Gods of Egypt (Recruitment)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, September 07, 2015, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Egypt

Over the years Egypt has seen it's people, buildings, architecture, all of it come and go. Their polytheistic worshiping of several deities drying up along with much of the Nile river. Years ago, thousands of years ago though, it flourished. Under the watchful eye of their Pharaoh, with irrigation the crops, flourished, the river ran strong providing for many. It was Geb, the God of the Earth who first noticed that the people they had created were beginning to wither away. With the help of his son Osiris, despite what his brother Set did to him, the two of them placed a curse over their land. In the heavens, theoretically, Egypt would live one. Not touched by technology, outside influences or religion, it would withstand the test of time, just as it was. Glorious in it's vastness, a Pharaoh of man ruling those beneath him. The people would procreate, they would live, they would die, none would ever leave Egypt and it's glorious cities though. After all, why would they want to? No touch of famine, drought, or plague would ever touch them. Even the poor, though they would work hard to earn it, would have a little food in their bellies every night.

To create this curse though, Geb would not be powerful enough. He would need the help of the Sun God Ra. With his blood, so long as Ra lived, they would have the perfect Egypt. Free to be adorned and worshiped by any and all, for they had created them. It could expand as far as the eye could see, for the country no longer existed on the Earthly plane. Instead it inhabited area not bound by the laws of man.

Into their third dynasty of the Asim Pharaoh's, unexpectedly Pharaoh Asim Abasi dies peacefully in his sleep. None of the Gods, the High Priests, or even his wife and son expected it. Though Set, who had long been whispering into Asim Adom's ear, the Pharaoh's son, leapt at the chance to have his influence spread upon the land that his Father had created. As Adom ascended the throne, becoming Pharaoh he had his temple built in the likeness of Set making the other deities worry. Set, being the strongest of the Gods, was also the trickiest. He had killed his brother, Osiris, who was brought back to life, in order to assume the throne. If he were to take Ra's blood, mix it with his own, the possibility to recreate the Earth Geb had created loomed in the back of all of their minds. Though so far, nothing has been done, instead Set sits, awaiting by Adom, molding the young man into the type of Pharaoh he believes Egypt needs.

Gods, Goddesses, & Mortals

Goddesses
Isis - Kokaine
Nut - Amarlo
Serqet - WhatLiesAbove
Nephthys - Sexy Firefly
Bastet - CarnageIncarnate
Sekhmet - Wolfing72
Kebechet -
Seshat - Foxy Oni

Gods
Amun -
Ra - Juggtacular
Geb -
Shu -
Osiris -
Set - Moon Hound Hati
Horus - TheBlackThrone
Anubis - Caehlim
Sobek - Interdiction of words
Khonsu - Countdown
Babi - Diingo

Mortals
Pharaoh Adom -
Pharaoh’s Vizer -
Princess Tahira - CarnageIncarnate
Isis’ Priestess -
Queen of Egypt/Pharaoh’s Mother -
Pharaoh's Vizer -
Head of Pharaoh’s Guard -
Bast’s Priestess

Here is a character sheet in which you can fill out. I would appreciate all CS's pmed to me for approval please.

Appearance: (I understand that Egyptian pictures can be hard to find)
Name:
Apparent Age:
Actual Age:
Orientation: (Please note that while I am a believer in LGBT community some Gods have wives so they'd have to be bisexual if you're wishing for MxM or vice versa)
Personality: (Again take in the information about the God before completing this)

Rules and Requirements

* Two paragraph per post minimum. Posting once a week per character
* Maximum Four characters per player
* Check with the player before you engage in N/C or Extreme stuff
* Keep OOC in OOC.
* We are all adults here, I would like for us to conduct ourselves as such.

Posting Header

(The photo you've chosen in a 150x200 if you need help with this pm me in a (floatleft)
Character:
Where:
Tagging:
Warning:
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

There is more information Here. Just in case you were inquiring further. There is also an OOC page created where I will be editing in the various character sheets that I already have. OOC

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

I'd like to place my interest in playing Nut if that's alright. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Amarlo on September 07, 2015, 06:37:40 PM
I'd like to place my interest in playing Nut if that's alright. :)

That's fine with me, glad to have your interest!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Caehlim

Oh wow. This looks amazing.

Has anyone else put an interest for Anubis?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

AmbrosiaPudding

I just want to say, while I will respect the 'first come first serve' rule, the roles will not officially be yours until I see a character sheet and approve it. That being said though, I will let others know that you've placed your interest in it.

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 07, 2015, 08:12:37 PM
Then I am totally interested in taking on Sekhmet.

Alright! I'm eager to see what you give me

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 07, 2015, 08:44:09 PM
I'd be interested in playing Serqet. :)

Awesome! She's got a lot of promise to be an amazing character!

Quote from: Caehlim on September 07, 2015, 10:08:23 PM
Oh wow. This looks amazing.

Has anyone else put an interest for Anubis?

Thank you so much! No, no one has placed interest for Anubis yet.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Caehlim

Anubis has always been my favourite Egyptian god, so I'll try to get a character sheet together for him and send that to you.

No mention of Anput in the OOC, is Anubis married in this setting?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Caehlim on September 07, 2015, 10:42:53 PM
Anubis has always been my favourite Egyptian god, so I'll try to get a character sheet together for him and send that to you.

No mention of Anput in the OOC, is Anubis married in this setting?

Technically, yes, he could be married. Depending on how you'd like to portray him. I've chosen the Gods and Goddesses I have because of how readily information was about them or how much there is. Just because I've got a lot of books about Ancient Egypt doesn't mean everyone does, I like us all to be equally knowledgeable if I can.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wolfling72

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on September 07, 2015, 10:33:59 PM
I just want to say, while I will respect the 'first come first serve' rule, the roles will not officially be yours until I see a character sheet and approve it. That being said though, I will let others know that you've placed your interest in it.

Alright! I'm eager to see what you give me

Awesome! She's got a lot of promise to be an amazing character!

Thank you so much! No, no one has placed interest for Anubis yet.

I've an idea for her so I will send her along...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Vill

I'd like to make my interest known now, although I am at work for the next several hours. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions before I can submit a character sheet. However, I am learning towards requesting one of the a mortal males.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Vill on September 08, 2015, 09:46:16 AM
I'd like to make my interest known now, although I am at work for the next several hours. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions before I can submit a character sheet. However, I am learning towards requesting one of the a mortal males.

There are quite a few of them so, I'd be happy to have you as one!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Vill

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Vill on September 08, 2015, 10:02:50 AM
Oh, I know.

;)

You misdirected that quote on purpose lol. But, I can't hold it against you.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Vill

What can I say? I excel at reading between the lines.

WhatLiesAbove

If it isn't too much trouble...I think I could get a good handle playing Serqet...unless she's taken?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on September 08, 2015, 11:29:59 AM
If it isn't too much trouble...I think I could get a good handle playing Serqet...unless she's taken?

She is currently not taken, feel free to slap a character sheet up at me!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Alright, it looks like all of the Goddess slots are filled save for one. Now we just need more Gods and Mortals! Yay.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop