Comfort Officers of The Nova Fleet - [Sandbox, Freeform, Sci-Fi]

Started by MzHyde, May 16, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Well, that was quick. I added Nymphadora to the list. Here's the link to the OOC, everyone go ahead and post your Character before you begin plotting and scheming.

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204291.0

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

MzHyde

And here are the IC topics. I'll be posting after I grab some dinner, but everyone feel free to jump on in. It's a sandbox, so everyone's free to do as they will. Just respect everyone's ideas and limitations, and if you know you'll be busy away from the computer, don't get involved heavily with someone and make them wait - or at least put up a warning in the OOC. This topic is still open for continuous recruitment, so anyone is welcome to PM me anytime.

Have fun!

NOVA 1 - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204292.0

NOVA 2 - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204293.0

Vergil Tanner

Right-ho. Posted in the OOC with my bio. Will wait for everybody else who's online before I start plotting. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

TheGlyphstone

FWIW, people should double-check their assignments before copying profiles over. You definitely don't want to end up on Nova-1 when you thought you were on Nova-2, or vice versa.

Vergil Tanner

Just posted about that on the OOC, haha. Although the Nova 2 IC post lists it as Nova 2 on the subject line, then Nova 1 under the picture....might be causing some confusion.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

vin26m

Quote from: MzHyde on May 18, 2014, 04:11:16 PM
And here are the OOC topics. I'll be posting after I grab some dinner, but everyone feel free to jump on in. It's a sandbox, so everyone's free to do as they will. Just respect everyone's ideas and limitations, and if you know you'll be busy away from the computer, don't get involved heavily with someone and make them wait - or at least put up a warning in the OOC. This topic is still open for continuous recruitment, so anyone is welcome to PM me anytime.

Have fun!

NOVA 1 - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204292.0

NOVA 2 - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204293.0

There are two extra OOC threads?  Or are they supposed to be IC threads?

Hercinia

I have people round. I'll get my CS done as soon as they go.

MzHyde

Those are the IC topics, obviously I made a typo.

Vergil Tanner

So...there are two OOC topics, and the one you posted first is the character thread?

MzHyde

*sigh*

NO.

There is ONE OOC topic. There are TWO IC threads.

Vergil Tanner

Woah. Sorry, Hyde. That's what I was assuming initially, but evidently you made a couple of typo's. Sorry. *shrug*

vin26m

Quote from: MzHyde on May 18, 2014, 04:29:17 PM
Those are the OOC topics, obviously I made a typo.

Another typo?

Quote from: MzHyde on May 18, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
*sigh*

NO.

There is ONE OOC topic. There are TWO IC threads.

Got it.

CopperLily

Did my girl end up getting listed on the wrong ship? I thought I was supposed to be on nova 2?

Vergil Tanner

I believe the positions got jiggled around a little, since one of the ships was terminated due to not enough people joining to fill all three satisfactorily. Some people got shifted around. :-)

TheGlyphstone

MasterOfMyFate

-NOVA 1-

Name: Jack Queen "Joker" Kingsley
Position: Pilot, Nova 1
Body Type: Muscular, Scarred

Bio: Jack was born in a small colony on the desert system of Axios with two parents that wanted the best for him. Throughout his life, Jack was given the impression that anything off of the planet he was on was better than the planet itself. Due to it being a small community, weekly Speeder races with the adolescence was a frequented event. Once he became of age, Jack became a reigning champion in the races. After awhile, Jack learned how to pilot more than just speeders. It was then that his parents found a way for Jack to reach the stars. Literally. After applying him to a Pilot school, Jack became top of his class with high scores in the field runs. Everything seemed to flow so smoothly, until a accident happened that caused the death of a senior instructor.

Jack and a few other classmates were sent to do some practice runs for a old model of the Nova line of ships in order to gain some experience flying a mining ship. Jack always favored the Nova line out of all other versions of ships. Everything was fine until one turn brought the entire ship into the asteroid field. After some rough turbulence, the ship caused enough turmoil to force the senior instructor to lose control and crack his head on the control panel. Being the only one not frozen from the death of their care taker, Jack took the helm and managed to pilot the entire ship to the closest system that was close to civilization, but not close enough to hit them. Everything was fine until it became apparent that the model had some defects with the landing portion as well as taken too much damage to pilot smoothly into a system's atmosphere. The landing was rough, but most of the entire class survived the landing unscathed. The only one that took any damage was Jack himself. The landing caused some of the metal frame to fly off from the walls and slam into Jack's left arm, severing it all the while sending him flying through the entire bridge. The entire damage to his body was a severed arm, shattered legs and some scarring on his torso.

It took awhile, but the class was rescued and Jack managed to stay alive long enough to put enough band aids on him to hold him for awhile. After hearing about his fantastic and heroic piloting of the Nova models, funding went into rebuilding Jack in order to utilize him for piloting a Nova ship. Jack received a bionic arm from just above the tricep all the way to the fingers to replace the completely unsalvageable arm. His broken legs were repaired with the bones being replaced with metal bones with a lot of the nerves being replaced with biotics in order to give him stronger legs. It is ironic that he only bonus that came out of strengthening his legs was for powerful thrusts for intercourse. After all, most of his job is sitting around and driving.

Personality wise, Jack is considering to be quite hilarious yet cynical. He makes sure to treat everyone fairly (mainly cracking wise on someone; he does his best to not be mean). All in all, Jack is well known for being the guy who likes to joke, but knows when to cross the line. After all, living in space booneys raises men to be wise assholes. Throughout his life, Jack has been given PLENTY of nicknames. First, he was named "Royal Straight" which was a play on his name. Then there were "Speedy", "Space-head", "Asshole" and "One Dead Bitch" one time by some man in the middle of a bar fight. Out of all his nicknames, Jack has favored "Joker" most of all. He likes to drive the point home that he PREFERS to be referred as Joker. Now the Joker may be all fun and games, but on the inside he is still damaged from his accident both physically and psychologically. He still loves Nova models though and he even has fun modifying his arm for various uses. Hell, he has managed to modify his arm to be a portable bondage dispenser.

Ons: Rough sex, Bondage, being verbally abused, giving verbal abuse, anal, physically depleting a female (with the aid of males), and is willing to work with almost anyone's preference.
Offs: Scat, watersports, gore

Addt'l Info: Fun fact, Joker's father gave him his middle name in homage to some band his forefathers spoke of. Legend foretells of the legendary bardic songs of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Princes of the Universe". Also, I hope this will be approved. I went on a writing tangent thinking about a scarred pilot. It's a shame I can't find good eye-patch pics with sci-fi aspects.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

MzHyde

Welcome aboard, MasterOfMyFate. Go ahead and post him in the OOC and feel free to dive on in.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: MzHyde on May 18, 2014, 09:20:28 PM
Welcome aboard, MasterOfMyFate. Go ahead and post him in the OOC and feel free to dive on in.

Yay! Thank you very much. :D
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

CopperLily

I'll be dropping this game, which should free up a spot if you still have a lady or two waiting in the wings.

I wish everyone a pleasant game.

Lisbeth

Hi all, Please let me know when you're in the market for another female character.  Or I can just put a bio together and you can give me a heads up when my CO gets assigned to a bunk.

Thanks x
I have returned from a long hiatus due to personal reasons.  Apologies for the unplanned absence.

O/Os & Braindump
Requests

Vergil Tanner

Well, I believe we've just lost 2 CO's, so if you PM Hyde, I'm sure you two can sort something out :D