Looking for something more "normal"

Started by Hunter, January 02, 2007, 05:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

I'm looking for a game on the light and normal side.  I'm not into the heavy and exotic perse so I'd like a game that more suits my tastes.

Sample ideas:
1) Anime themed (I've got several animes that I like to rp in, just ask if you're interested).

2) Feudal Oriental (China or Japan) = a feudal lord with samurai (male and female) and assorted underlings.  I'd like to play a samurai with a submissive and extremely horny wife.

3) Library = a couple of strangers snowed into a library after hours who have to find ways to keep warm and entertain themselves.

Hunter

Edited and looking for players/ideas/volunteers.

PhoenixBlaze

I like number two myself that is if you don't mind playing with a guy.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Hunter

Actually, number two has a strong potential to be a group game.

Mindhazingsquid

HairyHeretic

If you want a game system for an orietnal setting, I'd heartily recommend the 3rd ed Legend of the Five Rings one. I'm running a campaign on that, and its a very good system. A lot of fun too.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Mindhazingsquid

I made an awesome character for the original L5R system.  I've never seen the D20 version.

HairyHeretic

3rd ed went back to d10, thankfully. It took the few good elements from 2nd ed, added them to the best from 1st. I've played all 3, and 3rd ed is, IMO, far and away the best.

I'm running the 1st ed City of Lies camapaign, originally with 1st ed rules, then we migrated to 3rd ed when that came out.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

Any chance of seeing a mid level (edit: 6-7) d20 star wars or d20 modern game?

Hunter

Hello?  *listens to his echo*  Anyone interested in playing in said games?

Mindhazingsquid

HairyHeretic

I could be interested in Star Wars, depending on the setting, and whether or not we end up with half the jedi in the known galaxies running around with us  ;D

My last campaign, half the party were jedi or force users of some kind (playing around the Empire Strikes Back era), which was a bit much IMO.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

If I was running Star Wars, it'd probably (more than likely) be in the KOTOR (old republic) time period as I found a supplement for it.

HairyHeretic

Hmm. I've absolutely no familiarity with that time period, so might be better to sit that one out.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

Quote from: hairyheretic on January 10, 2007, 07:52:01 AM
Hmm. I've absolutely no familiarity with that time period, so might be better to sit that one out.

Before the movies.   ;D

HairyHeretic

I thought KOTOR was set centuries prior to the films?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

Yes, it's set five centuries before the movies.  The suppliment that I found is only 8.14 megs for the interested.

HairyHeretic

Sith Wars and Mandalorean Mercs (Knights? whatever they were called) still running around? I remember some Dark Horse comics which I *think* fall into that era.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

Quote from: hairyheretic on January 10, 2007, 05:50:07 PM
Sith Wars and Mandalorean Mercs (Knights? whatever they were called) still running around? I remember some Dark Horse comics which I *think* fall into that era.

You're on the mark.   ;D

HairyHeretic

Hmm. Guess I did know something about it after all  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

And there you go.   Anyone else interested?  I'll run with three players or more.

edit: Please advise as to whether you'd prefer Sith or Republic and what type of campaign interests you (mercenary, merchant trader, etc).

Hunter

*talks to the wall because no one else seems to like his ideas*

Mindhazingsquid

Well, Sith would be cool, especially a machiavellian one.  I mean it's fun running around killing the helpless but it's so much more fun manipulating others into doing it for you.

HairyHeretic

Sorry, got distracted by other things there :)

I'm tentatively interested, but I don't have the Star Wars books, and don't really know the time period that well. Now, if those aren't overwhelming drawbacks, then I'm still around.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Hunter

I'm still looking for anime themed games.