News:

Main Menu

Doctor Who Junkie!

Started by Usani, September 19, 2012, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usani

I started watching Doctor Who on Netflix a few days ago and I am now on Season 2 and I can't get enough of it!  A lot of people have been saying your first Doctor will always be your first love lol and they're right!  I looooooooved the ninth doctor it sucks he was only on for a short amount of time.  Now, don't get me wrong yes I do like the tenth doctor he has a special place as well but the ninth doctor will always be My Doctor <3!  :D

Teo Torriatte

My first Doctor was the 5th one, Peter Davison, and it's true, he is still my favorite.

But I agree that the 9th was awesome as well, and wasn't on for long enough before he regenerated. I just love the attitude that he brought to the character, gave him an edge that many of the others hadn't.

Usani

Quote from: Luna on September 19, 2012, 08:44:42 PM
My first Doctor was the 5th one, Peter Davison, and it's true, he is still my favorite.

But I agree that the 9th was awesome as well, and wasn't on for long enough before he regenerated. I just love the attitude that he brought to the character, gave him an edge that many of the others hadn't.

Yeah I dunno what it is but it seems the ninth had more love and compassion towards Rose then the tenth so far, I dunno maybe that's just me lol.  I hoping someone on here sees my Doctor Who idea.

Oniya

My first was Number 4.  I made myself a 15-foot scarf and wear it whenever the weather gives me the excuse.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Usani

Quote from: Oniya on September 19, 2012, 09:30:38 PM
My first was Number 4.  I made myself a 15-foot scarf and wear it whenever the weather gives me the excuse.

That's awesome!  :D I wish I could get a leather coat like Number 9 had, I loved it!

Observing Trifles

Doctor Who seems to have that addictive effect on a lot of people new to the show. I watched one episode on a whim. I was simply flipping through the channels and landed on BBCA. An hour later, I was making a mad dash to Netflix so I could watch the rest.

Ten was my first, during the "Partners in Crime" episode. Great fun. :D
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Usani

The last episode during Season 1 brought me to tears especially when he kissed her!  That made me love him even more!

Callie Del Noire

My biggest glee was finding that the Amazon Prime app plays A HUGE list of Current and classic episodes.. all the way back to the original doctor.

Usani

Really?! Damn now I just need money! lol

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 19, 2012, 10:35:29 PM
My biggest glee was finding that the Amazon Prime app plays A HUGE list of Current and classic episodes.. all the way back to the original doctor.

Really? That's convenient, considering Netflix doesn't seem to have the classic episodes.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Usani

I was just wondering if anyone could look at my plot and tell me if it's any good or needs more something.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: BrilliantDays on September 19, 2012, 11:10:43 PM
Really? That's convenient, considering Netflix doesn't seem to have the classic episodes.

Straight off my iPad amazon prime app. There are, however, some BIG gaps. Like 2 eps of season 1 then nothing till season 5. Lost episodes galore.

Beorning

Quote from: Oniya on September 19, 2012, 09:30:38 PM

My first Doctor was the Third. I've been watching Dr Who reruns since early teens :)

KittyMocha

Am I the only person whose Doctor isn't the first one they saw?  I started the show off from the 2005 era, with Nine, but Eleven is really -REALLY- growing on me lately.  I think, out of the three "New Who" Doctors, he's the one I'd most like to travel with.  I wouldn't say no to Ten either, though.  :)

Usani

Quote from: KittyMocha on September 20, 2012, 03:19:13 AM
Am I the only person whose Doctor isn't the first one they saw?  I started the show off from the 2005 era, with Nine, but Eleven is really -REALLY- growing on me lately.  I think, out of the three "New Who" Doctors, he's the one I'd most like to travel with.  I wouldn't say no to Ten either, though.  :)

Nope I just started watching it this week and started with 2005 and I am in love with the Ninth doctor lol!

Avis habilis

TomDoc cannot be surpassed. Although admittedly Jon Pertwee comes in a close second thanks to the barely repressed haughtiness, groovy outfits & Venusian aikido.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Avis habilis on September 20, 2012, 12:13:09 PM
TomDoc cannot be surpassed. Although admittedly Jon Pertwee comes in a close second thanks to the barely repressed haughtiness, groovy outfits & Venusian aikido.

I was a TomDoc fan for a while..then he went on 'strike' for a while till his wife got to stay with the show. Months without the Doctor dimmed my liking.. though I admit that his era was my first.. seeing him..then coming back to the states and seeing Pertwee was interesting.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 20, 2012, 12:40:33 PM
I was a TomDoc fan for a while..then he went on 'strike' for a while till his wife got to stay with the show.

Then they go & split & she ends up married to Richard Dawkins anyway. Tsk.

Oniya

By the time I got into it, they weren't even filming TomDoc anymore - but it was the latest thing that PBS had available.  They used to get a huge turnout during the membership drives from the Doctor Who crowd, and some even volunteered to man the phones.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Quote from: Oniya on September 20, 2012, 01:29:40 PM
... and some even volunteered to man the phones.

I seem to remember the Doctor Who fan club showing up in costume to do the same during Prairie Public TV drives.

Lilias

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 20, 2012, 12:10:29 AM
There are, however, some BIG gaps. Like 2 eps of season 1 then nothing till season 5. Lost episodes galore.

Several archives have been destroyed by oversight. Some were salvaged, but more are gone forever.

I watched (briefly and rather indifferently) during the Tom Baker era, then picked it up during the reboot. I consider myself a fan of DH, but not of the Doctor himself. Some companions (Sarah Jane, Donna, Amy) have more zip than the man.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lilias on September 20, 2012, 03:20:24 PM
Several archives have been destroyed by oversight. Some were salvaged, but more are gone forever.

I watched (briefly and rather indifferently) during the Tom Baker era, then picked it up during the reboot. I consider myself a fan of DH, but not of the Doctor himself. Some companions (Sarah Jane, Donna, Amy) have more zip than the man.

Well part of the problem was the film was normally destroyed after a certain period. So odds are the 2 eps from the first season were the only prints still left of that season.  I think someone said that they are always hopeful some old BBC tech left reels in an attic somewhere and that his grandkids will find them someday.

Polymorph

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 20, 2012, 03:25:34 PM
Well part of the problem was the film was normally destroyed after a certain period. So odds are the 2 eps from the first season were the only prints still left of that season.  I think someone said that they are always hopeful some old BBC tech left reels in an attic somewhere and that his grandkids will find them someday.

A couple of lost episodes were found just last year dating back to the sixties. One with William Hartnell and one with Patrick Troughton. The man that had them on original film reels bought them at a school fete thirty years ago.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Polymorph on September 20, 2012, 03:47:33 PM
A couple of lost episodes were found just last year dating back to the sixties. One with William Hartnell and one with Patrick Troughton. The man that had them on original film reels bought them at a school fete thirty years ago.

Yup.. of course the longer they go without appearing, the less likely we'll see more of them. One should keep hoping though. Thanks to the appeal of the new series though, there is a big awareness that they are out there. A lot of folks who never saw the 'pre-2000' series know about the lost eps now.

Mathim

It's funny, when I first saw Eccleston regenerate into Tennant, I was convinced this was going to be a bad move. I ended up loving Tennant way more than Eccleston even though Eccleston was technically my first Doctor. I'm kind of tired of Smith already, wanting to see the 12th Doctor hopefully next season.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).