News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Monty Python

Started by Spookie Monster, October 09, 2009, 05:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

40 years (1,262,278,080 seconds, 0.4 century)...

Monty Python - The Funniest Joke In The World

Many, many thanks to the Pythons, who've certainly made my life a better one.  Does anybody have any favorite sketches?

Spel

We've had forty years... what a surprise!
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

MasterMischief

Man!  Anything from Quest for the Holy Grail.  Does anything derail a role playing game faster than a reference to that movie?

The Parrot Sketch
The Royal Society for Putting Things On Top of Other Things
Argument Clinic

HairyHeretic

The sci fi sketch, where the entire population of England are turned into Scotsmen by alien blancmanges.
(This one lasted almost an entire episode)

The 'How not to be seen' film
How Not To Be Seen

The Four Yorkshiremen
Four Yorkshiremen

The stoning scene, because no one can rant like John Clease  ;D
Stoning

and Biggus Dickus from the Life of Brian
Biggus Dickus

Pretty much the entire Holy Grail :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MasterMischief

How could I have forgotten the "How Not To Be Seen" sketch?!

HairyHeretic

Thus proving the effectiveness of the sketch in question :)

You didn't spot it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MasterMischief

Kurzyk

Yay! Happy Birthday Monty Python.

Biggus Dickus is hilarious. I heard that either was improvised or the guards were seeing it for the first time during filming. At one point you can see Michael Palin almost losing it.

Lady Annabelle

All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Kurzyk on October 14, 2009, 11:25:39 AM
Biggus Dickus is hilarious. I heard that either was improvised or the guards were seeing it for the first time during filming. At one point you can see Michael Palin almost losing it.

The Marx Brothers used to do that. There are times when you watch the films you can see the support actors looking puzzled. That's because they've tossed the script and are improvising.

Apparently that's where Harpos trademark silence came from. He had lines, completely blanked, improvised the dummy routine, and it was that much funnier he kept it from then on.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies!  Those are indeed some great sketches.  (Maybe it would be easier to list the sketches that weren't 'great' and were simply 'pretty good'...)

Quote from: Khelek on October 14, 2009, 11:25:39 AMBiggus Dickus is hilarious. I heard that either was improvised or the guards were seeing it for the first time during filming. At one point you can see Michael Palin almost losing it.

Mmm -- Michael Palin himself talks a bit about that in the commentary for Life of Brian.  Interesting stuff!

Thanks again!

Spel

Laughed so much my face was wet...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~