Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 18, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

Spina Bifida. specifically Meningocele.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ghostwheel

BTW, Chloe Milev and steelsmiter, you guys realize that you both have the same "real life" picture, right? :-P

steelsmiter

I didn't see a real life picture in my post... unless that's what you're referring to.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ghostwheel

See in your post where it points to http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25400000/How-hot-is-he-kyoya-ootori-25454050-412-550.jpg ?

Replace that with the picture you want for your character "in real life"--you can see an example of it on my character post, the girl with the headphones.

Zaer Darkwail

Just advance note I start the game tomorrow, but no panic for those who are still working char sheets as the things are meant to start first with pure RP (so you can post IC even if sheet is not done yet). But then after weekend things go full roll in monday.

steelsmiter

I'll have to make a huge post Monday then if I'm still in. I have medical leave starting this evening.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Pretty in Pink

*zooms in at Ghostwheel's recommendation, sees who's running, and squeals, tackling Zaer with a huge hug*  I'm in.  Gotta decide what I'm going to make!  And I may go for Betatester.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Zaer Darkwail

*snatches Pretty in Pink during her tackle*

Nice see ya and nice you decide join us :). You got weekend finish charsheet but so long you got quickly concept and profile done in friday you can join the RP which occurs before things actually start in monday.

Pretty in Pink

CONCEPT:  Aliya has been playing D&D, White Wolf, and Palladiums games since she was fifteen, just over a decade.  So when she heard about a full immersive D&D Online, she immediately signed up, even going so far as to submit herself as a Beta Tester for the new game.  Used to playing background characters and healers, Aliya decided, this time, to play something more front-lines, more smashy.

I'll have the basic profile out soon enough.  I'll probably PM the history to you, Zaer, before I start actually writing up the character, to make sure that I qualify for the Beta Tester bonuses.

Chloe Milev

Quote from: Ghostwheel on August 01, 2013, 10:52:51 AM
BTW, Chloe Milev and steelsmiter, you guys realize that you both have the same "real life" picture, right? :-P

Oh, heh, what are the odds?  I guess Kyoya is a pretty cool guy.  I can look for a new picture I guess.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Tigara

Name:Sara Reed
Nationality: USA
City/Province: Akron Ohio
Social Status: Just Finished College and is hunting down a job.
Personality
She is very withdrawn. She appears happy and joyful on the ouotside but keeps everyone at an arms length. She is always on to follow the rules and hates to disapoint people
Background
She grew up in church in a good family. Was never really exposed to anything rough like gun, drugs, or sex growing up. Her rutine got her through college as she seemed to be the only one not drinking something, or sleeping around, instead she found solitude in online MMO games. She found it very relaxing. She felt like should could finally be herself online in these kind of games. .Now that she is out of college she is ready to take on the world... or at least Akron.

DnD Online Avatar
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=622917]Tigara[/url]

Race: Tiefling
Body:horns on her head, fanged teeth, black eyes and black hair, her skin has a soft red huge to it. Her claws are black as small wings and a tail apear behind her. Her feet are also that of hooves.
Class(es): Wizard/Ranger
I love random PMs.

Ghostwheel

So... currently we have a sorc, crusader, barbarian and wizard (headed for Arcane Archer from the sounds of it?)... That sound about right?

Pretty in Pink

And a Cleric (Changing concept around slightly), though I'll go Summoner if Zaer okays BT Status for Aliya.

Tigara

I love random PMs.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on August 02, 2013, 02:11:33 AM
And a Cleric (Changing concept around slightly), though I'll go Summoner if Zaer okays BT Status for Aliya.

Just need send me background of her so can give thumbs up or down :). As note only sorcs do not prepare spells, rest characters do prepare them. Also considering that cleric can become summoner, they have access to cleric's cure and status curing spells (so the spell which cured Eidolon HP is removed as summoner get anyways own cure spells). Only difference is that summoner cannot spontaneously cast cure spells and so need prepare them.

Anon315

Name: Christian Breen
Nationality: Canada
City/Province: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Social Status: Single, Childless Wage Slave
Personality
Christian is neurotic. If he watched the show "The Big Bang Theory", he might feel a kinship rather than the estrangement he generally feels. This is not to say he's Sheldon, Leonard, or any of the other characters, he's more like an amalgamation of Sheldon, Mr. Monk (from the show of the same name), and that kid you know who got sick every other week in school. He's most certainly obsessive-compulsive, entirely a hypochondriac, and borderline autistic. He does not understand social conventions and mores, nor does he wish to. He communicates with others only as much as his needs require, and in fact actively avoids situations which require words beyond "Number 7 meal, large, diet coke", or "Paper."

Online is another matter. Sort of. He has no qualms about typing to other people to cooperate towards a common goal, and finds interaction there at least easier. He doesn't go out of his way to group, but based on his character's skillset and his own affinity for it, he is in fair demand. He likes being the one sneaking about behind the scenes, stabbing from behind, staying in the periphery while others hold the spotlight. It suits him. As a man without a social compass, he finds the ambiguity of the role pleasing.

Background
Christian has always been an odd duck. Raised by parents who were too busy to generally care about his idiosyncrasies beyond making sure to cut his bread square, there wasn't all that much at home to spark his interest. Not particularly intelligent, and certainly not enough to make up for his difficulties with people, he was relegated to network administration as an adult. It suits him, he only has to correspond with people in the ether, in cyberspace, and not face to face except under the direst of circumstances. Again, he likes it this way. The server room and his office are cleaned solely by him and they remain spotless. His boss telephones rather than having face to face meetings, because Christian asked very nicely and prefers it, and the boss doesn't want to deal with him anyway. Let the "freak" stay in his office. Were his superiors not concerned about a lawsuit, Christian seeming like the type to do so, they would have fired him already, but the work was above average and downtime was generally unheard of. Aside from the anal-retentive demand for password strength and updates on the system, he was a model employee.

At current he lives alone in an apartment barely large enough to walk around in, with no pets except a Roomba. He has no girlfriend, though he thinks he's heterosexual. He finds the entire concept of closeness and intimacy foreign, and only went to prom and other social events because he was required to by his parents. His only social obligations at current are online, he debates comic books on forums and talks about game mechanics and their shortcomings.

DnD Online Avatar
Jonas Greve
Race:
Body: Digital, human male slightly older in age, with dark hair to contrast with his own.
Class: Rogue (Poisoner) 1

Pretty in Pink

I believe the Eidolon states specifically that it gets no benefit from regular Cure spells.  Let me check.

*clicking and clattering, and a little swearing about slow internet*

Huh.  I don't see it now.  Maybe I was thinking of something else?  Aight.  Sounds good then.

Zaer Darkwail

Perhaps some other summoner class feature or some archtype? Anyways considering the eidolon specific spells had short range (allowing heal from range instead go melee and touch eidolon), I allow summoner cast cure spells on himself and transfer the cure from himself to eidolon via life link (it has short range though despite cure spell level).

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 02, 2013, 07:59:04 AM
Just need send me background of her so can give thumbs up or down :). As note only sorcs do not prepare spells, rest characters do prepare them. Also considering that cleric can become summoner, they have access to cleric's cure and status curing spells (so the spell which cured Eidolon HP is removed as summoner get anyways own cure spells). Only difference is that summoner cannot spontaneously cast cure spells and so need prepare them.

Reread this, and now I'm confused; what changes are being made to the summoner? Do summoners suddenly need to start preparing their spells despite having a "spells known" table just like the sorcerer (both being spontaneous casters)? Why do summoners have access to the cleric's Cure line of spells? Are they losing their Rejuvenate Eidolon line of spells?

Zaer Darkwail

Read the first page; all casters use spell point system as introduced in Unearthed Arcana. Normally in that system all casters prepare their spells (choose what spells they 'know' in given day and spend spell points cast them). However I made exception for sorcerers; they only know their spells (cannot prepare). But they get double amount of spell points to compensate this lack of flexibility.

Now, as you can be sorcerer or cleric and enter summoner advanced class, I clarified that summoners do not know spells like sorcerers do (they gain SP as if they would be wizards). To show that cleric who became summoner does not loose their role as 'healer' in party, so summoner class gets all cure spells and also spells which cure conditions and ailments (like restoration example). But they do loose Rejuvenate Eidolon line of spells.

But thanks linking the spell I realized they are touch spells :P. So summoner needs learn Reach metamagic feat or get rod to able shoot healing rays for eidolon and other people.

Ghostwheel

I think Pretty in Pink was meaning to go beta tester and be a Summoner straight out the bat; in that case, would they basically be spontaneous casters?

Pretty in Pink

What Zaer is saying is that, for those who AREN'T beta testers, that go cleric to start, in order to let them keep the 'healer' role, giving the Summoners the Cure spells at the same levels as the Cleric gets them.

Ghostwheel

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see, gotcha :-)

But for straight summoners (eg who were beta testers), they don't get those, right? Just making sure I understand all the details... after all, the devil often dwells in em ;-)

In other news, I do believe my character sheet is completely finished :-D

Zaer Darkwail

Summoner is advanced class where two classes can enter; sorcerer or cleric. You need normally be 10th level to able perform job change to advanced class.

However, betatesters can choose start in advanced class. And to clarify; every summoner gets the cure spells. Even if they start in 1st level. As they need cure spells for eidolons but they can cast cure spells on others. So they can serve as healers like clerics do (so there is no pressure for 10th level clerics to 'stay cleric' if they want to heal others).