SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Okay, 'wares/Adept powers, or being an elf (since they are the only race who get a bonus to Agile).

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 10:44:18 PM
Okay, 'wares/Adept powers, or being an elf (since they are the only race who get a bonus to Agile).

Oh, yes. To raise the Agile Attribute Descriptor beyond X2, you would need cyberware or adept powers to do this, or be an elf with the agile racial bonus.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

undisclosedtoyou

So if my Hanna is an elf with adept powers, she can have an agile descriptor of x4?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 11:15:38 PM
So if my Hanna is an elf with adept powers, she can have an agile descriptor of x4?

Yes, you could. As an Elf you get Agilex1 as a racial bonus.
So you could either spend 1 Attribute point in Agile and 2 Magic points in Improved Physical Attribute (Agile), or you could spend 3 Magic points in Improved Physical Attribute (Agile) thus raising your Agile to Agilex4.
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Awesome sauce!  You give me a lot to think over, thank you!  :D
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 11:24:06 PM
Awesome sauce!  You give me a lot to think over, thank you!  :D

You're welcome. It's what I'm here for. :)
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

I like going through what gear she's going to have though, it's like shopping, except it's not real money I'm spending and it's not a real product...>.>

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 11:40:25 PM
I like going through what gear she's going to have though, it's like shopping, except it's not real money I'm spending and it's not a real product...>.>

Spoken like a true woman. :P ::runs::
The Oath of The Drake

Michael Corvus

Just a note to everyone... I'm not sure if this was included anywhere on the wiki so I'll say it here now, just in case (Since it's occurred to me) in the hopes that if anyone is doing this hopefully I can catch before you spend too much time on your character sheet.

We don't want anyone to be one of the best or most highly sought after runners. They can be damn good at what they do when it comes to jobs (if they have jobs) their magic, weapons, and skills and such. That being said, everyone who has a runner character should either be new to Shadowrunning or relatively new. Meaning they can be good at what they do and with what they have, but they're not going to have the shadow rep or street cred as a runner just yet. They're just breaking into the Shadow biz, more ore less. Becoming one of the best or most highly sought after ... whatever...  will come with role play and with experience in the shadows, which will include the runs that the characters do in game. That make sense?
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Psh, *Throws a brush at you.*

Oooh, Hanna is getting a chameleon suit, just throwing that out there, lmao. 

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 11:47:00 PM
Just a note to everyone... I'm not sure if this was included anywhere on the wiki so I'll say it here now, just in case (Since it's occurred to me) in the hopes that if anyone is doing this hopefully I can catch before you spend too much time on your character sheet.

We don't want anyone to be one of the best or most highly sought after runners. They can be damn good at what they do when it comes to jobs (if they have jobs) their magic, weapons, and skills and such. That being said, everyone who has a runner character should either be new to Shadowrunning or relatively new. Meaning they can be good at what they do and with what they have, but they're not going to have the shadow rep or street cred as a runner just yet. They're just breaking into the Shadow biz, more ore less. Becoming one of the best or most highly sought after ... whatever...  will come with role play and with experience in the shadows, which will include the runs that the characters do in game. That make sense?

This...enables me to create a more flawed character!  Love it!!  Also, saves me from worrying about  a lot of things.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Cold Heritage

Is it okay if my character is vaguely experienced in shadowrunning but is still explicitly scrub-tier?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 02, 2013, 11:48:47 PM
Psh, *Throws a brush at you.*

::Catches the brush with my wired reflexes before running the brush through my hair:: Thanks.

Oooh, Hanna is getting a chameleon suit, just throwing that out there, lmao.

Awesome. Nice and tight... formfitting. ::Waggles brows::

This...enables me to create a more flawed character!  Love it!!  Also, saves me from worrying about  a lot of things.

Exactly!  ;D
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, starting out established will be no fun at all. I'm planning on massive raw talent (Charismatic x4), but low (1x or 2x) actual Negotiation skill, since my character is new to Running without much practice. The Karma advancement will let me reflect the experience I get in-game as my street cred goes up.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 11:51:34 PM
::Catches the brush with my wired reflexes before running the brush through my hair:: Thanks.

Awesome. Nice and tight... formfitting. ::Waggles brows::

Exactly!  ;D

Hahahaha, hey didn't your mama ever tell you not to share brushes and hats with other people?!  Hahaha, joke.

And mhm, it'll leave nothing to the imagination...literally. Bwahahahahaa

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 02, 2013, 11:51:32 PM
Is it okay if my character is vaguely experienced in shadowrunning but is still explicitly scrub-tier?

Good question. 

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 11:57:35 PM
Yeah, starting out established will be no fun at all. I'm planning on massive raw talent (Charismatic x4), but low (1x or 2x) actual Negotiation skill, since my character is new to Running without much practice. The Karma advancement will let me reflect the experience I get in-game as my street cred goes up.

Mhm, and mine with be an physical adept, which will help with her breaking into the shadowrunning game, but that will have to compensate for her lack of knowledge in other areas.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 02, 2013, 11:57:35 PM

Outstanding! That should be fun to Role play! :D
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Especially since he's a troll, the last person you'd expect to be negotiating with anything except a really big gun.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 02, 2013, 11:51:32 PM

Yes, this is okay. My guy, Devil, for example... he's a self contracting bounty hunter who has also done work as a bouncer at a club or two. He's recently started dabbling in shadowrunning, but he's still a rookie and learning the ropes of it all. He has no street cred as a runner yet, so no one really knows who he is yet nor seeks him out to hire him for a run. He's a nobody in the shadows.... for now.  >:)
The Oath of The Drake

Cold Heritage

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 12:01:14 AM
Especially since he's a troll, the last person you'd expect to be negotiating with anything except a really big gun.

I sort of wonder if characters should recognize that your character is a troll and apply those stereotypes to him. The basic physical distinction of giants is being more than ten feet tall, isn't it? They don't have the tusks, horns, and dermal growths, do they?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 12:01:14 AM

*Cough*<insert dirty suggestion about his really big gun here>*cough*

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 02, 2013, 11:47:00 PM

Corvus, going to take a reverse angle on this.  What of a corporate wagemage whose job it was to thwart shadowrunners now joining the little guys on the street?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 03, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
Corvus, going to take a reverse angle on this.  What of a corporate wagemage whose job it was to thwart shadowrunners now joining the little guys on the street?

Will have to confer with Lunar on this one. Will get back to you.
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 03, 2013, 12:10:00 AM
I sort of wonder if characters should recognize that your character is a troll and apply those stereotypes to him. The basic physical distinction of giants is being more than ten feet tall, isn't it? They don't have the tusks, horns, and dermal growths, do they?

Huh, that's not a bad point, but yeah - Giants are even bigger than normal trolls, they don't have tusks or horns or dermal bone growths - though they do have very long and pointy noses, apparently. He might look more human than the average troll, but he's still close to twelve feet tall, and the only metahumans that get that big are trolls...so it could be 'troll but not as bad', or 'troll so freakish he can't even look like a troll should', and very rarely 'giant, weird German troll breed'.

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 12:11:50 AM
*Cough*<insert dirty suggestion about his really big gun here>*cough*

"Speak softly and carry a big stick'. Guess where he carries his big stick? :P

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 03, 2013, 12:18:03 AM
Will have to confer with Lunar on this one. Will get back to you.

Okay.  Please do.  Considering the general setup for my character - combat mage with high amounts of skill - it either means he's been doing his job for some time (IE spellslinging) or is a relative prodigy at it (considering that skills cap out at 4 and where his skill level is).

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 12:18:24 AM
Huh, that's not a bad point, but yeah - Giants are even bigger than normal trolls, they don't have tusks or horns or dermal bone growths - though they do have very long and pointy noses, apparently. He might look more human than the average troll, but he's still close to twelve feet tall, and the only metahumans that get that big are trolls...so it could be 'troll but not as bad', or 'troll so freakish he can't even look like a troll should', and very rarely 'giant, weird German troll breed'.

I would imagine that the variant races would be known of throughout the world, so he would be recognized as a Giant and the racial prejudice would be somewhere along the same lines, if not more so, for a Giant in Seattle. But again, this is something Lunar and I will discuss and get back to you on. :)
The Oath of The Drake