News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Removing Items from Updated Topics

Started by Karma, January 09, 2009, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I really wish I could do this. Sorry if this has been posted... since I think about it so much, I might have even posted it before. xP In anycase, it would be cool. No clue if it's possible or not.

Trieste

People have expressed interest in a permanent "mark read" option, and I have to say that I agree.

As it stands, though, there is currently none, and to my knowledge there currently are not plans for one in the near future.

Will

If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Paradox

I didn't even bother posting in the most recent incarnation of the Hotbox for this exact reason.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

DOORMAT GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ah, er, ahem.

Paradox

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

>_> Who is it you think you're talking to? XD

Paradox

YOUR FACE

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 02, 2009, 05:44:16 PM

Paradox-Social Butterfly, Straightshooter
Karmatrik-Social Butterfly, Friendly

She dubbed us both "social butterflies", yet neither of us truly identify ourselves in that way.

I go where I wanna. If that makes me a butterfly, whatevs!

Cecilia

Actually, this is the reason why I have never posted in the Hotbox or doormat...and there are a few threads that I'm wishing I'd never posted in....I rejoice when they  dry up and die.

Haibane

Why don't you just click on the thread, then click on the notify tab and when it prompts you, click 'yes' (or it might be 'ok'). Then notifications of new posts cease and the thread is removed from your watched threads list.

Paradox

I think that's a different function, Haibane. They're referring to the button near the top of the screen that says "Show new replies to your posts."

Haibane

Ah. OK. I have never used that function and can agree it looks rather dangerous since it will spew out lots of junk you don't want...  :-[

I tend to just denotify myself of everything I no longer want to read.

Karma, why not... just do that? ;)

Will

At least on "Show new replies," the threads disappear (temporarily) after you look at them.  Marking every thread I was even remotely interested in would make My Topics humongous, and I would never do that without some kind of subgroup function to make it more manageable. :)
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Maeven

What I've been doing lately is just clicking on the boards and marking entire boards read.

Like forum games, adult socializing, intro archives etc.  It beats clicking each individually.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Paradox

There's a handy little button on the main Forum Index page, at the very bottom right (right under the Extreme section) called "Mark All Messages As Read". It marks every topic on the entire site as read.

Trieste

No, but you read the threads you want to read, then mark the rest unread. Works very well when you have your stories caught up.

Yeah, but the Doormat and Hotbox will come back up in 10 minutes, no problem. I've given up trying to clear them since they just come right back.

Trieste

Yeah, they're sort of there. I know people who remove their posts from threads they don't want to see on updated topics ... and for the doormat, if you can find all your posts, it probably would be okay because, you know, nobody looks in the back pages. :P

I haven't posted to the current Hotbox for that precise reason.

That's not a bad idea... I'll look into that!

Dawg

Quote from: Trieste on January 21, 2009, 11:24:33 AM
I haven't posted to the current Hotbox for that precise reason.

* Hacks Trieste's account and logs into the Hotbox III while she isn't looking - sneaks  off  *

*snickers*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Trieste

Bad Dawg! *brandishes rolled up newspaper*

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI