News:

Main Menu

Recommend top 5

Started by Frost, December 22, 2013, 01:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost

Hi All

If you could recommend the top 5 Steam games for PC, what would they be and why?

Revelation

Any genre? There are so many different things that could change whats recommended that I find myself hard pressed to answer without knowing what games/genre you enjoy.

Lux12

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas.
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

NinjaWeazel

ShadowRun Returns

it's fun, has the correct aesthetic, and is mechanically simple to grasp without ain in-depth knowledge of the RPG systems.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Lux12 on December 22, 2013, 11:50:36 PM
The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas.
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

The OP wanted to know why they are good as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Frost

Any Genre, so if you had to pick 5 that would stay on your drive and delete the rest

Revelation

If I had to pick 5 that would stay on my hard drive at all time, and I could never pick another steam game again?

Dota 2: MOBA/ARTS game that provides a huge variety of ways to play the game between heroes, team composition, items, and battles. Difficult to get into, but still rather interesting to play.

Crusader Kings 2: Grand Strategy turn based game that has you playing a kingdom seeking to expand during the times of the crusades. Incredible depth to the system and what happens in both battles and families.

Dark souls: 3D Action RPG game that's fairly difficult/challenging. Fun/intriguing multiplayer system!

Civ 5: 4x strategy game about building a civilization on earth.

The fifth is hard, I don't have any good ideas for it.

Koren

I use steam pretty much exclusively for Indie and smaller game titles as well as that which are only on PC and not available for my ps3 so these are my picks from that:

Papers Please : tonnes of replayable value and such an amazing game with really no equal in the mechanics, i dont know of another game that plays like it, and I find it easy to absorb myself in it for a long time

Bit.Trip Runner : Love this game, the idea of making music through platforming is endlessly enjoyable and so much fun as well, not to mention that its actually difficulty

Trials Evolution Gold Edition : Loved the original flash game years ago, and I enjoy the challenge that comes from this game and perfecting each of its levels

Super Meat Boy : Challenging, a great platformer, and the community levels mean endless amounts of fun a lot of the time, not to mention great little secrets and styling

Edge : As someone who studied graphic design for seven years, theres something appealing about isometric view and isometric games, and the life and personality that this little cube has while navigating this world is so nice and the puzzles are great too, even if not so replayable