One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland RP) Recruiting Now!

Started by Revenent, March 20, 2012, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

Middle City

Have you ever wanted to perform a drive-by as a dwarf by flinging battleaxes at your enemy's hangout? Have you ever wanted to crash their party by bringing some uninvited undead in as the waiting staff? Have you ever wondered if a center can wear baggy jeans and chains? Then this may be the RP for you.

The Gangs (Possibly more to come if people have good ideas) -

The Gravediggers: The dwarven clan, whose turf lies in the subways, sewers, and maintenance tunnels under the city, plus whatever they can dig out themselves. These bearded bangers excel at breaking into even the most well-defended ground-level bank vaults, so robberies are a huge chunk of their income.

The Striders: The elves, who excel at marksmanship and make their bases mainly on the rooftops all across the city. Being friends with all living creatures and wildlife, it's rare to find a Strider without a vicious doberman, Rottweiler, or pit bull as a companion.

The Unleashed: This gang is run by an elite group of centaur, but they take in all variety of sub-human riff-raff, including your more animalistic cobolds and werewolves, to your lesser nekos and kitsune. They make great drugrunners.

The Maidenhood: An almost entirely female gang of nymphs, elementals, and Fae folk, they're actually a lot more threatening than the other gangs give them credit for. Their main business is in prostitution (sometimes of their own members, who are usually willing).

The Brothers Fallen: A mafia-like group led by a family of demon-possessed gangsters, this is the second-most powerful gang in the city, if only because they accept ever the worst of the worst: dark wizards, necromancers, vampires, soul-snatchers, they're all here.

The Light of Dawn: The most powerful group in the city, they've managed to pull in a huge number of do-good followers from across the state thanks to their guise of good-will and charity. In reality, this group of angels is corrupt as Hell (pun intended) and practically owns the city's entire business district. Thanks to their army of knights, paladins, and priests, not even the Brothers Fallen can loosen their grip on the city.

Questions, concerns, interest, ideas? Post here or PM me to discuss it. You know how it works by now.

Character Application -

Current Limit: Two Characters

[b]Name:[/b] Self-explanitory, I hope.

[b]Age:[/b] See above.

[b]Race:[/b] If it hasn't already been mentioned in the original post or throughout the topic, just go ahead with it or ask me about it. I'm generally pretty lenient about what I'll allow.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Clothing, physical details, specific qualities that stand out, etc. Feel free to either write it or use an image.

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] Any and all are welcome. If you want to leave it blank until you've had a chance to feel the character out, go ahead.

[b]Former Gang:[/b] If applicable. If you want to say your character was previously in another gang, or currently is and has to be recruited, take your pick. If you want to make up a gang that they were in, like before, just go for it or check with me.

[b]Gang Position:[/b] Are they a leader, a soldier, a hitman, a dealer, an ambassador, a spy, a healer, a drug alchemist, a weapons-maker, or the ever-popular prostitute? Not limited to just what's listed here, either.

[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] If you're character is a fighter of any kind, tell us how they bring the pain. Can include blades, bows, gun, magic, or whatever else you can think of. Feel free to include a class, if you wish.

[b]Additional Skills:[/b] From negotiation skills and sneakiness, to non-combatitive magic and alchemy, any abilities your person has that don't directly involve spilling blood, unless they're an interrogator. :P

[b]Personality:[/b] Feel free to be vague here. I know I tend to change my character's personality as I use them more, so just give a general idea of what they might be like, at least at first.

[b]Bio:[/b] How they ended up in the city, what they did with the other gangs, how they ended up falling out, why they're here now, and whatever other details you might find important. Anything from one paragraph to ten is fine, as long as you're willing to elaborate more as the RP goes on.

[b]Theme Song (optional):[/b] Just for a bit of fun.

Related Topics:

Character Thread
OOC Thread
Lilith's Cave (Gang HQ)

Pink Professional

Interesting...Very interesting...

What is the technological state of the city ? You talk about Drive bys and axes. So is it some sort of Steampunk? Is it just a City without Combustion rifles ? Or is it more of a Cliche fantasy city ?

TheVariableX

Maybe they just have strict gun control laws   ;D

It does sound interesting.  A made vampire sounds good, or perhaps a very naughty angel.  A chance to play a prostitute might be fun too.

One note though: centaurs are a pain in the ass.  No... really.  Trying to fit them into any modern setting is too often a fools errand imho.  Cars, escalators, stairs, chairs, trains/subway, door height.  The list goes on and on.  Any city built for non centaur, forces them to be second class citizen if not effectively handicapped.  I'm not saying they shouldn't be there, but I think the full weight of the issue would need to be felt.  People with wings also fall into this to a lesser extent.
NEW: I'm travelling and will be unavailable until about the 26nd
On/Off   Story Requests

PeacethatPowerbrings

Always wanted to play a Faerie hooker with a heart of gold. ;D
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Pink Professional

Revenent

@Pink Professional: It's a modern city, no doubt. Early 21st century. I was actually going to be looking for input on your question though. I wanted to include modern day weaponry to be used alongside swords, shields, battleaxes, etc., but even if this isn't exactly the most realistic setting, I imagine so people would have trouble finding balance when putting a claymore up against an assault rifle, so I may just have to leave guns out. But as I said, I'm always glad to hear other people's opinions.

@Variable: I didn't mention it in the OP because I wasn't entirely set on the idea yet, but centaurs and everyone that runs with them most likely will be second-class citizens due to their "sub-human" nature, so they'll mostly operate out of makeshift slum dwellings that can accommodate their different anatomies, even if they're not exactly luxurious. The higher-class parts of the city most certainly will be built to accommodate those with things, though, thanks to the Light of Dawn's massive influence. Higher doorways to allow their extra wing height, entrances on every floor of offices buildings so they don't have to bother taking the elevators, tailors that make aerodynamic business suits, and so on.  :D

@PtPb: And now you shall. ;D

PeacethatPowerbrings

Doesn't make much sense to leave out guns, really, from my point of view. You'd just have to compensate the fantasy weapons for their disadvantages. If they're somehow magical,  it could explain why they're a legitimate choice, and also, that they're used by more physically powerful creatures, or those that are more able to make use of them. A demon gangster might be able to do a lot more damage with a sword than an assault rifle, even of a human couldn't.

Snowe

I'd absolutely love to join this, loves amazingly fun.

Though I do have a few thoughts that [hopefully, prooobably won't] might help you.

Perhaps all the modern weapons are created from a specific material, it looks similar to steel or silver weaponry of old, except it seems to glow with a lightly neon goo of some sort and is surrounded by a blade of said energy. As they are the exact same material, these weapons can counteract one-another and bullets sort of just..bounce off of blades of the swords. That way you can have swords, axes, spears, pikes; Whatever weapon you want, and they can be used effectively and fairly against all types of guns. 'Cept rockets of course..no one is stupid enough to bring a sword to a rocket fight. *sage nod*

---

In terms of characters, I have -no- idea what to be. Elf maybe? Gnome pickpocket? Crazy wood elf who lives with a bunch of animals? A succubus with dual-personality disorder who thinks she's an angel and is thus abstinent? Oor maybe a heavy-drinking dwarf lass who likes to fight the menfolk, and enjoys long strolls off a shot pier and drive-by tomahawkings!  :P
My frozen dairy beverage bringeth all the gentlefolk to the yard and they claim, 'Surely, tis better than thine! Surely, tis better than thine!' I'd instruct you, though I must levy a fee.

Vandren

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on March 20, 2012, 02:25:48 PM
You'd just have to compensate the fantasy weapons for their disadvantages. If they're somehow magical,  it could explain why they're a legitimate choice,

One option is the D&D option (also used by Michael Scott and, to a lesser extent by Rick Riordan): guns count as non-magical weapons and have a hard time injuring magical races (not necessarily all races, but enough races to make a sword or bow a more practical option).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Revenent

I was thinking something similar to all of these would help keep guns available for whoever wants them. Shall we say that guns can't be as readily enchanted, and they're are spells and armors that are able to counter them effectively, so they're no more effective in a battle than anything else? It could work sort of like Final Fantasy and other JRPGs, where, sure, you can use guns over swords and bows, but they're generally not going to be an instant kill.

And I totally forgot about gnomes. >_< Should we just say they're part of the Gravediggers, like maybe they build machines for them and help soup up their rides? Now that I think about it, we'll probably need a gang for goblins, too. It could always be a minor one, though.

Pink Professional

PeacethatPowerbrings

Gnomes could go with dwarves, I think, yeah. It would make sense for them to be building and running machines and vehicles, while the dwarves do the heavy lifting.

Pixies could do something similar for the Maidenhood, but with less elbow grease, and more ribbons.  ;D

Revenent

Sound like a great idea to me, Peace. Someone needs to get the girls dolled up, right? ;D

Anyway, even though there's already five interested, which is more than I usually get this quickly, I'm going to hold off on the character sheet just for the moment, at least until I see how many more we can get. My reason is that if we have a smaller group, splitting everyone up into half a dozen or more gangs won't exactly work like a dream, so we may have to work something else out if we don't have enough people. One possibility is that the group, having all sorts of different races and specialties, comes together to form a completely new gang that then tries to retake the city from the current heavy-hitters, or something like that. As always, though, thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome.

Don't take that as me getting impatient, though. I know there's still plenty of time for more people to join in, assuming they will. :-)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Revenent on March 20, 2012, 06:27:10 PM
Sound like a great idea to me, Peace. Someone needs to get the girls dolled up, right? ;D

It isn't easy to stay looking like sunlight and love, this takes time, and apparently, pixies. :P

TheVariableX

There could be possibilities for inter racial / gang action too.  Stereotypes are their so people know what is considered normal, but they should be flexible.

Maybe an angel is so bad (or too good?) and gets kicked out of The Light of Dawn.  Just because it isn't their main area, doesn't mean an elf couldn't be selling herself, or be pimped out.

I do see why you would want to keep 4-8 people within a socially close group, or maybe just to two separate groups for a 6 - 12+ game.  Maybe people could give a 1, 2, 3 preference to what gang they would want to be in, and we can see if there is a lot of common ground.
On/Off   Story Requests

Revenent

Yeah, I think I'll want to see what gangs people want to be a part of before I assume it'll be too split up. I want it to be diverse, of course, but not so much that we don't have much reason to have our characters actually meet.

TheVariableX

I could run with...

An Angel is a star crossed relationship.  Vampire, demon, orc ... maybe a centaur if someone wanted to go there.

A human sorceress recently released from jail and a new convert to a necromancy.

A poor elven prostitute that the world keeps shitting on.  (Metaphorically only!)
On/Off   Story Requests

PeacethatPowerbrings

You can probably guess what I'd prefer to do. Faerie...prostitute.  XD

After that...maybe an angel, or an elf.

Presumably the gangs aren't all at war with one another constantly, so there would be potential in a shared location, like club, or bar, that is open to members of all the gangs, and then shared ventures could arise that provide mutual threat, or interest to individuals of different gangs.

Azaria

O.o
okay I love this idea ... & I'm sooo in :D if you take me of course >_>
I would love to either play a Faerie or an elf ^^

Starlequin

I think I'd like to join this as well, Revenant. Maybe a higher-up in the Light of Dawn, or a bookie/broker for the Brothers. (Unless there are only enough players to form one new gang rather than spread out among the factions, then I'll...come up with something else.)

Edit: On second thought, I'm withdrawing. Hope your game goes well.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sephiriel

Def interested in The Maidenhood, maybe I'll be going with a nymph. How is this going to work actually? Do we have characters as rulers for every gang, professional do's and dont's, unwritten laws for fights, certain areas that are ruled by just one gang etc?

Revenent

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here, I'm just having some difficulty thinking of what direction to take this. Sounds like I'm hearing a lot of faeries, elf, nymphs, and angels, so if we were to stick everyone in one gang, it would probably either be the Light of Dawn (not idea), the Maidenhood, or an entirely new one. Does anyone object to it being about a single gang seeking city-wide domination, since it looks like we're having a smaller group?

PeacethatPowerbrings

I don't have any objections to that, though you could have the Maidenhood make a treaty with the Light of Dawn, and then do both.

Pink Professional

I think we could easily make one new gang.

Our group of miscreants and misfits join together for one reason or the other.

At first, aforementioned group of misfits and Miscreants would be laughed at. Breaking into the Status Quo in the city ? Preposterous! No one can break the grip of any of the gangs. So we'd be allowed to exist, obviously doomed to failure...Until we take out one of the gangs...Like the Maidenhood.

Now that a gang has been taken down, We are suddenly a serious threat...Then shit would hit the proverbial, whore infested-Monster roaming fan.

Vaulera

I am interested in playing most definitely, I would be fine with almost every one of those gangs, just not as a dorf. More particularly as a female member of the brothers fallen, kneecapping faeries for protection money would be the best moment of any roleplay I have ever done.

TheVariableX

City domination might be a big goal.   Maybe a season 2 goal  ;) . How about just a single gang trying to not get themselves all killed and absorbed by bigger gangs.
On/Off   Story Requests

Revenent

True. I was thinking of a The Warriors-like scenario, where we have a smaller gang in a crappier neighborhood that's basically just trying to defend itself from the bigger gangs. Then, maybe, one of the other less widespread gangs, like the Maidenhood or the slumdogs in the Unleashed, try to muscle in on the territory, escalating until our gang takes theirs out and ends up with little more power and notoriety than anyone expected.

PeacethatPowerbrings

TheVariableX

Quote from: RevenantSounds like I'm hearing a lot of faeries, elf, nymphs, and angels, so if we were to stick everyone in one gang, it would probably either be the Light of Dawn(not idea), the Maidenhood, or an entirely new one. Does anyone object to it being about a single gang seeking city-wide domination, since it looks like we're having a smaller group?

The Maidenhood: An almost entirely female gang of nymphs, elementals, and Fae folk, they're actually a lot more threatening than the other gangs give them credit for. Their main business is in prostitution (sometimes of their own members, who are usually willing).

The Light of Dawn: The most powerful group in the city, they've managed to pull in a huge number of do-good followers from across the state thanks to their guise of good-will and charity. In reality, this group of angels is corrupt as Hell (pun intended) and practically owns the city's entire business district. Thanks to their army of knights, paladins, and priests, not even the Brothers Fallen can loosen their grip on the city.

Either gang works for me.  I would probably prefer an angel, so the Light of Dawn would be my first choice.  It's hard to say, but I suspect more people lean the other way, which for me would also be fine.
On/Off   Story Requests

Revenent

Well, you're the second one to make mention of possibly going with the Light of Dawn, but I honestly don't see that working. What's the fun in following around a gang that's already stronger than every other one, so there wouldn't even be any challenge or sense of danger? It'd either have to be one of the smaller gangs (pretty much anything but the Light of Dawn or the Brothers Fallen), or an entirely new gang altogether, which is the option I'm really leaning toward since it would help people pick whatever race and style of character they want.

Of course, that doesn't preclude people from making secondary characters that are parts of other gangs, either as NPCs, enemies, or future members to the focus gang. :-)

TheVariableX

I thought Light of Dawn was your suggestion, or was it more correctly a counter-suggestion?

Ok well a brand new gang works fine for me.  I think I will go for the beautiful angel slumming it with her strong and dominant interracial boyfriend.  If anyone wants to be my characters worse half, let me know.

On/Off   Story Requests

Urbanzorro

I'm interested, especially in the idea of a brand new gang. Though I am curious, would the new gang be made up of anyone/who-ever or would it fit more into a set group like those already listed?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

I had this idea myself a long time ago! I'm in for this!
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Revenent

Well, my internet's busted until I get the crap modem they gave us looked at tomorrow, so I won't be able to get the character sheet up earlier than that. I'll try to make it quick, though.

summoner2183

JuliettaRossi

I'd be up for play as well. Sounds like all the women want to be elves/fae etc. I'd have to add into that as an elf (already have the character ready) unless I'm just plain old human (hey, why not - unless there are none, and then well...yeah). I'd like to possibly play a tougher/rougher role if possible - security, spy, assassin, etc. Someone else mentioned the possibility of a club/bar that would be neutral ground. Perhaps they are in need of a bartender?

Revenent

Yes, we're still open for as many people as want to play! Sorry for the delay, everyone. Expect a character sheet up some time tomorrow, along with my own character as an example, hopefully.

And Julietta, I'm not sure we're going with the whole neutral ground bar idea, since we're not doing multiple gangs, but playing a tougher role is fine. Considering how many elves and prostitutes are popping up, we'll probably need one. ::)

JuliettaRossi

Hello,

No, I knew you hadn't specifically said you were (about the bar), but it sparked a bit of interest with me (it's also an element used in some of the book series I'm reading right now by Sherrilyn Kenyon - the bar is called Sanctuary). I'll get a character sheet up by tomorrow to see what you think :)

Urbanzorro

I had a question, are you willing to accept orc/ork characters? I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to play but I just want to know what the options are.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Revenent

Who doesn't love a big, green piece of cannon fodder, Zorro? ;D Go ahead and make an orc, if that's what you decide to do.

The character sheet template is up now, everyone, so start posting your characters up at your own leisure. PM me if you have any questions, and by all means, feel free to get creative. :-)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Zed

Race: Faerie.

Appearance: Standing only five-foot tall, making above-average for a fairy, she is is most often seen flying, or hovering, just off the ground, to allow her to be able to avoid talking up to almost everyone. She most often wears extremely colourful but messy fashions, with a corset, or an excessive number of belts. Glowing accessories are common, but she will often dress for a client, if they are a regular.

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Former Gang: The Maidenhood

Gang Position: Prostitute, Contract Killer

Weapon of Choice: Machine Pistols, Submachine Guns, Pistols. 3 Glock-18s, 1 of those, suppressed, all with 33 round clips. An FN P90, and a Five-Seven pistol.

Additional Skills: Stealthiness, trickster magic (camouflage, creating decoys, faerie fire), Pixies (not a skill persay, but she has several pixies, who can generally be seen following her around. They live with her and assist her, they were with her from birth. They do general tasks, like cleaning her weapons, maintaining them, helping her dress in ways that wouldn't strictly be possible without help.)

Personality: Fun, energetic, carefree.

Bio: As a member of the Maidenhood by birth, she joined the gang like any other young Fae might, becoming a prostitute, and learning the skills to be as dangerous as any of the Maidenhood's members. She was, more so, in general, but ended up leaving the gang when she realized that the Maidenhood considered themselves to be in peacetime, and wished to limit her. She is a believer in the idea that the Maidenhood should have ruled the city, but lacked the power to push for that vision. As a result she left the gang, reasoning that it would be better that the Fae be part of something that grew as the city did, and didn't stagnate in complacency. Or, as she might put it, 'something slow.'

Revenent

Firstly...

Zed - Approved

Very nicely done, Peace, and I encourage anyone else doing a prostitute character to also considering having double role, since that will mean more diversity. I don't know where she's going to hide all those guns, though.

Secondly, I added an optional Theme Song bit to the character app, since I know a lot of people like doing those.

Finally, and I know this is probably something I should have thought about and brought up before, but I'm allowing everyone to make two characters to start with, if they wish, so if you had multiple ideas, you can go with at least two of them right now. I may increase it again later, depending on how the RP progresses, but for now, two should be good.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Revenent on April 02, 2012, 12:52:07 PM
Firstly...

Zed - Approved

Very nicely done, Peace, and I encourage anyone else doing a prostitute character to also considering having double role, since that will mean more diversity. I don't know where she's going to hide all those guns, though.

Thank you.

She's a faerie, I assume she can probably find a way. Hammerspace maybe. :P

Pink Professional

I'm having trouble deciding between a Werewolf or a Possessed mage/Devil combo...

Defiantly going to go with some sort of 'Duality' theme. This RP screams duality to me.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I have been away for a while, but if you're still accepting applications...

Name: DJ...Which those closest to her know is for "Drowning Jenny" rather than "Disk Jockey"

Age: Appears to be somewhere in her late teens, in human years, but her point of view betrays at least several decades of consciousness as an elemental...Not all of it contiguous.

Race: Water elemental/Nixie

Appearance: Appears to be a humanoid female with delicate, somewhat elfin features in her late teens...Who is composed entirely of water. She often goes about almost completely covered, damp gloves and boots and clinging clothing, even a gossamer veil over her face that clings moistly and shows every attractive contour, but in the rain, or in the presence of relatively pure water, it is likely to all come off as she absorbs her element, letting the silt and muck of the city slide from her.

( Art by S@e, from http://pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=13232953 )

(Wow, frequently-inaccessible website is frequently inaccessible. Uploaded the image to tumblr for when Japan is too busy to respond to U.S. image requests.)

Sexual Preference: Any and all are welcome. <--- I'll just leave this part here.

Former Gang: A member of the Maidenhood for some time now.

Gang Position: She has fulfilled the roles of both a button-man and a spy, and is not averse to earning coin on the side from those who find her exoticism interesting.

Weapon of Choice: Water. Beware her kiss when she really means it.

Additional Skills: Can shape water (think in terms of 'water-bending' from Avatar) in numerous ways, even firming its surface to allow others to walk on it. Can go anywhere about fifteen or so gallons of water can go...

Personality: At her best, DJ is bubbly, even sparkling, a girl with an effervescent character, but she certainly has dark, hidden depths, stagnant with suppressed hatred and deep currents of rage. She is a difficult girl to pin down -- except when she wants to be. For reasons which should be eminently apparent, she isn't terribly fond of dirt and grime, and she utterly hates and loathes uncontrolled fire.

Bio: DJ (Certainly not her real name) was summoned to the city by one of the dark wizards of the Brothers Fallen, bound with magic to be a slave...A role which entailed muchly what she does now for the Maidenhood, but with much less choice in the matter of her victims or her company. It was the Maidenhood who rescued her, unintentionally, and she has been loyal since. She is a fickle creature, alternately playful and lethal, delighting in the dark and hedonistic pleasures of the city and cursing its impurity. She has been known to say that the only pure water here falls from the sky, or from the hands of priests. Her mood does seem to vary somewhat with how murky the water that contains her spirit is -- she's most pleasant and thoughtful when she's had some time in fresh rain, and as she becomes darker with the city's own silty water, the dust and dreck that she absorbs when she forgets and lets her self touch the world around her without intervening cloth, she becomes steadily more bitter, vicious, and nasty. This is predictable enough that occasionally the Maidenhood makes effort to procure fresh water simply to keep her, if not 'controlled', then at least pacified and less abruptly dangerous.

Theme Song (optional): 306 - Emilie Autumn Lyric Video
Some Explanatory Numerology: Between April of 1795 and September of 1801, three-hundred and six bodies were pulled from the river Seine in Paris. The highest number found in one day was sixteen. One of these bodies was the young girl known as L'Inconnue de la Seine whose identity was never discovered, but whose death mask became one of the most popular and beautiful faces of its time, one which was reproduced until recently as the face of the CPR practice dummy "Resuscitation Annie".

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

TheVariableX

But... you know, with wings.
Name: Charisma Fairchild

Race: Angel

Appearance:  Charisma spends most of her time in expensive clothes or nothing at all.  She is very attentive to her looks, especially keeping her wings clean.  Her natural flowing blonde hair tends to be dyed darker colors.  Extremely alluring eyes.

Sexual Preference: Very submissive sexually.  Prefers men, but will sleep with women when instructed.  Is drawn to abusive relationships and dominant bad boys.

Former Gang: No prior gang affiliation.

Gang Position: Spiritual healer / nurse and sometimes prostitute.

Weapon of Choice: Aside from her healing magic and a few night classes of self defense, she could probably spray and pray with a sub machine gun.

Additional Skills: Healing touch, flight, knowledge of hospitals and modern medicine commensurate with her training as a nurse, Daddy's demon lawyer on speed dial.

Personality: I'm going to wait on this.    Kind hearted, aloof, attracted to self-destruction.

Bio: Charisma was raised in a good home, and a religious one.  Her rich parents sent her to a good college, but her innate ability to heal made her a bit lazy, and instead of graduating as a doctor to please her parents, she settled on becoming a nurse.  Charisma enjoys her job, and enjoys healing people.  She used to do a lot of charity work and was an upstanding if naive member of the angel community.  She doesn't say what happened, but at some point Charisma developed a lusting for big cock and controlling men.  She flew from one bad boyfriend to another, and most had various gang ties.  Charisma has gone beyond flirting with bad boys from the wrong side of town and is now in a noticeable downward spiral.

Theme Song (optional): To be decided
On/Off   Story Requests

Azaria

I'll be starting off with one character sheet, if it's approved I'll get the other one going :D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Síla

Age: 20 in appearance, unknown in reality {can be edited}

Race: Fire Elemental

Appearance: Her clothes when she was in the Maidenhood consisted mainly of two colours, black and gold. She was particularly in love with an outfit of black corset, tight trousers and stiletto boots. All made of leather. Accompanied by a leash. The outfit contrasted with her natural red hair, pale skin and grey eyes. When she left the gang, she kept the colours but the style of clothes varies.

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Former Gang: The Maidenhood

Gang Position: Prostitute, contract killer and interrogator.

Weapon of Choice: Fire, she controls fire and is able to summon it at will. As an assassin she can't always kill by fire as the victims may escape, so she usually uses a twin blade dagger always hidden snugly on her thigh.

Additional Skills: Stealthiness, spying and hypnotism.

Personality: She has the temper of fire, flourishes in open air and gets moody when contained between walls for a long time. 

Bio: Síla was summoned by a dark wizard who used her as weapon to destroy his enemies. When he tried to turn her into his sex slave she rebelled and eventually escaped. Roaming the streets she met one of the Maidenhood's gang and she was accepted as a recruit, climbing ranks quickly they begin to fear her growing influence and attempt to contain her. She rebels once more and is now back to the streets and earns her living by playing the role of a stripper/prostitute in a club. {subject to edit}

Theme Song (optional): None, for now

Ironwolf85

count me in, what sort of powerlevel are you guys thinking
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Pink Professional

4 beautiful whores already ?

Jacklin will be pleased

summoner2183

Name: Rutilus

Race: Centaur

Appearance: Rutilus looks like the average centaur, but the only difference is that he likes to keep his brown hair neatly trimmed. He also wears padded leather armor with a bit of chain mail and bulletproof vest under it.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Unleashed due to some... issues some of the higher ups in the gang has with him and his attitude towards others. He has just recently become a free agent, though he still keeps does jobs discreetly former his former Gang. He also does some side jobs for the Maidenhood as well as the Gravediggers at some point though he found them to be a bit surly and gruff for his tastes. But he has been really looking forward to belonging to a group again someday.

Gang Position: Ambassador, Healer

Weapon of Choice: Although he is a healer and an ambassador, he also knows that he has to defend himself. That is why he always carries throwing knives and a dagger, as well as an extendable staff that he slings on his back. He also has the bow, which all centaurs have, and while he is averse to guns, he carries a Heckler and Koch Mark 23 pistol.

Additional Skills: He is very talented in being a negotiator as he always knows the right thing to say. He is also a bit of prodigy in the art of healing, and is able to heal people using half the amount of mana compared to anyone, and is able to brew healing potions rather effortlessly.

Personality: Rutilus is quite a friendly person, eager to help out to boost the relationships between his faction and usually turns a blind eye at whatever enmities his faction has for others. He is also compassionate towards the people who are hurt, and being a healer he does not discriminate about the people that he heals. The only thing that makes him a little uncomfortable is that how hypocritical some of the factions of the city were, and he finds himself rather angry at what they do.

Bio: Rutilus has always been part of the herd that was the Unleashed. At first he was trained in the art of killing as all centaur were, but as time goes by the leader of the Unleashed noticed that he was quite adept in soothing some rather frayed tempers that sometimes run in the herd. And that wasn't just with the centaur members of the herd... but others as well. He also noticed that Rutilus was quite a prodigy in healing and potion making from one of his chief healers, and that soon made him think about the role he wanted Rutilus to have. One day, Rutilus was summoned before the leader, and to the surprise... and a bit of his pride he was named one of the ambassadors of the Unleashed as well as Assistant Chief Healer to his gang.

Theme Song (optional): Just for a bit of fun.

BitterSweet

Name: Zero

Race: Demon. He’s a bodiless creature in reality, a half-seen flicker of shadow and smoke.  He exists in the City by wearing a ‘meat suit’ – by possessing unfortunate mortals.  They gain unusual strength and speed and endurance through is influence, but eventually break down, wear out or just plain get boring. When that happens Zero moves on.  He can release control over the body he's in, allowing the human mind to come forth but rarely does so. Note: I will not be possessing PCs without express permission from their player.

Appearance:
He’s got that animal magnetism going for him, a kind of dark handsomeness, and shiny white teeth when he smiles, wears leather and denim and knives and tattoos.  His poor meat suit was a college boy, once, but after the fights and the tattoos, you can’t tell now.

Sexual Preference: Anything that doesn’t run away fast enough.  In other words, ommisexual.  Really, anything, but animals are pretty boring – they don’t feel guilty.

Former Gang: He’s run with the Brothers in the past (it’s a natural impulse) and done some dirty work for the Gravediggers because there’s some things even the diggers don’t want to get their hands dirty for.  Zero’s mostly been a free agent, staying beneath the radar of the powerful, managing to mostly avoid becoming chum in a city full of sharks.  It’s a tricky balance and maybe it’s time to hook up with someone else for awhile.

Gang Position: Soldier and bookie.  And a pimp.  He’s done a little whoring himself, because sex for money is a great way to make someone else feel dirty and wrong.  He’s never dealt in souls because that puts you right under the King of the Crossroads and he’s a scary, hard-ass bastard.

Weapon of Choice: He likes up close and personal when someone breathes their last so he’s got a nasty set of knives, good for magic creatures and mortal alike.  He can use a broadsword or a warhammer to crack heads but that’s only when there’s a riot – and he has a FNP90 for those days when he wants to turn someone into sauce. 

Additional Skills: Zero knows where it’s at – whether it’s an illegal shipment of magic arrowheads, or a whore for very particular … tastes, he can find a lead to get the goods.  He’s worked as a bookie, taking bets on everything from horses to human ponies to whether this ‘end of the world’ really is or not (2012 is going to be a bust, in his opinion).  He’s got a few ‘friends’ and fingers in a few pies and that gives him a bit of a heads-up when something important is going on or when something interesting is coming to the city.  In the Fallen, he worked mostly as an extortionist and a fence, busting kneecaps and selling stolen dragon’s blood.  He’s got a demon’s talent for negotiation and a good sense of when to play nice before turning nasty and knows how to run the numbers.

Personality: Zero isn’t a nice guy, but that’s what you get with a demon.  He likes to push other people’s boundaries, make them cross lines they’d never imagined they could, then beg for more.  In some ways, he’s easy going for a demon, never been high enough in the Pit to get too ambitious, happy enough to be in the City where he can run a little wild.  He looks for the weak and the vulnerable, loves it when he can dirty up someone pure and sweet.  Maybe that’s envy – it’s been a long time since he was clean.

Bio: He managed to crawl out of the Pit a while back and that’s the most important thing he’s got going for him.  Running with the Fallen was natural enough, and he didn’t make too many enemies there – but, demons … they’re never your friends.  He had a little crew of his own, extorting chump change from the beastly freaks in animal town but that fell apart and he’s been on his own.

Theme Song (optional): Warren Zevon:Mr. Bad Example

Revenent

DJ - Approved

Charisma Fairchild - Approved

Sila - Approved

Zero - Approved

Very nice, I'm really liking what I've seen so far. I'll ask that people hold off on prostitute characters for now (or at least ones that are partly in that profession), since we seem to have more than enough for now. I'd also like to see some more males showing up, but don't let that hold you back if you wanted to make a female.

Summoner, you seemed to have cut off in the Weapon of Choice section and got Former Gang and Gang Position mixed up, so touch those up, and you should be good.

I'd also like to ask that each of you whose characters are currently in other gangs, please think about how you want your character to break off and join the main gang, and let me know if you have any ideas you like.

Finally, I'll try to get an OOC and a character thread up later tonight, since we have a decent amount to start with. I'll also do a tally of those who have expressed interest so far but not posted a character app and be sure to let them know we're on our way to getting started, just in case they might have wandered off in my dilly-dallying.

summoner2183

Hey Rev... could you take a look at my character now? And what do you mean by this statement got Former Gang and Gang Position mixed up?

NVM, I found out what the problem is and fixed it.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Revenent on April 03, 2012, 06:25:06 PM
I'd also like to ask that each of you whose characters are currently in other gangs, please think about how you want your character to break off and join the main gang, and let me know if you have any ideas you like.

Finally, I'll try to get an OOC and a character thread up later tonight, since we have a decent amount to start with. I'll also do a tally of those who have expressed interest so far but not posted a character app and be sure to let them know we're on our way to getting started, just in case they might have wandered off in my dilly-dallying.

Whups, in my late-nightness I somehow mistook things and thought we were rolling Maidenhood members. I'll think on how she might break up/run off.

(Also, I mirrored the image-site I took the previous DJ image from, because it wasn't responding about half the time the page loaded...So if you missed seeing it, there's now a viewable water-elemental.)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Revenent

Carnival: No problem, it's probably something I should clarify in the OP, anyway. If you have trouble thinking of anything, just let me know. And thanks for fixing that image, I didn't realize I wasn't the only one having trouble with it. :D

Summoner: Looks good now.

Rutilus - Approved

Just follow Carnival's lead and start thinking how you want him to make the jump over to the main gang, unless you want to play as an antagonist for the entire RP.

Speaking of approved characters...

Character Thread
OOC Thread

Anyone already approved, feel encouraged to post your character up and drop a post in the OOC, as per tradition. I'll look to post up the sheet for our gang's leader and get the IC started on Thursday, since tomorrow I'm pretty much busy from 6 AM to 10 PM.

Oh, and a great thank you to everyone for being so quick with your character applications. I certainly didn't expect to get this many in just a couple days. ;D

summoner2183

Revenent

We don't really have enough people to go splitting off everyone into half a dozen different gangs, so the RP is going to focus on a new gang compiled of various races as it rises in power. (though most of the characters we have so far would probably fit into the Maidenhood, anyway). Hence the "Former Gang" thing.

Ironwolf85

debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

JuliettaRossi

Name: Jessamyne

Race: Elf

Appearance: 5’5” Green eyes, dark brown hair. Slight build. A number of tattoos and piercings. Has an affinity for jeans, leather and surprisingly, soft fabrics – cottons, chenille, silk, and sheer chiffons. Call it her girly side…Also loves silver jewelry

Sexual Preference: Guys mostly, but the occasional girl strikes her fancy every so often…

Former Gang: The Striders, but has been independent for some time now. For hire…and constantly working. Someone always needed a dirty job done it seemed – yet didn’t want to get their own fingers dirty. She’s done work for The Gravediggers and The Unleashed as well – when the job was a bit more than any one of their own wanted nothing to do with it.

Gang Position: Assassin, spy, thief (Acquisitions specialist). She never found a taste for selling her body. While she worked for The Striders, she was often a bodyguard and hired gun to keep the girls safe while they worked. During the days she was used as security for the clan’s buildings.

Weapon of Choice: Knives seem to feel the best in her hands. An old blade she generally keeps sheathed at her thigh, but she also owns a set of extremely thin and very strong blades that were almost spikes. They are kept in a rolled holder that when needed, wraps around her left forearm. For far away work, a crossbow from the rooftops always worked well. She doesn’t care much for guns but owns a small sig sauer she generally keeps in a holster at the small of her back.

Additional Skills: She’s quick, quiet and has that air of ‘leave me the hell alone.’ She doesn’t mean to…really. She also has the ability to manipulate certain elements – mostly water and fire working.

Personality: She’s quiet and that seems to put her into the category of being a bitch. The way she watched people makes them feel scrutinized. She doesn’t trust easily, but that often helps her in her profession. She puts up a wall in most situations and seems hard to get to know, but really it’s simply a defensive measure she adopted long ago. It honestly wouldn’t take much to find a way to break down that wall…

Bio: Her father died in the wars years ago. Her mother not long after, leaving her an orphan in a clan that didn’t care to bring up other’s children in lean times. She made her way through though and was mostly cared after by an elder. Once she reached those trying years she was a little too wild for anyone to care for. She became good at theft, sleight of hand and use of weapons. Women were not doing such things back then and her presence was sought after by those needing a woman to infiltrate certain situations. Luckily she was pretty enough to find her way into the presence of her targets - most who wanted nothing more than to get her clothes off… They often found their eagerness rewarded by the twist of a blade and a few more coins in her purse.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: BitterSweet on April 03, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
Theme Song (optional): Warren Zevon:Mr. Bad Example

I approve your choice of cynical musicians, sir! Lawyers probably won't help us, guns and money...It remains to be seen.

Quote from: Revenent on April 03, 2012, 09:00:08 PM
Carnival: No problem, it's probably something I should clarify in the OP, anyway. If you have trouble thinking of anything, just let me know. And thanks for fixing that image, I didn't realize I wasn't the only one having trouble with it. :D

Not to worry. I actually had tripped across it earlier in the day and gone 'Wow. Shame I don't have a place to put a character like that..."

I think between the image and the music, her attitude came together nicely for me. I inferred (but didn't spell out) some powers, so since someone was asking about power-levels, just to make things clear: I'm assuming she can effectively shapeshift into an equal volume of water, play diverse tricks with surface tension and currents...And literally drown people in herself if she can get at their airways. No ranged powers, just a sort of shapeshifter based on water, with a temper somewhat colored by how 'pure' she is at any given moment. Does that all work okay for you?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

summoner2183

Ahhhh okkkk... I think I can come up with a reason.

Urbanzorro

Ok, so I wound up with three ideas that I just can't choose between. So I'm asking everyone. Which characters do you think fit best? (I plan on playing two characters ;D). Thanks for the input!

Aunnel (Demon)

Name: Aunnel
Race: Demon
Appearance Despite how attractive he appears, Aunnel's true appearance is much more terrifying. He takes on his true form when he is in combat or he wishes to intimidate someone.
Sexual Preference: Prefers Females but will accept most partners who catch his eye.
Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen
Gang Position: The vast wealth of knowledge that comes with his age allows him to serve as an adviser while his talent(and taste) for violence also allow him to operate very well as killer of others. (Assassin/Strategic Advisor)
Weapons of Choice:
Demon Physiology: As a demon Aunnel is much stronger, faster, and capable of enduring  larger amounts of harm than anyone his size should naturally be able to.
‘Hellblade’: An ancient blade that is nearly as old as he is. Aunnel’s sword was forged in places best left unmentioned. It’s blade never dulls and is easily capable of cutting through nearly any armor.
Additional Skills:
Form Shift: Aunnel can change his body’s shape to present nearly any image so long as it is roughly the same size and shape as he is. This allows him to make himself as attractive as he wishes when he wants to communicate with others without causing fear.
Teleport: Aunnel is capable of teleporting short distances with some effort. Usually this is no further than the distance from one side of the room to another and if done too many times in too short a space of time this ability can be quite exhausting.
Cultists/Worship: The worship of others has always increased Aunnel’s strength and as such he tries to actively maintain a cult of simple minded people to worship him. From time to time these cultists can be seen following him around or simply lingering in his house.
Seductive:  Through a combination of his ability to appear to others as he wishes to, and simple practice over countless years Aunnel can be very seductive when he wants to be. Whether he uses this skill to create a cult of worshipers for himself or simply to get into the pants of the girl at the end of the bar is entirely dependent on the situation.
Personality: Sarcastic, pitiless, mocking… All these words can be used to describe Aunnel his primary motivator seems to be his own entertainment. Normally he views mortals as little more than pets or simple sources of amusement. Though on occasion throughout history he has grown attached to some mortals and seen fit to ensure that they live long and prosperous lives if for no other reason that to simply enjoy their company.
Bio: Aunnel came into existence some time long before the world’s current age. Through out the years he’s been worshiped as a god by primitive tribes, he’s possessed kings and royalty, and he’s even spent time acting as a ‘guardian devil’ to a common street beggar. He’s done these things because they amused him and because he could.

He entered Middle City under the service of The Brothers Fallen when on of their sorcerers, quite by accident, summoned him while attempting to summon a succubus. The man’s lack of skill in the magical arts was in fact the only reason that Aunnel was eventually able to escape. Given that the spell cast over him only required to obey the sorcerer’s words instead of his actual intent. So he bided his time for several months until the right moment arrived. And… well there are so many different ways to interpret the phrase “Set me free from these chains.” And with his former ‘master’ now set free from his mortal chains Aunnel was free to leave The Brothers Fallen. Since then he has set about exploring Middle City and attempting to find the proper way to get back at those who had seen fit to impose their will upon him.
Theme Song:

Tork (Orc)

Name: Tork
Race: Orc
Former Gang: None
Gang Position: Tork is able to act as an upper level enforcer, but often works best when he can use his talents for sowing fear and creating chaos to their fullest extent meaning that often he finds himself using terror tactics and sneak attacks to achieve his goals. He is also able to build a large number of devices though they might not always work as he originally planned. (Enforcer/Guerilla Fighter/Weapon smith)
Weapons of Choice:
Custom Shotgun: Like all of his weapons Tork’s shotgun is custom made by him for himself. It is not very accurate but and relies on being fully automatic to make up for this. Perhaps more importantly the shotgun is extremely sturdy, possessing very few moving parts, and can easily be used as a club in close combat without suffering any damage to itself.
Mr. Stabhappy: A large knife that Tork made for himself, great for silently picking off an enemy.
Explosives, Traps, n’ Snares: An assortment of equipment useful for creating all kinds of booby-traps and bombs. This also includes several homemade grenades of various types. (Such as smoke, flash bang, fragmentation, and pretty much anything else Tork could come up with)
Additional Skills:
Sneaky Sneaky: Tork is good at avoiding being seen, heard, or otherwise detected.
Tough as Nails: Tork is very tough, even for an orc, and can easily shrug off even the most ridiculous of injuries with little or no medical attention.
Personality:  Tork is very proud of himself (and his species) and can often come off as being cocky. But he tends to make up for it by also being extremely loyal to his friends and allies.
Bio: Tork was born in a small orc slum on the outskirts of Middle City. There, as any good orc should, he learned to love to fight, drink, cause havoc, and then fight and drink some more! By the time he was 22 he’d grown tired of his little neighborhood and decided to head into the city to see what kind of fun he could get himself into.

Over the past two years Tork has earned himself a small reputation as reliable muscle provided that you have the cash to get him on your side…But after a bad run in with The Light of Dawn, he’s been laying low while trying to find a steadier situation.
Theme Song:

Shagga (Beastman)

Name: Shagga
Race: Beastman
Former Gang: The Unleashed
Gang Position: Shagga’s life of constant fighting and hunting has made him very good at tracking others it has also given him a great amount of insight into the basic tactics behind gang battles. He is also very adept at being a bodyguard for important people, given that for a time that was his job in The Unleashed (Tracker/Soldier/Bodyguard)
Weapons of Choice:
Battle Axe: A large one handed battle axe that Shagga uses in close combat.
Colt .45 Pistol: Chosen for its stopping power and ease of use.
Additional Skills:
Superior Senses: Shagga’s senses are all heightened to a level that is far above that of a ‘normal’ human.
Expert Tracker: As a result of his strong senses Shagga is very good at tracking down others.
Strong Reputation: Due to the actions that drove him from The Unleashed Shagga is looked up to by many bestmen and beastwomen, making dealing with them extremely easy for him.
Alpha Pheromones: The pheromones that Shagga gives off as an alpha male are easily scented by many forms of abhumans and animals in general this makes it easy for him to assume positions of leadership amongst them as well as to be either very inspiring or intimidating (depending on the situation)

Personality:  Shagga can be very headstrong about most things and as a result often comes off as stubborn. He is also very honest, almost to the point of being blunt as he sees no point in lying about his thoughts. He also has a bit of a chip on his shoulder over the low rung on the social ladder that his people reside upon and discrimination against beastmen is one of the easiest ways to anger him.

Bio:  Shagga was born in one of the many beastmen slums throughout the city. And like most who are in his situation he found his way into the employ of The Unleashed at the age of 16.  Over the next several years he began to rise up the ranks of The Unleashed until he managed to become the bodyguard for a young centaur from one of The Unleashed’s upper families who was looking to make a name for himself in Middle City’s dark under world.

The gig was pretty easy with Shagga mostly following the kid around and making sure that boy didn’t get hurt whenever he bit off more than he could chew. It wasn’t a bad job and might have even opened the door to Shagga getting a position of at least a little power within The Unleashed.

That was until one night the boy ran off, with some other centaurs, from under Shagga’s protection. By the time Shagga caught up with them he fully expected to find the boy face down in a ditch. But instead he found him and the other centaurs terrorizing several ‘lower’ beastmen and abhumans who were themselves under the protection of The Unleashed.

The entire situation ended with Shagga having killed two of the centaurs. After that he knew there would be no place for him in The Unleashed so he went into hiding. Hoping to escape the inevitable payback of The Unleashed.

Theme Song:

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

Name: Ayr Fairfang

Race: Archon, Angel subspecies

Appearance:
He has a thing for leather and military gear when not dressed up for somthing offical.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual, humanoid only

Former Gang: Light of Dawn

Gang Position: Weapons-smith, Consilari, Pimp, Trainer.

Weapon of Choice: preferring his custom designed Light Machine Gun named "Invictus" and uses a combat knife as a secondary, his ability as an arms master also means he can pickup and use most weapons with relitive ease.
Additional Skills: "A Lawyer with his briefcase can steal more in a single day than a hundred men with guns"
Due to his former gang affilation he knows both how to play the system like a harp. Ayr knows how to work over an officer, politican, or police chief, he knows what palms to grease, how much, and with what. He has a great mind for market control, and knowing where to hit to cause the most damage. like all Angelic subspecies he has a gift for magical healing, and while it is underdeveloped, it makes him a decent field medic. He also has great skill at forging blades, building and modifying firearms

Personality: outwardly he presents a romantic philopher, someone with a casual approach to sexuality, who is friendly, and always the life of the party, but behind the image his mind is constantly turning, analyizing, assessing. He is terrifying to behold in a firefight a ruthlessness he revels in, once the guns start blazing his goal is to kill as many "enemies" as possable.
Dispite all this he has a soft spot for "civs" or civilans, and does not kill those few he sees as "innocent" those who have no place in the violent ruthless underworld of this city.

Bio: Archons are known for being more "realistic" and methodical in their apporach to life, and Ayr is no exception, growing up on the mortal plane in a military family when the wars ended in a stalemate his father was livid, and took out that rage on Ayr. When the entire family structure "imploded" the Light of Dawn provided the family structure he needed, and he started in the high class "escort services" and from there moved up to running that perticular branch of service, it was illegal work, but it was work. His love of weapons and armor was a luxury his high class lifestyle and large paycheck afforded him. this came to a close when he observed a Light of Dawn member pushing psych-drugs to a group of teens.
He promptly beat the Janni in question to death with his sidearm, and Light of Dawn "management" just as promptly let him hang out to dry for it. In prision he hardened up, and learned how to minuplate the system, famiously stabbing a demonic inmate in the neck for a racial slur, and yet still managed to convince the board of corrections to release him early on good behavior.
he's out now, and having only skills that work as either a lawyer or in the underworld, he chose the more honest profession and joined a gang.

Theme Song (optional): Europa-Globus

DomShark

Okay, I couldn't resist.

Name: Jugo Kiyaburo

Race: Ancient Vampire

Appearance: Known for having expensive taste and almost obsessively following trends. At his age, all things seem relative and this is how he keeps himself grounded in when and where he is. The only thing he possesses that isn't ritualistically replaced is his Katana that he carries with him everywhere, as ancient and well preserved as he is himself.

Sexual Preference: Straight for sex, but will feed on either gender. Rare and exotic blood preferred.

Former Gang: Kiyaburo Brotherhood

Gang Position: Liutenent Commander for The Brothers Fallen. He commands what was once his gang under the high leadership of The Brothers. With hundreds of loyal soldiers at his command, he wields great power, but is still dancing to someone else's fiddle.

Weapon of Choice: Onin- The six century old blade that his father gave to him when he went to fight in a war by the same name. He is highly skilled in kendo and Bushido, and his vampiric abilities certainly don't hinder such a skill.

Additional Skills: Foreign connections allow him to trade in various vices. Drugs, weapons, women, Jugo knows where to buy for a nickle and where to sell for a dime. He's not an excellent marksman, but he has plenty of sharp shooting mortals who would bleed for him, in more ways than one.

Personality: Jugo is cold and calculating, constantly weighing countless scenarios in his mind in any given situation. He's also paranoid, a dozen lifetimes spent looking over one's shoulder will do that. He's also romanticized his brief mortal life beyond recognition and is often given to fits of self loathing and self pity. He can fly into a rage just as quickly, even his oldest and most trusted advisers choose their words carefully.

Bio: Born during the Sengoku Period in sixteenth century feudal Japan (or equivalent foreign nation), Jugo lived his entire mortal life striving to be a great Samurai and serve the Lord as his father had done. He trained and studied the art and science of warfare diligently, joining the military as soon as he was able. Despite his wishes, he was trained further for several years before seeing combat, but by the time he was eighteen he got his shot. At first it was terrifying, the blood, the screams the carnage. But he had no choice but to embrace it, war was his destiny. After several battles, Jugo earned reputation and honor by showing great bravery.

After a great victory in the Battle of Kawanakajima, the Lord gave Jugo an audience, in order to congratulate him in person. That meeting was when the curtain fell on a world that was beyond Jugo's imagination. The Lord revealed that he was a creature of the night, the living dead, a vampire who lived off the blood of humans. At first Jugo was afraid, like the first time he saw the battlefield, but The Lord reassured him that he was not prey, instead, as recompense for his valor, the Lord would share his rarefied, ancient blood and grant the gift of life everlasting.

There was more training after that, or at least that's what war felt like after Jugo shuffled off his mortal coil. Killing humans was no longer terrifying or even thrilling, it was too easy and quickly became a chore. Instead Jugo set his sights on the Lord, staging a daytime assassination on his own Maker. After that, Jugo took control of the Lord's army and withdrew them from the conflict.

Centuries later, Jugo controlled one of the most lucrative crime families in the Eastern Realm, but it brought him no pleasure. He had friends, allies, loyal minions, but nothing gave him that same primal sensation that he knew from his time as a human. When he heard of Middle City, Jugo was eager to establish a foothold for his crew.

Importing an army of loyal soldiers and sex workers, Jugo worked fast to corner the Sin market within the foreign community. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before he stepped on some toes. The first time he heard of The Brothers Fallen, it was written in the blood of six of his subordinates, one of whom had also been a vampire. The girls had been ripped literally into shreds and the blood was so thick on the floor that it soaked into his socks. At last, Jugo felt something again: Respect.

It was easy to broker a peace, especially when Jugo gave himself, his abilities and his men over to The Fallen. In return, they merely gave him room to operate.

Theme Song (optional): I think Masaru is my favorite...
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

rancorius

Revenent

Wow, looking at the number of applications we're pulling in, we probably could have gone with separate gangs. Though yes, Rancorius, we're still accepting. ;D

If no one else makes a dwarf, though, I'm going to have to. What's a fantasy without those little guys?

Jessamyne - Approved

Ayr Fairfang - Approved

Jugo Kiyaburo - Approved

Very, very nice work, everyone. Go ahead and move them to the character thread as soon as you're ready.

Dom, just to make it clear, since I a few people seemed to have misinterpreted this already, this RP is going to focus around a single, diverse gang forming in the slums of the city and rising up, so if Jugo starts with the Brothers Fallen, there would need to be some reason for him to eventually make the jump over, unless you want to keep him as an antagonist.

Zorro, I'm having the same trouble as you. :-) Whichever two you pick, they're approved, and you can always save the third in case I bump up the character limit. I'd probably go with Tork and Aunnel or Tork and Shagga myself (we need an orc), but I'd like to see what others have to say, to.

DomShark

Ah that explains it. I kept wondering why there was only a space for former gang. If no one objects, I'm comfortable in the role of antagonist, at least for the first arc. Then eventually through a long war or through swift negotiations he relents to moving himself along with all his chess pieces and businesses to this fledgling outfit. Making them quick enemies of the Fallen. Savvy?

I might work on a second character if I'm to be up against everyone. It just occurred to me.... Otherwise I'll rework the concept to fit.

I just wanted to be sure and provide fodder for the party. And Zorro, just on a hunch, does Shagga happen to like axes? Pro or con?  ;D

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Pink Professional

Revenent

Sounds good to me, Shark. Considering our gang leader is going to be a former member of the Fallen, I'm sure there'll be enough incentive for Jugo to be getting in their way early on.

And Pink, I look forward to it. Which idea did you end up picking, or are you going to go with both?

Also, I realize that I've forgotten to answer the question someone posted a little ways back about power levels. Basically, the best way I can say it is, if they can blow up a car with magic or a very precise gunshot or arrow, fine. If they can single-handedly take down a building, that may be a bit too much. They also shouldn't be immortal, either, even if that means giving them just one or two weaknesses. Every character approved so far seems to fit in to that predefined range of power, so look to them if you need an idea.

Oh, and if I've failed to answer any other questions posted to me, please let me know. I try not to ignore people on purpose.

DomShark

Ai Chan
Name: Ai

Race: Red Dragon (Fire Elemental)

Appearance: Roughly one and a half tons.

Sexual Preference: Let's just say, it's never been an issue.

Former Gang: Kiyaburo Brotherhood

Gang Position: Owner, operator and head of security for The Red Dragon Casino and Jugo's main enforcer.

Weapon of Choice: Devouring. Or sometimes it's fun to bite them in half and leave their legs standing there. Fire if there are a lot of them.

Additional Skills: Flight, size, did I mention fire breathing? She can communicate telepathically with those that she chooses to or those that have special affinity toward her specie.

Personality: Ai has a tendency to be shy and defensive around strangers, but to those she's comfortable with see a demure and almost tender side of Ai Chan. She's insecure about her size and compensates for that by trying to maintain the grace and humble dignity of a good Japanese woman. Fiercely protective of Jugo and his interests, she only wishes that she could please him with more than just her strength.

Bio: During Jugo's first few centuries of Undeath, he explored China with his loyal army at his back. They heard tales of a monastary high in the most impassible mountains of Tibet, defended by scores of men and even, supposedly a few fully grown dragons. Hungry for power, Jugo lay siege to the alpine stronghold of the dragons.

The resistance was mighty and many lives were lost. Though The Kiyaburos had hoped to steal the dragons away once all the humans were dead, the dragons fought down to each of their last breaths to avenge their fallen protectors. That sort of loyalty was more precious than any other ability that the dragons possessed. Ai was only a few days old when The Kiyaburo Brotherhood killed all of her realatives, but she was spared and taken by her Master.

Though Ai knew that she was a prisoner, spared only by the mercy of her captor, she found her new Master to be quite fascinating. He had wealth, power and people who would follow him, and he always treated her kindly, calling her 'Ai-Chan' and feeding her small bits of human flesh. Master fed on humans as well, though not their flesh. As she grew older, Ai developed romantic feelings toward Jugo.

Of course, those feelings were unrequited, and have been through centuries of times spent together. Yet none of that stops her from hoping, wishing for a way that she could make herself please him romantically. As things are, she has had plenty of success pleasing him in other ways, by spilling the blood of others.

Theme Song (optional): Just for fun, right?
Everlast "Melody"

Revenent

Ai Chan - Approved

A little overpowered? Maybe. But awesomeness overrides practicality, and this isn't a system game anyway, so we're good. Just make sure both of your characters can still bleed, since we don't want anyone have too clear of an advantage over the other fighters among us.

Also, I forgot to mention it before, but Ironwolf, could you mirror your character image on Tinypic or something and replace it? It doesn't show up properly on the forum.

DomShark

Quote from: Revenent on April 04, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
Ai Chan - Approved

A little overpowered? Maybe. But awesomeness overrides practicality, and this isn't a system game anyway, so we're good. Just make sure both of your characters can still bleed, since we don't want anyone have too clear of an advantage over the other fighters among us.

Also, I forgot to mention it before, but Ironwolf, could you mirror your character image on Tinypic or something and replace it? It doesn't show up properly on the forum.

Yeah, I can see that, but she's also a liability because Jugo would roll over in a hurry if she was in danger of being slain. Absolutely will be possible, and I armed both with a heavy dose of psychological baggage that ought to make them both pretty fallible. Ai bleeds like anything else would. Together, they'll be a handful, but overcoming the insurmountable is the benchmark of this motif, right? I promise to use my power responsibly and to be thwarted in the end. I'll add the second sheet to my other character page.

This is going to be fun.

Urbanzorro

I decided to go with Tork and Aunnel, I've also posted them up on the Character Thread ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Revenent

Nice choices, Zorro, though I'm sure we'll have room for Shagga at some point in the future.

I'm sure the boss will have some work for Tork right from the get-go, though, for his early plans. >:)

Pink Professional

Name: Jack 'Jackyl' Mason.

Race: Werewolf <--Size reference

Appearance:

Sexual Preference: Mostly attracted to Females, but has not been

Former Gang: Currently in Prison, Jack once ran a rather successful fringe gang of smugglers and drug runners. He ruled with an iron fist and even caught the attention of both the Brothers fallen and the Maidenhood: Unfortunately, it was the wrong attention: After undercutting the Brotherhood of a rather potent drug deal, the demonic institution organised a bust to have the leader of the gang, Jack, imprisoned indefinably. The plan was complex, but suffices to say, it ended when Jack was caught in bed with 4 maidenhood members, surrounded by the corpses of 2 of the Brotherhood's finest assassins and half of the city’s police force at his door, ready to arrest him. The gang disbanded, quickly assimilated by the other gangs. Should He get out, the Lycanthropic gang-member would have a lot of connections

Gang Position: He has experience in being a Gang-leader: But would probably not seek the position again. He makes an excellent fighter, and is a competent drug maker and Scientist: A jack of several trades.

Weapon of Choice: In his human form, he is a mediocre fighter: Only skilled with a Knife and a pistol, normally at the same time. In his Half-transformed state, he has the strength to make anything a weapon, in his fully transformed state, he has the capabilities to Smash people to pieces or rip them to shreds. If the moon is high in the sky, he can slaughter demons. And, if the (full) moon is right, he could destroy buildings.

Additional Skills: An excellent charismatic figure. He has good negotiation skills and a lot of contacts in other gangs.

Personality: When you ask Jack about his personality, he'd answer something along the lines of 'A charismatic playboy with glorious taste in all things ever.' Should you ask anyone else, he is an arrogant, self-important womaniser with an ego as big and as dangerous as his lycanthropic form. He is prideful and impulsive, taking as much pride in his appearance as his transformation and even as his intellect. In his human form, he oozes self-control and sophistication. With a plan for every situation

As Jack embraces more of his Lycanthropic transformation, He'll lose less of the sophistication and self-control and become much more 'wild'. Considering the Lycanthropic part of him has basically developed its own psyche, devoid of the transformation itself: This can translate to a lot of things. It can be the more literal meaning of him being more animalistic and savage in a fight. Or he could simply give into his impulses instantly, letting loose an animalistic man only after his desires.

Bio: Jack has been a fixture in the city for a long time. He started out as a human scientist, hired by the very first incarnation of The Light of Dawn to find the secrets of the less human species' genetics. Things like natural weaknesses, aversions to substances...Things that made mythical creatures much easier to kill. Since having that information made controlling the city much easier. Eventually, the brother's fallen decided that letting the Light having such an advantage wasn't quite in their best interest. So a pack of hunter demons was sent to bring Jack's research back with him...Along with Jack's head.

Fate would decree that Jack didn't die that day. He was finishing up the last round of testing when the Brother's hit squad entered his facility. He was testing on the Lycanthropic gene, and knowing that he would die otherwise, he reached a state of desperation. He unleashed every test subject, killing some of the demons but not all of them. Soon, all that separated the man and a rather painful death was an Iron door that would last less than an hour. Jack turned to his only remaining weapon: Science. He injected a concentrated form of the Lycanthropic Venom, as well as a modified version of the Lycanthropic gene. Jack woke up several hours later: Naked, bloody and alive. Having slaughtered every living creature, and whatever else was in the building. He went into hiding, taking on a persona.

One hundred years later, after all the gangs had long since forgotten about his existence, Jack resurfaced from the shadows, attempting to create his own gang. The story is a tragically short one, ending up with the man in Prison, where he remains even now. During his 100 year exile, he managed to gain a modicum of control over his lycanthropy. He can transform at will, and has the power to control said transformation most of the time, the exception being days surrounding the full moon. And the more of his power he draws on, the more he loses his temporary sanity and control. Sometimes, during times of extreme stress, the lycanthropic side can simply take control, even in human form.

Theme Song (optional): (Undecided. Working through a short list including

Metalzephyr

Hey, I'd like to give this a shot, just gonna say the same thing I've been making sure to make clear to any RP I've applied for.

I have, in the past, had issues after my first few weeks in an RP with my passion to write cooling off significantly. I wouldn't be posting here however, unless I thought I could sustain a reasonable amount of posting. If I was having issues with my interest in RPing taking a dip of any serious kind, I would be keeping in close communication with you Revenent.

Now, whether this is an issue for you or not, just let me know. I am posting a character bio below anyways, as I just kinda like writing these things out. I am just trying to learn from past mistakes and be a quality member of an RP.

Name:  Nick Voss

Race:  Satyr.

Appearance: While some satyrs are short weedy gits, Nick is one of the larger breed. Standing at 6'6", he is appears largely to be a very muscular human male. The thick ribbed horns that curl from behind his temples, their dull tips curling away from his head, much like a Ram's. His face is otherwise that of a handsome man, but not strikingly so. Otherwise, the only thing that classifies him as a 'sub-human' are his legs, backward bent and with thick fur from the top of his thighs to several inches above his cloven hooves. A scowl usually darkens his features, which helps him cut a very physically intimidating figure. He often dresses much like a bouncer, or enforcer, but when he has the option, fine suits are by far his favourite thing to wear.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual. Dominant, and very physical. Also, Satyr, you can guess what his appetites are like.

Former Gang: The Unleashed.

Gang Position: Enforcer. Whether used for actual raids or hits, or just kept as a visible reminder of the gang's physical threats, he has been locked into this role based on his appearances.

Weapon of Choice: Brass knuckles / horns. Anything that hits hard and he can use his momentum and physical strength for. Occasionally throws on more exotic fist weapons when occasion calls for it.

Additional Skills: Businessman and planner. Nick isn't always the most smooth talker, or best at convincing others to see his way with words alone, but he has a remarkable head for business and setting out long term plans. Very intelligent, but often underestimated because of his race and size.

Personality: A very smart individual currently frustrated by the limitations others put on him. Generally very serious, but can find humour in terribly morbid or odd events. When he isn't stormy and broody, likely to be very dangerous, as things are going according to plan.

Bio:  Born and raised on a farm, Nick was valued only for his strength. But in his spare time, he read voraciously, and when he was 17, gathered his things, and left the farm, headed for the big city. He quickly found employment as a bar bouncer at a dive in Middle City, and spent most of his wage and free time on educating himself about business. His reputation for physical capability got around quickly, and a member of the Unleashed offered him more than triple what he was being paid to work for them when he was 18. Since then he has worked for them, patiently educating himself when he could, and investing what money he made in bettering his mind. He has primarily been an enforcer during raids by and against other gangs, or alternatively as eye-candy/intimidation for various bosses in the gang's 'courts' and events. Despite gaining a reputation for competency, the Centaur bosses of the Unleashed aren't interested in the sort of ideas Nick has been trying to get them to agree to for the past decade. He has been attempting, with no success, to convince them to let him run a legitimate nightclub/bar, and use a legitimate cover to better do business in areas the gang normally cannot access due to their 'sub-human' image. The leadership would prefer to focus on their drugrunning and production, and generally rejecting 'proper' society. Nick wants to use 'proper' society, not become it, but assumptions about his intelligence, capabilities, and the direction of the gang, prevented his ideas from taking hold.

While still young for a Satyr, Nick has decided he has had enough, and quit the gang. Their initial reaction was hostile, but it became clear quickly that he was more trouble to eliminate than to ignore after he took out their hitmen on three separate occasions. He doesn't hold a grudge for that, seeing it as just doing business. He has admitted his idea make not work for now, but he wants to be in a gang that doesn't ignore his mental strength, and is at least open to some of his ideas.

Theme Song (optional): Afraid I don't have anything yet! But it will likely be metal when I do :D

Lemme know what you think!

Revenent

Jackyl - Approved

Just be careful not to make him too overpowered compared to the rest of the characters, Pink.

Nick Voss - Approved

My apologies to falling behind again on when I wanted to get this started, but it's been kind of a difficult week. The basics of it are that certain trusts on a number of levels were betrayed, and now I won't be able to speak to one of my closest friends for a good, long time, but I'll do what I can to start this when I get back online later this evening. Make sure to let me know if your character is going to need special arrangements to hook up with the main gang, rather than just showing up to meet at the start.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Revenent on April 06, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
My apologies to falling behind again on when I wanted to get this started, but it's been kind of a difficult week. The basics of it are that certain trusts on a number of levels were betrayed, and now I won't be able to speak to one of my closest friends for a good, long time, but I'll do what I can to start this when I get back online later this evening. Make sure to let me know if your character is going to need special arrangements to hook up with the main gang, rather than just showing up to meet at the start.

Sorry to hear. Life does happen. Thanks for letting us know about the delay.

I think there are three of us from the Maidenhood who probably can easily be tied together to 'hook up' with the gang. Not sure about how it will work for diverse others.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Ironwolf85

Revenent

What he said. Since some of you seem to have missed it, check out the OP here to find links to the first IC thread, the OOC, and the character thread.

Oh, and I think you missed my earlier request, Ironwolf. Do you mind mirroring your character's image and replacing it? It just shows up as a small question mark box on the Elliquiy page.

Ironwolf85

no prob, seems odd that that was working fine when I first posted

Vergil1989

Hey guys and gals.  I cannot believe I missed this when it first came up.  Rev, how could you let me miss out on all the fun?  Lol, joking aside, I am curious to see what the numbers are for the gangs, meaning how many people are in each.  Just curious since I want to try to balance things out a little bit if at all possible.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Metalzephyr

Heya Vergil!

We're actually all former-gang members of various gangs, the RP is about us joining some new gang. I think Rev is okay with people currently being in another gang and needing some RP to get out, but the one gang together seems to be sort of the goal.

Thus the 'former gang' entry in the character sheet. I was confused as hell at first lol.

As for those of former gangs, we have at least a few Maidenhood members, 2 Unleashed, I think 2 from that big demons one, and a handful of mercenary types.

Vergil1989

Name:  Demona, The Pleasure Fiend

Race:  Full fledged, fully formed succubus.  (Details to follow.  Hint, think Constantine.)

Appearance: 

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Former Gang:  The Maidenhood

Gang Position:  The Ambassador/the Drug Alchemist.  Her advanced age has allowed her to learn much about modern drugs and her powers as a succubus allow her to work nearly anyone over into seeing things her way.  Nearly anyone....

Weapon of Choice:  Her body alone is all the weapon she needs.  Even so, she has a rather wicked fetish for whips and chains and the skill to employ them with deadly efficiency should she ever need to.  Normally she uses such weapons during her 'playtime', but regardless she also has two jeweled daggers on her slender hips, loving to see the life leave her prey's eyes when she's right in their faces.

Additional Skills:  You'd be surprised how much a skilled hooker can learn from clients while in the throes of passion.  So it should come as no surprise how much I learn to use to my advantage in just one night.
Demona, also known as the Pleasure Fiend, is one of the few true succubi that haven't had to force their way into a human host to work her particular brand of hellish magic as so many other demons have before her.  There's a reason for that but for now, know that she can shape shift to any female or near female form she wishes, can employ a variety of drugs for various effects for the pleasure of her clients who she 'negotiates' with for the Maidenhood, and has power over pheromones from both men and women alike, regardless of sexual experience or lack there of.  Her fangs in her upper lip and the stinger in her whip like tail also holds a potent aphrodisiac venom that in men forces the production of semen to almost unbearable levels with just one painless sting/bite which is a conduit for her soul stealing power which in turn feeds her hunger for soul energy when they climax in or on her.  She can feed from women as well but it requires more and closer contact to have an equal effect.  She doesn't mind though.

Personality:  Demona is the ultimate negotiator, or so many have said.  She is utterly charming, alluring, sexually driven, and isn't afraid to speak what is on her mind.  She is a demon and has the wisdom and cunning of her species with countless years of experience to fall back on.  Few have ever said no to her repeatedly, if at all, and the few that do she finds only the utmost respect as long as they show her the same thing in kind.  Intelligent and a very, VERY hands on person, Demona is a force of nature in the underground gang wars that keep the gears of Middle City turning.  She's also the grease in many plans that tend to fall through the cracks when opponents try to outwit her or overpower her, only to end up bound in chains and beaten, tortured, and punished in every imaginable way she can think of before having the life sucked out of them one painful/pleasurable climax at a time.

Bio:  Demona was one of the few demons that Constantine, the legendary demon hunter and exorcist had not been able to find or defeat before she had clawed her way out of a human host, making herself physically manifest when she had finally succeeded where others had failed or had been stopped soon after they had.  When the start of the end of the world had been thwarted by the man's efforts, she had kept herself as far from him as she could because she was enjoying her time on Earth too much to risk such a confrontation.  All that aside, she originally joined the Maidenhood at its founding, and while she could have worked her way to the top, she preferred to be out on the streets, peddling the newest drugs she had created herself, as well as 'negotiating' favorable deals for her sisters in arms with every exotic being she ran into.  All that changed when she found someone she couldn't manipulate, the new leader of the Maidenhood after the old one left.  She was totally ruthless and uncaring for any of the demon's advances or her ideas, preferring to regulate the succubus's actions to simply fucking everyone the woman wanted her to, pumping them for information as she did.  It wasn't that which bothered her because Demona would be the first to admit she was a whore of Hell and she loved every second of sex she could get with any being, regardless of what they were or what their preferences were, (for the most part.)  It was the simple fact she'd been discarded like so much trash that got under Demona's supple and soft flesh which was just as malleable as clay.  So, one day she decided she had had enough, packed up her lab of goodies, and left it all behind for greener pastures, to put it one way.

Theme Song (optional):
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Revenent

Demona - Approved

Glad to have you aboard, Vergil. ;D She looks like she'll be a lot of fun, and very useful for an intel-focused leader like Marc.

You know the drill. Post her in the character thread, drop by the OOC, and post in our first IC whenever you're ready.

Vergil1989

I'd be most happy to do so Rev buddy.  Let the games begin!

Katz

Hi!
So that's my very first character here on elliquiy, I hope you like him, and yes I thought about Deadpool while creating him :)

Name: Wade Richter

Race: Human with alchemical and genetic alterations. Mostly faster regeneration, resistance to pain and faster reflexes.

Appearance: Wade doesn't look extraordinary or does anything to make him so. Although he is very lean and muscular many parts of his body are covered in scars.

Sexual Preference: Straight.

Former Gang: Been there, done that. He didn't exclusively joined one gang, but sold out his skills for the most bidding.

Gang Position: Assassin, also some proficiency in alchemy and weapon smithing.

Weapon of Choice: With no supernatural skill to rely on, Wade trained in nearly all available weapon classes, be it swords, rocket launchers, pistols, sniper or simply hand to hand. Although his favorite mode of attack is planting custom made claymores for his target and sniping its head of with a comfortable mile between them.

Additional Skills: Like said before, he doesn't has supernatural abilities, besides his weapon skills if you want, he relies on alchemy to remedy some of that. Healing potions, narcotics, poison and any other stuff he could use, he is able to make so himself. In combination with his experience in weapons he does like to tinker around... so claymores with silverballs, bullets infused with holy water, demonic blood, garlic or whatever type of enemy he has to fight are nothing exotic for him. 

Personality: He's mostly comfortable alone, but is able to work in a team. But he has some quirks, mostly from the myriads of potions he ingested, that make him seem unreliable (if he didn't take another potion against that). Wade has some kind of moral codex, which only does make sense to him, although he seems to bend it around pretty much if he feels like. Having lost his parents to supernaturals he is not very comfortable around any of them, making his finger twitch for his guns and swords. Like an employer once said: "Wade if you only could get that mouth of yours under controll..."

Bio: Pretty early in his life Wade lost his parents to supernaturals, foreshadowing his dark later life. Being a orphan on a street with demons, vampires and any other predators he learned to fight for himself very soon. His skill for survival and killing brought him attention from one of the few purely human companies still in business. They trained him to be a hitman and with the following years he only honed his skill in the arts. Later his employees got killed in the gang wars and so he was alone again, but this time he was one of the predators. Now he's selling out his skills as gun for hire, hitman or anything else which seems fit to his abilities.

Theme Song (optional):
Edit: And yup, I would totally play him schizophrenic, fully armed and schizophrenic.
Totally so.

Revenent

Wade Richter - Approved

He's no Deadpool, but he'll do. ;D Post your character sheet in the appropriate thread, stop by the OOC, and then feel free to start posting. If you need me to fill you in on any details you may have missed, don't hesitate to ask.