Bones of the Old World: Genlab - Mutant: Genlab Alpha Recruitment Thread

Started by William Blake, May 23, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Blake

"You live in paradise. Your home is a vast valley, surrounded by mountains so high the peaks are covered with snow all year round. Down in the valley there are wild moors, lush forests filled with game and cold streams where fish spawn in the spring. And you are never alone - your tribe is never far away. The tribe is your safe haven, your home.

But paradise is a prison. Walls and fences buzzing with lethal current block all paths out of the valley. Every attempt to tear the fences down or climb them is punished harshly by the Watchers. Your jailors. Nightmare machines. Drones in the sky monitor every step you take. Walkers march into your tribe without warning and force you to obey their metallic commands. Sometimes they abduct members of your tribe, and take them to the subterranean Labyrinth. When the victims come back they are forever scarred by the Watcher's grotesque experiments, memories and personalities erased. If they come back at all.

Despite never having tasted freedom, the dream of roaming free burns within you. You were not created to live like this. You know it. You feel it in every fiber of your body. Someday you will be free. Some day.

For generations, your tribe elders have advocated submission and cooperation. Doing what the Watchers say and participating in their experiments is the only way to prove yourselves worthy of freedom. To finally join the humans, your creators who left you and are waiting out there. You have heard this since you were little cubs.

But some of you are fed up with the sick games the Watchers play. You would rather fight, track down your machine jailors, and confront them. Destroy them and take your freedom by force. You call your struggle for freedom the Resistance. But who is really on your side? Who is secretly serving the Watchers as informants and collaborators?

The day of reckoning is coming. The Resistance grows, and so does the oppression of the Watchers. Soon, no animal in Paradise Valley will be untouched by the conflict. Will you win your freedom - or be crushed by the mysterious enemies in Genlab Alpha?"

~ Mutant: Genlab Alpha rulebook, by way of introduction to the setting.

What is this?

This is Mutant: Genlab Alpha. It originates as a side story in the universe of Bones of the Old World, and will go on to shape what happens out there in the Zone… but first, you'll need to survive and escape Paradise Valley. It is a story about identity and purpose, as you try to comprehend why you exist, what it means to be a sapient animal, and how you fit into the larger world of humans. It is a story about agency, about freedom, about loss and leadership and hard-won victories.

It's a system game, it's a story, it's a setting. Each of these elements exists to enhance and further the others - the stats, the dice, the rules, are all there to provide uncertainty, risk, and structure to the story and to inform the setting. The setting is there to provide context to the rules and be a compelling place to encourage storytelling. And the story shapes the setting and gives meaning to the rules.

Mutant is a very… collaborative system. We will have to take polls. We will have to communicate. We will have to make decisions. It will also be a very collaborative story, and I look forward to having you all on board for it.

Setting/Themes: Strategy and cultural engagement with themes of introspection and identity in a post-apocalyptic dystopia.
System: Mutant: Genlab Alpha
Players: Ideally, 3-6. Realistically, 2-8. Not including me, of course.
Posting Rate: Hopefully about weekly. Faster if that's what ends up happening. No one should be left behind, so long as they don't disappear, though!
Commitment: Fairly long-term. The appeal of Mutant is its sweeping scope and mutual worldbuilding. The hope is to make that exciting and engaging enough that people don't WANT the campaign to end, just evolve.
Game vs. Narrative: Narrative. Dice and stats exist to inform and develop story.
Smut: Moderate to Plentiful. Mutant allows for a ton of smut. I'm partially here to write erotica, so I'll not shy away from it as a GM, leaving "Moderate" the minimum just based on what you might run into. If everyone wants more… opportunities abound.

What can we expect from one-another?

This is a system game in name, but I'd prefer to think of it as a story with some dice and numbers involved. I would love players who can think of it the same way - who can look past the system or, better yet, incorporate it and craft an interesting, collaborative tale about surviving and thriving in a post apocalyptic world. This means the best posts go beyond simple actions and dice rolls - they let the other writers know something about your character and/or give someone else something interesting to respond to. The best posts are quality posts - and, while that doesn't mean incredibly long or grammatically perfect, it means posts that are interesting rather than just a set of stage directions.

Because Mutant is a very collaborative system, this game requires perhaps more effective OOC communication than other games. Exploration has to strike a careful balance between player agency and player characters having no clue what's around the corner. Elements of the game world develop based on player desires, but also fit in with the established lore the GM curates. Sweeping decisions can be made that players have to agree on. That means that anyone involved in this game is going to have to be willing to put in the effort to work with the other writers and keep up a good flow of OOC chatter. It's just the way this system works best.

As a GM, I'll be striving to give you an interesting experience that caters to your tastes to the best of my ability. I'll be enabling and challenging you as writers and storytellers and trying to set up interesting events and NPCs for you to engage with. I'll be available for questions and arbitration, either in the OOC thread or via PM. I'll be committed to holding this crazy, sinking ship together for as long as there are players wanting to steer it places.

In short: we're in this together, and I hope it's great.

Inspiration and Tone

Genlab Alpha is similar in many ways to sweeping cultural pieces. Many dystopian fiction sources are fitting inspiration for Genlab. Lord of the Flies, perhaps. Star Wars, if you like your other capital-R Rebellions and Resistances. Out in the Zone - if you make it that far - all the Year Zero inspirations also apply.

Tone-wise, Mutant is pretty serious… except when it isn't. There are plenty of opportunities for light-hearted humor, especially when you're running into strange items that you can't explain. The world should feel wide, intriguing, and mysterious, but at the same time constantly dangerous. Fellow animals (or mutants) are potential allies, but also selfish and problematic. Absurdist humor paints over an environment that is both bleak and wondrous all at the same time...

What next?

Hopefully, almost everyone here will have seen the interest thread. This is the recruitment thread for Genlab Alpha, and it exists for two reasons:

1 - To handle what little pre-game decision-making there is for for Genlab Alpha. This includes some setting and background details that simply must be decided before we can finalize anything.

2 - To allow me a final look over character sheets and approve or, possibly, disapprove of characters or players.

To that end, I'll be asking questions. Many of these will be setting questions that I want all of you to answer and discuss. Some will be character specific. If I am asking you questions about your character, this doesn't mean they won't be approved! It just means I have some curiosity or am trying to encourage some depth, which isn't to say your character won't be or isn't already good. Remember, we're in this together!

What setting details do I need to know?

Surprise! Robots are a thing in this setting. The Watchers are all machines.

You know you were made by humans as a result of genetic testing. You do not know why. You know that your ancestors are the Feral Ones - what you and I would call "animals" - which means, even making allowances for smut, your characters should err on the animal side of anthro. Fur/appropriate covering and animals faces are a must - sorry if that doesn't work for you!

You have never seen a human - no one has, as far as you know - and you do not understand humans very well.

The Cat Tribe and the Rat Tribe are in open warfare.

The Rabbit Tribe is in semi-open revolt against the Watchers.

While the Rabbit Tribe is engaged in their own conflicts with the Watchers, the only active Resistance Cells - which is to say, a loose combat unit, rather than just anyone affiliated somehow with the Resistance - are from the Reptile Tribe and the Badger Tribe.

All animals have a very specific naming structure - based on species - and a number. Some animals also choose a name. These are primarily Resistance members or sympathizers.

This setting specifically probably requires the most reading of the lore to play well in. Playing the mutated humans of Year Zero engaging with a post-apocalyptic world is something we can all easily imagine, and only needs a few specific constraints to easily engage with. Genlab has more cultural and individual depth as background, and I plan to cleave to it all as closely as possible… so, I hate to say it, but reading carefully is your best friend here.

The Questions

Question 1 - Starting Out

The game assumes that, after the introduction to the campaign, the player characters all constitute one mixed Cell of the Resistance - the Inner Circle, in fact - and that they are fairly committed to the cause. What I need to know is roughly how we plan to start.

Is your character already a member of the Resistance? Have they been for some time? Have they at least been a Resistance sympathizer… or is this all new to them? These are the simple facets of this question.

The "stock" intro for the game has the action begin with one character - or characters, if from the same Tribe - who is not a member of the Resistance, and goes through a few scenes that… encourage them to join. The rest of the Cell arrives later, already having been members of the Resistance and established in the Inner Circle. But this is a PbP and allows for some creative freedom. We can open with everyone being gathered, having shown promise either through Resistance activities or their general abilities and outlook, and open as you all meet for your induction into the Inner Circle. We can skip the thematic intro and have you all be members the Inner Circle already - though you miss a fairly cool festival that way.

If your character already is a member of the Resistance… why? And, once you are all a Cell, do you plan on spending your downtime in the "HQ" of sorts, or do you intend to go back to your own habitats until you are called to action? These are things to consider. They'll help me plan.

Question 2 - Basic Game Structure

The stock rules for Initiative are: roll d6, current Agility decides ties. A strict initiative order is more tactical, and may help survival in combat, but slows posting down like nobody's business. Unfortunately, many Stunts, Talents, and Mutations play on the Initiative system, so changing it makes those less useful, and might make the game more deadly.

An alternative would be Side v. Side combat, with first-come-first-serve turn order. I post for all NPCs during their side's turn. Players post as they're able, and the order of posts is their turn order - if it's written, it's happened, if it isn't written yet, it hasn't happened yet. This keeps the flow moving, but means combats are potentially more one-sided - Mutant is deadly - and makes some abilities less useful. I'm also open to ideas.

As a GM and a player, I'm used to one thread per game session - which I have seen called "Chapters" and which I suppose we'll call "Issues" - which flows in chronological order, more or less. Downtime and its attendant sandboxing are primarily handled as they come up, and the GM moves everyone on when everyone's ready to move on… but, it is my understanding that this is not typical for E. It is also true that I am used to games with less sandboxing and partial group interactions. We need to decide on a structure for this game.

I am considering a "main thread" for the general content - when the group is together pursuing their joint agendas - and a "downtime thread" where players can explore to their heart's content when the main thread breaks for downtime. This allows players to take advantage of breaks in the narrative (primarily stretches of time in the Ark) at their own pace. I would announce in the main thread that downtime has begun and provide some minor structure or plot points, and would reconvene at a set date or when most players were ready to move on, but people engaging in longer scenes would be able to continue them without holding up the game.

Downside? Harder to go back and read the thread "beginning to end" like a story. If something crops up in an ongoing scene in the Ark that's important to character development or the narrative, but happens after we've moved on, the content between "main thread" picking up again and the introduction of this fact would not account for something that's supposed to have already happened, so continuity suffers. Upside? A bit more freedom, and less pressure to wrap up smaller, more personal scenes.

Do you want to use a tagging system and headers? I'm neutral on it. In combat, it's helpful to track player stats. That said, I encourage all players to read all content - even downtime sandboxing style content that doesn't involve them - whether they're tagged or not. Tagging should be for calling attention, not an "ok, I can safely ignore this" section. :)

Discuss!

Create Your Character

Character creation follows the guidelines set out in Chapter 2, with a few reminders and clarifications:

You choose two Animal Powers based on species. You can also be "tainted" and give up an Animal Power for a random Mutation from the Year Zero rules. Fun.

For the purposes of Elliquiy rules, the age ranges are as follows:
Young - 16 to about mid 30s.
Mature - Mid 30s to the nebulous range of "older".
Elders - They old, fam.
Yes - we are going to assume animals age exactly like humans. Yes, it's kind of illogical. It gets Elliquiy very, very far away from our backs, however, so I am perfectly fine suspending any necessary disbelief to ensure we are following site rules.

You can use this dice roller! I trust you not to cheat. Please don't abuse that trust, because every other roller that helps enforce no-cheat is such a pain in the ass to do Mutant rolls with.

Please use the character sheet provided (it will be posted in a characters thread once approved). It contains all the standard M:GA information plus some more story and E specific information.

[b]NAME:[/b] [Lab / Resistance]
[b]SPECIES:[/b]
[b]ROLE:[/b]
[b]AGE:[/b]
[b]RANK:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] [Especially if picture isn't exact.]
[b]Fetishes:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[Text about your character's history, and some details about them!]

[b]STR:[/b] 1/1
[b]AGI:[/b] 1/1
[b]WIT:[/b] 1/1
[b]INS:[/b] 1/1

[b]SKILLS:[/b]
[Skill] -- #
[Skill] -- #
[Skill] -- #

[b]TALENTS:[/b]
[Name]

[b]ANIMAL POWERS:[/b]
[Name]
[Name]

[b]GEAR:[/b]
[b]1:[/b] [Normal Item]
[b]2:[/b] [Light Item 1 / Light Item 2]
[b]3:[/b] [Light Item 3] / --------   
[b]4:[/b] [Heavy Item 1]
[b]5:[/b] [Heavy Item 1]
[b]6:[/b] --------
[b]7:[/b] --------
[b]8:[/b] --------
[b]9:[/b] STR CAP
[b]0:[/b] STR CAP

[b]TINY ITEMS:[/b]
[Name]

[b]WORN ITEMS:[/b]
[WEIGHTLESS THINGS LIKE BOOTS AND JACKETS ARE TRACKED HERE, BUT ALSO WEIGHTED ITEMS LIKE ROT SUITS]

[b]FERAL POINTS:[/b] #
[b]ROT POINTS:[/b] #/# [Total/Permanent Specifically]
[b]EXPERIENCE:[/b] 0

[b]CONDITIONS:[/b]
[b]CRITICAL INJURIES:[/b]

[b][PC NAME 1]:[/b]
[b]PC NAME 2]:[/b]
[b][PC NAME 3] - BUDDY:[/b]
[b]I HATE:[/b]
[b]I NEED TO PROTECT:[/b]

[b]MY BIG DREAM:[/b]

[b]DEN:[/b]
[b]DEN STOCKPILE:.[/b]

[b]GRUB:[/b] #
[b]WATER:[/b] #

[spoiler=Notes]Things to note or consider.[/spoiler]

Please feel free to spruce up your character sheet with extras. If you want to list weapons, using something like….

[b]Scrap Knife:[/b] +1 GB, 2 Damage, Arm's Length, Light Weapon

Feel free to do that. Add extra spoiler tags to provide more detail, stash extra pictures, whatever. Add a picture to your charactersheet in whatever flavor you're a fan of. Personally, I'm fond of:

[float=right][img width=350 padding=25]URL[/img][/float]

Please note, fetishes and offs are not necessarily what your character likes and dislikes, but rather a guide for me and the other players about what you, as a writer, want to happen to them. If there's a significant disconnect, you can call it out in the notes section or whatever. This means, say, that a sheet might suggest "anal" as a fetish, but the character themselves might resist or even abhor anal - the writer simply wants to write them being exposed to it, so to speak. ;) You know, for those people who have more interests than their character has emotion or experience… or for those dub/non-con fans out there.

Final Thoughts

So those things are what I need from you - or need you to understand, at least. I'll be meandering through the thread, encouraging discussion and asking you questions about your characters and such.

When/if I approve your character, their sheet can go in the official character thread (actual thread forthcoming). It's important that you post it, as you are going to be updating it as your character changes.

Once we get things rolling, I'll update that thread with information about the Resistance, including NPCs you know, information you've gathered, Cells you possess, etc. - it'll grow to be a sort of setting bible, if I can keep it updated. There will also be house rules / errata in a spoilered-off section. You'll want to read those, as it might include information not covered in this thread.

I am overhauling Genlab Alpha's strategy/management system to be more interesting. It is fairly bland, as is - the changes will allow for injury states to the Cells and development/customization of both Cells and, to a certain extent, Habitats.

A quick reference of the rules can be found here, for convenience. It's Year Zero focused, and, as such, not perfect for Genlab Alpha… but it's a decent reference, all the same.

Have fun! :)

Lynx181

Hello to everyone who joins in on this part of the adventure, looking forward to meeting you all!

mouse doctor
   Name: Parris-25
Chosen name: White spot
Role:Healer
Species:Rat(mouse)
Appearance: white fur in a thin, lanky body, standing at around 4'2 inches, with pink ears, deep violet eyes, and a decent tail from his behind.
Body:fit and full of energy, his eyes full of hope and kindess.
Clothing:Thin sweatshirt with a bit of paint along the arms to mark him as a healer, thin shorts.
Fetishes: enjoys making a mess of his partner and lives the idea of being a parent, and hopefully instilling in his kids his urge for cleanliness
Off’s:blood and dirtyness overall and lack of hygiene...though he does enjoy the smell of his mate after an extended hunt...dislikes the idea of servitude and predetermined masters.
Backstory:he grew up in one of the smallest litters the tribe had ever had, and always found himself tidying and cleaning up after his family and friends, as well as fixing his mate up...is very nuetral towards the resistance as well as the cat tribe, viewing them as equal beings, though he has a distaste for the cats when it comes to their urge to be dominant...doesn't truly trust the watchers, and is in the resistance because his mate joined it.

Attributes:
Strength:3
Agility:5
Wits:3
Instinct:4
Skills:
(S)Endure:
(S)Force:
(S)Fight:1
(A)Sneak:
(A)Move:
(A)Shoot:2
(W)Scout:
(W)Comprehend:
(W)Know the Zone:
(I)Sense Emotion:1
(I)Dominate:1
(I)Heal:1
(I) brew potions:2
Talents:
Moonshiner

Animal powers:
Small: You can activate this power when an enemy succeeds in a roll of Fight or Shoot against you. Every FP you spend neutralizes one of the enemy’s successes.

Herbivore: By spending an FP you can eliminate the need to eat and drink for a day.

Feral Points:
Gear:
1-knife
2-4 grub
3-4 water
4-
5-
6-

Bullets-

Armor:

Weapons:knife
+1 gear bonus to fight,2 damage, arms length

Relationships:
pc-1
Pc-2
Pc-3

I hate:the seer johaan-31, his ‘visions’ are utter nonsense!

I must protect:my mate soft foot,also known as Ethel-12 she is smart like me and a good hunter.

My big dream:to learn old world medicine, to help those who missing limbs, injured minds...and so much more!

Rot Points:(Bolden current number)

Exp:(Bolden current number)

People I’ve met: (List Name-Role-Notes)

My den:a large tent set up in the tribe home, with a red cross inside a white circle painted atop for everyone to see

Description:a medical tent with two well kept sleeping spots, one for white spot, the other for any paitents

Gear stashed:
1 grub 1 water
Tiny items:

Notes:

Rotochron

Sticking my nose in for interest since I'm still dithering about the thread making up a character.

Now a repository for a preliminary sheet.

Mercury 7

NAME: Mercury 7 [Lab / Resistance]
SPECIES: Reptile (Crocodile) - Wits
ROLE: Scavenger

Appearance:

Face: Inquisitive gaze, scrap necklace.
Body: Short, thick.
Clothing: Ragged quilted jacket, frayed khakis, army cap.

Fetishes: Dub-con, size difference, tough/strong partners, oral (giving/receiving), hermaphroditic partners, casual sex

Offs: Filth (bathroom related or otherwise), mind control, mutilation/excessive gore (fun to play, not sexy though), incest (can take it or leave it, usually the latter), pregnancy (don't mind it, but personally don't find it sexually appealing), non-con

Background: Mercury 7 was slated to be a Warrior when he was young; built like a tank and able to dish out punishment as he took it, the crocodile was a favourite to follow the usual warpath. The plots and schemes of the Reptile Tribe didn't phase him much during his formative years though and Merc was known to range far from the Terrarium. Typically consumed by curiosity and wanderlust, he began collecting tchotchkes and trinkets that caught his eye. Soon he was scrounging old places best left alone and coming back with all manner of interesting things. He missed his shot at being a warrior but wasn't bothered over much, instead focusing on what seemed most important to him.

Mercury 7 is a confident wanderer in the valley, ranging far and wide in search of the next Big Thing. He always comes back to his den and distributes some things to the tribe, but Merc always keeps the best to trade on, or to supply his favourites. Where many animals worry about their place in the tribe, Merc only really wants recognition for his talents and to be left to his fiddling with his trinkets. Terminally curious and rather egotistical, Merc can be swayed easily by someone playing to his intrigue or stroking his sense of self-worth. Even the Resistance wouldn't have a hard time getting him on board with a few sweet nothings.

STR: 4
AGI: 3
WIT: 5
INS: 3

SKILLS:
(S)Endure: 0
(S)Force: 0
(S)Fight: 1
(A)Sneak: 1
(A)Move: 1
(A)Shoot 0
(W)Scout: 1
(W)Comprehend: 1
(W)Know the Zone: 1
(W)Scavenge: 1
(I)Sense Emotion:
(I)Dominate: 1
(I)Heal: 0

TALENTS:
Hideout

ANIMAL POWERS:
Hunter's Instincts
Amphibious

GEAR:
Scrap Shiv: +1 GB, 2 Dmg, Arm's Length, Light Weapon
2: Grub Ration 4ea / Water Ration 2ea
3: Teddy Bear "Pookie 3" / --------   
4:
My Hoard (in an old army rucksack)
6: --------
7: --------
8: --------
9: STR CAP
0: STR CAP

TINY ITEMS:

WORN ITEMS:
Ragged Quilted Jacket
Frayed Khakis
Army Cap
Old Army Rucksack

FERAL POINTS: 2
ROT POINTS: 0/0 [Total/Permanent Specifically]
EXPERIENCE: 0

CONDITIONS:
CRITICAL INJURIES:

[PC NAME 1]: NAME wants my stuff, hold onto it.
PC NAME 2]: NAME thinks they can tell me what to do. As if!
[PC NAME 3] - BUDDY: NAME is my idol. Always offer the good stuff.
I HATE: Beneke 33 the Warrior, who mocks me but still wants my stuff. (Reptile)
I NEED TO PROTECT: Cash 18 the Warrior, who is nice and gets me out of trouble. (Reptile)

MY BIG DREAM: To pack up ally stuff and leave for better scraptures.

DEN: Small lean-to shared by other reptiles in the Terrarium.
DEN STOCKPILE:.

GRUB: 4
WATER: 2

Notes
Mrgrgr!!

We may not be able to control the wind, but we can always adjust our sails.

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!

I STARSCREAM AM THE NEW LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!

schnookums

Just publicly putting my interest up, will be followed soon by a sheet and everything

William Blake

Exceeeellent. Welcome aboard, all. :)

Nice to make your acquaintance, Rotochron. The rest of you, good to see you around. I suspect Peanuts of arrival over the weekend, perhaps, as well, and I have been attempting to coax abandondeddolly into trying the system out, so that should give us a nice little group.

I'll have you know now - based on some of the characterization I've seen so far, I am strongly considering opening the game in Rat Castle, with an unaffiliated Parris 25, er.... finding reasons to become affiliated with the Resistance. The game does suggesting finding a Tribe that contains a number of players and setting an opening scene there, set during the Wild Dance festival to mark the arrival of Spring, and going from there.

The rest of you not at the Rat Castle will very much be along shortly. I also might be able to find something else for you all to do, given the speed of play-by-posts differing from the speed of tabletop. That said, unless anyone disagrees vehemently, it might be best to assume your character is already a fairly dedicated and valued member of the Resistance's fighting forces (their fighting forces are much thinner than the number of animals who provide tangential support or sympathy might imply).

Anyone in the Rat Tribe - which would be anyone playing a mouse, rat, field mouse, squirrel, hamster, etc. - can safely find reason to be inducted into the Resistance as the game starts, and need not bother including overt affiliation with them in their backstory. Additionally, any Cats in the group - your domestic short/long hairs, your lynxs, your cougars (*winkwink*) - can also choose to begin the game at Rat Castle. See, there are some Cats kept in cages - the rulebook suggests 20 Warriors, but it can be a varied number of any Role that's run afoul of the Rats, either through active warfare or accidental contact - and events might transpire such that you get sucked into things with the Rats. In fact, any demonstrated willingness to work together between Rat PCs and Cat PCs in the prologue-of-sorts is a mark in those characters' favors in terms of justifying their presence in the Resistance Inner Circle, so... consider it, potential Cat people?

Peanuts

I am here! Will still need some time to stat up my character but I've read through things.

For the initiative issue, the first-come approach seems good, a strict posting order can slow things down pretty badly in my PbP experience. A thread for Main Plot and another for Downtime (would this include mature scenes or would they still need to go elsewhere?) sounds good to me. I think some tagging and headers would be a good idea yes. I am unlikely to read every post in the downtime admittedly :p but I can skim em at least...

Will address the questions about my character once I actually start working on it.

Hmm I think Cammy will be a relatively new recruit to the resistance... she sees the Ape tribe as either... pawns of the watchers or at best just passively accepting their rule, and since she hates some of the Ape leadership it's lead her to be a bit more sympathetic to the resistance.

EDIT: Got most of the mechanics done for my character, just need to write up her background and whatnot :) Here's what I've got so far.
"Cammy" Camplin 88
NAME: Camplin 88
SPECIES: Otter (Ape Tribe, formerly Badgers)
ROLE: Hunter

Appearance: Mostly as pictured.I imagine Otters probably wear like... cloth wraps, that kind of thing? Kind of like Katara's bathing suit in that one ATLA episode. During colder months they likely add additional layers of scavenged materials or whatever. For reference I'm saying Cammy is about 3' 9" and around 50lbs or so.
Fetishes: Being on top, Dub-Con (either way), Extended sessions, Muscles, "Large" Partners, Multiple Partners
Offs: Bathroom stuff, Body-horror, Vore, Gore

Background:

STR: 4/4
AGI: 5/5
WIT: 3/3
INS: 3/3

SKILLS:
[Fight (Str)] -- 1
[Scout (Wits)] -- 1
[Know Nature (Wits)] -- 2
[Dominate (Ins)] -- 1
[Hunt (Agi)] -- 3

TALENTS:
[Bowyer] - Make Ranged Weapons/Ammo with Hunt

ANIMAL POWERS:
[Amphibian] - Hold Breath or Auto Successes on Fight/Sneak Underwater
[Small] - Negate Enemies Successes

GEAR:
1: [Spear] - +1, 2DMG, Near
2: [Bow] - +1, 1DMG, Long
3: [2 Grub Rations] / [2 Water Rations]
4: [2 Water Rations] / [Empty]
5: [Rope]
6: [Blanket]

TINY ITEMS:
[4 Arrows]

WORN ITEMS:
[None]

ROT POINTS: 0/0 [Total/Permanent Specifically]

CONDITIONS:
CRITICAL INJURIES:

[PC NAME 1]:
PC NAME 2]:
[PC NAME 3] - BUDDY:
I HATE: The Alpha Council member Fermi 40 who is an overbearing JERK!
I NEED TO PROTECT: My younger brother Grishin 91 who is a moron.

MY BIG DREAM: To leave the habitat of the tribe for good and roam freely through the wilderness.

DEN:

GRUB: 0
WATER: 1

Notes
Things to note or consider.
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Haven't got an On/Offs thread, so check my RP preferences instead.

William Blake

Excellent!

I recall talking to you elsewhere about the nature of her and her brother joining the Resistance - filling in for injured/captured members of the Badger Tribe Cell due to her brother's tangential connection with them - and Cammy's ascension, or sorts, to the Inner Circle, so you're squared away and ready to go, pretty much.

We do need to wait on Schnookums, and I have another player that I'm attempting to recruit for GA. ;)

Rotochron, what are you thinking for Mercury 7? Is he a member of the Reptile Tribe Cell that gets pulled into Inner Circle stuff because of his talents? What do we know about him, beyond that he's a croc who loves his hoard of bullshit and is low on the traditional reptile hierarchy?

Also, there's an error in the GA PDF - for some of the Animal Powers, such as Amphibian and Small (actually, those might be it), the Biohazard "1" symbol is showing instead of the Radiation "6" symbol.

schnookums

Tossing out our seer, who despite the picture is not actually a nudist (which wouldn't be weird though, I mean our ancestors didn't wear clothing, right?) I just need to finish up nitty gritty bits like background and stuff.

Savitskaya-17

NAME: Savitskaya-17
SPECIES: Fox (Dog Tribe)
ROLE: Seer

Appearance: Despite the nudist picture provided, she tends to wear a lot of concealing clothing, including a hood (which helps protect her eyes) Imagine someone trying to cobble a mystical outfit out of modern garments. A close look will reveal the telltale pink eyes and white fur of an albino

Fetishes: Anal, Oral, Non-con/Dub-Con, Incest, Pregnancy, Bestiality (meaning "normal" animals), an overall interest in freaky/disturbing stuff

Offs: Bathroom stuff, mind control, mutilation/excessive gore,too much vanilla (I like it just fine but I'd like some of the spicy stuff too!)

Background:

STR: 3/3
AGI: 3/3
WIT: 4/4
INS: 5/5

SKILLS:
Move: 1
Sneak: 1
Comprehend: 1
Know the Zone: 1
Sense Emotion: 1
Dominate: 1
Scry: 2

TALENTS:
Sudden Visions

ANIMAL POWERS:
Furry
Tail

GEAR:
1: Seer Staff
2: Water (4 Units)
3: Grub (4 units)
4:
5:
9:
0:

TINY ITEMS:
[Name]

WORN ITEMS:

ROT POINTS: #/# [Total/Permanent Specifically]

CONDITIONS:
CRITICAL INJURIES:

[PC NAME 1]:
PC NAME 2]:
[PC NAME 3] - BUDDY:
I HATE:The Tribal leader, because big idiot dumbface will get us all killed. And yes, his face is very dumb.
I NEED TO PROTECT: The Hunter, who lead me back to safety after I wandered off aimlessly more than once.

MY BIG DREAM: My first vision, the one I've never told anyone about, is that I'll find freedom away from the habitat. I mean to make that vision a true one.

DEN:

WATER: 4

Peanuts

Hooray! Does this mean we're ready to start? I'm ready to start :D
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Rotochron

Quote from: William Blake on May 28, 2018, 03:16:14 AM
Excellent!

I recall talking to you elsewhere about the nature of her and her brother joining the Resistance - filling in for injured/captured members of the Badger Tribe Cell due to her brother's tangential connection with them - and Cammy's ascension, or sorts, to the Inner Circle, so you're squared away and ready to go, pretty much.

We do need to wait on Schnookums, and I have another player that I'm attempting to recruit for GA. ;)

Rotochron, what are you thinking for Mercury 7? Is he a member of the Reptile Tribe Cell that gets pulled into Inner Circle stuff because of his talents? What do we know about him, beyond that he's a croc who loves his hoard of bullshit and is low on the traditional reptile hierarchy?

Also, there's an error in the GA PDF - for some of the Animal Powers, such as Amphibian and Small (actually, those might be it), the Biohazard "1" symbol is showing instead of the Radiation "6" symbol.

I'm thinking he's tapped for his ability to come up with what's needed, even if it's an unorthodox sort of thing. Mercury 7 is the sort of reliable person who sort of gets on others' nerves with his laid back approach to life sometimes. He'd be the one to say "why sweat the small stuff" in the same conversation as "it's all small stuff".

His low rank is probably the only thing that gets to him, as his talents are really useful at times but are often disregarded in favour of whatever stabs the deepest. That'd be the angle the Resistance had to really hook him in, stroking his ego a little and letting him know how useful he'd be.

Been busy but I'm gonna finish my sheet up soon :)
Mrgrgr!!

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!

William Blake

Quote from: schnookums on May 30, 2018, 08:46:47 PM
Tossing out our seer, who despite the picture is not actually a nudist (which wouldn't be weird though, I mean our ancestors didn't wear clothing, right?) I just need to finish up nitty gritty bits like background and stuff.

Savitskaya-17

NAME: Savitskaya-17
SPECIES: Fox (Dog Tribe)
ROLE: Seer

Appearance: Despite the nudist picture provided, she tends to wear a lot of concealing clothing, including a hood (which helps protect her eyes) Imagine someone trying to cobble a mystical outfit out of modern garments. A close look will reveal the telltale pink eyes and white fur of an albino

Fetishes: Anal, Oral, Non-con/Dub-Con, Incest, Pregnancy, Bestiality (meaning "normal" animals), an overall interest in freaky/disturbing stuff

Offs: Bathroom stuff, mind control, mutilation/excessive gore,too much vanilla (I like it just fine but I'd like some of the spicy stuff too!)

Background:

STR: 3/3
AGI: 3/3
WIT: 4/4
INS: 5/5

SKILLS:
Move: 1
Sneak: 1
Comprehend: 1
Know the Zone: 1
Sense Emotion: 1
Dominate: 1
Scry: 2

TALENTS:
Sudden Visions

ANIMAL POWERS:
Furry
Tail

GEAR:
1: Seer Staff
2: Water (4 Units)
3: Grub (4 units)
4:
5:
9:
0:

TINY ITEMS:
[Name]

WORN ITEMS:

CONDITIONS:
CRITICAL INJURIES:

[PC NAME 1]:
PC NAME 2]:
[PC NAME 3] - BUDDY:
I HATE:The Tribal leader, because big idiot dumbface will get us all killed. And yes, his face is very dumb.
I NEED TO PROTECT: The Hunter, who lead me back to safety after I wandered off aimlessly more than once.

MY BIG DREAM: My first vision, the one I've never told anyone about, is that I'll find freedom away from the habitat. I mean to make that vision a true one.

DEN:

WATER: 4

Love her. By the way, your Tribe leader's name is Laika 09. Her face may very well be dumb. It's a black cocker spaniel face.

Your Tribe is organized broadly into dogs, wolves, and foxes. Dogs have the most power. Wolves next. Foxes last. Packs are kind of centered on breed.

Quote from: Rotochron on May 31, 2018, 06:44:44 AM
I'm thinking he's tapped for his ability to come up with what's needed, even if it's an unorthodox sort of thing. Mercury 7 is the sort of reliable person who sort of gets on others' nerves with his laid back approach to life sometimes. He'd be the one to say "why sweat the small stuff" in the same conversation as "it's all small stuff".

His low rank is probably the only thing that gets to him, as his talents are really useful at times but are often disregarded in favour of whatever stabs the deepest. That'd be the angle the Resistance had to really hook him in, stroking his ego a little and letting him know how useful he'd be.

Been busy but I'm gonna finish my sheet up soon :)

Nice to hear from you!

Could he have perhaps been recruited as part of the Reptile Tribe Cell that you all start the game with, and bumped up to Inner Circle status as he always seems to have exactly what's needed and his abilities seem far beyond what is required of that Cell?

I guess we'll give you reasons to really be invested in the Resistance beyond "they value you" as the game goes on! ;) Not that that's a bad reason. It's actually a very good reason...

Quote from: Peanuts on May 31, 2018, 02:18:40 AM
Hooray! Does this mean we're ready to start? I'm ready to start :D

Almost. I'm roping in one last recruit: abandoneddolly. I believe she's going to be playing a Cat Tribe Warrior, and hopefully one that's captured by the Rat Tribe. That could get interesting...

News below HR:

I am almost done with the proposed expansion to Genlab Alpha's strategic turn system. In short, I just have lists of advancements to come up with; the actual rules are written, though I'm hoping people on the Mutant G+ community will give me some feedback on those.

Here are some more things you all likely know:

Laika 09 is the leader of the Dog Tribe. While you might be familiar with important figures from all the Tribes, everyone knows of Laika. See, the Lodge - the outpost of the Dogs - is a massive market, and it's frequented by many Tribes, so you've either been there or know someone who has, most likely. This is because the Dogs, as loyal followers of the Watchers, get nice shit, and their home is thus a big center for the barter economy of the Valley.

The Cat Tribe and the Rat Tribe are in war, but it's the early stages. There have been some fatalities, but not many. Skirmishes are not uncommon, however. Rats and Cats tend to hate one another. Those from either Tribe will know that the Rats are trying to ransom off the Cats imprisoned in their courtyard for full surrender and a few other terms.

The Rabbit Tribe is actually in open war with the Watchers. It's messy. There are some rumors as to why, but they're far enough away that, mostly, the other Tribes just leave them to their devices. You'd also know that Rabbits tend to hate meat-eaters, which is all of the rest of you, categorically, (even if you have the herbivore Power personally), except the Apes.

There are a number of mostly-peaceful (but mutated) beasts that roam the Valley, and apparently these are actually mostly used as food. Why they aren't included in the list of monsters you know is beyond me, but I have a little list of things that won't try to kill you directly on sight. Actual animals are unheard of, except fish, and even of those, most of them are mutated species that didn't exist before the apocalypse.

I'm telling you this because some of it is actually contained in the GM section, despite being common knowledge.

Peanuts

Rotochron

I don't see why he couldn't be! He's easily persuaded when it comes to his sense of self worth. Also, delicious mutant fish. Omnomnom
Mrgrgr!!

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!

abandoneddolly

I'm here. umm Here's what I got so far.

cat

NAME: Cornelia-21
SPECIES:Cat
ROLE: warrior

Appearance: Clothing: camouflage jacket, pants like in the picture, hockey mask.  Body: Lithe build around 5'6 in height.
Fetishes:dub/non con, bondage, anal, oral, multiple partners
Offs: excessive gore

Background:

STR: 5/5
AGI: 4/4
WIT: 3/3
INS: 3/3

SKILLS:
Endure:1
Fight: 3
Sneak:2
Move:1
Measure enemy: 1

TALENTS:
Weapon Master Machete

ANIMAL POWERS:
Nocturnal
Climber

GEAR:
1: machete
2: machete
3: 3 water
4: 4 grub
5:
9: STR CAP
0: STR CAP

TINY ITEMS:
[Name]

WORN ITEMS:

CONDITIONS:
CRITICAL INJURIES:

[PC NAME 1]:
PC NAME 2]:
[PC NAME 3] - BUDDY:
I HATE: The warrior that beat me in combat
I NEED TO PROTECT: my warrior friend that always fights by my side

MY BIG DREAM: to find ancient weapons of humankind and learn how to use them.

DEN:

GRUB: # 4
WATER: # 3

Notes
Things to note or consider.

Peanuts

Rotochron

Welcome!

Pretty sure Merc is done except for the three PC buddy roles near the end of the sheet and his artifact. I think it'd go better if the DM picked one for him.
Mrgrgr!!

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!

Peanuts

William Blake

Quote from: Rotochron on June 05, 2018, 01:02:57 PM
Welcome!

Pretty sure Merc is done except for the three PC buddy roles near the end of the sheet and his artifact. I think it'd go better if the DM picked one for him.

Quote from: Peanuts on June 05, 2018, 05:56:02 PM
Just roll 3d6 and tell Will what ya got :)

It's actually a d66 in Genlab. Less overall artifacts.

Peanuts

Rotochron

Fiiiiiiiiiine hold on. ;)

Chart says Teddy Bear. :O
Mrgrgr!!

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!

Peanuts

You're not meant to look at the chart!

*wonders why a teddy bear is an artifact*
Huggably Soft?

William Blake

Quote from: Rotochron on June 06, 2018, 08:25:30 PM
Fiiiiiiiiiine hold on. ;)

Chart says Teddy Bear. :O

Quote from: Peanuts on June 06, 2018, 09:29:59 PM

Huggably Soft?

Indeed. The Artifact list is in the GM section for a reason, even if it's easier to reference it yourself. See, until you Comprehend or figure out what the fuck you have, it's much more fun for all of us if I describe it like some arcane object. Also, there are things in there that you technically aren't meant to see, though the things there are less problematic than in Year Zero...

In this case, a teddy bear? Normally- as mutant animals have no access to DEV levels (which refer to the general aggregate society of a specific settlement) - you'd have to roll to Comprehend. I will assume you've had this a while now and figured it out:

It is, as described on the tin, a (ratty, worn, partially damaged) teddy bear. It can replace the need to recover Instinct through animal behavior (in the case of Mercury, instead of taking a long bath). Only one person can use it as a time - no group snuggles with the teddy allowed. If you should find any, it can also be used by humans and their ilk to recover Empathy.

If others see you snuggling the teddy bear, they will likely be confused, unless they Comprehend what you're doing or you take the time to teach them the ways of the teddy.

This just in. The Badger behavior might not be appropriate for Otters. As is, Badgers recover instinct by "protecting the tribe or your current flock". Thoughts, Otter-persons?

Peanuts

Oh, I forgot about instinct recovery stuff. You could always just give me the teddy? *puppy-otter eyes*

Uhh, hmm I'd have to look at Otter behavior a bit more but they're pretty social right? Time spent playing with friends? I guess that's kinda what the humans do er... having a nice full belly, but then that's doubling up on grub. *shrug* will have to do some research.

As far as I'm concerned though, group snuggles with the teddy are totally encouraged, even if only one person gets the benefit. Snuggles for all!

William Blake

It's semi-official, folks!

And by that, I mean we have a Character Sheet thread and an OOC thread!

As of right exactly now, the full rules for Strategic Turns and such are not included. Nor is the planned expansion. They will be - until then, please don't go looking for them in the GM section. They're there for a reason. The version I'm putting up for you is pruned for players. The expansion is basically written, it just needs formatting and organization. It allows Cells to increase in ability and makes them harder to just kill entirely, but is still hopefully balanced enough.

Unlike Year Zero, there are no burning questions in the OOC Thread. I'll probably be able to start the official IC threads... tomorrow? Or, rather, later today - it's 6 AM for me. It'll open with Lynx and dolly in the scene, and the other two of you will either have to wait, or we can write something rather passive to kill time. Shouldn't be long before you're all together, though!

Rotochron

Quote from: Peanuts on June 06, 2018, 09:29:59 PM

Huggably Soft?

Oh haaah. Sorry, I own the book :D I'll refrain from that in the future.
Mrgrgr!!

My OnOs~! Ideas Thread!