What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilia

corn on the Cobb from the garden....mmmmmm

Josietta

Maple and Apple Smoked bacon with buttermilk pancakes and scrambled eggs.. yum!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kalen

So... Thanksgiving dinner.  And my (ex)wife was too sick to cook.

So, I showed up.  Chopped potatoes.  put the corn and carrots on.  cleaned the turkey, diced some onion and minced some garlic, and got that sucker in the oven. 

Next, as that cooked, I fried some turkey sausages... as they cooled, I minced more onion and garlic, and fried them gently in butter, to soften. 

As the turkey kept cooking, I put the giblets in water and spices to boil, then combined shredded bread with summer savory, eggs, apple juice, and chicken stock.  I mixed in the onion/garlic, shredded bacon, the sausage (without the outside) diced, and got that mixed together... in a casserole dish.  Ready to hit the oven.

With an hour hone by now, the turkey was 1/2 done... stuffing goes in with it.  The veggies go on to boil. 

An hour later?  turkey out.  And I had my son help me make the gravy... it was great!

Bliss

Pulled pork. Sammich from Shane's rib shack
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

The Overlord

Mmm...I was going to make some of the garlic parsley fettuccini I bought, but I tend to get ravenous and overreach when I'm hungry. For now I'm finishing off a spicy chicken sandwich and an order of onion rings I got last night on an evening food run.

Meanwhile, enjoying a cup of chocolate almond coffee with a splash of Jameson Irish whiskey. Already halfway into a 1.75l bottle and this is only day 3....ack!!  :o

Belladonna

For dinner this evening, I had a simple yet quick meal featuring Chicken Fajitas with an assortment of toppings.

Bliss

Hungry + lazy = McDonald's.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Josietta

Semi-Homemade Nachos

1 lb ground beef drained
a dozen black olives sliced
2 green onions sliced
1/2 block of mexican style velvetta (ie velvetta with medium salsa inside it)
1 package of taco seasoning
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 bag tortilla chips

Cook beef, drain, add seasonign with a quarter to half cup of water to mix, stir until well blended. Add velvetta, simmer until creamy melted, add sour cream and mix until blended.

Scatter chips on plate add beef mixture top with extra dollop of sour cream, sprinkle on olives and green onions and eat!

Simple and goooood. (not all that great for you but is soo good).

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Lilias

Since I had been out most of the day, dinner had to be something quick and easy... So, grilled chicken breasts with just a sprinkling of oil and Cajun seasoning, served with couscous and a Greek salad.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Paradox

Honey glazed ham, collard greens, and cheese grits.

What can I say? I'm a southern man.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Silver

Spiced Chicken, Toasted Pine Nut Couscous and Green Beans.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Bliss

chocolate stout cake and guinness
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kurzyk

mmm chocolate stout cake and with guinness... perfect!

New England clam chowder with whole wheat crackers

Bliss

Even better because I made it myself - the stout cake was made with Guinness and Ghirardelli!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mabmoro

Small salad with chicken

Medium florentine chicken pizza

Medium pepperoni pizza

My family's dinner tonight. Ordering out.

Josietta

Blazing Buffalo Wings!

and Pot Roast with yukon gold potatoes, onions, carrots and the works in the oven to slow roast.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Dawg

Grilled Chicken with a Greek Rub (when I get home) *Ponders what vegetable to steam for the side*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Caeli

Swirlie pastas with sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce, sliced white mushrooms, and sliced chicken breast. 8) I fed five people and all of them liked it <33 Yay for feeding people.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

peanut butter whole wheat toast... and I'm eyeing some of Bliss's bacon to go on it!

Josietta

scrambled eggs on toast with cheese and mayo

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kalen

Sweet and Sour Chicken Rice, with chunks of chicken

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

Sour Cream and Bacon Ruffles

MusicNeverDies

Garlic bread and cheese, and pizza. :)