What are you listening to right now? (Part 1)

Started by Lirliel, May 17, 2005, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caustic

Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Amberghylles

Juke Joint Jezebel - Mortal Kombat Soundtrack

Bliss

Feist, 1-2-3-4 (moodlift!)

Then

Guns & Roses, Nove,ber Rain (moodcrash!)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Amberghylles

Caustic

Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Amberghylles

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Amberghylles on February 06, 2008, 11:31:15 AM
It Is Pitch Dark - MC Frontalot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE

cool Geek Rap ;D

Traveling Wilburys - End Of The Line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSL4Eqpm9l4

can't get better that
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Caustic

Silversun Pickups, "Little Lover's So Polite".

TheWolf

Sick Puppies - "Cancer"

Followed by:

Sick Puppies - "Pitiful"

And at some point:

Paramore - "Misery Business"

Don't ask me why, just sparked my interest...  Considering I'm a die-hard Classic Rock fan, this is a little new school for my usual tastes...  And yet...  Here I am...  :)

List Of Current Threads
List Of Ons & Offs

Wondering if I'd be interested?  PM me!

Caustic

Weezer, "Say It Ain't So". 

Next up is to be, The Jim Carroll Band, "People"

Caustic

rainshadow

Got country radio on right now... it's a Lara White song at the moment.

But a few minutes ago they played "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" by Big & Rich... one of my favorites!
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Caustic

"Jerry Was a Racecar Driver," Primus just ended.  Next up... Concrete Blonde, "God Is a Bullet"

Bliss

Ben Harper - Steal My Kisses

Followed by

Paolo Nutini - Last Request
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caustic

Swervedriver, "Duress".  Funny story behind this one. I heard it on a college station when I was in high school, going through a very difficult time... I didn't know the name of the song, and it took me until after grad school to find the actual song recorded because I wasn't entirely sure who recorded it.  But there I was, a punky 16-year-old brat, driving my sister's car without her permission, parked down by the school's practice fields because I'd run out of destinations.  I watched the sunset and listened to the whole song, dreaming of the day that I'd be free to make my own way, for better or for worse.

OK, clearly, that song's over now, it's now Rancid, "Ruby Soho".

Amberghylles

I Will Never by Dream Evil

next

A parody of Barbie Girl done by the Bart and grounds keeper Willie from the Simpsons in German...

Caustic

"John Finn's Wife", Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Bliss

I was a junior and he was senior and he lay on his back and I was pressed against his side for warmth, because even in july seaside air is cold at night when the wind blows, and the sand was cool like glas gets cool after the sun is gone and he was staring up at the stars and I could se  the lighthouse glitter on the rippling water and it was one of the few perfect moments as I sang against the beat of his heart,

Satellite by Dave Matthews Band.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Scratch

strangely made

Stripped- Rammestein

(A group so Wagneresk they'll be commissioned to write the theme tune for World War III)

Bliss

Bob Marley - Three Little Birds

It's the stuff of a million summertime drives with my father, windows rolled down for the hot wind in our hair and the tape playing endlessly between errands to hardware stores and fishing suppliers and my grandparents house and the ice cream shop that had the only soft vanilla in cherry dip that ever tasted right.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Scratch

Free Radicals
The flaming lips

Probably one of the best live shows I've ever seen, or ever will