News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

I gave up on Durarara for being too scattered, but have picked up Ajin while I wait for Tokyo Ghoul's second season to finish, so I can binge it *grin*

Mirrah

I recently started watching Bartender. It's kind of different, but I don't dislike it. Then, some more Spice and Wolf, and Ballroom e Youkoso.

Quote from: Sessha on May 15, 2018, 08:39:53 AM
So I just got a glimpse of the new animation they are using for the new FMP series...and it's bad. Like really really bad. It's cheap cgi that you can obviously tell is cgi...ugh...almost not worth it to continue watching the series for this issue.

I'm sorry, but what is FMP, Sessha?

Quote from: Nadir on May 17, 2018, 11:35:59 AM
I gave up on Durarara for being too scattered, but have picked up Ajin while I wait for Tokyo Ghoul's second season to finish, so I can binge it *grin*

Tokyo Ghoul is on my back burner of Must Go Back To Watch anime. What I saw of Durarara was interesting, even if it was all over the place. So many characters though (I thought). Do you like Ajin so far, Nadir?
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

yugi006

Quote from: Mirrah on May 19, 2018, 01:23:51 AM
I recently started watching Bartender. It's kind of different, but I don't dislike it. Then, some more Spice and Wolf, and Ballroom e Youkoso.

I'm sorry, but what is FMP, Sessha?

Ballroom e Youkoso is amazing.

FMP is Full Metal Panic.

Mirrah

Quote from: yugi006 on May 19, 2018, 02:29:08 AM
Ballroom e Youkoso is amazing.

FMP is Full Metal Panic.

I saw the first episode of Balroom e Youkoso. I liked it. :D

Thank you for answering my question, Yugi! I thought it might be Full Metal Panic, but I wasn't aware they'd made a new series of it.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

yugi006

You'll definitely enjoy it then.

Yeah Full Metal Panic is a sequel.

Sessha

Quote from: Mirrah on May 19, 2018, 03:17:02 AM
Thank you for answering my question, Yugi! I thought it might be Full Metal Panic, but I wasn't aware they'd made a new series of it.

Yeah they just started releasing it a few weeks ago. It's suppose to be the final arc in the franchise. Though as I said the over use of really crappy CGI for the mecha battle scenes is...ugh...just almost enough to make me not want to watch the rest of it. The last thing they did for Full Metal Panic was about twelve years ago when they made Second Raid.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

TheScarletBlade

Anyone watching Golden Kamuy?

Loving this show, can't wait for the new episode every week.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Haruki

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on May 20, 2018, 08:00:27 PM
Anyone watching Golden Kamuy?

Loving this show, can't wait for the new episode every week.

Started it a few weeks back, got to catch up.  Loving it as well.

Also got word across my anime news sources that Rose of Versailles is being yanked from all streaming and physical releases.  That 5 years Nozomi (RightStuf) had on it went fast, and it's a crying shame.  T_T.  That's a good (if old; circa 1979) classic shoujo with heavy real-world historical influences.  Whenever they do 'real world historical' in anime these days, they often over-do it in fictionalizing the characters / events (see: Kingdom for a good example).  As such, as I said, a shame they're letting this one go.  Hopefully -someone- out there can afford the ridiculous license fees for Versailles and get it back out there for others to enjoy.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

wander

Got back to anime after a bit of a break. I come from a time and place in the anime fandom back from around 1990 when Manga UK was releasing OVAs on VHS and 'fifteening' most things. If you don't know what that means, they were basically adding more cussing into their dubs to get their releases to have a '15' certificate, which they figured was a lucrative market. So basically I was raised on Seinen from an early age and I enjoy shows which veer outside the 'moe' and conformative mass being released atm.

Been watching some things I'd figured I'd like from the Spring season. Here's my thoughts on what I chose;

Watched the first two episodes of Darling in the FranXX after all the hype. I'm actually not really a fan. I'll give the third episode a go before I decide whether to drop or not though. For some reason it's not been resonating with me.

Lupin the Third: Part 5. I like Lupin and it's classic anime kookiness. Still holds it's charm in this series. Liking it a lot.

Tokyo Ghoul:re I'm watching from the perspective of someone who read the original Tokyo Ghoul manga, have not seen the anime (heard season 2 was mostly filler and filler deserves to be in the trash), has not yet read the :re manga and figured this may be better to jump into. I've heard people are not liking this series though I'm finding it okay. So far. Could falter, though I dig the concept of
spoiler from final chapter of the Tokyo Ghoul manga
Kaneki dissociating to become Sasaki
and also the concept of the Quinx squad.

Megalo Box had a real strong start. Has that funky Cowboy Bebop/Afrom Samurai. I'm not a sports or boxing fan and avoid these kind of anime usually, though the appeal of it's aesthetic hooked me in and I'm glad I've given it a shot.

Uuchu Senkan Tirimasu; imagine if adult swim made a Gundam show. ;D Each episode is about 10 minutes long and parodies space mecha shows really well. Genuinely enjoying this and sometimes it can get so absurb with it's humour whilst another joke can be really relateable. Kooky and fun with moments I genuinely laughed out loud watching.

Gonna try Beatless at some point because I like android stuff, plus I'll give Dorei-Ku the Animation a go too, because lewd.  :-)

Envious

Quote from: wander on June 08, 2018, 12:20:50 AMMegalo Box had a real strong start. Has that funky Cowboy Bebop/Afrom Samurai. I'm not a sports or boxing fan and avoid these kind of anime usually, though the appeal of it's aesthetic hooked me in and I'm glad I've given it a shot.

Love the style, but the story is meh. I want to like it just because it's so purty.

TheScarletBlade

Full Metal Panic, to incliude the new Full Metal Invisible Victory is amazing.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Sessha

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on July 03, 2018, 04:16:51 AM
Full Metal Panic, to incliude the new Full Metal Invisible Victory is amazing.

I tried to watch it, but the bad cgi for the fight scenes was a deal breaker for me.

TheScarletBlade

I know what you mean, I hate CGI mech battles. I came up on original Gundam Wing.

If your a fan of a series from the Original Series, you can get pas the garbage GI though.

Update: Coming around Tokyo Ghoul Re, now that Kanneki is kinda back?

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Nadir

Quote from: Mirrah on May 19, 2018, 01:23:51 AM
Tokyo Ghoul is on my back burner of Must Go Back To Watch anime. What I saw of Durarara was interesting, even if it was all over the place. So many characters though (I thought). Do you like Ajin so far, Nadir?

Sorry I failed so hard at replying to this sooner! I'm enjoying Ajin, it's got some very interesting characters, a curious antagonist and has a really refreshing way of giving the protagonists flaws and traits quite a distance from heroic. They are bad people doing the right thing for the worst reasons and that in itself is fascinating.

Ajin is actually the anime chosen to start E's anime club and we've only just started watching it & chatting about it. Anyone is welcome to come along and join in.

wander

I'm open to watch more Tokyo Ghoul:re.

At the moment though I'm watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. There's a ton of Summer Season anime out, though unsure what I'll be really touching. I don't have as much time these days to tank through anime like I used to.

Sain

Quote from: wander on July 12, 2018, 09:58:40 AM

At the moment though I'm watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. There's a ton of Summer Season anime out, though unsure what I'll be really touching. I don't have as much time these days to tank through anime like I used to.

Yes! Watch JoJo. It never betrays ;D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

wander

Hob

Wow.  Look at all the anime that I have never seen. I feel old!  *laughing*  I think FLCL: Progressive is the most recent anime that I've watched. Not as good as the original FLCL, but not bad. Definitely worth giving Season 3 a shot in September.

Anyone for some old school love? Starblazer, Galaxy Express 999, Harlock, Robotech/Macross, Dominion: Tank Police...?

Hunter

I remember most of those, and yes it shows my age.     I've watched so much anime the past few years that it's starting to blur together a bit.

But my favorite is probably going to remain AKB0048 for a long, long time.   It's the only music/mecha genre anime that I remember seeing, other than Senhime Zesshou Symphogear.   But I'm a real sucker for the music genre in anime.

Sessha

Quote from: Justric on July 12, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
Anyone for some old school love? Starblazer, Galaxy Express 999, Harlock, Robotech/Macross, Dominion: Tank Police...?
Quote from: Hunter on July 12, 2018, 09:55:32 PM
I remember most of those, and yes it shows my age.     I've watched so much anime the past few years that it's starting to blur together a bit.

But my favorite is probably going to remain AKB0048 for a long, long time.   It's the only music/mecha genre anime that I remember seeing, other than Senhime Zesshou Symphogear.   But I'm a real sucker for the music genre in anime.

Ah some of those titles bring back memories as well. I remember the first time I saw Dominon Tank Police. I was like 12 or 13 at the time watching it on Sci-fi channel. Yeah remember when it used to have that label? Yeah I'm old now.

But yeah Senki Zesshou no Symphogear was pretty awesome. At least the first two seasons, not so sure on season three and even less so on season 4.

wander

I'm big into older anime, I started to notice anime more when I was a small kid around 1990, back when releases were mainly Seinen OVAs released on VHS by Manga UK. And yep, though I was a small kid when it got released, I did manage to eventually track down Dominion Tank Police on VHS (thanks UK charity shop donations!). This was in the day when you had stuff like Appleseed, AD Police, Cybercity Oedo 808. A time when Akira was new and the West had been introduced to anime in a major way.

Ghost in the Shell was just a manga and so niche to be a real deep-cut for anime fans.

The GitS original anime movie and Armitage III were some of the first anime I bought. As you may be able to tell, due to the time, I grew up in love with Seinen and Cyberpunk releases the most.  :-)

LaVnde

I was very into anime when I was a bit younger and have just started to watch some series again. My last one was Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day.I watched it in one sitting last week and I loved it. It made my cry my eyes out, especially the last episode, but in all it was a very pleasant watch.
Muse -  Pretty much AFK
Plot | O/O | PC's

Andol

Quote from: wander on July 12, 2018, 09:58:40 AM

Well sir... as a huge Jojo fan let me say you are in for a treat... and if you like it like it then Part 5 is coming out this October  >:)

Oh and thank you for the Megalo Box recommendation... as a fan of Hajime no Ippo and Samurai Champloo/Cowboy Bebop... I enjoyed it :D

wander

On Part 2 atm and been really enjoying it!

I'll be chatting about the Summer season fairly soon methinks. I'm slowly getting back into anime after a long break and trying to watch everything is hard stuffs.

When the season is more further along, I'll have more opinions on newer things.

Hob

Quote from: LaVnde on July 15, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
I was very into anime when I was a bit younger and have just started to watch some series again. My last one was Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day.I watched it in one sitting last week and I loved it. It made my cry my eyes out, especially the last episode, but in all it was a very pleasant watch.

I binge watched that back to back with Your Lie In April. I was emotionally wrecked for a few days.