Started by Craz, June 23, 2009, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craz

A little about me first.
The name's Justen.
I'm a writer and have a day job.
I like women. And decidedly so.
I'm a California boy.
I write male characters, and write hetero only.
I'm open to ideas! If you see something here, or just have an idea that you think I might get into(or maybe even something not here) send me a holler here or through a PM!
I write 3-4 paragraphs in opening posts, and around 1-2 paragraphs in subsequent posts. Don't get me wrong, I love writing, but in the back-and-forth of a scene, I find it rather easy to get lost when there's ten paragraphs, and in that it loses some of the flavor that can be gained form simple dialogue.

I like:
  • Strong women. This doesn't necessarily mean dominant. I just have played a lot of roleplays with either one-pitiful characters, two-uninteresting characters, or three-characters that get all shy and scared and make roleplaying a task rather than a hobby. I like strong, interesting characters with personality. And just because I say strong, I don't mean a fierce amazon with bulging biceps. People can be strong just through intelligence and wit.
  • Redheads. Not that I have anything against blonds or brunettes. In fact, I like a dark-haired temptress just as much as any man. But redhead...yum.
  • Strong plots. I like to keep a story going! Sex is fun to write, and when anything is written well it can turn into an amazing read, but plots keep that story going.
  • The paranormal. I like vampires, werewolves, aliens, magic. If anyone ever wanted to do a Dresden Files roleplay with me, I'd totally do almost anything for that(except yaoi!).
  • Intrigue. I like a plot twist every now and then. Simple? I think so.
  • Canon RPs. But listing all of them would take way too long. But in general, I like fantasy, sci-fi, mysteries, superhero flicks, and even the occasional romantic comedy(Stardust would be the same as above for Dresden).
  • Comedy. I like a little funny in my RPs usually.
  • Talking with my RP partners. Whether it's in IM and PMs, I like discussing what I'm RPing so I can get a feel over where we want to go.

I don't like:
  • Boring plots and stereotypical characters. If I have to work with cookie-cutter stuff, it just isn't a ton of fun.
  • Weak characters. Okay, so if someone's scared, they can freak. But if I have to work with someone who's constantly just whining or cowering may just lead to me leave a thread.
  • A lot of real life stuff. Unless it's actually a mystery-based rp or incredibly charming stuff, I generally won't do stuff relating to real-life.
  • Harry Potter and Twilight. Just. No.

So, these are a few little ideas I've had.

Do That Again, and I’ll Cuff You
    This would be based off either a detectivexdetective, or a detectivexconsultant style. Either a new detective or a consultant(my character) has been assigned to a homicide detective, and together they have to look into a murder(or possibly some other crime). No particular preferences as to who does what role, though I would like this to have some comedy in it, as well as a lot of innuendo. Alternate settings could be used for this, like modern horror or sci-fi.

Guilty Pleasures-taken
    The idea for this is an Anita Blake-themed rp, but with a male as the vampire hunter/animator and the major supernatural powers of the city being led by women. It’d involve possibly multiple roles, with the executioner going through the politics of his city.

Want to Save the World?
    This is an odd idea I've gotten recently, sort of a fantasy romantic-comedy. It centers on a human guy, a rather normal fellow(my character), who gets selected by the Powers Above to be the 'mediator', sort of the Henry Kissinger of the supernatural. His job is to find solutions between various factions of the supernatural(vamps, weres, Faeries) as the problems pop up, as well as make sure that everything is kept under wraps. He'd have a partner, a bodyguard who helped him with information, protection, and romantic interest.

Cursed, in the Worst Possible Way-taken
    So, this revolves around a guy in his twenties or so(my character) coming into inheritance of a house from an uncle in England he barely remembers. He moves into the house, a mansion that is in fact cursed. All women of the family that has owned the house have never made it to their wedding night, all dying virgins. They remain as ghosts throughout the house, seeking to find a man who will remove this condition and set their souls free. This one can go a lot of ways, free for discussion.

Tumbling Down the Rabbit Hole
    This would be a gender-bent version of Alice in Wonderland, with a very adult twist. Basically, a young British man gets lured into the rabbithole, where the many attractive denizens all want to take advantage of him. This is open to a lot of interpretation.

I Wasn't Paying Attention in History Class!
    This is a time travel story, about a tourist who, while on vacation somewhere(this is incredibly up to discussion with whomever wants to write this with me) takes a nasty conk on the head. When he wakes up, he finds him in the past. So, if he conks his head while vacationing in England, he could be in anywhere from the old Gaelic tribes to the Elizabethan era to the Victorian age. I'm a history buff, so a lot of time periods and settings would definitely be interesting.

After the End:
    This would be a non-canon but in-universe RP, set in the amazing Vampire Hunter D series. I love the medieval feel of the series, and would very much like to play a rebel peasant in that setting...though what character you would be-vampire hunter, one of the Nobility, one of their projects-would be up to you.

A-Z: The Last Man:
    So, I've been reading Y: The Last Man, and I would love to do something in the same thread of it. Preferably an AU, but I'd love to do that sort of post-apocalyptic RP.

Hieroglyphs, Nazis, and a Six-shooter:
    So, I’ve been on an Indiana Jones spree lately, and I want to do something in a similar vein. It’s 1942, and World War 2 is in full outbreak. My character is an archaeologist who got drafted into the OSS(Operation of Strategic Services)’s special division, which makes sure that the Axis powers don’t get their hands on world-ending devices. He’d be going around the world, working secret operations. Your character would be his partner, either an American or a member of one of the other Allies(Britain, Russia, a French expatriate, China), and they’d be working together to gather up these artifacts.

Current RPs:
    Blood and Tequilla
    Cursed, in the Worst Possible Way

Bitter Sweet

Hi. New here, still havent gotten round to postin my own addy or O/Os yet. Anyways you say you'd be interested in playing a Stardust fandom role play? Well I have a plot thats like Stardust but is a bit more exotic then Stardust. PM me if interested in hearing about it.
Why is a raven like a writing desk.....

Ons_offs||

MovieFreek

I like the last story, but can we change it a bit? Maybe when he gets the house it comes with a slave that has always been by the uncle's side, but now belongs to him. We can throw some crazy stuff in if you want. ^_^

Craz

Saku

Hey Craz! I noticed that you have returned :) so I had a little question to ask you, did you want to continue with our Charmed RP? I posted a long time ago and you never gave me a post back therefore, I was wondering if you wanted to drop it or had just forgotten about it? Also, if you didn't have any muse for it could you let me know and maybe we could start something else? Thanks!

EDIT: I looked back at the post and it says I last posted it in April :p
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Fireeyes

Hey there.  Interested in Want to save the world? if its still open.  Let me know.

Craz

Added a new idea, and I've answered to everyone who's replied in this thread. Thanks for interest!

Craz

Updated 6/30

And added "I Wasn't.."

Soren Kisamora

if you like transformations,i'm willing to roleplay with you ^^

CassieBear

Hrm... the last one about the history sounds fun. I've always had a love for the Victorian Age and Elizabethan Era in England. PM me if you would like to take me up on the offer. ^.^
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Craz

Updated, 7/05 with some minor changes and a new plot idea!

Craz

Craz

Updated with a new idea, and tweaked some minor stuff. Always looking!

GnothiSeauton

"Hieroglyphs, Nazis, and a Six-shooter" sounds interesting.  If no one has taken it, I'd love to talk about it and maybe set something up.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bitter Sweet

I like Tumbling Down the Rabbit Hole and would be willing to either play the male or one of the wonderland denizens or maybe even several of them.

pm me
Why is a raven like a writing desk.....

Ons_offs||

RedEve

Quote from: ShishiKoumori on July 17, 2009, 02:08:46 AM
I like Tumbling Down the Rabbit Hole and would be willing to either play the male or one of the wonderland denizens or maybe even several of them.

pm me

I'd like to hear more about this one as well. What is your plan for this roleplay? I might be interested in playing one of the women he encounters there.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list