Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckyLukin

Thank you for that response. I'm working on writing out my background right now and putting it in the format that was suggested. So lots of questions to answer and I tend to get detailed with my backgrounds so I've included how the parents met. XD

Flower

We are still accepting characters! We're a friendly bunch and excited to have more writers on our little side of E.

For those interested, we have a beater position open on team Ravenclaw (Quidditch). It also would be nice to fill out our upperclassmen ranks. ♥ No pressure though.  :-)

Flower

Heya!

We currently have positions open within Hogwarts which needs to be filled. Due to the importance of the positions, displayed interest in the position will not guarantee the application being chosen. This is not first come, first served, in other words. Faculty members are like other characters in the game with added responsibilities. For example, they can have scenes outside of the classroom and make personal connections. In HaF, student-professor relations in a romantic way are not allowed under any circumstance.

In addition to writing professors within regular scenes, sometimes the writer of said professor will be called upon to create classes within their professor's subject. This is not a regular occurrence (we write classes about once every few months or so) so you will not be overwhelmed. Also, we are not super strict about the layout of the class. So if you want your classroom thread to be interactive, go for it. However, if you would rather write one post and have students respond to it (without need for more interaction on your end), that's fine as well. 

Also, all faculty members from this point onward would need to have some type of connection with the current headmaster, Varius Tseric.

For some examples of the different ways classes could be set up, here's the Charms class and then our Dragonlore class.

Open Positions
Herbology
Arithmancy

If you have any questions, please send Emjay and I a message and we will be happy to answer them for you.  :-)

King Serperior

Hmmm, with my workload at a minimum I haven't seen since I first joined E, I am sorely tempted to make a DADA teacher, assuming that I won't need to be near as active with him/her as my student character would be?  I.E.  Classroom posts and important events?  If that is the case, I can begin working up something.   :-)

This will be great practice since I am planning on being a teacher myself when I am through with college.   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Caela

Thinking I am going to work on a Teacher for consideration myself.

Going to toss out a face claim for Jaimie Alexander for her and will give it up if she's not selected for one of the slots. :D

Flower

Everyone is welcome to submit a character for consideration. You would not need to write them as actively as your other characters.  :-)

Face claim noted, Caela! ;)

King Serperior

I'll make an initial face claim for Robert John Burke as a possible DADA teacher and, like Caela, give said claim up if he isn't selected.  Though, I do see him as a Herbology teacher with a strange love of the Venomous Tentacula.  :P

But chancing the DADA position is the primary focus.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Flower

seekeroftruth22

if we submitted a character and haven't been accepted yet does that mean we aren't accepted or will we get a rejection letter?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Flower

We do not reject student characters. We do however require edits to be made before they are approved. I do believe Emjay and I sent you a message with those suggested edits. If you did not receive that message, just let me know and we can send it again.   :-)

seekeroftruth22

I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Flower

King Serperior

Speaking of messages, I haven't received word about my student character's fixes.  Of course, it's likely that you two have been busy, so I am not complaining or rushing.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Flower

We did receive your edited character sheet, KS. It's in queue of those we still need to read since there are a few which arrived before yours. Sorry for the delayed response. We just like to read sheets carefully since you guys put such hard work into them. :-)

King Serperior

I figured as much.  No worries and no rush from me.  I just know that E has eaten some PMs of mine in the past.  :P

Besides, this gives me time to build my professor submission.  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

GnothiSeauton

I've got my girl fixed up and just about ready to go for resubmission, and have been thinking about my dude character...

I'm going to hold off on resubmitting though.  I know how it is to be buried with sheets lol. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Gnothi, you can definitely send in your character sheet. We will get to them eventually. That goes for everyone else as well. Don't hesitate to PM us your sheets once they are finished. We simply ask that you bear with us  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

King Serperior

:o  Gnothi!  *Tackle snugs*

In other news, there goes a DADA teacher submission.  *crosses fingers*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Flower

Thanks KS! We're doing reading character sheets (brain needs rest) for the night but thank you for your submission.  :-)

Also, a quote from some of the writers in the game:

QuoteWe need more male characters!

Who shall answer the call? xD

Caela

Sadly, the teacher I'm making is a girl. Will shoot her to you guys as soon as I work out some background with Aiden since all the new teachers have to be connected to Tseric. Other than that she's done. :)

King Serperior

Quote from: Caela on May 04, 2015, 11:37:01 PM
Sadly, the teacher I'm making is a girl. Will shoot her to you guys as soon as I work out some background with Aiden since all the new teachers have to be connected to Tseric. Other than that she's done. :)
Oh dear.....I need to talk with him regarding the teacher I made.  I just put a generic 'friend from school' sort of thing down.  >.>;

Gah!  I feel moronic!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Attractive ones with working cocks. Lol just in general.  :-)

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os