Fantasy Game

Started by Rune, July 22, 2010, 04:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

Right now I am deverified as I have been gone quite a while, However when I get activated again, I would like to start up a fantasy game.

I would like the world to be one of our own creation. Lots of magic and fantasy races. There should be some overall storyline threat such as an invading barbaric horde, evil sorcerors intent on ruling the world and more.

The details of the world can evolve during game play as the story develops.

To start. I was thinking that the character creation can be done be committee. Your soul has been summoned to this fantasy world to help save them from the big bad. You will be forced into bodies and roles not of your own choosing.

The details of your race, profession, etc, will be determined by the other players based off your roleplaying and description of your personality. Of course, just desserts is allowed. Sometimes it could be fun to walk a mile in someone elses shoes. For example, if the group deems it so, the heroic, yet physically challenged character can become a powerful barbarian. A strong willed but petite girl can become a honorable knight. Or the macho bully could end up in the form of the young princess.  Trapping someone in a body that the others feel is suitable is also allowed and encouraged.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if you think it could work.

Aedent

I am quite interested in this; it seems very fun and challenging.
I am nothing but your and yet I do nothing but manipulate. Will you be the one to change the table and force me to play my own distasteful games?

DKDBSD

Interesting. Is this high fantasy swords and sorcery?

Rune

I guess that would depend on your defination of "High Fantasy"

I do see magic as existing, so players could be sorcerers or people with innate abilities.

I do foresee a pleathora of fantasy races. humans would dominate, but elves, minotaurs, wolfen, nymphs, orcs, centaurs, and more would be allowed.

As for gming. I see each of us adding to the story and plot with new developments as we go along. That way everyone is part of the storytelling process and it isn't left ot one person to GM.

Next question, freeform or system based?

Aedent

Sound great, Is mainly how I enjoy Role-playing.  Not having a Single Gm add to a very complex an entertaining storyline. But there should be a place already created and a grand storyline to follow at least if not it might take too many directions.
I am nothing but your and yet I do nothing but manipulate. Will you be the one to change the table and force me to play my own distasteful games?

Rune

Yay! I am active again. Before I start the game, I would like a total of the number of people who would like to play.

Please continue to discuss. What would you like to see in the game. Myself, I was thinking about starting in a small city on the border of a neighboring barbarian Empire. Slavery is common in this world. The Barbarians may invade or the heroes may be sent to stop the invasion.

What else do people want from the setting.?

DKDBSD

Well I'd like this to stay away from anime influences.

Aedent

By anime influence what do you mean?

and yes that sound good, normally I enjoy playing a role of a hero but I would like to try out villain. Also I would iek to see that this story doesn't follow a cliche that Hero win but in fact i would like to see that it all depend on the actually skills with in the game itself

DKDBSD

Quote from: Aedent on July 22, 2010, 06:59:00 PM
By anime influence what do you mean?

and yes that sound good, normally I enjoy playing a role of a hero but I would like to try out villain. Also I would iek to see that this story doesn't follow a cliche that Hero win but in fact i would like to see that it all depend on the actually skills with in the game itself

Oversized swords, cat girls though they are things like that occasionally I prefer to do a more realistic fantasy.

Aedent

hmm, I understand this but I'm kinda confuse by the term you used "realistic Fantasy" sounds rather orthodox. But I too would like to eliminate odd  element of pure anime, something in the realm of Mythology. Now too imaginative but not too realistic. but then again I'm fine with just about anything sense i have no preference, other then avoiding reality base rps

DKDBSD

Quote from: Aedent on July 22, 2010, 07:08:34 PM
hmm, I understand this but I'm kinda confuse by the term you used "realistic Fantasy" sounds rather orthodox. But I too would like to eliminate odd  element of pure anime, something in the realm of Mythology. Now too imaginative but not too realistic. but then again I'm fine with just about anything sense i have no preference, other then avoiding reality base rps

Well I mean ok realistic is a bad word but I mean more along the lines of Lord of the Rings or the Sabriel novels.

Aedent

Quote from: DKDBSD on July 22, 2010, 07:19:36 PM
Well I mean ok realistic is a bad word but I mean more along the lines of Lord of the Rings or the Sabriel novels.

I see that you mean,  I'm more in to a style with a bit more fantasy in it. But now i understand what you meant.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Aedent on July 22, 2010, 07:35:40 PM
I see that you mean,  I'm more in to a style with a bit more fantasy in it. But now i understand what you meant.

Well again I like a bit of variety some times I want Anime somes I don't. But it's not up to me.

pendarious

this actually seems interesting.....i might give it a shot i suppose.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Aedent

Quote from: DKDBSD on July 22, 2010, 07:38:23 PM
Well again I like a bit of variety some times I want Anime somes I don't. But it's not up to me.

True true! X3

Rune

I am not that found of anime cat girls myself. However, if someone wanted to do something like Larry Niven's Kzinti, then I would be alright with it.

If I were to start the intro thread. I will need one victim... err subject to be summoned while the rest of us decide upon their fate. Once that character is set, we will move on to the next player.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Rune on July 23, 2010, 03:12:45 PM
I am not that found of anime cat girls myself. However, if someone wanted to do something like Larry Niven's Kzinti, then I would be alright with it.

If I were to start the intro thread. I will need one victim... err subject to be summoned while the rest of us decide upon their fate. Once that character is set, we will move on to the next player.

I'll volunteer. Though I may regret it. XD

Rune

Before we begin, do people prefer freeform or system based?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Rune on July 23, 2010, 03:31:02 PM
Before we begin, do people prefer freeform or system based?

Never done system based well not a well organised system.

Aedent

Sessha

If it's still open I wouldn't mind getting in on this?
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

DKDBSD

Quote from: Sessha on July 26, 2010, 03:06:30 AM
If it's still open I wouldn't mind getting in on this?

Hopefully it is.

Rune

Absolutely, the more involved, the more fun it will be. If the group gets too large, we can always splinter off.

I will start the summoning thread. DKDBSD can be summoned. The rest of us can take the rules of the Magicians who are summoning the newest heroes. Once the first hero is set, we can continue with the next until all of us have characters.

I will post the link to the thread shortly.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Rune on July 26, 2010, 03:37:58 PM
Absolutely, the more involved, the more fun it will be. If the group gets too large, we can always splinter off.

I will start the summoning thread. DKDBSD can be summoned. The rest of us can take the rules of the Magicians who are summoning the newest heroes. Once the first hero is set, we can continue with the next until all of us have characters.

I will post the link to the thread shortly.

Shiny I assume I should wait until you've decided before looking? It'll make it more surprising.

Rune

Here is the link.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=76839.0

Feel free to post a little about your soul's background and personality. That way we might be able to get some insight into what type of character you prefer. (You can also drop hints here as well)