Tavern of Ghosts

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

He... er... did tell us who he was.  Back in the votes for sheriff, he stated very plainly that either he or Kaz would be safe choices.  :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Xillen

Quote from: Rhapsody on June 19, 2009, 05:16:57 AM
He... er... did tell us who he was.  Back in the votes for sheriff, he stated very plainly that either he or Kaz would be safe choices.  :)

That's exactly the circling around without outright saying it that makes you a suspect.

Avi

How is it circling around? :P  I'm not going to outright say we're Soulmates, because that would instantly make us targets, and if I say "Don't vote for me, I'm a peasant..." well, the wolves do the same thing.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Ryven

You might get eaten, but it's strategy.  If a peasant or soulmate gets eaten, you actually protect the 'special' roles for another night.  I'd much rather see a soulmate eaten than the seer or guardian.

Xillen

Quote from: Avi on June 19, 2009, 11:11:05 AMHow is it circling around? :P  I'm not going to outright say we're Soulmates, because that would instantly make us targets

Actually, if you don't outright say it but drop hints, people might guess it, and the werewolves know you're not werewolves, so they still know you're the soulmates. Ergo, you are still going to get eaten, but the peasants don't trust you on top.

And as Ryven said, yeah, there's a good chance that you get targeted, but this also increases the chance the guardian makes the right choice. And it beats losing a seer or guardian.

Trieste

And the soulmates are essentially bait anyway. If I were a wolf, I'd honestly ignore them, since they can't do anything to interfere with lunch.

Oh, and Avi, you totally missed SW in the SB.

Xillen

Quote from: Trieste on June 19, 2009, 12:21:41 PMAnd the soulmates are essentially bait anyway. If I were a wolf, I'd honestly ignore them, since they can't do anything to interfere with lunch.

Then you're totally underestimating the power of a villager who is proven not to be a werewolf :)

Trieste

They're not proven until and unless one dies.

Scott

I kinda think the best strategy for soulmates is to forget they are soulmates and just try to steer the voting away from each other until the later rounds. 

Trieste

I don't know. I don't know that anyone has really played the soulmate thing well yet, but I haven't seen anyone play seer really well yet either. Jury's still out on priest and alchemist.

Avi

I definitely like the addition of the new werewolf roles, though.  Those add some variety to the proceedings, for sure.

Xillen

Quote from: Avi on June 19, 2009, 01:23:40 PMI definitely like the addition of the new werewolf roles, though.  Those add some variety to the proceedings, for sure.

Hehe, yeap. They make it a lot more complex. Think you can trust people but you can't really trust them. Same with Cupid.

Quote from: Scott on June 19, 2009, 12:43:07 PMI kinda think the best strategy for soulmates is to forget they are soulmates and just try to steer the voting away from each other until the later rounds.

It's certainly not a bad strategy, but it makes the role kind of useless.

Quote from: Trieste on June 19, 2009, 12:33:59 PMThey're not proven until and unless one dies.

Really now? What would happen if two people would be claiming soulmates?

A) They really are the soulmates.

B) They're on the peasants side, but not the soulmates. That's basically just stupid play, as you're just adding to the confusion. (Remember, all the werewolves know their allies, so any additional confusion is just a hindrance to the peasants.

C) They're two werewolves trying to get in the clear. Now if this would happen, the real soulmates could come out, and call their bluff. There's a chance that one soulmate gets lynched first as the villagers just guess wrong, but two werewolves will die just to take out the soulmates. That's a great deal.

So, basically, when two people claim to be the soulmates, there's a very good chance that they actually are.

LadySky

*bows to the might of Xillen*   ::)
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Trieste

Quote from: Xillen on June 19, 2009, 08:28:25 PM
Really now?

Yes, really, because even in your own example, someone dies. xD

Desan

*Randomly humps Trieste*

Whoops.

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Trieste

*enjoys it*

Wait... non-adult! No interesting wolf-y things here.  :'(

Avi

*chuckles, handing them both an ale, moving behind the bar to be the bartender*

Desan

Quote from: Trieste on June 19, 2009, 10:04:19 PM
*enjoys it*

Wait... non-adult! No interesting wolf-y things here.  :'(

Oh snap you're right.

Whoops...
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Marguerite

This is taking longer to get people to vote than it is to kill someone.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Rockin

Quote from: Trieste on June 19, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
Yes, really, because even in your own example, someone dies. xD

while it should be known we can't save everyone, even when they claim, what's important is that we limit the deaths as much as possible.

LadySky

Are you serious Rockin? I mean, this is Werewolves of Miller's Hollow!

The whole point is to kill and mame as many as possible and since you are so well read with the previous games you should know that Xillen always kills everybody in horrible ways after the game is finished anyways!

The point of this game is to KILL!  *quirks eyebrow at Rockin in confusion*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rockin

Quote from: LadySky on June 20, 2009, 12:00:12 AM
Are you serious Rockin? I mean, this is Werewolves of Miller's Hollow!

The whole point is to kill and mame as many as possible and since you are so well read with the previous games you should know that Xillen always kills everybody in horrible ways after the game is finished anyways!

The point of this game is to KILL!  *quirks eyebrow at Rockin in confusion*

Actually, I only read the ending of the last game, and saw peasants got owned by orces as well as the women being taken captive as their slaves (I bet you co-operated.... LOL jk).

While yes, we're suppose to kill and slaughter, it's good that we don't slaughter EACHOTHER. Instead, we focus on killing the wolves so we can have bragging rights...right before we get killed by another force XD

Scott

Actually, Rockin's right. The only one that lived or wasn't turned into ho was the last wolf standing. 

Marguerite

Aha! Maeven was a werewolf!
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

LadySky

One down! That was a rather nasty battle of votes! *plops down exhausted on the ghostly couch*