Starting an RP and RL picture thread...

Started by Adelai, July 29, 2008, 06:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adelai

I am sorry, forgive me for asking as these may very well be "dumb" questions. Firstly I am curious as to how you get an adult RP started and what not. I am fairly new to this type of roleplaying, in fact, a month and a half new and it has been strictly over WoW RP servers and sessions usually lasted about 1-2 hours. However, I notice that here it seems quite different in that they are more story like, taking course over days and weeks it seems. Just slightly curious as to how you get this sort of thing started, I would imagine you just PM someone you think would be interested in you and start a thread that way, just checking though. As well as this, I was just curious if there was a thread with real life pictures already up, and if not would it be permissable to start one? Thank you for your time, sorry if this was a wasted post. Oh, and I have heard threads referred to as "games" before, could someone exlain this to me as well?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Sherona

Well not sure how many share real life pictures, most of our eRP is actual writing of stories. Many of us do stories that have plot an storyline rather then just having sex. Its really whatever floats your boat and what not.

Come up with a story line, post in the one on one's section, or look through their and pm someone when they ahve a story that seem interesting. Alternatively, look in the ons and offs and pm those who have similar.

Trieste

Indeed. Some people call them 'games'... some call their threads 'stories'... I tend to go with "my precious" (yeesssss... the apologies and absences, we hateses them...) and so on. It's kind of like those crazy people that call a perfectly good can of soda "pop" or "cola". It's the same thing; those people are just heathens.

As for real life pictures, there's no one thread. I have my own mug around here somewhere (complete with funky expression) as part of a thread displaying Saint Pat's pics... but widely, I think people choose not to share. You can certainly open one up, if you'd like. :)

Sherona

a real life pic thread would certainly be popular for some, I don't have any current real life pics, but I could so stalk like to see other's :P hehe I did see that one you posted T.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Adelai on July 29, 2008, 06:17:27 PM
I am sorry, forgive me for asking as these may very well be "dumb" questions. Firstly I am curious as to how you get an adult RP started and what not.

Normally people post a story suggestion into one of the appropriate forums (one on ones, players wanted, GMs wanted) with their idea. If you find something that appeals to you, reply either in the thread or in a PM to the person, and bounce the idea around a bit, til (presumably) you end up with something you both like. Then just kick it off in the appropriate game forum and go from there.

I am fairly new to this type of roleplaying, in fact, a month and a half new and it has been strictly over WoW RP servers and sessions usually lasted about 1-2 hours. However, I notice that here it seems quite different in that they are more story like, taking course over days and weeks it seems.

Yup. Since the person you're writing with could be halfway around the world, there's no way of knowing (initially) when they'll be on and posting, so weeks would be quite normal, with daily posting on both sides. Months wouldn't be unusual either.

Just slightly curious as to how you get this sort of thing started, I would imagine you just PM someone you think would be interested in you and start a thread that way, just checking though.

Pretty much.

As well as this, I was just curious if there was a thread with real life pictures already up, and if not would it be permissable to start one? Thank you for your time, sorry if this was a wasted post.

Some people may be interested in posting pics, others won't.

Oh, and I have heard threads referred to as "games" before, could someone exlain this to me as well?

For myself, I tend to think as games more falling under the multiple players catagory, especially if its one using a system of some kind. As an example, I'm running a Legend of the Five Rings game, using the 3rd edition ruleset, with 5 people playing in it (give or take). I suppose it could be called a story, but I'd think game a better description.

Others will likely have different descriptions, but that's mine.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Adelai

I'm sorry, I also forgot to ask that 'if' it were appropriate to have a real life picture thread, what forum would it most likely go in? I was thinking either "Off topic" or "On topic". More so off topic, since it is not really 'adult' material per se, but I think "On topic" could apply, seeing as it is a part of the site only accessable by members. Again, sorry, but I like to be safe =/
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Trieste

Pu it whereever you like, although those people who don't want their pictures publically viewable won't post in it if it's 'off topic'... and some won't post even if it's in 'on topic'. :)

Xillen

I'd post it in On Topic, if I'd start one. It's about the members of E, so it's E related, so actually quite on topic.

In addition, like it's mentioned before, the on topic section is only viewable by approved members.

The spontaneous stuff you RPed over WoW most likely were "oneshots". Describing a single encounter and after that's done, then it's over with. (Though you'll probably use a continuity in characters, since you are kind of stuck with the character you play with.)

Though we do have oneshots played out on the forum, most stories/games last longer than that, having encounters interwoven in a larger storyline.

As HairyHeretic pointed out, the "Wanted" boards (Middle left on the forum) are your best bet to actively look for new games, though not all games have to be formed that way. Games can develop spontaneously, or people could send some of their friends a PM to ask if they're interested in a game, instead of going through the Wanted boards.