Gladiator's Midievil Fantasy RP!

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterOfMyFate

Do you mind if I play as a greybeard? I have a greybeard set up from awhile ago.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

kingmaster1

I don't think greybeards are allowed to leave high hrothgar

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 27, 2013, 09:46:48 PM
I don't think greybeards are allowed to leave high hrothgar

Shout at them enough, they will.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Gladiator0161

I'm sorry MasterOfMyFate, I'm gonna have to say no to that. As KingMaster1 already said, The Greybeards don't leave High Wrothgar, for any reason. That's been stated in the game, and despite our story taking place before the game's timeline, I can't see any reason for them to have done any different before the timeline in the game considering their beliefs.

You're free to play any race, other than Daedra and canon characters ofcourse, though. Also, if you haven't read the rules on the weapons as to what's allowed, I'd recommend doing that :)

Everyone else: Alright, I'll start the actual thread Friday, as tomarrow is gonna be a tight day for me, and idk if I'd be able to finish the initial post with the NPC's with the amount of free time that I'll have tomarrow. Can't exactly predict how messy a theatre is gonna be the next day, y'know?

Plus, it'll give Asher a chance to rest up from the two jobs he's doing tonight, and the one job he and I will do tomarrow afternoon :)

Maybe if things work out, and I get finished with my first job early tomarrow, I'll try to post it tomarrow.

Gladiator0161

Alright! The thread is up! I hope you enjoy it because I spent 3 hours working on it, lol!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169700.0

kingmaster1

Awesome start, should we have our characters enter the frozen hearth?

Gladiator0161

If you want but, doing some backtracking to their trek there would be good too. Like describing what they were doing, how they got there (whether they walked, rode a horse, took a wagon ect.)

Any of those things would add depth to your posts :)

kingmaster1

Right, I'll have my first post up soon then ;D

Gladiator0161

awesome! i look forward to reading it :D

kingmaster1

Aaaaaaand, Minella makes her entrance :P

hopefully you don't mind that little addition of how she got her glass sword, if so I'll change it ;D

Vengurd

Hello all! If there is room for another, I'll just drop this here.

Currently a WIP so please, don't get too into what you see thus far (I've talked with Gladiator about this a good deal and he so far has little issue with what I have in mind).

Name: Halsnek
Race: Mixed
Class/Occupation: Mercenary
Archetype:
Alignment: Neutral

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 210 LBs

Appearance: One would usually describe Halsnek as a tall young warrior and wouldn't be far off the mark with the exception of a far peculiarities. from a distance one would have difficulty telling their species, elf or human, too much flesh to be elf, too angular to be a human, so one would assume they was half elf and wouldn't be far off the mark. Closer in one would notice other differences and suddenly find themself thinking of an orc, or half orc to be closer, and again one wouldn't be far off the mark. Tall, thin yet brutish appearing, Halsnek has angular features, slightly pointed ears, green tinged skin, surprisingly good looking orcish teeth, even the sharp nose of an elf is more rugged and rounded. While 'thin' none who see them would mistake them for slim. In a work 'bulky' would fit Halsnek well enough though would not quite capture their image completely. Corded with muscle from both their racial heritage and a good third of a life time dedicated to training, Halsnek is a naturally strong, flexible young warrior.

Personality: Reserved, Observant, Paranoid and Adventurous.
Biography: Halsnek was born into a tough and rugged world surrounded by very simple and very deadly folk whom looked out for their own. By the time most children were making friends and learning wonderful things about the world, Halsnek was introduced to the way of life they would have as an adult. At the age of four their training and education in the craft of soldiering would begin and continue for much of their early life time, the hard, grueling training broken only by snatches of sleep and the odd campaign or quick job. they learned quickly how to survive in many situations and how to adapt and, most importantly of all, how to not only fight, but to kill. Training wasn't about just practicing over and over and over, though they did that, nor was it about overcoming tougher, stronger or even smarter opponents, though they did that, it was about killing them. To get anywhere in training the children usually had to have their first kill under their belt and Halsnek was no exception. At age twelve Halsnek would go on their first campaign, primarily to sit and watch, to learn how those in the company did things, how it all worked. Learn they did as they and the other children were often in or near the command areas, watching and seeing battles or skirmishes play out, how the commanders acted and reacted. By the time they were fifteen Halsnek had a fair if not great grasp of military procedure and practice and would see their first serious campaign, fighting in several skirmishes. After the campaign was over Halsnek would be given smaller jobs to perform, usually by themself or with a small group of others until they were seventeen, at which they would march on their third and fourth campaigns, both of the short, bloody and vicious. After the fourth campaign Halsnek had proven themself capable of the job and was given the rank of captain, their own men and sent on their way to find and fulfill more contracts.
Gear and Weaponry:
Two steel Swords at the waist
Two steel War Axes strapped to the back
One Steel Shield over the axes on the back
One Steel Knife at the waist by one sword
Three Steel Knifes at the boots
One spear used as a walking stick.

Steel Plate Helmet
Steel Plate Armor
Steel Plate Gauntlets
Steel Plate Boots

Gladiator0161

Looks good Vengurd, thanks for joining! I hope the move goes well btw :)

kingmaster1

So many people going all over, it's beautiful ;D

Gladiator0161

Great job with posts everybody! It's been a really fun read! Keep up the good work!

And no Kingmaster1, I don't mind the addition that you made to the glass sword, or the fact that she swiped it from Skjoldr in years past, lol. That was actually quite clever. I don't think he'll miss it though, lol. ;)

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

lol, I'm in a post crazy mood today. I'm trying to restrain myself from posting with my Dark Elf Ranger character now xD

I love medieval fantasy settings and I want more to read! Give me moar!! Moarr!!!! lol xD

EvilMegaCookie

I am still eligible, ain't I? After I have finished Writing the biography.

Gladiator0161

Yes you are Cookie. One thing though, lol. In your appearance section, I noticed that you described your character as frail looking and that you attributed that to the fact that he wears glasses because of his eyesight, but then, you went on to say in the next sentence that he was "a mass of muscles". Idk about you but, if I see a really muscular guy with glasses, he doesn't look that frail looking to me, lol.

Were you trying to describe a lithe musculature? or were you going for a tank like what you were describing?

Vengurd

Erm, I seem to recall someone talking about why you chose the specific year we'll be playing in so I did a bit of checking up to make sure where exactly I can fit in certain events within my character history and I stumbled on the Time Line. I naturally began reading and found out that what I saw said on here was inaccurate. If I remember correctly it was said to be a guestimate. From this timeline I can at least confirm that the Thalmar and the Aldmeri Dominion do have Summerset isle and Valenwood, through apparently peaceful means before cutting off all ties with the Empire. it would be another fifty or seventy years or so before a coup would happen in Eldweyr.

Point being, I found something helpful over-all and I get to change a few (thankfully!) minor details on the character.

EvilMegaCookie

Oh yeah. When I say frail, I mean that he appears frail when people just see his face. He usually covers his body with a cape. It's all part of his plan :3 People tend to judge by appearances, so when they see a glasses-wearing man, they will often assume he is ''bookish'' or frail (atleast to my experience)and go for the Little ''lamb''. So my character uses that to his advantage. He who strikes first wins after all. Especially when you use a battle axe.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, you'd be correct Vengurd :) Believe me, me and my brother went over the timeline for Elder Scrolls games, with a pretty fair comb, before we set the date for this game, lol. Alot of things about the Elder Scrolls games are unclear, such as how long the various races live, which is still a subject of contraversy with the hard core gamers. The ages are literally all over the map.

Life Expetancy discussion -->: http://www.tesof.com/topic-life-expectancy-of-races

Also, they're aren't clear about how exactly long each era is, it seems that the most memorable events define each era and thus, define the start and end of an era. How long that lasts depends on what happened within the time frame of a certain event apparently. It's weird to say the least.

There are other things too, like why aren't Minotaurs in Skyrim since they were in Oblivion? or other greek mythological creatures that make appearances in actual Nordic tales and legends like Harpies, Centaurs, Chimera, Hydra, Empusa, or Satyrs (goat men)? or any number of summoned creatures that you could summon in the previous game, Oblivion?

Anyway, I could go on and on, lol. I love greek mythology, it's so interesting, and the creatures they came up with for their stories are awesome! :P

To that end, I was wondering how you guys would feel about incorporating some of these creatures into our rp. Here's a list that I found on Wikipedia. I'm definitely gonna incorporate Mintoraurs into our rp, since I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be there and it fits with the whole Nordic image.

List of Greek Mythological Creatures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythological_creatures

Cookie: Ok, I guess I get the direction you want to go there but, it's hard to hide that much muscle even in a cloak. People can usually tell unless they have bad vision. I'd just leave the frail appearance out of the description of his body, and say that people tend to underestimate him because he's sickly looking with the pale skin and all, and maybe he wears a weary expression to further that look. Ok? :)

Otherwise good job so far :)

kingmaster1

I'm good with any of that. Really I'd like Minella to be able to summon one of those golden chicks from shimmering isles :P

....just cause....wink wink

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 01, 2013, 07:24:01 PM
I'm good with any of that. Really I'd like Minella to be able to summon one of those golden chicks from shimmering isles :P

....just cause....wink wink

kingmaster1

Thank you Asher for bringing in the infinite wisdom of Morgan Freeman ;D

kingmaster1

So...should I move Minella to the college or is something going to happen in the inn? :P

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just waiting for interaction.