CthulhuTECH: EVA and HPL s'mored in awesomesauce

Started by NotoriusBEN, January 08, 2012, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Aoife on January 19, 2012, 06:06:15 PM
Oooo.... Yes for sure.  Eldritch society sounds amazing!

As for us Mech Pilots, remember that your Pilot skill level determine show many vehicles you can actually pilot.  If you're a Student, you can only choose one vehicle class.  At Master you can alternate between 5.  Just remember that, and you'll be fine ;)

Ooooo, almost forgot about that. A-pod, aircraft, and engels for Ethnia ^^
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Don't mean to Nitpick, Aoi, but Pilot determines how many vehicle classes you can drive.  Not individual vehicles.  You can have Pilot 1 and take Mecha/Engel Flight as the class...although all Pilots of any kind should have at least Pilot 2, IMO.

Latooni Subota

Man, so many posts! I've been busy, so I haven't even gotten a chance to properly read through Ctech again, but I can do that tonight. Your Cherub is still here! :O

. . . TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART! *Guitar riff*

Edit: Can I get a repost of any important details that may have gotten lost in the thread/templates for sheets/etc? I don't want to overlook anything XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Aoife

Reiji, my post directly says vehicle classes :P

I swear I'm not (mostly) retarded.  Even if I can't properly round numbers :D

Muse

Ben, do I need Fighting or Armed Fighting to fight in Kakarembo? (An Eclipse.) 

Reiji, I'm trying to come up with a new story since the E version of that story is still available to the players who may yet return. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ChaoticSky

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on January 15, 2012, 10:30:53 PM
good question, reiji. hrm...

Im probably convoluting this, for mecha using blades is Armed Fighting. I know the whole OSES makes mecha an extension of the human being, but its still a machine.

For engels, using their natural abilities and weapons like claws, mandibles and stingers is just Fighting.
At a guess, from that, Armed

NotoriusBEN

yea, think of those claws like war40k lightning claws. acid drip is a little odd, but all in all, its a mech, so armed fighting

Muse

Other question:

Marksman, Support Weapons, or both?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

Both I would suggest. Skills are so spread out in the system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 19, 2012, 11:47:36 PM
Both I would suggest. Skills are so spread out in the system.
Marksman is for guns, support is for rockets/missiles/bombs/that sorta thing, as a mech pilot you probably want both incase you need them, but with a slant towards marksman, since youll probably use that more often in your preferred mecha. My opinion anyway.

Muse

ReijiTabibito

Alright.  At long last I've managed to figure out my Profession and therefore the rest of my character sheet.  As below.

The Pilot

Name: Edward 'Thunder God' Grey
Profession: Mecha Pilot
Race: Human
Allegiance: NEG
Place of Birth: France
Virtue:  Dedicated
Flaw: Driven
Sex: M
Distinguishing Features: http://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/dantalian_no_shoka-11-huey-angry-blue_sky.jpg

Agility 7
Agility Feat: Adept
Athletics: Student
Armed Fighting: Adept
Dodge: Adept, Mecha Focus
Fighting: Adept
Pilot: Adept
Stealth: Student

Intellect 6
Intellect Feat: Adept
Armorer: Student
Communications: Student
History: Novice
Language (English): Expert
Law Enforcement: Adept
Munitions: Novice
Regional Knowledge: Novice

Perception 7
Perception Feat: Adept
Observation: Adept
Marksman: Adept, Mecha Focus
Support Weapons: Adept

Presence 5
Presence Feat: Novice
Persuade: Student

Strength 5
Strength Feat: Novice

Tenacity 6
Tenacity Feat: Adept

Secondary Attributes
Reflex 6
Orgone 11
Vitality 10
Actions 2
Movement: 11 mph/27 ypt/6 ypt

Drama Points 10

Qualities
Alluring (1)
Authority (3, 2nd Lt Rank)
Famous Incident (2)
Code (2): I will oppose the minions of the Old Ones in all their forms; I will never turn my back on a friend in need; I cannot fail in my service - I will succeed or die trying.
Duty (2)
Rival (2)

Insanity 0

Weapon: CS-44; +2 DMG; 2 Shots; 15 Rounds; 15mm Caliber; Range 20/40/60
Armor: Sentrytech Mk V: 1/1

Latooni Subota

Repeating, for my sanity's sake-

Can I get a repost of any important details that may have gotten lost in the thread/templates for sheets/etc? I don't want to overlook anything XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

Everything should be in the first post.

We have a Cherub, Chasmal, and Hamshell (Bob) for Engels, and I believe a mecha pilot who has a fast/scout mecha and a Khopesh. So any kind of mecha/engel would be welcome at this point, maybe a second heavy weapon or multi-support type.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 20, 2012, 03:07:55 PM
Everything should be in the first post.

We have a Cherub, Chasmal, and Hamshell (Bob) for Engels, and I believe a mecha pilot who has a fast/scout mecha and a Khopesh. So any kind of mecha/engel would be welcome at this point, maybe a second heavy weapon or multi-support type.
shes the cherub

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Anyway, basically, everything is in the first post i think, beyond that, weve decided that armed fighting = mech melee weapons, and fighting = engel melee weapons. in terms of characters, we have, other than the obvious engle/mech affiliations; a talker, a performer, writer (and/or artist?), a investigator and a technician, if im remembering right. tagers and sorcs are offlimits, and any parapsychic worth the name.

Mechwise we have a arial assault behemoth engel, a aquatic assault engel, your artillery support engel, a stealth mech, a aquatic heavy weapons mech, and a interceptor mech.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Darkling on January 20, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
Mechwise we have a arial assault behemoth engel, a aquatic assault engel, your artillery support engel, a stealth mech, a aquatic heavy weapons mech, and a interceptor mech.

Said interceptor is just the preferred mech of my character.  He's given to driving Nazzadis, particularly the Storm in addition to the Kazidi, but he'll jump into the cockpit of a Sword just as easily - he prefers Claymores/Khopshes and Falcatas/Monsoons.

BTW, BEN?  Can we have a breakdown of the armors aboard the Victory?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 20, 2012, 04:48:05 PM
Said interceptor is just the preferred mech of my character.  He's given to driving Nazzadis, particularly the Storm in addition to the Kazidi, but he'll jump into the cockpit of a Sword just as easily - he prefers Claymores/Khopshes and Falcatas/Monsoons.

BTW, BEN?  Can we have a breakdown of the armors aboard the Victory?
That brings up a additional question. Its a given that mech pilots will beable to change their mech, but how easy is that and how much freedom to they have?

My understanding is that they are like a pair of shoes, not a pair of pants. ie, you have your shoes you wear every day, but then maybe you wear different shoes in special circumstances, like going to a wedding or onto a construction site. Not something you can change on a whim or every day (like pants). To use a IC example, you might pilot your incerceptor nearly all the time, but if say, were assaulting a fortified position, or going skinnydipping, youd switch (or get switched) over to something more appropriate. And you could change your main mech with some good RPing, like presenting a case for switching over to your CO.

I could be wrong though. Thats just how it looked to me, but its probably best to get the specifics nailed down before the game starts. Ben?

NotoriusBEN

good questions and I'll be getting to them soon. Ive got most of the OP for the story ready to go, just getting a map prepped at the moment. Im not going to worry about tokens at the moment (those were a bitch to update in my last games)

Im just trying to get it looking epic without looking like I pulled it from the book >.>

ChaoticSky

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on January 20, 2012, 06:24:10 PM
good questions and I'll be getting to them soon. Ive got most of the OP for the story ready to go, just getting a map prepped at the moment. Im not going to worry about tokens at the moment (those were a bitch to update in my last games)

Im just trying to get it looking epic without looking like I pulled it from the book >.>
Additional random question, im nailing down Keys appearance and/or looking for a image, so i was wondering, do we need short military hair? >_>

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

NotoriusBEN

man, hard decision... I know this game has heavy anime influences, but I always thought Asuka's hair length was a little much (is she always pulling it as she whips her head around in that eva?)

for mecha pilots, yea, having a short cut is needed. Its not as bad as the troopers on foot. Shoulder length is the limit.
For engel pilots, they can have longer hair, as long as it isnt like Rapunzel

ShadowFox89

Ethnia's hair is acceptable then?

Speaking of NGE, would Engel suits be something like the plugsuits?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NotoriusBEN

you know what, I'll retract that from hair. Go ahead and choose a pic on the net that represents your character. If you want to say she cut her hair short, ok, if not, no big.