Necessary Evil

Started by HairyHeretic, May 01, 2007, 04:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

The general preference seems to be for freeform, and given the feel of the campaign, I think freeform will work fine. We can use the players PDF to get a rough build for the starting characters, and a feel for the level of powers they'll have.

I'm running this with a group locally, and one came up with a rather fun idea. Superspeed, and the immunity to kinetic damage. How would you like taking a clothesline doing Mach 1?  ;D That would hurt.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

indarkestknight

Ah, superspeed... science hates you, which is why we create plot devices like Speed Force...  ;D

NightBird

Oh! Oh! I want to play!

I'm thinking either Bast, an Egyptian-style version of the general Scarlet Witch concept or Siren, who can either persuade/seduce/mesmerize (normal speaking tone) or do sonic damage (scream) with her voice.

Does either sound like a better fit for the game, HH?

HairyHeretic

Choice is yours. People are still coming up with concepts, and I'm easy with either.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

delle

How about a character with the regenerative power of Painkiller Jane and the personality of Typhoid Mary? :D

indarkestknight

Wow... we're going to be a zany little bunch, aren't we?

Jefepato

Quote from: Glabrezubane on May 06, 2007, 11:00:36 PM
Wow... we're going to be a zany little bunch, aren't we?

Given the concept, what else would you expect?

NightBird

Aren't the villains usually quirkier than the good guys? *chuckles* Hello, minor psychosis, bye-bye angst-ridden neurosis. Should be so much fun!

Right now I think I'm leaning toward the versatility of the Bast concept, but I'll know for sure when I fiddle with a character sheet. How would you want spells handled, HH? All pre-defined, or adaptable on the fly?

Amberghylles

Well, we are villians forced to work together by a twist of fate.  <grin>  I'm glad my concept sounds solid power-wise.

Frenzy's a small-time villian, but between walking through walls and being able to tear apart almost any solid material he's always been hard to catch or keep imprisoned.  He's not the sort to stay in one place too long and has drifted between freelance thievery, mercenary work, assassinations, and working as muscle for more mentally inclined criminals.  He's not dumb, but neither is he well educated.  He's a lazy planner who likes the direct approach but can follow a complex plan as long as it isn't obviously flawed.  He's also a bit short-fused and hyperactive.

For the most part, he tends to enjoy fairly simple pleasures such as video games, drinking, loud music, and driving too fast.  He does fancy himself something of a 'player' when it comes to women and sees them as little more than potential bedpartners.  However, he tends to avoid being too forward with or around supervillianesses (proof that he can learn from his mistakes).  

He's a little taller than average with a well-toned build.  Frenzy's in his late twenties, but looks a bit younger.  Longish blond hair normally worn pulled back in a ponytail or up into a loose top-knot and bright blue eyes round out a boyish but attractive face.  He favors the trench coat and boots look when working (as he feels it looks cool) or whatever trendy suit he's been told makes him look good by the salesclerk at a mall outlet.  

schnookums

I have an idea for a character for this, but...it'd be something that I'd have to discuss in private with the GM...not sure if there's even room at this point, truth be told, but I'm interested.

HairyHeretic

Fire me off a PM .. I'm used to running games with larger than ususal groups.

Spells might be slightly trickier, as by the game rules the spells can create the effects of ANY powers, but you need to do a spellcasting roll to get them off, rather than having them "always on", as is the case for most characters powers. Let me think on that one for a little bit. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Celestial Goblin

I won't be able to make it for this one, sorry.

Jefepato

Concept-ish idea:
Jessie O'Neal is the former wunderkind of the supervillain community.  At the tender age of eight, her genius supplied several groups of villains with advanced equipment, and she used a robot she built from her Aibo and her family's lawnmower and vacuum cleaner to knock over the Star City National Bank and several other financial institutions before her capture.  Fortunately, despite her rookie mistakes, she knew enough not to tell the authorities anything, and her former associates were never caught (at least, not for that).

Jessie was tried as an adult and has spent the last decade in jail, kept away from anything that could conceivably be part of a machine.  Up until the V'sori invasion, she had nothing to do but read, and learn from her mistakes.  A few villains still remember little Jessie fondly, though, and they might be surprised to see how she's grown up...

(There are amusing background tie-in possibilities if anyone's character is old enough to have dealt with her before.)

HairyHeretic

Ok, I've opened an OOC and character thread in the Weird Small Games section, so anyone who is still interested, feel free to wander that direction. I'll get the episode 1 intro up fairly soon as well.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

We have 4 characters ready to roll .. anyone else wanting to join, give a shout, otherwise I'll get the initial episode kicked off shortly.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9771.0 is the OOC thread.

Cattle die, kinsmen die