X-Force: Underground - An Adult Themed Marvel Roleplay (Interest Check)

Started by lights, July 19, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lights

“I don't care what Charles or anyone else told you. I know that you can do more. That's why you're here. To do more. To take what you can do and make the world better. If only by keeping people in it for a little bit longer”.

-Nathan Summers (Cable)

The game will be set in a relatively accurate, though darker version of the Marvel Universe. You'll be playing as one of the starting members of a new subgroup of X-Force known colloquially as the Underground, after having been recruited by Cable himself. X-Force, for those who aren't familiar with the title, being a more covert group than the X-Men or Avengers, but one not unfamiliar with the rest of the Marvel world. You'll be acting for the good of the world but not as traditional superheroes in capes and costumes. More, as part of a new team with a new ethos you'll need to investigate illicit threats and rumours. You'll need to respond rather than react to what happens around you. And you'll need to think if the dangers you face are something that you should stop, or are too much for you to handle. Think of it as a little bit of X-Files meets X-Men. Missions may involve such objectives as investigating abnormal sightings, or possible abductions or trafficking, or finding the suppliers of drugs that temporarily alter genetics to give powers or abilities. In short, these won't be missions for a traditional team.

“Oh em geee. You all wanted to be heroes. That is soooo adorable. Yes it is. Yes it is. Oh yes is is. I just want to pat your heads and pinch all of your cute little cheeks. Especially you honey. Those are some sweet cheeks. I mean seriously, baby got back. I like your butt and I cannot lie you other broth...What? Nate you said to be nice to them. And that is a nice bu...owww. Hitting isn't caring Nate!”

-Wade Wilson (Deadpool)

It's not all bad though. Deadpool may show up and make fun of you. That may well happen.

“...believe me, I get it. My mutant power is luck. Right place. Right time. That's what you're here for. You might not be able to do big flashy optic blasts, or lift half a building. But here. Doing this. Right place. Right time. Count on it”.'

-Neena Thurman (Domino)

As for powers and stats, this will be a freeform game (though I'll be trying to keep it as open to player exploration and choices as best I can). However the power level will be relatively low. This is a more covert team, nothing that would attract the attention of major players or major response units like SHIELD. You'll be medium tier street level at best. Characters will need to have definite strengths and weaknesses to their abilities. And if possible I'd like them to be original characters. Though if you like the idea of the game and really think an existing character would work then PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Now on the subject of powers and abilities, I'd actively encourage them to be different and creative. Things that might not always be noticed or stand out would be good for the team. Equally things that you thought about for a previous game, but didn't quite fit might well be good for this one. Anything you like really, that you think would fit the setting and fit who you want to play. Though, that said, you don't have to play as a character with a unique or subtle ability, but please try to take the power level and setting into account.

“You're not working to be an X-Man, or an Avenger, or an Inhuman or anything else. You're not going after the obvious dangers to the whole world. Just the small ones that the other people miss. The ones nobody thinks to handle until it's too late. Until it gets big. Or bad or ugly”.

-Nathan Summers (Cable)

You don't have to play as a mutant, and the field is pretty open when it comes to how you got your powers or where your character is from. You even can choose to have your character use a tech device if you'd like. But it shouldn't be something large and obvious like a power suit or a really big gun. Besides Cable will probably think it's one of his and take it when you aren't looking.

However, no matter how or where your character got their abilities from they should be skilled enough in their use to warrant inclusion on this team. Though they shouldn't be up to the expert level of the top Avengers or X-Men. In other words it shouldn't be inconceivable for your character to sometimes miss a shot or lose a fight. Even if they do try not to.

Also bear in mind that they are chosen for this team. So your character should have at least some reason to be on it. And they should also have some sense of morality. They don't have to be the most upstanding person, but this is a team game so no clear psychopaths or characters that are constantly violent or abusive.

“Do your job. Get back. Go get drunk. Have some fun. Do it again tomorrow”.

-Logan (Wolverine)

This will be a mature RP. This is Elliquiry after all. Characters must be over eighteen. And swearing, alcohol, drugs and sex are all on the table.

Just clean the table up afterwards okay.

“You've heard the speech. You know where the door is. And for those of you that don't take it, welcome to X-Force: Underground”.

-Nathan Summers

That's pretty much it. Let me know if you're interested. Ask any questions you want. And feel free to PM me about any issues if you don't want to discuss them in the thread.

Oh and thanks for reading :)

Recruitment Thead is up now

LunaJinx

I think I am kind of interested and I have a couple different original characters as is with subtle powers (telepathy and Persuasion)

Orange Marmalade

Poking my head in here, too! This sounds like it could be interesting.

Kokaine

Interested.

I'd like to bring over a character I had previously if she's not too powerful for what you had in mind. She's my wireless hacker chick.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Deathnote

Hmm... I have a couple original character ideas, but the one I really want to play as right now...

Can I play as a symbiote?  I'm not talking about a character bonded with a symbiote suit, though.  I want to play as the symbiote himself.  The idea as to have him bond with the other player characters, switching hosts on the fly depending on the situation.

Yoda

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

lights

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on July 19, 2017, 05:13:41 PM
Looks interesting, I'd be..well..interested.

Awesome. Glad to hear it :)

Quote from: Blinkin on July 19, 2017, 06:08:48 PM
Hmmmm... I haven't seen anything in the super-hero universe in so long, I doubt that I even know more than half a edozen names... but I've had a bit of a quirky of a character that I've wanted to try out forever...

Mr. Extraordinary!
(In a slightly noisily monotone, "Ummm.... that's Mr. Extra Ordinary...")
Powers:

He's so ordinary that if you're not looking specifically for him, your eyes just sort of skip over him as part of the background.

His voice is so manotenous and monotonal that it puts people to sleep... if he needs extra boringness, he carries a copy of the US tex code to read from.

And, that's it. Really, pitiful, huh?

Lol. That's pretty funny.

Though the basic power concept, of being unable to be percieved unless specifically focused on is actually a pretty good one. And if you wanted to make a more serious character I'm sure it could work. 

Quote from: LunaJinx on July 19, 2017, 07:04:49 PM
I think I am kind of interested and I have a couple different original characters as is with subtle powers (telepathy and Persuasion)

Nice to hear it. Either or both of those would be fine and fit well.

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on July 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM
Poking my head in here, too! This sounds like it could be interesting.

I'm hoping so too :)

Quote from: Kokaine on July 19, 2017, 09:00:25 PM
Interested.

I'd like to bring over a character I had previously if she's not too powerful for what you had in mind. She's my wireless hacker chick.

Oh Yeah. I remember. She seemed really interesting.

I was actually able to find an old link to that game and after checking her sheet, I might not be able to give you all of her light related powers, but she'd definitely fit here.

(And I could always increase power levels a bit in sign up if that's what people are wanting).

Quote from: Deathnote on July 19, 2017, 10:12:15 PM
Hmm... I have a couple original character ideas, but the one I really want to play as right now...

Can I play as a symbiote?  I'm not talking about a character bonded with a symbiote suit, though.  I want to play as the symbiote himself.  The idea as to have him bond with the other player characters, switching hosts on the fly depending on the situation.

That's a pretty unique idea. I'm not quite sure how it would work in practise. I mean you'd need a lot of co-ordinated posts with other characters, as well as their approval for you to do this, for every action. I'd be worried about it effecting the flow of the game.

However if you considered maybe tweaking it a little and playing as a character who had chosen to bond with a symbiote but shares thoughts and feelings e.t.c. with it (as opposed to it just being a thing that does what he/she wants like Carnage or Venom) then you could still write from the symbiote's perspective and that could definitely work.  Maybe have it try to control NPCs, or seperate to try to enter areas and so on. He/she could be frail without it, or be unable to be seperate for long periods, or something like that as a weakness?

Definitely lots of room to manouver with it anyway.

Quote from: Yoda on July 19, 2017, 10:16:01 PM
I am interested :)

That what I like to hear :)

I'll leave the interest check up a little longer (because I know people don't always go on E every day) and I'll be sure to update it with any info about an OOC/Sign Up thread.

Kokaine

Quote from: lights on July 20, 2017, 12:17:54 PM
Oh Yeah. I remember. She seemed really interesting.

I was actually able to find an old link to that game and after checking her sheet, I might not be able to give you all of her light related powers, but she'd definitely fit here.

(And I could always increase power levels a bit in sign up if that's what people are wanting).

Awesome. I'll see if I can scale her back without just making her a complete sitting duck.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

VoluptuousVixen

LunaJinx

The characters I had in mind looklike:

Farrah Ann Townsend - Telepathy

Tatianna(Tati) Melissa Barton - Persuasion

*Note except she has a single long, tight, braid that falls just past her butt*

Defin of Power of Persusion from Superpower wiki:

The user can compel people by speaking, the victims are unable to disobey; the seemingly cogent commandment is far too compelling. At high level, user can even persuade people into hurting/killing themselves or even flip around sense of logic, but can never cause victims to achieve what they are not capable of (ex. Flight).

lights

Quote from: Kokaine on July 20, 2017, 01:22:43 PM
Awesome. I'll see if I can scale her back without just making her a complete sitting duck.

I'm sure we can figure something out for her :)

Quote from: SilkNSatan on July 21, 2017, 06:16:00 AM
Can I request Pyslocke/Elisabeth Braddock?

Psyclocke might be a little powerful for the game. I'll think about and let you know.

Quote from: LunaJinx on July 21, 2017, 07:13:48 AM
The characters I had in mind looklike:

Farrah Ann Townsend - Telepathy

Tatianna(Tati) Melissa Barton - Persuasion

*Note except she has a single long, tight, braid that falls just past her butt*

Defin of Power of Persusion from Superpower wiki:

The user can compel people by speaking, the victims are unable to disobey; the seemingly cogent commandment is far too compelling. At high level, user can even persuade people into hurting/killing themselves or even flip around sense of logic, but can never cause victims to achieve what they are not capable of (ex. Flight).

Looks great. That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of.

And for any and all people who are interested in trying the game out, I'll have an OOC thread up sometime during the next week so you'll have more information to go on then.

noodlebloom

Hey, I have an OC who is an X-23-style Deadpool clone. Would she be okay to play in this roleplay?

Amarlo

Personally I'd love to have a shot at playing X-23. I'm not sure though. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this game though. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Black Adam

lights

Quote from: noodlebloom on July 25, 2017, 05:01:26 PM
Hey, I have an OC who is an X-23-style Deadpool clone. Would she be okay to play in this roleplay?

Hey.

Sounds interesting. And I'm a fan of anything Deadpool related :) So I'm thinking she'd be fine.

I should mention though that any healing factor would have to be at a more original Wolverine/Deadpool level than the more OP showings I've seen from Wade recently (So no regenerating limbs in miliseconds and ignoring all mortal wounds e.t.c.). Just because otherwise nothing could really be a threat to her.  I hope that doesn't put you off at all.

Quote from: Amarlo on July 25, 2017, 07:12:35 PM
Personally I'd love to have a shot at playing X-23. I'm not sure though. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this game though. :)

Awesome. I hope to see you in it :)

Quote from: Black Adam on July 25, 2017, 07:52:55 PM
Interested.

Good to hear man.

On a general note, since I'm getting more requests about playing canon characters, I'm going to be allowing them in the OOC thread when it's up. But they will have to fit with setting and the power level of the game. Which I will be increasing to a more high tier street level (Think closer to comic book Iron Fist, Daredevil, Wolverine e.t.c.). Also if you've enquired about playing an existing character (Psylocke and X23) in this thread I'll be keeping them reserved in case you want them later.

noodlebloom

Quote from: lights on July 26, 2017, 12:21:23 PM
Hey.

Sounds interesting. And I'm a fan of anything Deadpool related :) So I'm thinking she'd be fine.

I should mention though that any healing factor would have to be at a more original Wolverine/Deadpool level than the more OP showings I've seen from Wade recently (So no regenerating limbs in miliseconds and ignoring all mortal wounds e.t.c.). Just because otherwise nothing could really be a threat to her.  I hope that doesn't put you off at all.

Haha, same! And nah, I'm not looking to make her unstoppable. Limbs would take a few days to regenerate, unless she just stuck the severed limb back on the stump. Even then, it'd still be a good twenty minutes or so before she got full use of it back. Her pain tolerance is super high, but only because she's experienced so much of it, and sufficient pain could still hinder her ability to fight.

diarmuid

TheBlackThrone

You have my interest. I already have an OC in mind whose power scale will probably be lower than others. I don't plan on giving him the usual power set you'd see in a Marvel or DC game. He will be purely Peak Human.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

lights

Quote from: noodlebloom on July 27, 2017, 12:25:54 PM
Haha, same! And nah, I'm not looking to make her unstoppable. Limbs would take a few days to regenerate, unless she just stuck the severed limb back on the stump. Even then, it'd still be a good twenty minutes or so before she got full use of it back. Her pain tolerance is super high, but only because she's experienced so much of it, and sufficient pain could still hinder her ability to fight.

That's more what I was thinking too :)

Quote from: diarmuid on July 27, 2017, 06:34:33 PM
I'm definitely interested in anything superhero-y! C:

Glad to hear.

It'll be superhero-y. Not superhero. But superhero-y.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on July 28, 2017, 11:05:59 PM
You have my interest. I already have an OC in mind whose power scale will probably be lower than others. I don't plan on giving him the usual power set you'd see in a Marvel or DC game. He will be purely Peak Human.

Sounds great. I look forward to seeing what you've come up with.

And for everyone interested:

Recruitment Thead is up now