Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SAZ

Generally somewhere between Batman and Daredevil in comic continuity. You probably recognize Hobie from his appearance on the classic 90's cartoon Spider-Man. He's also currently the stand in for Peter when he needs people to believe Peter isn't Spider-Man now that he's a public figure.

I'm probably going to play him a bit more... "Ends Justify The Means" to better fit the Wildcards style. Updated equipment with some SHIELD resources and maybe a gun for when gas, electricity, compressed air, and steel darts just don't quite cut it. Or when Flash decides to say "Fuck it" and pulls his gun. Because you really need guns when you have a shape shifting symbiot, don't ya Flashy-boy? :P

persephone325

I was thinking. Would it be OK to have Magik be more like a rogue magic user? Minimal ties to the X-Men and all. Kinda like Gambit, in a way? Not evil, or anything. Maybe thief like.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: 1SAZ on February 07, 2016, 07:12:55 PM
Generally somewhere between Batman and Daredevil in comic continuity. You probably recognize Hobie from his appearance on the classic 90's cartoon Spider-Man.

I actually only remember three things from the old 90's cartoon: Venom, being kinda freaked out by how batshit crazy Carnage was and how ridiculously awesome Mysterio was. XD

Quote from: 1SAZ on February 07, 2016, 07:12:55 PMI'm probably going to play him a bit more... "Ends Justify The Means" to better fit the Wildcards style. Updated equipment with some SHIELD resources and maybe a gun for when gas, electricity, compressed air, and steel darts just don't quite cut it.

Sounds good!

Quote from: 1SAZ on February 07, 2016, 07:12:55 PMOr when Flash decides to say "Fuck it" and pulls his gun. Because you really need guns when you have a shape shifting symbiot, don't ya Flashy-boy? :P

Hey! Guns just offer more versatility; I mean, the Symbiote has a lot of capabilities, but lethal long range combat isn't one of them. Bullets travel faster than the suits webbing can, after all. And need I point to one of the pictures on his profile? Say what you want, but wielding five pistols, two uzi's and a submachine gun at the same time more than justifies carrying them around :P
And besides...who said it was a normal gun? SHIELD funded, remember? :P
On a slightly more serious note, he's a soldier. He just feels more comfortable with a gun, regardless of how effective it might or might not be XD

Quote from: persephone325 on February 07, 2016, 07:14:13 PM
I was thinking. Would it be OK to have Magik be more like a rogue magic user? Minimal ties to the X-Men and all. Kinda like Gambit, in a way? Not evil, or anything. Maybe thief like.

Yeah, go ahead! Alter the bio as you see fit, so long as the character still resembles her canon counterpart enough that it isn't just effectively an OC. :-) So a "lone agent" who used to only look out for herself is A-OK. :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, guys, Update: Aysande has had to pull out of the game, so Rogue is now free and back on the table for anybody who wants to snap her up. Or if you want to grab a different X-Man while there's an X-Spot free or whatever. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kuroneko

Callisto has no problem with guns. Just saying ;)

The sheet is done, just getting all the images in now, which is complicated by my main computer having died (where all the Cal images and Photoshop are located) and working from my Surface. Meh.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Vergil Tanner

Oof, ouch. Been there! You have my empathy. *hugs* I look forward to seeing the bio! :D

Kuroneko

Vergil Tanner

If you want, but I don't mind waiting for the finished thing; I'm going to bed soon anyway XD

Kuroneko

Fair enough. I have all the files and PS at work tomorrow, so I can do it there ;)

Vergil Tanner

Writersblockade

So it's got no character background lol. Honestly, I'm trying to think of a good way to marry the MCU with his comic book origins. I have a few ideas I'm messing with, but I'm leaning heavily towards Sam being in New York during the battle in The Avengers. an unstable discharge of energy from the tesseract accidentally links Sam to Redwing, which was kept a secret due to Sam fully knowing that he and his bird would be used as lab rats. He's military, so he knows the drill, but he's ex-military so fuck that.

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name: Samuel Thomas Wilson
Alias: Previously Falcon. Now...Captain America
Sexuality: Straight
Team Role: New Avengers Heartline

== Physical Description / Clothing ==

The Man

Sam stands at 6'2" and has a commanding presence. He carries a certain confidence in himself, which naturally affects others. It's entirely natural to sense that when he believes, others can't help but to believe with him. When you've spent a significant amount of time with a man who could make you believe that anything was possible, no matter the odds, one was bound to learn a thing or two about themselves. He has the build of a pro football player, and still manages to keep in exceptional shape despite being older than he was when he first met Steve.

Civilian Wear

Whatever the mood or season calls for.

Hero Attire

When news of his stepping in to fill Cap's shoes made it out to the public, a PR team went to work immediately on his new look. Two alternatives were created using previous Captain America incarnations. One, created to bring some flare to the red, white, and blue that Steve was so near and dear to. It was jazzed up...pimped out to make him stand out as a new age example of patriotism. A suit that could stand up to the paparazzi and hold the imagination of a public in the grips of self-inflicted media ADHD.

The other was a mock up of Steve's stealth suit. It was designed to keep his brand recognition as Captain America, without showing so brightly against the darkness. Sleek and dark blue, it employs a grey star to offer contrast, as well as attract the eye to aim center mass towards the thickest part of his personal armor. Stark Industries is behind the materials used in both, but there are only so many things that can be done from a fabric standpoint, especially considering the fact that he has to remain light enough to maneuver aerially.

== Personality ==

"We gonna be all right". If there was a phrase that personified Sam's character, it was that. The things he's gone through could break others. He's had to look death in the face more often than was healthy, with just that one thought to chase away the insanity. His new role has tested his optimistic streak to its brink, and he repeatedly asks himself about exactly how crazy he must have been to sign up for the job. Deep inside he knew. Someone had to do it, and if that was the case, then it had to be someone who had the same optimism about their country that Steve had. Maybe their beliefs were molded by different times and experiences, but the love behind those beliefs always kept them on the same path.

He could only hope that that would be enough.

== Key Skills ==

Combat Experience: Sam has fought the biggest and baddest out there and lived to tell the tail. Sometimes it takes luck, but Sam's luck is knowing the right people to be around when things go south. Time spent with Steve has only made him better. Tactically sound and highly motivated to succeed is what made him good enough to stand tall with the best, and it'll be what helps him support the team when they need it most.

Powers:

Telepathic Link to birds - This allows him to see through the eyes of any bird on the planet. Chances are if you're hiding, and not in some bunker, he can find you. This link is especially strong in his Falcon, Redwing. Partners, Redwing serves as a suitable airborne support for the high flyer. Sam is able to send commands to Red either verbally or telepathically. Though this does extend to other birds, Sam can't help but feel that it's different with Redwing.

Skills:

Martial Artist - Military trained first before Steve took him to finishing school, Sam is a highly proficient fighter.

Shield Master - When you've spent time backing up a guy who uses a shield like it's his real super power, you pick up a few things. Able to engage multiple targets in one throw, Steve made sure to take steps that made sure when the shield fell into his hands, he knew what to do with it.

Aerial Predator - If you're in the sky, you're in his domain. Years spent in the sky has given him a level of comfort with it known to few. He has even adjusted Cap's Shield style for use aerially, and has been known to be extremely accurate even while in motion.

Acrobatics - As if flying wasn't enough, he also knows how to use his body on the ground or against other structures as a means to maneuver. A combination of both styles makes him able to strike someone with his weight and flight speed behind him. Almost like a falcon. Go figure.

Weaknesses:

-Not being heavily armored leaves him vulnerable to large blasts that connect. But only if they connect.

-flight entirely dependent on mechanical wings

-Normal human, from a physical stand-point, so no augmented traits

== Character Background ==

Things hadn't been the same for Sam since his move to New York. War had cost him things. Friends... brothers in arms...part of his sanity. His was the unseen side of loss, and there was very little anyone could do for him, until he inexplicably found an injured falcon on his apartment roof. Why he felt such a strong need to care for the bird, he'd never know. Maybe he spent so much time not caring that the bird's arrival triggered something in him. He absorbed books on  falconry while nursing the bird back to health. When the bird was finally fit to fly, he was certain that his experiment would fail, but to his everlasting amazement, it came back! Then it kept coming back, and every time it did, it seemed to bring back a piece of Sam's soul. He'd stare at it, high in the sky, and remembered the freedom he felt when he had wings. It was bittersweet, but considering he hadn't even been able to even think about it since coming home, there was a feeling of progress there.

Then came the Battle of NY. Stark tower served as a lightning rod, and the surrounding areas, like his, attracted a few stragglers from the invading force. The news reports would argue over the amount of damage caused or prevented by the soon-to-be-called Avengers, but very little coverage was used to tell the story of a man and his falcon organizing and defending a city block from marauders. Raw cosmic energy washed over the area in a wave when the portal was activated, and Sam was in the middle of feeding Redwing when they were hit and knocked unconscious. Awakened by the sounds of panic, Sam ran to find himself knee deep in a Chitauri invasion! From there the stories differ, but most tell the story of a man that fought like hell to protect the people around him, and seemed to have a pet falcon that was incredibly loyal.  What the papers wouldn't know is that their story would get the attention of SHIELD, and that Steve Rogers himself would come calling.

Sam still remembered the first thing Steve did when he met him. Just a guy on the street in plainclothes and Sam just sitting on a stoop while Redwing hunted for dinner. He apologized. He explained who he was, and how the bulk of the invasion was supposed to be diverted while stragglers like the ones Sam ran into were rounded up. Sam remembered him taking it pretty hard...like the guy didn't just save the world or something. He was honestly feeling more sorry for him than he was for the people in his neighborhood who needed to clean up the mess "those aliens" made. For the first time, he saw what made Steve who he was. They talked for hours. Redwing fed on some unlucky creature while they talked about nothing...everything. It all felt like it was building to something, but Sam couldn't tell what. They were halfway into their beers when Steve finally dropped the bomb. SHIELD. The guy was willing to get him in on a training class. "Not a free lunch" was the way he put it, but when a man like Steve tells you that you've got something, you go with it.

Steve Rogers: Fugitive

No free lunch was right. He'd done some pretty hazardous things when he served, but the amount of mental and physical punishment inflicted on them was the stuff of legend. There was a hopeful who served on the teams before SHIELD and he could hardly understand it. He likened it to exercising different muscles in places where he already had muscles. Alien, yet familiar, and it all hurt. He hadn't seen Steve again until he was officially an agent. He knew why, so he never asked, and Steve didn't feel the need to explain. He did know that he pulled strings to keep Redwing close, which is what Sam did want to talk about. The conversation reminded him of that night again. The night a man convinced him to finish mending the chain that tied him to his sense of duty. Steve laid it out just as plain as day. Interviews of the survivors in his neighborhood had very interesting things to say that the newspapers didn't put in. That Redwing seemed to act on command... to just know where he was needed. "So I have to ask, Sam...what's the connection?"

On one hand, Sam didn't want to lie to the man that helped give him a new lease on life, on the other he hated the idea of them being someone's test subject. Loyalty won out, and he sung like a canary. His life, and the life of his friend were in Steve's hands, and a thoughtful Rogers couldn't help but wonder out loud "does it work on other birds?"

It was a question that opened a whole new can of worms.

Time marched on and due to his previous experience (and while one battle with an alien race could barely be called experience, it was 100% more experience than the other newbies had) Sam hadn't mentioned his link with Redwing to anyone other than Steve, and there was no indication that his immediate supervisors knew either. It turned out that he could, in fact, communicate with other birds. He tested his limits over time, and was able to see more and more as he cultivated his ability. It was a pity that with all he has learned to see, he failed to see what was coming.

Fury went down, and Captain America was wanted for questioning regarding his death. Sam knew where he was... the poor guy made for a lousy field agent, but he had the widow with him, and they managed to keep each other alive. Redwing lost them after the mall, and Sam did everything he could to be "helpful" to the SHIELD agents questioning him regarding Cap's whereabouts. Sam got an alert from a few eyes in the sky when Rogers and Romanov resurfaced, and lost his tail to get to them. With a little explanation, and a lot of their help, he was able to get his wings back, only to have his comeback stalled by Hydra SHIELD agents. A stirring call to arms, massive explosions, and billions of dollars in property damage later and he was no longer SHIELD. Truth be told, he had no idea what he was.

The Mighty Avengers

It took a while to set things to rights again. SHIELD was back from the dead, dragged kicking and screaming by Nick Fury. He was asked to come on board again. That his skills would do well for an agency in need of a robust surveillance apparatus. Considering what Sam had heard about Fury, he could hardly be surprised that he knew. The only thing he wondered was whether Steve told him, or if he told Steve. The latter was more plausible. In any case, he had to turn him down. If being a spy meant that he'd have to constantly be ready to turn his back on a friend, then he had to find himself another line of work anyway. Thankfully, Steve had a side project he could do on the Avenger's dime, and who was Sam to turn down billable hours in that economy?

For a time, things were good. About as good as stopping the world from ending repeatedly could get, but something was gnawing at Sam. He felt like the world was getting away from him. He reasoned that being an Avenger was the pinnacle of superherodom...like being on an Olympic dream team. That the things they dealt with were making a difference, but he didn't feel that way. People were still suffering, and as much as saving the world was a rush, it seemed empty if the people they were saving it for were lost underfoot. He used his brand to help gain awareness for organizations after he said goodbye to the Avengers. When emergencies happened, he and redwing played them the way they originally did - by looking out for the people in the areas affected. He arranged for other heroes with very little to no exposure gain a piece of the limelight while using their powers to lend a helping hand under his "Heroes for Hope" foundation. Maybe some of them weren't able to take on Galactus just yet, but the money they've saved on shipping supplies to affected areas alone was nothing short of miraculous, to say nothing of some of the useful construction applications that some of their powers held. Steve would drop in every now and then for photo ops and a speech or two. He figured that it was the best way he could help, and by the way Sam saw the faces of his group light up...well, the guy couldn't be more right.

He thanked him the last time he saw him. He never did, at least not in a way that would embarrass the guy, but he gave him a true heartfelt thank you. They'd been through hell and back, sometimes literally. Steve trained him, and gave him a chance to be more than what he was. How could you properly thank someone for that? He was so perplexed, he even asked him. Sam remembered that Steve took a moment and looked at his shield, then at the crew in the distance as they finished for the day and said the only thing that needed saying "you already did, Sam." He threw a half salute and a smile before he headed back to the waiting Quinjet.

When the reports came out about Cap's death,  Sam delivered the eulogy. After that he handed control of HoH to someone who served as something of an understudy. She didn't pack the power to take on anything stronger than a two-bit thug, and she knew it, but she had a mind for business and genuinely wanted to help people. The ideas she supplied were dynamic and fed the imagination. He couldn't have asked for anyone better to take it on. It was a while before he showed up unannounced at Avengers Tower. His biometric data was still on the books. Access was granted without incident. Turns out the bastard made sure to keep him on file...like he knew Sam would be back, or at the least just hoped. They found him just staring at the glass-encased shield. Battered, bloodied, and absolutely magnificent. The Smithsonian wanted it ravenously, but Tony wouldn't stand for it. Even in his drug addled state, he still knew his way around. They never came within an inch of getting it.

Sam had seen Kitty slip through the crowd, literally. He was aware of her, but outside of mixers, he didn't know much about her other than she was the lead singer they choose when they decided to put the band back together. She looked young... too young, almost. But then he remembered looking about the same when he took his stand. Avengers were dead. She knew the risks. He turned to her, resolved to do what he came there for, and spoke "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to get this shield out of the display. I'm going to need it"

== Character Extras ==

Redwing - Sam's right hand bird. All the natural powers of a bird of prey, with the added benefit of having a human to save from themselves.

Weapons

Sonic Cannons - Turns Redwing's screech into a ear-splitting blast of sound that is focused onto a target. Serves to distract or immobilize for quick pacification.

== Face Claim: == Anthony Mackie

Theme Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2ebiuV3hU&list=PLF51E3C78B01D792C&index=65

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Life in Color

Batman4560

Guys for reasons I'd rather not talk about I'm leaving E for a while. So I have to drop out for now. Sorry for doing this so suddenly. I really didn't want to.

Vergil Tanner

Blockade:

No problem! Fill out the background as soon as you can, since I can't fill the role with your character until the sheet is completed. :-) Just a note; in this timeline, the Battle For New York would have been many, many years ago. Like...about a decade ago. :P Just so you know.

Aww, ok Bats....it sucks, but if you gotta you gotta. Hope everythings ok, I wish you luck and you're always welcome back whenever you feel up to it. *nods*

Cuchulainn

Wait is this MCU or 616 because Bucky is drastically different between both.

Vergil Tanner

It's neither. It's a completely different AU, with some elements of both. The only "big things" from the CU and Comics to have happened really are the Battle For New York, the Dark Phoenix Saga (a variant, anyway; certain characters weren't there) and the characters various origins. It isn't MCU OR 616. It's....I dunno, 6111611? :P

Writersblockade

That works, because it would give plausable time for  Sam to meet Steve and get experience
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Vergil Tanner

No problemo! I've marked him as Reserved and I've put the "Heart" of NA's as taken, so when you get the background finished, I'll be able to slot him in :-)

Batman4560

So it turns out that I have been granted the gift of being able to stay. If that's alright with you?

Kuroneko

I'll just put this right here ...

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name: Khalidah Janneck, not that she’s telling anyone.
Alias: Callisto
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Team Role: Wildcards Brawler

== Physical Description / Clothing ==

Standing 5’ 11” Callisto is a muscular woman, with the build of natural bodybuilder and has next to no bodyfat. She has an old, large scar running from her forehead to her jaw line on the right side of her face that runs through her eye.  This eye is blind, and is milky white.   Cal also has a series of black, abstract and Japanese style tattoos that cover a large portion of her body – arms, back, neck, buttocks and the outer surfaces of her thighs, like a full Japanese horimono with less coverage.   She has long, thick black hair and although she herself has no problems with her ruined eye or face, she will usually wear a patch over her eye for the convenience of others.  Both the tattoos and the injury to her face and eye occurred before her mutation manifested, so they will never heal, but her tattoos will regenerate along with her skin/body if injured. 

Her clothing both in and out of the field leans to the practical and masculine side over anything feminine. She prefers military or classically tailored style clothing in leather and practical fabrics, adding Kevlar to mission uniforms.

== Personality ==

Cal is a tough, hard assed, rough around the edges woman who knows how to take care of herself and others.  She is extremely self-sufficient and doesn’t like to accept help from anyone; but she will be loyal to and feel responsible for a group that has earned her respect and/or needs her protection.  She is strong willed, tough and has the ability to be ruthless and to make hard decisions.  She is remarkably good at her business, and will not allow her emotions to influence her unduly or prevent her from doing her job.  She has a certain amount of charisma and natural leadership abilities despite her appearance, which proved to be useful when she lead a cell of Morlocks under Mikhail Rasputin and has been valuable in her work as a mercenary and arms dealer.  She can be charming when she wants to be, if it will get the job done, but more often than not she is all business, never forgetting that she is a woman doing a man’s job in a man’s world – and usually better.  She sees violence as a means to an end, and is not afraid to use it to get what she wants, although she has never been one to take particular delight in inflicting pain – not that she won’t do it if necessary, and without hesitation.  Get in, do the job, kill if need be and get out. 

Cal has a grudge against humans that discriminate against mutants - in particular towards those that look down on physical mutants - and a soft spot in an otherwise unreachable heart for those with obvious mutations, who in her opinion are treated far worse than mutants who are able to pass.  She also carries a great deal of guilt for allowing herself to be so gravely injured that she was forced to leave the Morlocks to recover, essentially allowing them to believe she was dead.  She sees her injuries as a failure on her part, which forced her to let down those depending on her.  The fact that she has not yet returned to them is also a sore spot and one she doesn’t care to discuss.  Get in her face about it and you’re likely to see the business end of her abilities.

== Key Skills ==

Powers:

Callisto’s mutation gives her superhuman strength, agility, reflexes, and sensory perceptions, as well as enhanced regenerative powers.  All of these abilities make her an excellent hand-to-hand fighter and soldier, as well as a tracker and infiltrator.  Her strength, durability and skeleton have also been genetically enhanced and augmented by Weapon X.

Superhuman Strength –
Callisto’s strength is far above that of an ordinary human. Her enhanced ability allows her to easily pick up and throw objects weighing several tons, crush stone and metal and rip them apart. It also gives her the ability to jump higher than an average human, leap across greater distances and to throw objects further than normal. Her mutant strength level has been significantly enhanced by Weapon X and is further supported by the metal on her bones.

Enhanced Senses –
Callisto possesses superhuman senses. Her sense of smell is close that of a wolf, approximately 100% greater than a normal human. Her sense of taste is roughly 25% greater than human normal and enhanced by her sense of smell, allowing her to detect the presence of poisons and other chemicals in food and liquids. Her hearing and sense of touch are approximately 50% greater than the average human. Though she has only one eye, her vision is superb - comparable to that of a bird of prey, six to eight times greater than a normal human’s, roughly 20/5 rather than 20/20. She is able to see objects in impressive detail at great distances due to the shape of her fovea and she has excellent night vision. Her depth of field is also wider than the average human’s, though reduced by her monocular vision. She sees an incomparable array of colors due to the number of rods and cones in her eye, with a startling variety of shades. These senses allow her to create sensory memory files of individuals and track them with great accuracy, even over long distances and several days. 

Enhanced Agility and Reflexes –
Cal’s mutation has given her extraordinary reflexes and agility. She has the skills of a master martial artist and the ability to react in a fraction of the time it would take a normal human to react to an attack. Her agility allows her extreme levels of dexterity and the ability to move with extraordinary ease, quickness and grace.

Tactical Ability –
Cal has an innate ability to able to immediately intuit the solution to any tactical problem, be it a particular circumstance or an opponent. Coupled with decades of training it makes her a formidable opponent.

Accelerated Healing Factor –
Callisto has the ability to regenerate and heal from injuries at a rapid rate, far faster than a normal human, making her extremely difficult to kill. Superficial cuts and scratches heal in a matter of seconds.  Deeper ones in minutes.  Penetrating wounds and bone breaks in hours.  She will begin to recover from drowning the moment she is removed from water. Severed limbs can reattach themselves. She can and has regrown body parts, although this takes a longer period of time. Any exposure to poisons, infectious agents or chemical weapons will only affect her momentarily. This ability has also slowed her aging process, and although she looks to be in her early thirties, she is in fact far older.

Enhanced Durability and Endurance –
Callisto’s ability to withstand blows and attacks that would break bones or crush her body have been dramatically enhanced by Weapon X. Her endurance has also been increased, allowing her to exert herself for much longer periods of time before requiring rest.

Adamantium Skeleton –
Like Wolverine, Callisto’s bones are laced with the indestructible metal. This has increased her durability and made her resistant to crushing force.

Skills:

Cal is an exceptional marksman and an expert in demolition and explosives as well as various weapons styles, both guns and traditional martial arts weapons.  She has an affinity for bladed weapons of all varieties and always carries both firearms and knives on her person, her favorites being the traditional Gurka tiger knife, the katar and the Japanese katana. But above all, she favors guns, guns and more guns. She has excellent hand-to-hand combat skills and has trained in multiple traditional martial arts and hand to hand combat styles, taking what she needs from each to create her own style uniquely suited to her own needs and body.  She is extremely disciplined and trains relentlessly – and she always fights dirty. 

Callisto speaks Japanese, Apache and Romani fluently, as well as passable Russian and Arabic, just enough to get by in her business dealings.

Weaknesses:

Due to her enhanced senses, Callisto is susceptible to sensory input to a far greater degree than an average human. Loud noises may temporarily deafen and disorient her; exceptionally bright flashes of light could cause temporary blindness; odors may be excessively repugnant and distracting, though she has had mnany years to learn to deal with this type of external stimuli. She is vulnerable to the same sorts of attacks that will damage any normal human – gunshots, fire, drowning, impalement, buildings falling on her, etc. But in all cases, her healing factor kicks in immediately and she will recover quickly.

== Character Background ==

(Very little is said about Cal’s past in comic canon, so I’m just going to run with what seems to support her personality).

Callisto is rather secretive about her life, preferring to focus on the present then dwell on the past.  She is the only child of military parents, who were both members of elite special ops forces before leaving the service to work as security and weapons consultants (their legitimate day job) and mercenaries, and as such was raised to take care of herself from the get go.  She is mixed race – part Romani, part Native American and part Caucasian - and was born in Israel while her parents were on assignment in 1917.  Her childhood was an unremarkable one, except that she had the opportunity to live in several foreign countries due to her parent’s careers.  Like other officer’s children on several bases, she was given classes in self-defense tactics.  Taking to it naturally, she continued training in martial arts throughout her childhood in whatever countries her parents were stationed or working in.  Her parents were also avid hunters and outdoorsmen, and because of this and their professions, she was introduced to firearms at an early age; so she is supremely comfortable with them.  She knows survival skills, and is entirely at home in the wilderness, both urban and rural.  It was her intention to follow in her parents’ footsteps, and join the military when of age.

At the age of sixteen, just prior to her manifestation, she and her parents were in a severe car accident while they were working as consultants in China.  Both parents were killed in the crash, and Callisto was severely injured, her once striking face marred forever, the vision in her right eye gone, never to be affected by her ability to heal, which would manifest years later.  The driver of the other car was the son of an important Chinese politician, and despite Cal’s desire to see him made accountable for his actions, his father’s position in the government made is possible for him to evade the law.  Her parents were merely foreign soldiers/independent contractors.  In the Chinese world, their deaths meant little. 

Once she recovered from her more severe injuries and an initial facial operation that left her horribly scarred, and with no relatives to return the young girl to, the military released her parent’s pensions and life insurance to Cal, and offered to have her face repaired if she returned to the United States and went into the foster system.  They would even try to place her with another military family. But, she viewed the scar as a last tie to her parents, and did not want to be rid of it.  Cal saw it as a reminder of what had happened, of how they had been treated, and how she intended to make the men responsible pay for her their deaths.  Before the military could make good on their offer or place her in the foster system she disappeared, making her way off base to lose herself in the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong. 

She had money, she had her parent’s contacts, and she had the ability to take care of herself - and the desire to drown her grief.  So she traveled - first in Asia, and then later all over the world.  In each country, she used her parents’ connections to contact masters of martial arts and paid them to teach her their art; she met with mercenaries and begged them to teach her more about weapons and explosives, all with the goal of continuing the education her parents began and of eventually enacting revenge.  She forged contacts with the underworld organizations wherever she went - with the Triads in China, and the Yakuza in Japan, terrorists in the Middle East, and mercenary companies throughout the world.  She paid whatever price was asked of her to learn, be it money, serving as a runner for illegal operations or even her body.  She hardened her heart.  The end goal was all that mattered.

While in Japan she became fascinated with the art of irezumi, traditional tattooing that Yakuza members often submitted to mark their ties to their Clans and their Oyabuns.  She was intrigued by the formality and the ceremony of it, and saw it as a way to both process her grief and honor her parents.  So, she spent a large portion of her remaining funds to undergo the tattooing process, using the hours of pain as a rite of passage, covering her body in stylized tribal and Japanese symbols in midnight black ink across her arms, neck, back and thighs.  She wears them proudly.

Callisto’s mutation manifested relatively late at the age of seventeen and progressed in stages, starting with enhanced strength and agility, followed by enhanced senses and lastly her ability to heal.  With her money now all but spent and her skills well proven, she began a career as a mercenary with the groups she had been associating with, who found her mutant talents to be extremely useful.  But there was one thing left to do before she could embrace this new life.

At the age of twenty-one, now fully empowered as a mutant and well trained in the arts of infiltration and combat, she returned to China and broke into the house of the man that killed her parents and enacted her revenge, killing both him and his father.  Without looking back, she left Asia, traveling as a mercenary and assassin for hire.  She has even dabbled in selling arms and is known as a woman who can get you what you want.  Everywhere she went, although accepted a mercenary of great skill, she was still a mutant, and as such experienced the general racism afforded to people with such genetic status.  It was at this time that she first met the woman known as Raven Darkholme*, occasionally working both for and with her, forming a working relationship based on mutual respect.  But Callisto was too restless to stay in any one place for any length of time, never finding anything that held her attention or her loyalty for too long. 

In New York all that changed when Cal met Mikhail Rasputin.  Rasputin led a group of mutants he called the Morlocks, mutants with abilities so severe or so obvious that they were forced to live in the sewers, away from ordinary society.  With the charisma of a natural leader, Mikhail convinced Cal to join them, to teach her skills to the others and help fight for mutant supremacy in any way they could, including the use of violence and terrorism to enact their goal of revenge for murdered comrades.  In the Morlocks, she found something she could believe in, and a place to be accepted for what she was in addition to what she could do, and she grew to love her role with them, becoming fiercely protective of those who came to depend on her there.  It was a place to use her skills for something she believed in, and a natural outlet for her tendency to violence.  She was especially close to the young girl called Marrow, with whom she had an almost maternal relationship.  Cal felt very protective of Sarah, and saw in her a great potential to be a soldier for their cause of mutant supremacy. Consequently, the two spent a great deal of time together. The older woman trained Sarah hard, pushing her to be the best she could be, as she did all of her charges.

However, their activities weren’t going unnoticed. They had drawn the attention of Nathaniel Essex, who sent his Marauders to eliminate them. After one particularly violent attack which was perpetrated by the Morlocks, the Marauders followed them, tracking and apprehending them in the Alley under Manhatten.  In the resulting confusion of the attack, several of the Morlock units were separated, and Callisto was severely injured.  She fought hard, but the Marauders had superior numbers and strength, and she couldn’t prevent the wholesale slaughter of her colleagues and charges.  Taking multiple wounds from a variety of weapons, she was last seen by any of the other Morlocks falling over the edge of a tunnel and down several stories into the depths of the sewers.  Her body was never recovered, and all believed her to be dead. Unknown to her at the time, Marrow was taken by one of the Marauders and given over to the X-Men.   

Gravely injured, Callisto woke up several days later, deep in the Morlock tunnels.  By the time she made her way back to the main area, everyone was gone, including Mikhail and Marrow.  Believing everything and everyone to be lost, she crawled off to lick her wounds and nurse her grief. Once she recovered, she returned to her old trade as a mercenary and arms dealer, using it as a way to avoid thinking about what had happen. Only later would she learn of what had happened to Marrow and the involvement of one of the X-Men in the attack on the Morlocks. It’s something she hasn't forgotten – or forgiven. 

It was while she was working for a private mercenary company in the Middle East that Callisto first met Flash Thompson. Assigned as backup to his unit, the two went on several missions together, becoming congenial and reliable colleagues, if not close. Later, when he was discharged and rotated out of service, Callisto had every intention of visiting her now injured friend – until Weapon X intervened. Taking her into the Program, they manipulated her genetics to push her strength, endurance an durability to their utmost potential, in order to make her an ideal candidate for the adamantium bonding process. It took months to make her ready for the procedure. What they didn’t count on was just how well they’d done their job – or Callisto’s tenacity. Within moments of the procedure’s completion, she broke free of the chamber, sending the entire facility into lockdown. Without the assistance of Venom, there on Nick Fury’s behalf to break her free, she would never have made it out alive. Venom later approached her and recruited her after the fall of the Avengers to be part of his new, somewhat unconventional Wildcards. At this point, she has no idea that her rescuer and her old friend Flash are one and the same … though she has some suspicions.

== Character Extras ==

Callisto is always armed like a tank. Highly superstitious, she carries a mulengi dori in her pocket at all times, a Romani ‘dead man’s string,’ the cloth used to measure the length of a coffin for the deceased at a funeral, tied with seven knots.

== Face Claim: ==

Claudia Black

Theme Song:

Fight Song

Life in Color

Kuroneko

Vergil Tanner

I agree! I love her ^_^ And now I'm vaguely curious whether her grudge against humans extends to Flash, who isn't just ok with mutants; he dated one of them. XD Anyway! I love it, and she's definitely in! I do have ONE question, though;
The bio says that she started manifesting her powers at 16. Isn't that a bit late for mutations? Don't they usually start showing as the kid hits puberty (so 11 - 14 ish) ?

And Bats, of COURSE it's ok for you to stay! I'll whack Peter back on the roster. :-)

freeko

If Rogue is on the table again, I would like to step in as Rogue.

Let me know if this is a viable option.

Vergil Tanner

I believe she is, yes, but the problem is that we're starting to get overloaded on New Avengers.
On the New Avengers side, we have Kitty, Peter, Sif and Sam, and somebody is whipping up a New Avengers "Hybrid" bio. That makes 5 for them.
In contrast, we only have Flash and Callisto as confirmed for the Wildcards, with possibly Bucky and Magik as well. Having Rogue - since I'm assuming she would be a New Avenger - would put it at 6 - 4 in favour of the New Avengers, whilst I would much rather have 5 - 5.

There are a couple of solutions, but I'll have to talk to Alix and get back to you about that.