X-Men Joining the Class (dakabn & WolfWhisper)

Started by dakabn, July 13, 2011, 03:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakabn

Lena looked up at the sky and sighed. Her chestnut hair waved in the wind as her blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Her skin was freckled, and new freckles formed as she stood there in the warm sun. Especially about her bare shoulders as she wore a halter top. It wasn't her style at all, but it was the only style of modest shirt she could wear anymore. She did have to admit she liked the flowy bit that came down over her jean-covered hips.

Her wings fluttered slightly. They were still fairly new and the skin on her back and beneath the feathers was still quite tender and bruised due the wings having formed. She wasn't born with them. Nor had they didn't develop slowly, allowing her body to adjust. She woke up one day with aches and over the weekend, she was visited by this strange man in a wheelchair. The next thing she knew, she was in a room with an IV. It wasn't really a hospital, but she was too drugged up on painkillers to care.

By Monday, they were able to wean her off and just as she barely got past the fogginess, they introduced her to the surreality of it all. She was a mutant. They were sure to exclaim that it wasn't a bad thing, but the rest of the population had an issue with it. She'd be safe here.

Still, it felt like prison.

She always daydreamed about adventure and as the realization of the fact that she could fly crept into her mind, the reality of adventure excited her. However, she was warned to take it slow. Her wings formed quickly and their muscles as well as the muscles in her back were still healing, as well as other bits like bones and skin. New nerves needed to be allowed to form connections.

But deciding that she knew her body better than anyone else, she took to flapping. It felt awkward and she couldn't seem to control her wings the way she wanted. Not to mention, the mere use of the muscles exhausted her. She let herself fall to her knees on the green lawn as her wings rested limply on her back onto the grass.

WolfWhisper

The sun seemed bright for this one particular mutant as it seemed to flutter through her bedroom window. The girl rolled over sighing as she new she wouldn't be able to hide from the sun. Faye was fairly new to this place that surrounded her. She had only been here for about two days and didn't quite enjoy being surrounded by so many people, but what other choice did she have. She was forced to go into hiding after she had been chased from her own country. Faye had develop her powers at a young age of ten. Her parents were mutants just as well and taught her some control. Till one night left this child an orphan at the age of fifteen. Humans had came at the night and killed her parents as she barely escaped. Now at the age of sixteen she finally found the place she was looking for. She ended up on the mansion's doorstep two nights ago which made it a Saturday.

She kept herself hidden from the others. Since the death of her parents almost a year ago she had secluded herself and didn't hang around with large crowds. All she knew was this place was suppose to help her in her powers and protect her from the outside world. Jumping out of bed and erasing her thoughts on the past she got dress. Putting on a pair of Army Digital Camo pants and a tan tank-top along with her pair of black combat boots. No one knew her background or even her powers but Faye had the mood that told everyone to leave her alone. Brushing her raven black hair into a ponytail she left her room heading outside. Once outside Faye saw a female with wings trying to flap. She was just going to ignore her when she watched the girl collapse to her knees. Something inside of her made her walk over to the her. "Hey, You all right?"Faye spoke her voice held a lace of Irish in it as her emerald green eyes watched.
"No matter how many lives I live.... I will never forget
No matter how many deaths I die... I will never regret"

dakabn

"Yea..." She wasn't really, but no one could help her anyway, so why bother? She didn't look up, but took a deep breath, among the still heaving breaths as her body tried to replenish oxygen from her excursion.

WolfWhisper

Faye could here the girl lying. She shook her head thinking about walking away but if the girl said she was fine then who was Faye to mess with her. Something in her gut didn't want her to leave as she sighed lightly. Calling the element Light to her palm she touched the girl's wings and tried to heal her somewhat that she can. Faye knew if she used the elements in a certain way she could use them to heal but never tried it on another person.

dakabn

Lena scooted away and glared at Faye. Her parents weren't mutants. They didn't even believe they existed. There were rumors, but nothing of solid evidence yet. However, the idea of them disgusted her parents. And being their child, trusting their judgement, they disgusted her too.

Which is what made this so much harder. Even with the idea of flight, she was disgusted with herself.

"Let me heal naturally, please." Yet, she was starting to think outside her parents' box as she looked at the girl. "Thank you anyway for wanting to help."

WolfWhisper

Faye easily did what the female wanted. She let her hand drop to her side as she released her hold on the Light. She took a step away from her and didn't say anything for a moment. She felt the wind blow slightly and blinked the last bit of her drowsiness away. Not fully awake she paid attention to her surroundings hearing a few students walking around. Still she doesn't trust anyone here not after the uneventful attack on her parents. Faye just nodded slightly to the girls Thank You.

dakabn

Lena stood and sighed, "Have they tested you yet?" Lena was told that she could rest and such this week, but Monday, they'd test her to see where to start her on her lessons. There seemed to be something they weren't saying. They were exchanging smirks.

WolfWhisper

"No they haven't. I've been here for two days. I'm not really the social type so I pretty much been avoiding the teachers and the Professor."Faye said slipping her hands into her pockets. What she said was true. She didn't trust the adults more than she did the other students. After everything happening not so long ago her trust level is really low. She didn't know why she was still here talking to the female before her. "I'm Faye Greyson."She told the winged mutant since they haven't quite introduced each other.

dakabn

"I'm Lena." She folded her wings back to her back and rolled her shoulders uncomfortably. "We might want to get back inside for dinner."

WolfWhisper

"Dinner isn't ready yet they will come get us once it is. Plus I don't eat with everyone else."Faye said looking back at the school. She now seen almost all the students wandering around chatting among each other.

WolfWhisper

dakabn

Lena crosses her arms, "So why are you talking to me?"

WolfWhisper

Faye cocked her head to the side in thought. "I... I don't know."The Irish person spoke lightly not being able to really answer. "If you don't mind me asking. What made you end up at the school?"She asked deciding to take a seat on the warm grass beneath her. She made sure she sat near a shaded tree cause the sun was too bright for her eyes as it seemed.

dakabn

Lena tilted her head. Wasn't it obvious? "You do see the wings, don't you?"

WolfWhisper

"Of course I do."Faye snapped slightly at the girl's remark. It was one of her unhealthy attitudes was the fact of her snapping. "I meant did someone drop you off here or did you run away?"She said calming herself down when she noticed the wind started to pick up slightly.

dakabn

"They picked me up. I think." She pouted a bit, "It's a bit of a fog."

WolfWhisper

"Oh. I ran away looking for this place. My parents were both mutants. About a year ago My parents were murdered by this group of humans."Faye spoke as the word humans came out in disgust.

dakabn

"I'm sorry." She looked at the girl in sympathy,  but was otherwise lost for words.

WolfWhisper

Faye was calm as she spoke" Don't feel sorry for me. I don't accept pity or sympathy. Like I said I came here two days ago and one reason for me ignoring everyone is because I don't want anyone giving me Sympathy. I don't like other people feeling bad for me." With saying that Faye went quiet.

dakabn

"Then what do you want?" She crossed her arms and looked at her seriously.

wolvenrogue

I was invited to join this role play by Dakabn.
Wolvenrogue is a werewolf. When in his human state, his blood has the power of instant healing when exposed to the air. When angered or at the full moon, he reverts to is wolven state and gains immense strength, but will not self heal. He can only return to his human state by the sympathetic touch of a female. he posses a keen sense of smell and the ability to sense a persons intent by reading pheromones.

He woke troubled. He breathed deep reading the air. Some one, a female, was troubled, deeply troubled. He followed the scent to the garden. At first he found the fairy like creature, no she was not the one.... then he saw her huddled up by the tree, keeping to herself. He sensed her fear, her dispair and her hostility. She was clearly wounded but not physically. He watched her from a distance. What had happened in her past he wondered. Slowly, silently he approached her.  Your new here aren't you? I'm Wolvenrogue.