Black Tokyo! Well, this is for the crew I summoned with my pervy powers.

Started by Chris Brady, February 16, 2008, 09:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Khayin on February 19, 2008, 04:22:16 PM
Apologies for the delay in sounding off.

Hikari, Reshki and Whately managed to capture my ideals better than I could have expressed myself, especially on the concept of employing sexuality in terms of character identity.  Masato is the first "bruiser" type I've played and it's primarily for the chance to explore the more ferocious and violently carnal side of sexuality (emotionally, of course -- not just gory) for good and ill.  Of course, his desire to keep from becoming the monster he is inside means that he's set up rather well for a terrible fall.  He fears hurting the ones he cares for, but he has so much anger that it's just a matter of time.  Eventually, he'll decide to take this out directly on the real monsters -- then he won't hold back anymore.

I'd also like to echo the notion that while characters would definitely be disturbed and probably hurt by all the awful things that will happen to them, it should never be something that absolutely ruins them.

But, yeah -- everything said so far has been pure gold.  I'm extremely excited about the story.

Rant #2:  (This is relevant to the above post)
Rape is, even more than most sex, about power and control.  It's about making decisions for someone else.  This ties in pretty interestingly with the madonna/whore dichotomy I was referencing above.  A lot of women get trapped in what society tells them, that they shouldn't want sex if they're "good girls."  This is why so many girls with strict christian upbringings end up having rape fantasies - it essentially is a play where they get to have sex without the moral stain of consenting to sex for pleasure (yes, I realize this is not universal, and I think we all know that rape fantasies don't have much to do with real-world rape, etc. etc.)  Essentially, it lets them have the pleasure without having to take responsibility for the decision.  Somewhere out there is a girl with that problem turned up to eleven, anime-style.  She has incredibly oppressive parents, she has been taught her whole life that sex is naughty and dirty, that she has to be a Good Girl, and that boys only want one thing.  She may even have an equally-pure boyfriend, who just can't wait to marry her six or so years from now, so they can be husband and wife.  Ideally, this girl is going to realize, subconsciously, the tightrope that Masato is walking, and start trying to get him to fall off.  She can't ask him out, she can't be his girlfriend.  She can't flirt with him or show him that she likes him.  But she wants him, because she knows on some level he'll make the decision for her.  All she can do is keep trying to be around him, accidentally end up alone with him, fall and flash her panties, somehow run into him when she's soaking wet in the rain(that cute white uniform blouse turned tragically transparent) and he just happens to have an umbrella, etc.  Until he snaps, which is what she really wants.

That's the kind of "extra" PC we need, btw.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Stattick

Quote from: WyzardWhately on February 19, 2008, 04:22:52 PMStattick:  I'll keep you in mind when we start needing people.

Thnx...

Ok, just a quick reference to the genre conventions vs the game mechanics of d20 for you to think about. I'm wondering if it might not be a good thing for you to graft some sort of social or "willpower" type of hit points for this game. The sort of thing that once it has been depleated, that the character will submitt or give in to whatever it is that is trying to break down his or her will without the PC being bludgeoned half to death... I don't know d20 well enough to know if something like that could be easily added though.

Quote from: WyzardWhatelyThat's the kind of "extra" PC we need, btw.

I can probably potray something like that. However, I think that it should probably be at least a couple of weeks before you bring in any "support" PC's, if you ever do. I think that because of the unique nature of this type of playing, that the PC's need time to get comfortable w/ ea other and the GM before introducing "support" type PC's. That's just an opinion mind you, and I could be wrong...
O/O   A/A

Chris Brady

Okay, good stuff.  Gives me plot and stuff to throw out.

Here's my new take on the setting.

As you know Black Tokyo is along side of the 'real' Tokyo, one of separate, and not-so-separate realms where everything is exaggerated and dark.  The key point is that the real world has links to it.  Portals where people slip into and fall.  And true to nature it doesn't care who it takes in.  The innocent, the vile, the pure or the debase.  All are welcome in there.

Those traveling to the other side, however, is much rarer.

Now, the setup is that at the current school, of which I'm looking for a name, there have been students disappearing late at night, during after school activities, with some of them having been returned violated, but alive.  However, the returned don't seem to think that they actually left the school...

The police are baffled, students are scared, but none want to leave, because until recently, it's where all the best come from.  The record of employment or attending good universities beats any other school in the prefecture.

A few changes, a lot of the Forum rule breaking monsters are gone.  Okay, ALL of them are gone.  The Ironclub Oni do NOT have a female species (Makes them less Hentai to do so in my mind.)  Kitsune can hide their tails in full human form, but the mirror flaw stays.  And as everyone pointed out death won't as pervasive as it seems to be in the book.

Other than that, I think we're good to go!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

WyzardWhately

Can I get a clarification of what monsters would break forum rules, and why?  Essentially, I'd like to have our boundaries set out in a forthright manner before we get started.

Edit:  we should also all take this opportunity to post our personal boundaries, etc.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

Mostlyjoe

All I ask if I have the freedom to be heroic with out being belittled by the setting for trying. I can provide the pathos and cheesiness enough to take care of the rest. Beyond that, follow the forum guidelines and you have free license to screw with my head. And I'll have my character still have ties to his old kendo club at the school so I have a reason to be there.
Motivated goofball at your service.

AstraKiseki

I want mind-fuckery and just plain insaneness.  The site limits are ze limit.   ;D

Chris Brady

PC races as NPC's.

Akaname - Undead with fetish for bodily wastes.

Koropokkuru - are OK, except the over beastiality.

Ohaguro - Undead.

The nasty nasties.

Sazae-Oni - cuz I just don't like the concept.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Reshki

Quote from: Mostlyjoe on February 19, 2008, 05:22:08 PM
And I'll have my character still have ties to his old kendo club at the school so I have a reason to be there.

Which is a good link for Jessi to know him.

Khayin

I want taboos broken.  The site limits are the only thing to consider as far as I'm concerned.

WyzardWhately

Quote from: AstraKiseki on February 19, 2008, 05:23:35 PM
I want mind-fuckery and just plain insaneness.  The site limits are ze limit.   ;D

Well, as soon as Matt gets Charm Person...

Incidentally, I have no idea how his personal ethics are going to shape up.  That's probably going to depend a great deal on the course of events in-game, and the influence the other PCs have on him.

Chris Brady

Alright, now that, that's out of the way, time to think of a good starting post.

Chris Brady