Dare we Split the Unbreakable Glass? (Shyamalan super-verse - SPOILERS!)

Started by Mathim, January 20, 2019, 02:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I just got home from seeing Glass and I dug the hell out of it, a great finale to something Shyamalan had been building up for so long, particularly the trifecta twist endings. That being the case, I'd like to see if a grounded sort of super-verse can be made out of this concept where the powers aren't quite so outlandish and anyone with an alignment toward good automatically causes their nemesis to come out of the woodwork, so we'll definitely need villains to balance out the heroes.

SPOILERS SECTION

Just hours after the worldwide release of the footage from Raven Hill Memorial Psychiatric Hospital where David Dunn, Kevin Wendell Crumb and Elijah Price all showcased their abilities of inhuman strength and intellect, the prediction made by Price, AKA Mr. Glass, that other extraordinary individuals that have existed throughout human history would begin to emerge (in greater numbers than the three tragically deceased inmates), good and bad, came to pass.

What we would look for as far as powers go would be things that aren't completely godlike, such as precognition, telepathy, having a healing factor or ability to resurrect after being killed, immunity to heat and fire, the ability to hide in plain sight, etc. Each ability wielder would have some kind of weakness, something very akin to a Kryptonite that would be debilitating to the person if exposed to, or if it happens to be a congenital physical or mental condition.

So, might this work out? Let's see who's interested and what we can come up with.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).