News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Luna frowned. "Well I think the court is about to become involved." She spread her wings and started into the sky after the Mayor. "Follow on the ground!"

The next fifteen minutes were a blur as she shadowed the Mayor outside the town limits, into the hills. The land was green and rolling, spotted with wildflowers and small streams. Luna paid little attention to the scenery until the flowers suddenly died and the grass turned brown and flaky. The stretch of dead land continued for miles around, surrounding a massive silo.

As the Mayor arrived, he scanned behind him and above him quickly. Luna dived behind a cloud just in time and so evaded him. Then he turned to the ponies who were lying around the base of the silo. Even from this distance, Luna could see that the ponies were groaning in pain and their faces had an unnatural greenish pall to them. She snuck closer, pushing the cloud along slowly, just in time to hear the Mayor.

"-you did good to tell me. Keep these ponies here out of sight. I'll think of something to tell the townsfolk and the princess. Remember, not a word to anypony until I say different! Can't have this getting out now."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk fallowed after Luna as instructed. She chased after the Mayor. She ignored the scenery. She ran a bit behind the princess who was flying. when they arrived at the silo and the mayor started looking around Luminescent Dusk cast an invisibility spell. She completely vanished cape, hat and all. She watched and listened to him speak.

Her mind was racing. what could he be talking about? what danger could have been unleashed that would have this effect on ponies and teh land around us?    She was utterly stunned as she stared blankly. Her eyes scanned the scene before her and she was trying to figure out if she would be able to help them.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Empyrean

The ponies in their immediate line of sight were still lying down, groaning. The Mayor was speaking to a pony with the same slate-gray color as the rocks in the hills, who bore the image of a round shield on his flanks. The gray pony was nodding as he heard the words.

"Winter's gonna be bad Mayor. If'n they live that long. Gonna be hard to keep this quiet. How are we going to sneak these sods back into town without the ponyfolk runnin' wild? Or Her Highness seeing it?"

"I know, I know! Err...say it's...say it's a sickness!" He was pacing nervously. "And that's why we had to get rid of the silo. That ought to do it. And forbid anyone from coming anywhere near here. I'll...uh....hmm. You stay here Silver Shield, keep an eye on the place. I'll go and see about getting a cockatrice or a parasprite out here. Say there was an infestation. Yeah, that ought to do it. And just pray to Celestia nothing worse happens."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk was appalled by the mayor's choice of words. First of all something was incredibly out of place here. Second the mayor's willingness to risk bringing parasprites or a cockatrice into the area? what was he thinking?
She didn't want to get too much closer to the scene unsure of what had caused the ponies to even be in this condition in the first place.

If this was somethng that was contageous she wanted to be nowhere near enough to catch it. However the proximity of both the mayor and this Silver shield raised some doubts about it being contageous. She was trying to get a look around the clearing without moving closer. Her invisibility spell only worked on sight not sound.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Empyrean

Thunder filled the sky with no warning. A powerful wind picked up, blowing dead grass everywhere. Lightning flashed behind Luna as she descended, swifter and darker than the bolts. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" Her voice echoed over the thunder, audible even in Maneflow.

The Mayor cringed and the guard turned pale. They were both shaking and stammering, and it seemed neither was in any condition to answer. If someone was to get answers, it wouldn't be Luna, not like this. Not now.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk was startled quite a bit by the display and lost focus thus negating the invisibility spell. She walked forward slowly and began to examine each of the ill and groaning ponies. She was using magic now to see if she could find any hints of magic in use.

Empyrean

Each pony Dusk inspected with her magic had traces of magic about them. This magic was sick, a roiling blackness that stank of poison, decay, and sickness. The ponies were alive, though in terrible pain. But the magic was hours old as well. It just lingered about this valley.

pendarious

"Magical poisoning?" She pulled back in disgust. She however she had to pause to think about what sort of poison it seemed to be. It had familiar traces to it yet a few traces that were unfamiliar as well. A hybrid poison perhaps? or maybe there was some rapid decay to the spell itself that left such a horrendously mixed residue. She started pacing back and forth as she considered the possibilities.

Empyrean

The eyes of the mayor and the guard tracked Dusk's hooves as she paced back and forth, their teeth still chattering. The mayor reached a hoof out to try and grasp at Dusk's cape out of nervous fear.

pendarious

The blue unicorn stopped and looked at him with a frown on her face "yes?" she asked since he had grabbed onto her cape. She really didn't want either of the two stallions touching her right now but with the hoof on her cape she couldn't just ignore him....unfortunately.

FazzEagle

Meanwhile in Maneflow, Heavy Hoof was once again back at his barn, having already persuaded most of the Ponies present in town to attend the party. Timber Crash and No Mark were still busy with their work at the moment, leaving the 'Hoofster' some free time of his own. Leaning against the fence, his attention was placed on two local female Ponies who happened to pass by, and in typical Heavy Hoof fashion he just couldn't help but flirt a little with them.

"That's right, ladies..." Heavy Hoof said with a flirty grin on his face, "The Princess herself will be at the party later. Who knows? Maybe the Hoofster can give you two some time to talk with---" However, the sudden lightning startled the three, with heavy Hoof almost losing his 'manly' composure as he quickly leaped over the fence to hide behind the two females. Realizing it was actually just lightning, Heavy Hoof quickly straightened himself out before the Ponies looked back at him. "... it's just a little lightning, ladies - no need to be afraid. The Hoofster's still here."

Like a cue, Luna's voice could be heard.

"What was that??" one of the female ponies asked, flustered.

"T-That didn't sound like no rain!" the other continued.

"Uh... why don't you two pretty little ponies run along back home first?" Heavy Hoof suggested, motioning his hoof in 'shooing' manner, "I'm sure it's nothing; just make sure you and the others are ready for the party, you hear? Leave this to the Hoofster to check things out."

"You're so brave, Heavy Hoof..." one of them sighed.

And just like that, Heavy Hoof was left alone once again. Waiting for the two to leave, he turned his attention to the forest, squinting his eyes. He was about to go out there alone until the dark, ominous cloud spooked him too much. "... m, maybe I should go find the guys. Yeah - they'll probably want to see this." Heavy Hoof turned his back from the forest, making his way back to town to hopefully come across either Timber Crash, No Mark, or hopefully both.

HopeFox

Timber Crash trotted out from Heavy Hoof's farm and made his way into town, skipping with excitement every few steps. He made a beeline for Lucerne's Hay and Herbs, the best place for edible plants in Maneflow. He sometimes made trips into the forest for Lucerne, to gather wild herbs for her, since he was always happy to help other ponies out with plant matters. That was definitely the only reason he did it.

The bell above the door rang as Timber Crash stepped into the shop, and the green-coated earth pony behind the counter greeted him merrily. "Hello, Timber!" she called to him, smiling warmly. "Here for your usual order?"

Timber grinned stupidly at the one pony in Maneflow who could render him speechless. "Hi, Lucerne," he mumbled, his eyes following the curve of her mane as it blended from bright green to a dull yellow like grass in autumn. "I, um, er... no! I'm actually, um, shopping for a party this afternoon! You'll never guess who it's for!"

Lucerne tilted her head to one side and hazarded a guess. "Princess Luna?"

"Oh. Um. Yeah, Princess Luna." Idiot, everypony knows about that already! Don't try to be clever, it doesn't suit you! "So... we'd like to order all of your best hay. Do you have any of last week's clover left? And your best lucerne, of course! Nothing but the best for the Princess. And if you've got some garlic and oregano, and some apples and carrots, I can do that salad recipe everypony seems to like."

Lucerne scooped up a pencil from the counter with her tongue and held it in her mouth, taking down Timber's order. "Mmhm. Mmhm. Mmmhay."

"Anyway, everypony's invited to the party, so do you want to go with me?" he asked, but only on the inside of his head. What came out was: "Anyway, everypony's invited, so I hope you can make it! Bye!"

Lucerne gave him a wave and an amused smile as he slipped out the door and back towards the farm. Nice going, Logjam, he berated himself with his old nickname. Way to sweep her off her hooves. Regardless, there was preparation to be done for the afternoon's food. He was just going over the utensils he'd need for cooking for so many ponies when thunder crashed in the distance, accompanied by Luna's voice.

"What was that?" he asked himself as he ran towards the farm, hoping to rendezvous with the others. "There are no thunderstorms scheduled all week! And was that the Princess?" All thoughts of lucerne - and Lucerne - were pushed aside, his hackles rising in anticipation of something seriously amiss.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

The Mayor tugged more insistently on Dusk's cape and spoke in what he thought was a whisper. It was more like a shout to be heard over the raging winds. "You're her assistant! Talk to her! T-tell her we meant no harm! T-t-tell her not to hurt us!"

Mac84

No Mark jumped in place. The sudden bolt of Lightening and being able to hear the Princess startled him. Plus, she didn't sound happy. He trotted out of the Barn as he saw Heavy Hoof shooing some fillies back to their home. Looking around the sky. He saw a dark patch that looked out of place. It was also the direction from where He heard the Princess's voice emanating from. Without thinking he bolted from the barn in the direction of the dark patch of sky. He ran as hard as he could. Fearing that the princess might be in trouble. He didn't want to risk losing a new friend.

Seeing a Silo in the distance, No Mark changed direction towards it as the Dark clouds were circling over it. As he approached, he had to stop. the air grew foul. His instincts told him to keep away, but he forced himself to continue. Thoughts of the possibility of his new friends in danger spurring him onward.  Reaching the clearing, he saw Luna floating in Mid-air as the Mayor and Silver Shield cowered behind Miss Dusk. He trotted up, the worry very evident in his voice.

"What's wrong?"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk glared at the mayor as he made his plea for help "What do you mean you meant no harm? these ponies were poisoned with magic and then instead of trying to find help you decide to leave them? what's worse is that you planned to either bring a cockatrice or parasprites here to hide it? what's wrong with you?" her voice was soft but menacing as she spoke. She had an outright disgusted expression on her face.

Suddenly No Mark's voice cut into the clearing though it didn't stem the fury of the caped unicorn. She continued glaring at the two cowering ponies waiting for the Princess to pass her judgement on them.

Empyrean

"B-but...you don't understand! If this gets out, if the court comes down here...we'll be ruined! Our only hope to expand is the honor of hosting the Princess. If word gets out about the trouble then...then...oh Celestia preserve me! I can't imagine the amount of trouble, for all of us! I don't know how to tell the people they won't be eating this winter as it is!"

Luna snorted, silvery flame coming from her nostrils. "Too late for that." Her tone had returned to normal, but the anger was still there. She turned to No Mark when he arrived and gestured with her horn towards the Mayor. "Something has sickened these ponies and the Mayor here wants to cover it up. For the town's image." Her sarcasm was matched by her contempt for the Mayor's ploy. "But he hasn't told us what exactly happened yet." 

FazzEagle

Spotting Timber Crash, Heavy Hoof had a relieved look on his face. "There you are, Tree Lover! Yeah, that... sounded like the Princess, but it can't be, right?" Heavy Hoof chuckled. "No way some Pony like the Princess would ever have a voice THAT scary - it just won't mix." However, he soon showed doubt in his eyes as he looked back at the direction of the forest and then back at Timber Crash. "'course... it won't hurt to find out. And the Hoofster will gladly accompany you so there's nothing to be afraid of! Oh, hey..." This time, he spotted No Mark in the distance. "There's Blank Flank, right now. Hey, Blank Flank! We were wondering if you'd--..." However, the Pony was already galloping his way towards the dark patch in the sky - this irritated Heavy Hoof a little. "Hey! Don't you ignore me! Come on, Tree Lover, let's check it out! Hi-yah...!" The Pony stood on his back legs for a moment before quickly bursting into a fast gallop, showing how his muscles granted himself to be one of the fastest Earth ponies in Maneflow.

Eventually all three of them arrived on the scene with No Mark having arrived first. His attention soon shifted to the Princess, and then Luminescent Dusk. "Oh, hey, if it isn't Lumy - how you doing?" His smile of ignorance soon came to fade when he saw the sickly Ponies not far from them. "... whoa, those Ponies don't look so good. And... Mayor? What are you doing here? ... and why do you look so scared? And who the hay is that Pony?" He pointed at the guard. "... could someone PLEASE tell me?"

Empyrean

Luna lowered her wings, though the thunder still rumbled overhead. Every so often a flash of lightning would flicker amongst the clouds.

"I'm glad you're all here." She looked at her friends, and then at the Mayor. "I don't know what's going on myself. All I know is that the Mayor seems bent on keeping it from us and from the people of Maneflow. I think it's time we learn why."

The Mayor looked around, then sighed in defeat. "All right all right! Look, I don't know how it happened but there was some kind of...something early this morning. Silver Shield here guards the silo where we store extra food for the winter. When he came on duty this morning, the night watch here..." A hoof went to the various sickened ponies "..were like this. He sent somepony to get me and I was trying to avoid a general panic in town! Now there's talk of black magic and you all know things, and I don't know how we're going to keep Maneflow from going crazy! Or worse, having word get out to Canterlot. I thought if I hushed it up long enough I could set up some kind of a deal to get food from somewhere and nopony would have to know." He hung his head. "Guess that's not happening."

Luna looked at the mayor, then at her friends, clearly waiting for their advice and input before she spoke.

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof shifted his eyes from one side to another, looking at his friends as well. The whole situation was dire and surely every Pony present was filled with questions that needed answers. However, being the slow Pony he was, Heavy hoof didn't exactly quite follow as soon as the others would. Instead, the only response he made to all that was:

"Sooo... we're not going to party today...?"

Before leaving the rest to continue.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk listened to the mayor quietly and then noticed Luna look at all of them. "Although you tried to hide this from the princess.....I have to admit trying to avoid a panic from the citizens of maneflow was indeed a wise course of action." Though she was a mage in training she was well versed in politics. "It also seems that you are honest in your lack of knowledge of the ponies being poisoned so we cannot hold that against you...." She turned to Luna "Princess the only wrong the mayor has comitted today is contemplating bringing dangerous creatures to this spot"  Her anger had dwindled as she took these things into consideration.

"Also if I can study the magic around them and figure out just what the poison is I can have a cure prepared for them soon.....I recognize what sort of spell was used...what I havent figured out though is just what form of venom was used in tandem with the spell......" she had a concerned expression as she stated this.

Mac84

No Mark stood in quiet contemplation. Silver Shield was probably one of the most, if not The most, respected guard in all Maneflow. He was told stories as a Colt of his heroism and valor. His bravery and Honor. It was hard for him to think that Silver Shield would do something deceitful. Not with a very valid reason. However, if what the Mayor and Miss Dusk say are true. this could spell disaster for the ponies of Maneflow. Making his way past the stricken guards. No mark peered into the Silo. Almost instantly, he was assaulted with that same foul smell as he noticed when he arrived. the smell was coming from the stored food. All of it. He snorted to get the scent from his nose. 

"the Food is tainted. We have to do something otherwise we won't be able to eat this winter."

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof followed after No Mark to check after the Silo, but he didn't need to get too close to it to catch the foul smell radiating from within. "Sweet pony of mercy, that smells AWFUL! Now I KNOW we won't be serving THAT for the party. Or at ANY time." He turned his powerful neck to look back at the rest. "... it's not healthy." And he peeked a glance at the sickened Ponies. "No offense." The Pony then stepped closer to the group. "Either way, the Hoofster will not stand for this! I never leave any friends behind or risk getting them hurt." He looked at the Mayor. "Mayor!" And then to Luna. "Princess!" And then to Silver Shield. "Stranger!" And then Luminescent Dusk. "Lumy. The Hoofster is here to help and lend his strength! No Ponies will get hurt on my watch! ... except those Ponies - I wasn't uh... watching them. Just give out the orders and we'll hop right to it! Ain't that right, Bronies?"

Of course, he was referring to Timber Crash and No Mark, once again being included in his attempts without their concent.

Empyrean

Luna's eyes smoldered for a moment, then the storm suddenly dissipated as if it had never been. She lowered her wings and nodded to Dusk. "Very well. We'll have a long talk about those dangerous creatures later though."

The Mayor perked right up at news of a cure. "O-of course, Miss Dusk. Study as much as you wish! I'll just cordon off the area so no one can disturb you." He edged around the group warily, headed towards the entrance of the valley.

Luna turned to Heavy Hoof. "Could you please help him? I'm going to help Dusk with the studies and see if we can make a cure. No Mark, Timber Crash, could you reassure the townponies that everything is fine? Just a bit of a unscheduled rainstorm over this way. Nothing to worry about."

FazzEagle

"No sweat, Princess - just leave it to Hoof." Heavy Hoof pointed at himself before moving calmly after the Mayor, but not after talking to Luminescent Dusk for a moment. "... heh, you're cute when you're frowning. Come on, Mayor! Hop to it! Maybe we can finally discuss of some of the ideas I had this whole time." And just like that, the 'manly' Pony left the scene with the Mayor, making sure to keep him company and making sure he doesn't try anything stupid like running away.

HopeFox

Timber Crash galloped after Heavy Hoof, doing his best to keep up with the well-muscled stallion. The lumberpony was very strong himself, of course, but he lacked the full-body musculature that Heavy Hoof earned with his rigorous exercise regimen, and so fell behind him a short distance.

As the three stallions ran on, Timber noticed a line on the ground where flowers had wilted and grass had died. He skidded to a halt, motioning the others to go on ahead. He lowered his head to the brown grass and was about to take a nibble, when the overall sense of wrongness of the situation struck him. "This isn't natural at all," he murmured to himself, sniffing cautiously at a dead flower. "Somepony must have done this deliberately... or there's something else going on. This hill wasn't like this yesterday. What could this mean?"

He scraped a bit of dirt from the dead area into a pouch on his harness, being careful not to get any in his mouth or nose, and then galloped after Heavy Hoof and No Mark again. He arrived at the scene of the silo about half a minute after Heavy Hoof, snorting heavily, sweat lathering on his flanks. He folded onto his knees for a moment, catching his breath while the others spoke.

Timber looked up at Heavy Hoof's proclamation. "Of course we'll help! Whatever we can do." He hauled himself up to his hooves and bowed to Luna. "I can see that this is in good hooves... you will stop this, won't you? All this dead grass... it's just not right." The young stallion shuddered, looking around at the wasted landscape.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?