Sigil Prep

Started by kongming, April 17, 2007, 02:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

OK!
Any further information you could supply re: hengeyokai would be nice.  Alas, I have only the three ver 3.0 core books to work with.  (and thus wu jen are a mystery to me, barely remembered from the old Oriental Adventures first ed books, which I never owned...)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Hengeyokai are intelligent, shapechanging animals.  Most of them are chaotic, with a strong independent streak, and they rarely fit into human communities.  They're commonly adventurers, and often display personality traits similar to their animal type.

There's more flavor text than that, but that's the gist of it.

(Don't worry about the wu jen, by the way.  You couldn't really play one without full access to Complete Arcane, since they have so many spells only found there.  If you're not multiclassing, your favored class is a nonissue.)

MadPanda

Coolness.  Thanks for the help.
(Ms. GM?  Can you give this fine fellow a few extra XP for general helpfulness?  ;D  He deserves 'em.)

In Memory of Bishrook

Rayve13

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure I'm going with something relatively plain, at least for Sigil. A simple tiefling lad, all red in the skin with little horns and a scattering of black scales...maybe a tail, not sure yet. How are we on character classes so far?

schnookums

Well, all my levels are in race right now myself....I do have a fair amount of skill points though.

Jefepato

Quote from: Rayve13 on April 20, 2007, 06:45:54 PM
How are we on character classes so far?

1st-level cleric (heavily-modified doppelganger) with Practiced Spellcaster.

Creeper

3rd level Halfling totemist (Tank)
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Jeramiahh

I'm all Fey HD and LA until 7th, but I've skills to put all but a rogue to shame. Especially with no combat prowess to speak of... guess it's appropriate to start taking bard levels after that, hmm?
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Ixy

Well, it's going to become obvious soon enough... I'm playing a half-dragon, half-human barbarian.  She's a natural redhead and acts like it.  *grin*

kongming

And the game is up.

Er, I mean, the opening thread has been posted, along with the "Put your character sheet here" thread. Not "Aha! The game is up! I've figured out your scheme!"

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=346.0
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

MadPanda

Woot!
Character sheet will follow.
Again, many kudos to Jefepato for his invaluable assistance.
Weaselgirl will be along as soon as I can get everything together for her...which may take a while, as I must work around my voice-acting class this afternoon.

In Memory of Bishrook

Rayve13

Well, I was thinking bard, but maybe something more sorcerer-like would fit better, and still make charisma worthwhile (I like the idea of him as a honey-tongued devil). That or a fighter specializing in something exotic, or a monk if I can avoid the whole lawful requirement ;)

kongming

I watch Hong Kong Action Theatre. There's no way monks have to be Lawful.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Rayve13

Then that's a distinct possibility, just to throw in a unique sort of fighter. Though I'm looking over the Complete Warrior right now, and a Hexblade might just be the ticket. Spellcasting, sneakiness, and a good run of weapons makes them unique compared to the more straight ahead fighter we're currently looking at. And, with the right cross class skills, backstabbing becomes an option (unless I'm totally forgetting how things work now).

MadPanda

Quote from: kongming on April 21, 2007, 11:59:49 AM
I watch Hong Kong Action Theatre. There's no way monks have to be Lawful.

PROPER monks are lawful.  Rogue monks can probably be whatever the thousand hells they like  ;D

This is actually a good point.  There's that Atlantis/Bronze Age setting published by Avalanche Press, in which the cat-people (Bastati or something like that) favor the class Monk.  Yet CATS are not by nature particularly Lawful little critters.  At the very least, mine certainly aren't (except maybe about feeding time).

In Memory of Bishrook

Rayve13

The only time I've dealt with it is in running a game of X-Crawl. For that, I allowed monks of any non-chaotic alignment, since they need to have discipline to deal with monk training, but individual martial arts schools (X-Crawl is a semi-modern setting, so monks represent dojos or academies as often as they do real monk temples) can be any range of good, evil, or neutral, and some are less strict in their discipline, teaching amrtial arts as a fighting style rather than a life style.

But I'm leaning at hexblade right now anyway, since it fits better for a devil-blooded tiefling like myself.

Jefepato

Quote from: Rayve13 on April 21, 2007, 12:02:57 PMAnd, with the right cross class skills, backstabbing becomes an option (unless I'm totally forgetting how things work now).

Well, you can't gain the sneak-attack ability just by taking the right skills, if that's what you mean.

If all you want is to be able to backstab your friends in a more generic sense (in which case you probably shouldn't be telling us about it), the hexblade should have the right skills.

By the way, kongming, is the Prowess skill supposed to be in use?  I thought the rules were supposed to get left at the bedroom door, and frankly, I need those skill points.

(And given that we're playing D&D, why NCEF and not NCES?)

Rayve13

I'm thinking Attacks of Opportunity, not necessarily the damage multiplies that rogues get. But even just sneaking and stabbing will be fine.

As for my intentions toward my "friends" if you so choose to call yourselves, I would never do anything to directly cause you intentional, severe harm. Unless there was money involved. Or better sex. Or peanut butter M&M's, but who wouldn't slit their loved ones throats for those?

Jefepato

Quote from: Rayve13 on April 21, 2007, 01:44:24 PMOr peanut butter M&M's, but who wouldn't slit their loved ones throats for those?

Well, of course.  When peanut butter M&Ms are involved, not even the primal cosmic forces that are "good" in D&D would object.

Rayve13

Just for a short term, while I get the details worked out, here's the basics:

Name: Vormulak Adder-Tongue (Vorm for short)
Race Tiefling
Class: Hexblade

Concept: Shathrus is, in many ways, a silver tongued devil. While not nearly as manipulative as his bloodline would imply, he has trouble trusting people on more than a surface level. He is quick to make friends and make love, but slow to really trust or be trustworthy. He's mainly at school to have fun, in whatever ways present themselves. He hasn't even declared a major yet, instead taking whatever classes seem most interesting or have the most attractive...beings in them.

Anything else, including perversions needing fulfillment, can be gleaned simply by asking.

MadPanda

Name: Ryoko
Sex: Female
Race: Weasel Hengeyokai
Class: Spellthief

Description: Pretty brown haired, brown eyed freckle-faced lass with a penchant for tight, brightly colored cheongsams (when off-duty) and dark brown-black catsuits (when on duty).  She's basically easy-going and friendly if mischievous and a touch ditzy.  She considers her ability to 'borrow' spells a wonderful joke on the pompous and conceited wizardly types...

Interests: available upon request.

In Memory of Bishrook

Rayve13

Quick question: Would a masterwork weapon made of Baatorean green steel (nonmagical +1 to hit and damage) count against my magic item budget?

Rin

Ooo. Is there still room for one more?
"Which means we're born to lose?"
"It just means we have to live to win."

kongming

Ok... answers...

Baatorian Steel: Yeah, I'd call that the equivalent to magic.
Hexblade: Sounds fine to me. Feel free to use "lesser" hexes on people. You know, they don't use your daily limit, and instead of giving someone a penalty, you make something happen to them out of combat like a short-term sex change, or they fall out of the locker room naked or whatever.
Prowess: You can put ranks in it for free. GUCK feats still take actual feats, seeing as some of them have actual combat uses.
More on Rules: When combat occurs, I'll probably use the rules to a degree still. At the very least, I'll get you guys to say what you do, then I'll do some rolls myself, add bonuses for sounding cool, and make it turn out in a semi-cinematic style that still was influenced by the stats, rolls and mechanics.
Rin: Sure, jump right on in.
What section: I think I put it in Heavy (some people have expressed interest in the possibility of violent rape) Exotic (it's D&D) Systems (D&D)? Did I make a mistake there?

Ons/Offs:

MadPanda

So long as folks who are interested in the violent stuff don't visit it upon those of us who aren't, it's cool  ;D

Yet I suspect we are in Freeform, not System.

In Memory of Bishrook