On the Island (Goat of Mendes and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, May 22, 2008, 09:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

The island air was hot and muggy, the humidity fierce as a wet blanket wrapping around a person. The greenery was lush and thick, untouched by civilization. Not a path, not a single marking of activity leads from the beach into the thick foilage of the jungle.

Deep in the heart of the jungle a village lies undisturbed for who knew how long. The natives were a dark skinned people, with ritualistic markings on their faces and arms. Their chants and cries can be heard through out the jungle, hunting parties, and mating rituals. They were the indigenous people of the jungle, and they did not welcome outsider.s

Goat of Mendes

Sir Huckstable leaned in his crotch parting the thicket to view the savage rituals.  He had nothing to defend himself against these pagans.  He raised his naked arm to wipe the sweat from his sunburned face.  After his stare into the life of the dangerous race Theodore withdrew.  slinking off into the jungle.  Not far from the tribe he heard a hissing.  Theodore stared about him, he knew the deadly serpents of this area were nearly impossible to see however he could not run for fear of being heard by the island's residence.  Vines about him dropped, Huckstable's heart jumped in his chest a wheeze of breathlessness escaped him as he grabbed at the vines looking for which one could be the vicious serpent.  It wasn't until he felt a swelling upon his leg that he realized he hand laid so still the snake thought him a trunk.  Theodore reached down between his legs and grabbed the snake by the head punching it against the soft soil beneath him, smothering the creature.  It's body wrapped about Theodore cutting off his circulation.  A groan of pain escaped the explorer.  He placed his bare foot over the serpents head and separated the body from the brain.  The gruesome snap sent Sir Huckstable flying backwards onto the vines  he had pulled down they cradled him for a second before the branch they wrapped about snapped with a thunder load crack.  The huge limb holding Theodore down.
We form an unmoving tableau
Of adorer and adored
Unsure briefly which is me
Every thought I ever had
Dissolves into nothing

Sherona

The sound of crashing limbs brought the attention to the cheiftan and his daughter. Her body was adorned by the rough fabrics they had gleaned from woodland animals, rough hair of a boar generally was her garb. Standing, with a look to her father, she hefts the spear made of bamboo and iron sharpened to a fine point.

Following behind the princess was a handful of natives, each armed equally with rough spears. Emerging from the thicket, her spear pointed evenly at the man, her dark eyes glittering, though a few of the natives cracked grins at the plight of the strange man.

The woman made a series of gutteral sounds, pointing to the vines that ensnared the man, to which the natives immediately sprang into action, clearing and cutting. All the while she kept her spear leveled upon the fallen man.

Goat of Mendes

Theodore looks about in awe as he was not skewered by the natives.  "Thank you."  Sir Huckstable regretfully uttered. In the worst of circumstance a true officer must always be a gentle man,  even in the grasp of a wicked host.  As he was cut free the Lieutenant stood up to his feet standing in a statuesque manner to the natives.  Giving the woman a polite bow.  "I am Sir Theodore Michael Lee Huckstable, Lieutenant of the Royal Navy.  I thank you for you assistance and apologize for trampling on your home."  The wheel lock pistol in the front of his pants covered by his torn shirt would also give the man confidence in his encounter with the natives.
We form an unmoving tableau
Of adorer and adored
Unsure briefly which is me
Every thought I ever had
Dissolves into nothing