Do you have a facebook page?

Started by Wolfy, April 11, 2011, 11:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

No details, of course!

Just a simple yes or no.

And if no, then why not? :D

I don't have on myself..never really saw the need for it. :/ Though I'm thinking about creating one, just to stay in contact with people.

Phoenixrisen

I do, but I almost never check it anymore.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Wyrd

I do and check it almost everyday. It's replaced MSN for me in some cases and It's a great way to stay in contact with people and tell people when I'm plating a gig or stuff like that.
Ragtime Dandies!

Star Safyre

FB and E are my homeboys homepages.

I love my FB.  I'm really lazy when it comes to contacting people I don't see on a daily basis or would invite to a party, like relatives, long-distance folks, and my more conservative/busy friends.  FB lets me keep up on them in a parallel way that isn't intrusive for either of us.  Also I do some political carousing there as well.

And I like playing the stupid little games to death.   ::)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Lilias

I don't have one. No Myspace either, or any other social network. They simply move too fast for me to keep up.

I have considered getting FB to reconnect with my tabletop group friends back in Greece (just a handful of people), but I'll have to look more into that before doing anything. The whole upkeep business, if only to keep the friend collectors away, looks like too much work.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Sabby

I avoided it for a while... then Saffron gets me to join so we can keep in touch easier. No, I'm on it every day and it actually is helping my social life a lot. I'm closer to friends and family and I know whats going on with them, which has made it easier to hang.

I love it.

Avis habilis

I do. It satisfies my curiosity about what my friends & acquaintances from high school & university are up to now, delivers news from my martial arts school & a magazine writer I follow, & keeps me in touch with former co-workers & the guys in my tabletop group.

olive

I have one but it's sadly neglected since I have joined E! I love my facebook page. I get to stay in touch with my friends and family. I love to share pictures of my kitties and other highly 'interesting things' like my tomatoes, when I start them in the spring and my yard gnome. :-)

Hemingway

I do. I got it because of a girl. ... Yeah.

Anyway. I don't really use it for anything but subjecting my "friends" to my musings. Most of them I never interact with, and only keep on my list of friends because I don't want to seem like a jerk by removing them.

Koren

Hells no.

The idea of facebook frustrates me. Not only is it completely unsafe but also quite annoying
i dont want any person that has the most remote acquaintance of me to be able to get on a request to  be my friend and post comments and see my friends and all that stuff

Anyone I actually WANT to interact with or talk to gets my MSN. And If they are really good friends they get my number. Simple as that. I don't need an account that allows everyone to have access to almost everything.

(yes i know some people may say, but there are all this privacy settings, but because of the way facebook runs them technically all they are doing is not displaying the information, they still collect it and it still gets recorded)

and then one other thing that influences all that is my friend is forced into getting facebook by his gf, and then they break up and he is getting harrassed by all her other friends to the point where i had to go over and draw him out of a depression

Oniya

No, because I don't need a place where I have to put up a 'public face' about everything.  I have enough masks, thank you.  If I were to join, I know that my family would be all over it like white on rice, and I'd have to make sure that everything I posted was sanitized.  Mr. Oniya has one, and tried to use a nickname that all of his friends (and none of my family) know him by, and Facebook refused to allow it.  Now he has people he doesn't even know trying to friend him - and it doesn't help that his full name is rather common, and several of those people think he's someone that he isn't.  Dude!  Wrong John Smith!*  Get over it and stop trying to make out that we're some long-lost relative!

*Not his real name.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

RP7466

Had one, got rid of it. Facebook blows dogs for quarters.
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Aiden

[Aiden rant]

No mostly out of protest to these sites.

I can't go out with my friends without them having to "facebook" that they are eating a cheeseburger or their status is "full after eating at hodads" or some other mundane bullshit they assume people care about.

Using your phone while I am out with someone is a WHOOOOOLE other peeve/rant so I won't go into it.

I also disagree with how my family parades their dirty laundry and drama in it.
And honestly, any time your parents do something...I automatically think it is uncool. My mom is on facebook, my siblings and cousins and I hate their irresponsible behavior. My young female family members dressing up to provocatively for their age and having to read those comments people make.

If I like you as a person, then I stay in contact I don't need facebook to do so.

OHH you where in my science class for three week in junior year? Ohh yea I totally want to stay in touch with you now. Fuck you.

I hate Facebook.

[/Aiden rant]

Ramster

Quote from: Aiden on April 12, 2011, 11:57:19 AM
[Aiden rant]

No mostly out of protest to these sites.

I can't go out with my friends without them having to "facebook" that they are eating a cheeseburger or their status is "full after eating at hodads" or some other mundane bullshit they assume people care about.

Using your phone while I am out with someone is a WHOOOOOLE other peeve/rant so I won't go into it.

I also disagree with how my family parades their dirty laundry and drama in it.
And honestly, any time your parents do something...I automatically think it is uncool. My mom is on facebook, my siblings and cousins and I hate their irresponsible behavior. My young female family members dressing up to provocatively for their age and having to read those comments people make.

If I like you as a person, then I stay in contact I don't need facebook to do so.

OHH you where in my science class for three week in junior year? Ohh yea I totally want to stay in touch with you now. Fuck you.

I hate Facebook.

[/Aiden rant]

THANK YOU. Great minds think alike.
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Zakharra

No. I view places like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace as sites for verbal sewage. As much crap that gets posted on the internet and comes bnack to haunt people, do you really want to have that come back  to bite you in the ass later? Plus, the sheer amount of utter crap and useless mundane garbage that gets posted... 

/shudder.

If it works for you, go for it and more power to you, but for me, it's a more or less complete waste of server space and bandwidth.

TheLovelyMaid

I have one, and I like it. I use it to keep in touch with friends from H.S. and college. I do agree that people post too much personal information on there, but mine is unsearchable and locked up as much as it will allow.

Craz

I have a Facebook page, and I enjoy it. I resisted as long as possible, but once I made rules for how I work with it, it got better. It's made me feel good. The majority of my friends are in different cities now, having moved on to bigger and better things. While depressing, it's great to see that they're doing well, and sometimes...well, posting mundane bullshit is rather fun, especially if it gets a giggle from me.

Philosophical discussions on Facebook over the ramifications of AI over Facebook? Awww yea.

Morrowclaw

I do but I never go on FB anymore.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Star Safyre

I do need to add that given that I'm a teacher, I have that thing locked tighter than Fort Knox.  Everything is Friends Only, and nothing gets posted that I wouldn't write on the board in my classroom.

Jag

I do. Who is on it? My mother, father, hubby, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, and a few select people from my past that I don't mind speaking to. If people start drama, I delete them and tell them when they grow up I might re-add them. I don't update often, mostly just pictures of the baby for the family to see. If people start updating with what they are eating every 2 hours or the fact that they are breathing, I delete them cause they obviously have no life and nothing important to tell me or for me to see. There is nothing on my facebook that I wouldn't say anywhere else...also, nearly everything is Friend's Only and I delete any requests from people I don't know personally or very well.

And I'm addicted to Bubble Speed. *pops bubbles frantically*

Facebook and sites like it don't have to be a bad thing if you don't want it to be. Best way to avoid FB drama is to delete the people causing it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

SinClaire

QuoteI love my FB.  I'm really lazy when it comes to contacting people I don't see on a daily basis or would invite to a party, like relatives, long-distance folks, and my more conservative/busy friends.  FB lets me keep up on them in a parallel way that isn't intrusive for either of us.  Also I do some political carousing there as well.

And I like playing the stupid little games to death.

Same here, Star Safyre. Except for the political bit.

Of course, I also have MSN for the most important people, particularly my girlfriend, who refuses to be part of any such community :P

Caela

I have one to keep up with family and friends that are out of state for me. I have all my privacy settings set to "friends only" and have no intention of changing them anytime soon. I don't post on it much myself but it's a nice way of being able to post pics of my daughter for folks like my grandparents and my dad who all live in different states than I do.

Wolfy

So here's another question, though it's probably already an obvious answer:

Do you use your real name for your facebook page?

Star Safyre

Quote from: Wolfy on April 17, 2011, 06:50:53 PM
So here's another question, though it's probably already an obvious answer:

Yes, but only when I'm not on my cat's FB page.   ::)

Jag

Quote from: Wolfy on April 17, 2011, 06:50:53 PM

Of course. I have no reason not to since the only people that can view anything on my page is family and friends.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment