Need a bit of help threads.

Started by Thesunmaid, September 10, 2014, 06:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

I am a GM for a game called realm of the phoenix king. I was just wondering if there is a way to hide some of the older inactive threads? We are thinking of maybe trying to clean up the threads lists..we don't want to delete them of course but I was wondering if there is way to move the threads to an inactive section in the game thread?  So if someone wants to still read them they can but we can tidy up the look of the games. There are 15 threads that have not had any activity for 3 months or more.  Just asking if there is a way to move them to a section of their own or if we can do more than just lock them. I appreciate any help I can get..I am afraid I am a bit new at this.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Beguile's Mistress

About all you can really do is lock them so no one posts and they'll eventually end up at the bottom of the forum.

Thesunmaid

Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Beguile's Mistress

You're welcome.

Now and again I take a look at that story and hope you can keep it going. :-)

Thesunmaid

well not that the guy who owns the game has come back and I am tying him to a chair to make sure he does not wander off again so I am hoping too lol.

Black Howling

Another tactic I used in a Big game is merging the topics into what we call Archives. IC archives, OOC archives. Just places to put them that keep them visible and undeleted but out of the way for the most part. It also allows you to go back and check up on anything as needed.

Thesunmaid

Well that would work we already locked them i would love to archive them...would you be able to tell me how please? I mostly just want to separate them into an inactive sort of section so it does not confuse anyone by clicking on the wrong thread. we are doing a bit of a revamp of things.

Black Howling

Quote from: thesunmaid on September 11, 2014, 01:12:36 PM
Well that would work we already locked them i would love to archive them...would you be able to tell me how please? I mostly just want to separate them into an inactive sort of section so it does not confuse anyone by clicking on the wrong thread. we are doing a bit of a revamp of things.
There is a control panel at the bottom of each thread. One of the options, for GM's, is titled 'merge thread' if my memory serves me right. It's pretty intuitive from there, just make sure the thread in which they are being put into is the same one and appropriately renamed.

Oniya

Possibly adding '[Archive]' to the subject line (by modifying the first post) could keep the mis-clicks down.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

Keep in mind that when you merge threads the posts are all arranged in date order no matter which thread they came from. 

I would suggest - if there is ever a change you'll reactivate the thread - that you simply lock them and possibly put [Archive] at the beginning of each thread title to show the difference in status.  A lot of people running group games use the locked thread technique to organize defunct threads.

Thesunmaid

well so far i have just locked the old threads but i wanted to leave them in a place where people could still read them if they wanted. or if someone wanted to reactivate. most of them are side threads and everything i locked has had no activity for 3 or more months. so i might just put inactive in the thread and leave them locked rather than mix them all up with another thread..we have like 12 of them lol this way if someone wants to reactivate they can pm and we can unlock and reactivate

I appreciate all of you for your help. :)

Beguile's Mistress