Coronavirus: Discussion and Information

Started by Blythe, January 05, 2021, 05:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azuresun

Quote from: Annaamarth on January 17, 2022, 04:07:12 AM
This is an excellent point well-made.

I will try to be more mindful.

I started to notice this after Jo Cox (an MP here in the UK) was killed. Everyone was stumbling over themselves to praise her, how great she was, what a difference she made....and I didn't doubt any of that, but I found myself wondering how many of those same people were making the same unfunny jokes and casual dehumanisations of "all politicians" that promoted such violence in the first place.

Oreo

Quote from: Beorning on January 18, 2022, 01:30:49 PM
I have an unrelated question:

I had my 3rd vaccine shot yesterday afternoon. This time, it was Pfizer. I was feeling perfectly okay for the first 24 hours, but then I started feeling cold and ache-y... Is it possible that the vaccine's side effects are hitting me with some delay? I felt quite bad after my 1st shot (Astra Zeneca), but it started pretty soon after the injection.
I had the same reaction to Moderna. The reaction didn't set in until 24 hours later. Hit me with a fever, aches, and a week long headache.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Azy

I have an unrelated question:

I had my 3rd vaccine shot yesterday afternoon. This time, it was Pfizer. I was feeling perfectly okay for the first 24 hours, but then I started feeling cold and ache-y... Is it possible that the vaccine's side effects are hitting me with some delay? I felt quite bad after my 1st shot (Astra Zeneca), but it started pretty soon after the injection.

All 3 of mine were Moderna.  The first two the side effects happened in a few hours.  Like I got the first at 2pm, and then around 6-7pm was feeling tired and achy with a mild fever.  With the booster, it took about 24 hours to hit me like a train and I felt like I had the flu. 

Lilias

My AZ mains left me tired and sleepy for a couple of days, while my Moderna booster only gave me painfully swollen lymph nodes under that arm, starting the next day, so about 18 hours post-injection. (Spousal unit had the same configuration, and got the tiredy blahs the third time too. How it will hit you is very personal, and yes, a slightly delayed reaction is completely normal.)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beorning

I see. Thanks, guys. I've been wondering about that...

Anyway, feeling much better today :)

Tsenta

To US residents: The government has made 4 rapid Covid tests available free to every household, available via https://www.covidtests.gov/, inside will link to a shipping site hosted by the USPS.

In 2 weeks roughly, two N95 masks will also be readily available per person, for free. At participating health clinics/pharmacies.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Blythe

Got mine ordered the other day.  ;D I've heard they ship in about...7-12 days? Demand is going to be enormous though (for real, I work at a store that was selling rapid tests and we sold out in less than two hours after they were shipped to the store; it was crazy how fast we sold out) so I am anticipating some fairly significant shipping delays before my tests arrive.

Oreo

Thank you. I just ordered some. They will likely show up too late though. Think I already have it. :P

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin