Ipod Classic help?

Started by Ravensahnk, June 04, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravensahnk

Okay so I've had this Ipod for a good few years, and it's been good.  Despite the faulty battery I had a year and a half ago, it's been good.  But I went to charge it tonight and a Big red X shows up on the screen.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1463

That would be apicture.  I followed it's trouble shooting statements, but my problem is that IT IS DEAD! and it won't charge, it just keep showing the apple and then the Red X shortly after.  I have no clue what is wrong with it or how to fix it for free...I'm a poor person.  :/  Any solutions from the E community?

Autumn Sativus

Hold down the center button and the 'bottom' button until it resets.

If that doesn't work, it's center button and top button.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ravensahnk

Quote from: Saffron on June 04, 2012, 01:02:37 AM
Hold down the center button and the 'bottom' button until it resets.

If that doesn't work, it's center button and top button.

Didn't work.  I took it off the chord and it simply stayed off as if it were completely dead.

I tried plugging it in and took me right to the red X again.  :(  Thank you anyways.

Autumn Sativus

It would probably need to at least have a charge to turn on to reset. :-\
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ravensahnk

ipod why are thou so cruel.  T.T  It's my only form of music outside of my house since my phone doesn't really hold much of a charge!

Ugh I've had it for four years...I guess that's a decent life expectancy.  I just don't have three hundred to go out and spend on a new one right now.  :\

Ravensahnk

Okay so long story short (For anyone who stumbles across this later)  normally if you give it a few good whacks while it is on the apple sign before the red X it will work.  Unfortunately for me my hard drive died completely so I had to get a completely new ipod.  :(

jouzinka

I'm sorry, Ravenshank. But hey, at least you have a new "treat" - a new gadget to spoil yourself with. :-) I'm sure it's well deserved.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Ravensahnk

Tis very fun. Thank you Jouzinka.  :)