The Prophecy : A Scifi-High Fantasy Mashup (F Player Seeking GM) NC/EX

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, December 08, 2013, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm currently seeking for someone to take on a very special 1v1 that will be a bit of an epic. There will be a slew of characters to be played, and I'd admittedly prefer that my partner play most of them. I can take on a few side/minor characters besides my main, but I'd like this to be run more GM v Player rather than Player v Player. If you're up for a challenge and writing an epic, please read on

It has been a long time since humans inhabited the earth. In fact... it's been so long that the remaining humans (of which there are only a fraction compared to what the earth's population was at the time of their departure from its surface) don't even know anything about the planet they hailed from. When the human race realized the earth was no longer able to support them, even with all their science and technology helping to "ease the burden" they were putting on the planet, those who were remaining built what equated to a mixture between a space ship and a space station.

The station was large enough, and manned by enough crew (the very people it was meant to support and save) that it was totally self-reliant. The people had crops, livestock, and nearly everything else they could need. They also lacked guns and explosives, as the people who'd banded together to make the project possible decided such things posed a threat to the safety and quality of life of the people aboard the ship. Such things helped to ruin the earth; they wouldn't have them ruining the last bastion of safety for mankind.

For generations, the ship has been drifting through space, on a set course that cannot be altered(at least, if there was a way to alter the ships course, the knowledge required to do so has been lost for some time). No one knows for sure where the ship is headed, or that there is even a destination anymore. For all the humans aboard know, the ship is simply drifting through space.

Since the humans left earth, their numbers have been dwindling. At first, it was barely noticeable... they seemed to be reproducing as quickly as they were dying, so things stayed fairly even. But the past few generations, less and less children have been born... and since then, it's been several years since the last child was born among them (despite the thousands there are of breeding age). The human race is dwindling and if something doesn't happen soon, they will all face extinction.

For answers, they all turn to their captain, who really serves as a sort of king to them. He's their leader in all things, and they look to him and his line for answers. The captain's wife died a few years after giving birth to their daughter, Aurora. Aurora has just reached her coming of age, her 18th birthday having literally just happened the day before the game would take place. She is betrothed to a young man aboard the ship; a match the captain prays will prove to be fertile.

Aurora is set against the marriage, swearing that her father is making a mistake choosing the young man he's picked for her. The man he's chosen for her is arrogant and looks on her as a possession he's about to obtain... much like his marriage to her will cement his place as the next captain. He wants the marriage for status, nothing more. It's only days until the wedding and she is refusing to be fitted for a gown, hoping that a lack of the ceremonial gown would at least cause the wedding to be postponed

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, it turns out the ship isn't drifting at all. It's been traveling all this time, bound for a single planet... a plant that dwarfs earth, but provides the same gravitational pull, the same oxygen levels, and the perfect living environment for humans. The only problems with the planet? Well to begin with, it's already populated. Next, there is no technology on the planet. The planet operates at a state akin to the earth's medieval period.

The race that inhabits the planet call themselves elves. They're taller than humans, their males ranging in height between 6'6" and 8 feet tall, while their females range between 6 and 7 feet tall. They are inherently stronger than humans, and are able to wield a powerful forces they call magics. They are in tune with nature, and they are completely unaware of the humans that are about to impact with their planet, changing the face of their world forever.

With their longer lifespans, Elvish generations are more drawn out than humans, and fewer of them are born than humans. Unfortunately, however, they have been suffering the same fate as the humans... for a longer period of time. Their birth numbers have been dwindling and only their exceptionally long lives have saved them from extinction. The only sign that the elves have known of the human's impending arrival were the prophecies spoken by one of their wise men hundreds of years prior.

And when hazard doth strike the land dry,
a great beast shall descend from the heavens,
bearing the savior of the people upon it’s back…

Many believe the prophecy to be the demented rambling of an old man, but for those who are truly faithful, the humans will be looked at as their saviors from the heavens.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NOTE: This game will require my partner to play multiple characters, or will require multiple partners (I prefer one partner who can play multiple people, but will be ok with the alternative if all members post regularly and their characters are played well enough).

The story will begin with the humans still on their ship, the day of their crash. My idea is to open with Aurora fighting (again) with her father over the impending marriage and the fact that she'd refusing to be fitted for a gown. After some arguing, we could possibly meet her intended and see some insight into his behavior and the type of person he is.

Upon impact with the planet, the section of the ship Aurora and her fiancé are in breaks free from the main part of the ship, and lands a bit of a distance away. He is knocked unconscious due to his refusal to strap into an emergency seat during the fall (he believed it was just normal turbulence until it was too late). Aurora climbs out of the ship, trying to find other survivors. During the fall she took a nasty blow to the head and is suffering a concussion along with a place where her scalp was split open by what hit her.

She is found by a scouting party lead by Astald, crown prince of the kingdom they landed in. Surprisingly, they are able to speak the same language, as English is referred to as "common" among the elves.

The reaction to the elves among the humans would be split... Some welcome the help the elves offer, some regard them with suspicion and hatred. As such, a large chunk leave the ship to start a settlement with the help of the elves, while others stay behind with the ship and live in it despite its lack of power. Aurora is taken back to the elvish kingdom for medical care before her people know where she is, while back at home her fiancé convinces people she left him for dead, when in reality she went looking for help because she couldn't move him on her own.

I will provide information on the characters in the story that will need to be handled by the other player.

Astald: The crown prince of the kingdom most of the story will take place in, Astald is a fierce warrior and one of their most accomplished fighters, as well as a leader of the kingdom's armies (though they are a peaceful group). He is the oldest of three siblings, and has one younger brother and a sister who is the youngest. As a lover, he is experienced and has a feral, animalistic way about him. That being said, he's currently not courting anyone, instead focusing on his duties as crown prince.

Lenthir: Where his brother is fierce, Lenthir is gentle, more likely to resort to words to sort out a bad situation or win over someone who doesn't like him. He has never left the palace except for brief excursions into the capital, only to return home as soon as possible. The queen dotes on him and is very protective, but Lenthir is far from a spoiled child like most would expect him to be. He is kind and generous and when he does love someone, he is very protective and simply because he looks genteel, does not mean he is not capable of protecting himself. He is the healer that takes care of Aurora when she's brought unconscious back to the elvish kingdom after Astald finds her.

Angelus: Aurora's fiancé, Angelus is an asshole and the quintessential douche bag. He is from one of the most socially influential families aboard the ship, and as such has been chosen to marry Aurora and succeed her father as the captain and the leader of the humans. When in the company of Aurora's father, he is polite and sucks up to the man, but when away from him, treats Aurora like a possession, as if he were already married to her. He's been known to get physical with her when her outspoken nature gets the better of her, slapping her around, but her father never believes such things when she goes to him. Angelus is a snob, and among those who believes the elves are evil. He plots against Aurora, and especially against the elves, even more so when it turns out that she didn't leave him for dead, but was under their care, recovering from her injuries.

There will also be opportunities to play Captain Telemnar, Aurora's father. He loves his daughter and is very protective of her. Unfortunately, the stress of being the leader means he's also often blinded by his obligations to realize when his daughter needs him. He is quite taken with Angelus and believes he is the ideal person to take on the responsibility of being Captain.

The basic idea of the game is that the humans are seen as a hope for the elves, and Aurora especially is viewed as the savior of their people. Both of the princes fall in love with her, and thankfully, due to the laws of the land, their people are allowed to have multiple spouses (this was a law that was changed when their populations began to dwindle). Due to this cultural difference, the elvish brothers do now see the need to compete for her affections, and she falls for both of them just as they did with her. I can see a lot happening with this story... everything from Aurora being raped and beaten upon her return to the ship, revealing Angelus' true nature, to her being kidnapped by a neighboring country that wants to see the other country die out while they prosper. Perhaps this new country is still elvish, but is in the desert, giving them an Arabic sort of feel?

I realize there was a lot of reading required for this, and thank you if you got this far... if you're interested, please let me know!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

Still looking for a GM/Partner for this. Please PM me if you're interested.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

This idea is officially TAKEN.

Keep an eye on my A/A and O/O threads for a link to it in the near future.