Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 04, 2016, 08:46:26 PM
I just want to point out that I'm the only player who has never once broken character in this thread.
I didn't think you were ever being in character :p

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 04, 2016, 09:32:02 PM
That is my character.
lol, you just sound like you are talking all the time :P

Galactic Druid

That is also my character.... How Meta...

James Moriarty

Madame Professor

((Thank you everyone, for the well wishes for my friend. He is doing much better and is thankfully being released tonight. Yay! No overnight stay. I'm gonna get caught up in the chatter before bed and I'll try and post before hand. I just wanted to say thanks. :-) ))
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Glad to hear that MP. I'll keep those fingers crossed through the weekend.

Madame Professor

King-- I believe you asked why I was suspicious of Fate? It's because he chose to vote for Nobody this day. While I disagreed the day before, it seems rather common to vote for Nobody on day two. But the only way for the town (or this case, adventures) to win is to kick out the bad guys. Not voting... Only helps the bad guys. With that said... This is my VOTE! I am voting for Strangefate. My vote counts as two votes.

As far as the Boots go... I thought about voting for Remi, but his power, while granted at night, is passive during the day... So between who else had votes... King was the less suspicious to me.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

I screwed up the last votecount. :( MP's vote should have counted twice for the boots too! I edited it in the previous vote count, but it was wrong overnight!

Votecount!

Elimination

5 - Strangefate (Madame Professor x2, Mintprincess, ThatRPGuy, Verasaille)
2 - James Moriarty (Blythe, Remiel)
1 - Verasaille (James Moriarty)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

2 - Against (ThatRPGuy, Verasaille)
3 - In Favor (Mintprincess, Remiel, Strangefate)

(You don't need to vote against exploring, since not exploring wins by default, but since people are voting for it I may as well count it!)

Boots of Elvenkind

6 - King Serperior (King Serperior, Madame Professor (x2), Mintprincess, Remiel, Verasaille)
1 - Strangefate (Strangefate)

With 11 votes in Play, it will take 6 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Friday, or when a party member has six votes to be thrown out!

13 hours until deadline!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Madame Professor

((Sorry! I didn't realize it was all my votes or else I'd have made sure to say so to makes easier for you. >< ))

Mintprincess

So earlier I was told that Vera probably had a condition that she was required to vote for someone.   Is it possible that someone has a condition that they have to vote nobody ?

Galactic Druid

I mentioned that in an earlier post. Yes, it's very likely we have a pacifist. It's possible it's Fate even, since he's never voted for someone. Even if that's the case, I'm still okay voting for Fate, as the pacifist would be dangerous in a game where minimum votes is based on the percentage of players. The lower our count goes, the more necessary every vote is.

Mintprincess

Fair enough! We still need more votes those to succeed.   We are at five. And we need six.  I'm looking at you Remiel and KS

Strangefate

So people can't discuss things in PM?  Like if a hero has a power that discovers another hero they can't contact each other?  Do the villains get to discuss things together?  How do they pick a target if they don't?  This game keeps confusing me.  I guess that does make Exploring somewhat less useful.  I'm still going to keep my vote as is though.  I actually had one listed for each Exploration option last night!  It made me feel very important.  ;)

And I actually advised against people revealing their powers.  You can easily scroll up and note where I specifically said people should not be doing that.  I think ThatRPGuy is leading the attack on me because I'm questioning his herding of the group.  I don't think he really believes I posted that hoping the bodyguard, if we have one, would reveal himself/herself.  I suspect he thinks I'm the bodyguard and that I made that post as a way to signal to people that the powers we gain from exploring are potentially very useful to us.  Which leads me to believe ThatRPGuy might be one of our killers and is hoping to get a very lucky kill elimination here.  He'll be disappointed on that score though.  I don't have any bodyguard like powers.  I have different ones.  There's a reason I suggested the boots for myself beyond just being silly but I couldn't outright say it.  Anyways, I too wonder if Guy doesn't have a win condition that involves getting us to stop exploring. Whatever his personal win condition it can't involve a RP type victory as he never bothered with any RPing, so it most involve something vote-related I suspect.

I suppose I could change my vote to ThatRPGuy or Verasailles or James as a defensive measure but I don't really care if I get eliminated.  I probably should be as I don't know what's going on with the game rules half the time.  :P  My powers aren't that useful either, so it doesn't matter too much to the group, although I was hopeful that they would become so by leveling up.  I do know from other games that ThatRPGuy plays in a very aggressive style when the villain and tries to dominate the discussions so him being a killer is not inconceivable here.  But I'm not changing my vote this round.  I stand by the logic of what I said.  It's a crapshoot with the odds against us.  Only killers can vote with confidence here.  Often that's the only thing you can do in mafia games, but the dungeon adds a different element that makes prolonging the game advantageous to the heroes and randomly guessing people less necessary I think.  (I guess, I don't really know, if players can't learn each others’ roles through powers and get in contact via PM, then maybe not, maybe we do just have to randomly guess.)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

King Serperior

Xavier was silent for a while, forming his thoughts, before speaking, "This is made with heavy heart for I am not fond of voting with nearly no information.  It would seem that the only ones who can vote who have not are Strange and I.  The fact that we have no idea and may not communicate privately makes a blind shot in the dark all the more likely.  Guy makes a point in that pacifists would make votes later a more dangerous thing.  I must say that I am not sure what this 'bodyguard' is that Strange speaks of, but it sounds like a highly important role in terms of survival considering Strange's reaction?  We have until about 6pm left, no?  I will think on this for another hour or so before making my final vote."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Galactic Druid

I already told you guys what my RP victory was. I had to declare my love for a player, who had to stay in the game until the end, with both of us living last day. I declared my love for Derwaysh, and then immediately lost. Figures.

Anyway, the only victory I care about is town. You've got it backwards, Fate. I'm way less bloodthirsty when I'm trying you stay under the radar. I've been open and honest the whole game.

Mintprincess

King and perse haven't voted.  And others can change :)
We need more information for the next round please Madame moderator!

Remiel

ThatRPGuy's win condition is absolutely to get us to stop exploring.  Either that or he has been told he will perish if we proceed any further.

The question is whether he is on our side or the villains'.

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

5 - Strangefate (Madame Professor x2, Mintprincess, ThatRPGuy, Verasaille)
2 - James Moriarty (Blythe, Remiel)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

(You don't need to vote against exploring, since not exploring wins by default, but since people are voting for it I may as well count it!)

Boots of Elvenkind

6 - King Serperior (King Serperior, Madame Professor (x2), Mintprincess, Remiel, Verasaille)

With 11 votes in Play, it will take 6 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Friday, or when a party member has six votes to be thrown out!

6 hours until deadline!

Galactic Druid

Remi, I can guarantee you I'm on the town's side. I know I was going after you before, but that was because of your early voting patterns. I stand by that I feel we already have all the powers we need to weed out the evil players, and I don't like the idea of them gaining recruitment powers or something that might misdirect information.

I removed my vote for you because MP vouched for you, and I believe that MP is trustworthy this game.

I'm suspicious mostly of Fate, but a part of that is some pretty serious meta gaming so I haven't really made that public.

Verasaille

This is proving to be a tight game. I do hope we can come to some consensus here before the deadline is come.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Mintprincess

Well we have six hours for either Remy, James, Ks, perse or Blythe to vote for strange.  Those of you who have been soooooo adamant we vote someone out might wanna hop on board. 

Blythe

Blythe says, "Changing my vote. Strange voted to continue exploring coupled with voting for no-one. I'm just as comfortable voting for him as I would have been James (although James did cast a vote for someone this time around), so voting for Strange seems like better logic to me right now. While that's my only basis, it's better than no basis for a vote."

I am changing my vote! I am voting for ((Strangefate))

King Serperior

Xavier looks over at Guy, "Well, I required the Crown of my people to win and the Goblin ran off with it, so the Goblin ruined us both.  I will never again trust a Goblin."

((OOC:  That means that if a Goblin is present in another Mafia Dungeon Crawl game that isn't me, I will adamantly vote against that one.))

With a shake of his head, the Dwarf taps the ground with the butt of his ax, "It seems that majority has voted for Strange.  Whatever I vote will either only hammer the nail deeper or not matter at all unless there is drastic change.  With the hopes that I do the right thing, I will join the rest in the vote for Strange.  If it is the murder of an innocent, better we all have bloodied hands than a few who claim innocence.  We will all be guilty by the gods."

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((Strangefate))

((OOC:  My apologies, Strange, but the lack of information has forced my hand.  If we come across one another in another game, perhaps I will feel more justified in doing this should evidence lead me to voting you out again.))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

FINAL VOTE (KS's doesn't count since it came after the day ended)

Votecount!

Elimination

6 - Strangefate (Blythe, Madame Professor x2, Mintprincess, ThatRPGuy, Verasaille)
1 - James Moriarty (Remiel)
1 - Nobody (Strangefate)

Exploration

Boots of Elvenkind

Working on flip, feel free to start sending in night actions!