Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Started by jilorbb, October 31, 2011, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilorbb

Oddly enough, I made it through the entire 90's without ever having watched a single episode. Tonight, I'm celebrating my birthday with a friend, getting drunk and watching the series on Netflix. It's proving campy, inacurate but a lot of fun!

I would like to propose a game involving some of the characters from the show as well as a few original characters. I must admit, part of my desire for this game is so I can interact with one of the characters I have come to develop a crush on. *

I imagine that the following characters would be the bare bones necessessity for our game:

• Hercules
  • Iaolaus*

- Other characters are encouraged to join. (Any race/sex/etc...)

As I have interests in Herc's small, rather bumbling friend I would like to play opposite him if possible. It would seem that the boy is straight, so I will create a character occordingly.

Please note the following about myself:
*I am rather new to the show (only 10 episodes in, but I will keep watching) so I don't know all the juicy details yet (feel free to clue me in)
*This will be my first game on E in a long time. I left a while ago because I was having some difficulty working through the emotional effects of being sexually assaulted. I will need any sexual encounters to be basic and I ask my Iaolaus to be understanding.

yesiroleplay

This show was so great!  Much better than Xena, which took itself way more seriously.
(Don't hate - I liked Xena too, I just liked this show better)

Plus, Kevin Sorbo was to die for. 

Autolycus was a fun secondary character.

jilorbb

I'm sure I'll get around to Xena eventually. She has been in two of the episodes I've seen so far (current episode count: 15) but I want to wait until I've finished Hercules to move on to the other story.

Any chance you would be interested in joining this game?

yesiroleplay

I might be interested.  I just recently joined a couple games, but one looks to have still-birthed, so I might have time

jilorbb

All right. Just let me know how it goes.

It is kind of an old show so interest has been slow. I imagine I'll get enough people eventually.

Latooni Subota

Just wait till you get towards the end of the series, with all the random cross-overs and over-the-top stuff. If I remember my episodes right, I really loved it!

. . . Oh damn, now I have to go watch it! CURSE YOU! XD

Color me tentatively interested to bring in a female OC, but we'll see what sort of interest this drums up. Also, I'd have to spend the next two days re-watching it :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Morganna Natsume

I love Hercules and Xena!

is this still going?
( the game - not the show)

RubySlippers

Have room for a lass based off this pic:

A demigoddess (like Herc) the daughter of Dionysis and a mortal after one of the usual drunken dabuaches of the faith when her father sated his lusts into the innocent virgin, naturally she is going to be an archer of great skill and versed in hunting and woodslore and a decent fighter plus some artistic and feminine skills she is a lass of breeding after all. Likely a lesbian at least when not drunk and celebrating the Bacchanalia when she lets her madness and lust take over.

Her special power will be something that fits.