CthulhuTech: Slow Corruption - Cancelled

Started by PixelatedPixie, July 31, 2017, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I will be holding off running this one.

I started looking through the CthulhuTech books again for a one-on-one roleplay and realized that they are rather well suited for this website in terms of content.  I'd love to play in a large game using the system and/or setting, but I thought I would try my hand at running one.

That said, I have a specific idea in mind and will be accepting (assuming I can even get that level of interest) 2-3 characters, or 4/6 characters but in (potentially competing) groups of 2.  I won't be doing so on a first come first served basis, and am leaning towards keeping things limited to the 2-3 characters.  I would like players who can post relatively frequently, are comfortable with the content outlined below, and don't mind a game that will intentionally be unfair for their characters. 

The story I want to do is the corruption of some characters by the Chrysalis Corporation.  With the eventual goal being them becoming dhohanoids or at least Children of Chaos (based on the rules in Ancient Enemies, though they will not start with Assets/Drawbacks related to that role).  I expect the game to be full of sexual content and if there is combat, it will be heavily stacked against the characters. 

I will be rating the game extreme.  It will include nonconsensual sex (involving humans, dhohanoids, Nazi sex machines, etc), interrogation (which could involve some forms of torture), drugs, corruption, cults, and insanity.  If you are uncomfortable with any of that please mention specifically what. 

The characters should be members of the Chrysalis Corporation or a subsidiary, and should be of the sort to catch the eye of the higher ups.  They might have already been groomed a bit, and have the slightest inkling that more is going on, or they might be fresh-faced and know absolutely nothing.  I am also open to more complicated backgrounds, such as a character being an FSB agent sent to infiltrate the organization. 

It will depend on the characters, but the game will likely begin with the characters being recruited for a special project by a high ranking member of the corporation.  The characters will then be made to carry out various tasks for said project (missions/quests in other games), with each pushing them towards corruption and vice.  Disobedience will be punished, and the tasks will often involve sexual content of some type.

If you are interested please post with a brief character, what content you are comfortable with, and any contributions or comments you have about the plot!

wander

Ooh, nice! I can make a new business person character for this game.  :-)

I'd be fine with all you have mentioned and I like that this would be a Chrysalis Corp game. Since reading Ancient Enemies, a Dhoahanoid game has been something I'd be interested in.  :-)

No comments yet, though I'm feeling concept-wise an up and coming middle-management/supervisor office type, someone who'd step on others to get on the next rung of the corporate ladder and the good looks to go with it. Basically a real Wall Street styled shithole of a character. Unsure on gender, as both male and female characters of this type can be played in different ways that would be entertaining and fulfilling to me.

I'll chip away at a sheet when I can.  :-)

AKunoichi

I'd be interested, but I left my C-tech book back at home and probably won't see it again for a while. I was an early buyer, and it's been on my shelf for years, I still don't know if this is a good system/setting or not, but I love the idea of playing a bunch of corporate assholes getting involved with horrible tentacled abominations.

TheSithChicken

I love everything about this idea. I love CT and my favorite aspect of it is the Shadow War between the Eldritch Society and the Chrysalis Corporation. So this is right up my alley. Such a fun setting with a fairly solid system behind it.

I am perfectly okay with all mentioned content but I will have to take a moment to think of a proper character. Take a minute to reread my CT books. That kind of thing.

wander

One question would be how much of Authority and Duty are we allowed to start with? I'd guess pre-Dhoahanoid the highest for Duty would be 2, which represents being on call 24/7.
I'd guess 2 for Authority also, which represents a local department manager level. Authority 1 is supervisor level, which may be better for a non-Dhoahanoid character. Not sure though.

What's nice is (unless I'm missing it) there doesn't seem to be a Tenacity requisite for any Dhoahanoid. They just eat Asset points for when the Rite will happen.

PixelatedPixie

I should mention that I prefer M/F encounters over F/F or M/M.  And I generally prefer to play my dominate characters as male.  So I would prefer (if people are debating) that characters are women, though I can certainly find a place for male characters as well (either with a dominate female NPC, as long as you don't mind my lack of experience and what not in that area, or with the male character being more dominate). 

I am mostly just looking for concepts at the moment, not full character sheets.  Also I won't require people have Ancient Enemies, we can figure out something if you don't have the rules in that book.

Employees of the Chrysalis Corporation (and owned subsidiaries) are expected to work 60+ hours a week in a competitive, cutthroat environment.  Most employees have multiple managers, and the managers often feud and fight between themselves.  Most employees are expected to socialize with other staff outside of work several times a week.  So most characters would have Duty 2, though I won't require people to take it (it will probably be a freebie of some sort once I've settled on any creation rules I want to add).

A dhohanoid usually starts at supervisor or lower-management rank I believe, so the highest someone not in the know would get would probably be a low level supervisor.  They might want to be higher, and that could even be the reason they were chosen.  Up and comers are also groomed, offered money to look the other way, that sort of stuff.  So a character would be limited to Authority 1, and even that would be the lower end of the asset.

I don't believe that there is any requirement to be a dhohanoid, other than not being a para-psychic or having outsider taint.  I think those are the only two ways that are mentioned that can cause the rite to fail.

Quote from: AKunoichi on July 31, 2017, 07:33:58 PM
I'd be interested, but I left my C-tech book back at home and probably won't see it again for a while. I was an early buyer, and it's been on my shelf for years, I still don't know if this is a good system/setting or not, but I love the idea of playing a bunch of corporate assholes getting involved with horrible tentacled abominations.

I think there may be issues with Critical Failures (specifically, the chances go up when you go to 2 dice and 4 dice, with 2 dice being a very noticeable jump), and I may houserule that if you succeed you can't critically fail (or you succeed but also critically fail). 

wander

I'll likely have a reread of that section of Ancient Enemies that deals with Chrysalis later, I'm coming up empty on character concept atm, though I know I want in. Hoping reading that will inspire me towards something neat.

TheLaughingOne

Cant beleive i had missed this!! Would totally be interested in a game of C-Tech!! I got most the books at home, and will dig them out once off work!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

wander

Was reading up on Chrysalis earlier today, I'm really feeling their work in Asia would be some fun stuff to do (p.107 of Ancient Enemies for our fair GM to look over for inspiration).

So, outside of doing a sheet just yet, I like the concept of a guy doing a 60-70 hour week at a subsidiary, then is being tempted with cash in hand by a Vassiamon. I'm feeling he's the son of a Children of Chaos that came into the business after the take-over. Maybe he has some Debt or other debility that has the poor schmuck needing the cash. On the inside, he's a ticking time bomb, though outwardly (at least at the start) he'll be more your introverted average joe.