Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

**Snuggles Phaia to make her feel better. **

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Muse

*waves*.

It's a pleasure to meet you, Coffee.  Welcome to E.

Ill try to finish Mathew tonight in the wee hours but might not have time til tomorow.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ciosa

I've updated the wiki with a gear page, which now has costs for non-firearm ranged weapons, ammunition, and hand to hand weapons.

Phaia

hey ciosa

I stumbled over this list

dont know if it will help but has prices for all sorts of weapons and all doen for deadlands

http://www.oocities.org/pellinoire/RPGs/Deadlands/Deadlands-Gun-List.html

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 04:01:03 PM
hey ciosa

I stumbled over this list

dont know if it will help but has prices for all sorts of weapons and all doen for deadlands

http://www.oocities.org/pellinoire/RPGs/Deadlands/Deadlands-Gun-List.html

Phaia

I appreciate it, but I'm vying for simplicity - there's no real need to have that many options.  If there's something you really want from it, pm me with the stats and I'll make a call on it.  But the 20+ weapons that are already posted will work as a good framework for most everyone, and slight variations in model won't have a significant difference mechanically. 

Kuroneko

One saloon/brothel owner, coming up. You know, typed right.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Phaia

Ciosa I was thinking...which by now you know is never a good thing...

in the midwest and plains houses and even towns were often built using sod, where there was wood ...lumber of course was used... Here in Gomorra with all the mining I was thinking that many building would be built with stone. Plenty of stone left over from the mines and well I can see the mining compnies selling stone to build shops and houses and making extra on waste!!

[a blond thinking is often a dangerous thing!!]

Kuroneko, Lady Elisabeth is enlightened and would never hold that against you instead would applaude your ownership...'Course she is english and everyone knows how they are!!

Phaia

bubby

*Peeks in*

Someone needs to PM me about what exactly this is.

Cuz if it's like Shadowrun... I might die.

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 04:22:33 PM
Ciosa I was thinking...which by now you know is never a good thing...

in the midwest and plains houses and even towns were often built using sod, where there was wood ...lumber of course was used... Here in Gomorra with all the mining I was thinking that many building would be built with stone. Plenty of stone left over from the mines and well I can see the mining compnies selling stone to build shops and houses and making extra on waste!!

[a blond thinking is often a dangerous thing!!]

Kuroneko, Lady Elisabeth is enlightened and would never hold that against you instead would applaude your ownership...'Course she is english and everyone knows how they are!!

Phaia

Phaia, Gomorra isn't too far from the great redwoods of northern california, many of which are now dying from lack of water.  There's an abundance of cheap lumber a relatively short distance away, so lumber's by and large the easiest resource - but there are buildings made of a few different resources.

Quote from: bubby on March 01, 2013, 04:25:05 PM

*Peeks in*

Someone needs to PM me about what exactly this is.

Cuz if it's like Shadowrun... I might die.

PM enroute, bubby.

Aiden

I don't know anything about this system...but my Red Dead Redemption muse is awake and wagging her butt at the concept of this game.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Aiden on March 01, 2013, 04:38:27 PM
I don't know anything about this system...but my Red Dead Redemption muse is awake and wagging her butt at the concept of this game.

Don't worry, Aiden. I also know nothing of the system but I'm gonna give it a go anyways (:

-xSRx

Crash

Woohoo!  Agatha Dunwich, Mad Scientist had been submitted!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

esclavage

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 01, 2013, 04:39:29 PM
Don't worry, Aiden. I also know nothing of the system but I'm gonna give it a go anyways (:

-xSRx

I'll also chime in to that effect.  After I dropped my short line on Chinese pronunciation, I found myself fiddling with a character concept.  Then, a minute or so later...a PM from Ciosa.  So add me into the mix.   :-)

Hopefully, I can stay atop the posting rate of the game.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Phaia

About the closest recent movie that comes to mind Aiden is
Cowboys v Aliens but instead of aliens there are monsters [vampires, and nasty things] and magic
add in League of Extraordinary Gentleman ...shake..stir in politics and backstabbing...shake some more then stand back!!

And ya kinda have the idea of Deadlands/Doom Town/ Gomorra

Its gonna be fun especially when the ladies set out with thier morning coffee and pastery and watch things go BOOOMMM!!!

Phaia

bubby

I'll read up tomorrow and see if all y'all are worthy of the Awesome Presence of the Bubby-ness in this game.  ::)  ;D

I'll prolly need someone to dumb things down for me, much like in Shadowrun. <.<

Niferbelle

You should give it a spank >.>

Erm, you know what I mean.

Crash

Quote from: bubby on March 01, 2013, 05:06:26 PM
I'll read up tomorrow and see if all y'all are worthy of the Awesome Presence of the Bubby-ness in this game.  ::)  ;D

bubby-ness.  Yum.

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 01, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

Yes we do and we like it.

Josietta

*sways in the hammock* I'm a good bit intimidated so i'm still unsure of playing. The sheer number of players is making it a little eye boggling too..

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Crash

Josi - Just think western horrow with a litte steampunk thrown in if you want it.

As for players, every game has a drop off after start up.  It's good to start with more.  We would be happy to have you with us.

Aiden

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 01, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

Character concepts already sent!

Kokaine

Quote from: Josietta on March 01, 2013, 05:25:33 PM
*sways in the hammock* I'm a good bit intimidated so i'm still unsure of playing. The sheer number of players is making it a little eye boggling too..

*pokes the hammock* Awww... come play kitten xD

Aannnd a Miss Isobel Harley Montoya Marquez, better known as Harley, has been submitted!
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

Quote from: Kokaine on March 01, 2013, 05:50:24 PM
Aannnd a Miss Isobel Harley Montoya Marquez, better known as Harley, has been submitted!

[should be finished by tonight sometime just mostly plugging things into the sheet now and double checking numbers]

Pleased too you  meet Miss Harley

*slight curtsy* Lady Elisabeth Anne Maria Boyle at your service [proper english accent of course]

Phaia

Josietta

Quote from: Kokaine on March 01, 2013, 05:50:24 PM
*pokes the hammock* Awww... come play kitten xD

*Drags Kokaine and Aiden into her Hammock*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Crash

Agatha Dunwich Approved!!!!    ;D >:) ;D

Kokaine

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
[should be finished by tonight sometime just mostly plugging things into the sheet now and double checking numbers]

Pleased too you  meet Miss Harley

*slight curtsy* Lady Elisabeth Anne Maria Boyle at your service [proper english accent of course]

Phaia

*Harley tips hat and smiles*

Pleased to meet ya, Ma'am.

Quote from: Josietta on March 01, 2013, 05:58:58 PM
*Drags Kokaine and Aiden into her Hammock*

*snugs the Josi-love*
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os