A Whole New World (Adam and Eve Type RP=Seeking Males/Females/GM)

Started by Ophan, March 20, 2011, 07:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ophan

A Whole New World
M/M/F/F/F/F (Might Do A Small Group)
All People Please Be Active in the Creation of this Story.

Idea From: Rifts

Setting: An odd yet new world that seems to mock our own.

Plot: The story of 1012 was not far off, yet at the same time its not the whole world that is seeming to meet it end. If one could call these things “ends” at all. The news has came to call them Rifts, though it seems the people that are looking into them have yet to name them. Little rips of time and space, a sphere of light that just seems to hover there. Some big, others small….that’s until they open. Lasting about a hour and a half, what most can only describe as walls of wind and nothingness. Only to vanish as quick as they just appeared leaving the land dead and lifeless. Everything that was caught with in the Rift just gone.

Whether the things and people the Rift caught in its mystery are dead or alive it is unknown to this world but the truth is:

Each Rift brings what it caught up to a different time and place….completely. The world they find themselves in is not our own. The plant life, animal life and even the stars in the night sky are nothing like what our world had to offer. Who or what ever made this Rifts seems to want life to “Start Over” on these blank canvas of a world. And the people that find themselves caught up in the Rifts also find themselves having to start over from nothing but what the Rift brought along with them. 

Seeking: 3-4 Females, 1-2 Males, GM

RP Type: Freeform

Skills: Each character will be required to have a skill that will help the group as a whole.
~Outdoors (Hunting, Fishing, Survival, Girl/Boy scouts, tracking, etc) 
~Cooking
~Crafting
~Medical
~Astronomy
~Farming

Starting Point: In the Modern World, December 24th, 2012. Along or On a overpass/interstate in central US. (With in the circle on the paint drawing.)  The Rift would have been there for a number of hours, and roads would not have been blocked off yet because of Holiday Traffic.

Posting and Characters:
~Please no less then 4 Paragraph post.
~Please use Common sense when posting.
~Will will be using a post order when the group is together.

~Characters will be allowed one or two bags.
~Please use common sense when naming items they might have.
~People driving their own cars might have more items then people in a bus or taxi.
~No super crazy characters like spies or covert military personal. I want to see rather normal people if I can help it. 

New World:

The New World the rift will take our characters to will mirror our own. HOWEVER, things will not make much sense. Where there was fields are now Oak Forest, they will see Animals that our world has never seen before. The seasons and time will be off, even the stars in the night sky will not make sense. This will be a whole new world where they will have to fight to make it day to day.

Character Sheets:

Name:

Relationship status:

Height:
Weight:
Build:
Race:
Hair:
Eyes:
Other

Profession:
Skills:

Items

Hobbies:

Character:
Background:

Sample Post:

Acid Lips

Question, the sample post has to be from the rp? or just from any rp that I have>?

Dracoat

Sounds interesting, but when you say paragraphs, do you mean a solid 5-6 sentences, or are we talking essay material here?

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Ophan

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 21, 2011, 01:14:13 AM
Question, the sample post has to be from the rp? or just from any rp that I have>?

I would like the sample post to include the character you will be useing in the roleplay.

Quote from: Dracoat on March 21, 2011, 03:54:25 AM
Sounds interesting, but when you say paragraphs, do you mean a solid 5-6 sentences, or are we talking essay material here?

Just four normal, but detailed paragraphs. (3 will be okay, but no less), I just want to keep some qulity to the roleplay. You don't need to write an essay.

Dracoat

Awesome, I'll get to work right away on my little character sheet, yessirree!

O/Os

Dracoat

Name: Daric Storms

Sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Single (He claims living the easy life)

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190
Build: Toned Athletic
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Buzzed, with a 1/2in mohawk cut
Eyes: Light Blue
Other
He wears a leather jacket, quite worn out, with jeans just as worn. Complete with a pair of old converse sneakers. He also carries an old military duffle bag that he basically lives out of. He looks rough and weather beaten, as if he has traveled the roads all his life.

Profession: One-Time Farmhand
Skills: Cooking, Agriculture, Basic First-aid

Items: 2 Change of clothes, a water bottle, some dried foodstuffs, lighter, cooking pan, rather large knife, and some twine.

Hobbies: Hitch-hiking, Looking at women, and catching his meals.
Dislikes: People who talk to much, Police, a dull knife

Character: Drifter. It's what he's done all his life, so it's all he knows. Of course the farm he had been working at since he was sixteen cooled his attitude toward life. So now he's just a drifter, moving along making a living with a pretty easy life.
Background: Daric was born to a mother who had been abandoned by her husband, the cheating bastard had run off with another woman while she was pregnant in he hospital. She did the best she could to raise little Daric and provide for them. It wasn't long before the lifestyle and the grief caught up with her though. Daric was four when he was handed off to the orphanage. His mother just drifted away as she fell even deeper into sorrow. Daric grew to resent his father who had done this to his mother and had ruined his life. What was a pretty waitress supposed to do with a child after she had lost her money to a runaway husband? His resentment continued to grow as he aged. No one would adopt the angry boy who was the troublemaker of the orphanage. The years rolled by, one by one, slowly, yet too fast to remember. Trouble plagued him all his days, nipping his heels like a rat. Destined to end up in the local juvenile correction facility, an old farmer intervened. A boy of fifteen and full of ego, the young Daric tried all kinds of ways to make the old man hate him. Life on the farm didn't reward trouble and many nights Daric went to bed hungry. After a year he decided that hunger was not what he wanted so he worked. He worked his anger into the fields and into his chores. The old man only offered praise and encouragement from day one. Randal was his name. Daric worked on the farm for five years until he grew tired of the simple life. He was a changed man, matured to the world and taught valuable lessons by old man Randal. Who had died days before. Now he drifts from job to job, living a lackadaisical style of life.

Sample Post: *Four years had passed and what had he done? Well walked a lot, that's for sure. He held up his thumb as he shifted the weight of his bag. The car he had signaled to, as most others did just whizzed right on by. Maybe that one in a thousand would show up today, or maybe the one in a million. When some decent looking chick decided to pick him up and have a decent conversation. Think about speed dating. He chuckled out loud and sighed.* Damn all this walking, it's like... *He looks up to the sun* Hot-O-Clock out here.Maybe I'll just sit here for a bit and chill. *Unshouldering his bag, he dropped it lightly to the ground, while dropping himself heavily onto the bag. He leaned back and closed his eyes, breathing in... well... life.*

*A life of his choice, he was proud to say.* Can't get any better than this, walking the roads, going wherever, and not giving a damn. *A shadow crossed his vision and stayed there. He opened one eye, then both as he realized what stood there. A mustache in a suit. A blue suit with a shiny badge.* Well it can definitely get worse... *He muttered. The cop stood there and mentioned something about not being able to sleep so close to a rift, or hitch-hike for that matter, but Daric drowned it out as always. Cops, the scum on the free man's boot. Always sticking to the law and making it harder to walk wherever. Daric might as well listen to the cop while he was there though. He collected his bag and stood. He began to retrace his steps and was awarded with the cop getting back into his vehicle. He could always turn around later.*

*Five minutes later Daric was back to his previous path, the cop having gone on his way, probably to some coffee and donut shop.* Geez, at least the esteemed officers could at least try not to be so predictable... *He displayed his mischievous grin and continued onto the slightly wavering rift in the distance. Sure, it was a gamble just walking through the rift zone, never knowing when it would open up, but who cared about some drifter anyway? He didn't feel like taking the hours to go around it so he continued on, obviously some of the braver folks thought so too, as cars and taxis still rolled on through. He held out his thumb as he walked. Maybe just maybe, fortune might smile on him today.*

Let me know what you think. Also do I need a picture or no?

O/Os

Ophan

Dracoat

Just doing a checkup and bringing this post back to the attention of the boards, I do hope we can attract more peeps for the party.

O/Os