MuvLuv group, Intrest check, Players/GM wanted.

Started by AKunoichi, July 19, 2012, 01:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKunoichi

So the Total Eclipse Anime finally convinced me to play the Visual Novels and I must say Muv Luv is my current obsession. It's just the perfect mix of Military sci-fi action, Grimdark horror, and high school romantic hijinks. If I could find other people on E who like this and one of us would run a game (I'd run but I still don't know enough about the setting, Maybe once I finish the VNs), I would be in heaven.

-=(Click me)=-

For those who don't know, Muv Luv is a series of Erotic Visual Novels featuring high school romance, parallel universes, and horrible alien invasions. The First game is a standard high school love triangle in which a typical Japanese teenager is force to chose between his childhood friend, and a sexy mysterious Zaibatsu princess. However the second and third games in this series throw this on it's head as the protaganist is suddenly pulled into a dystopian parallel universe where humanity is under attack from an alien race known as the BETA (Beings of Extra Terrestrial origin who are the Adversary of the human race, yeah it's a dumb acronym that makes no sense)
In this grim universe all his friends from high school are training to become mecha pilots (and wear skintight transparent body suits that put Neon Genesis Evangelion to shame.)

Because of the nature of the Beta, any RP that takes place in Unlimited and Altverse might potential end up in extreme NC tentacle rape and guro. Although the Extraverse is mostly utouched... at least for now :C
I'd be up for anything from a lighthearted silly/smutty RP to a gritty plot heavy grimdark survival RP with bad ends and ~CHOMP~. But Preferably one that mixes both. Perhaps the Parallel universe thing can be explored more.
Crossovers with other anime universes could even be possible, but limiting contact with ones that feature high powered characters that could single handedly save humanity from the BETA would probably be a bad idea and ruin the drama.

who149

While I haven't played the visual novels in question, this seems just like the type of silly over the top Roleplay i've been craving!

Colored me intrested
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

pendarious

I haven't finished Extra yet myself but I've done enough reading to get how the Muv Luv universe works. I'm quite Taken with the Unlimited/Alternative universe myself but I could easily Run a game that Starts in Extra and eventually flips over to Unlimited. The most fascinating part of Unlimited and Alternative though is how it ties in with the Extraverse.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

AKunoichi

Yes I like the dimension hopping aspects as well. One crazy idea i had is what if Yuuko found a way to comunicate with her other selves in other universes and perfected quantum causality theory together. Would they come up with a plan to outmaneuver the BETA through parallel universes, would they have sex with themselves? Would they be able to switch places and fool there superiors?

pendarious

To be honest I don't think they'd have sex with themselves but you can be sure that All of the Marimo's would be forced into cosplay. though I highly doubt it's possible to thoroughly outmaneuver the BETA unless we have multiple quantam casualties other than just Takeru who apparently took several hundred loops through the experiance to figure out what the hell he needed to do to buy the human race even a mere 3 decades.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

AKunoichi

I'm saying that if Yuuko were to meet herself, they would develop a better way to travel through universes, and develop an entire army of Yuukos. Which would lead humanity to salvation or something. At at one point at least two of them would experiment with themselves.

pendarious

your theory probably isn't too far off knowing Yuuko-Sensei