News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mumble malfunction

Started by Rogue, October 12, 2013, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

I signed onto mumble for the first time last night and while attempting to fix an overlay issue (following the instructions wasn't working so I was restarting mumble) I found myself unable to log back in to the E server. Specifically in the popup it says: Wrong certificate or password for registered user. If you are certain this user is protected by a password please retry. Otherwise abort and check your certificate and user name.

In the log it says:  Server connection rejected: Wrong certificate or password.

The last attempt to log in was 10:53:44 CST. And I can e-mail the cert to staff if that's what's needed to fix it.

Attempts to use the E password fail. I suspect it has something to do with me changing my certificate after I registered. Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, yes I've tried turning it on and off again, attempting to find the old certificate (which had been a randomized one which is why I ended up switching certs), resetting all the settings in mumble to default, and reinstalling.

Silver

I believe that if you cannot find the old certificate that you will have to get a new one and register under a new name, I might be wrong but I believe it was something that happened to Sabby as well in the beginning of the year. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Rogue

hmmmmm..... * goes to experiment*

Edit: Thanks Silver! :)

Edit 2: Staff still has to reapprove me but hey. I'm in the silent lobby.

Silver

People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Rogue

Just waiting on Staff approval. I'm in. :)

Silver

*nods*

That's the thing about certificates, they will bind to only one name, meaning if you lose it you are SOL. Why when I joined mumble in the beginning of the year I saved mine to my computer and emailed a copy to myself for safe keeping, which came in handy when I got my laptop to switch everything over. This time I would save the certificate just in case anything happens again so you will not have to do another name change.

Rogue

I have the new cert saved already thanks. I just didn't realize about the old one. >.<

Lady Lunarius

I'm having issues with it now. I can't seem to get it to work at all and I had the exact problem you are. New Cert and everything but that box still pops up. I don't have my old cert either.

Eh I just shortened to LadyLuna and it let me in...bleh
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Rogue

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on October 20, 2013, 10:17:08 PM
I'm having issues with it now. I can't seem to get it to work at all and I had the exact problem you are. New Cert and everything but that box still pops up. I don't have my old cert either.

Silver's recommendation of using a different user name worked. (I'm now just Rogue of Time on Mumble)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on October 20, 2013, 10:19:41 PM
Silver's recommendation of using a different user name worked. (I'm now just Rogue of Time on Mumble)

Yeah I did that. T_T Sad Panda but well at least I am on..
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's