ST: Flight of the Vanguard (Dir, Sys, Small-Group, TOS-Era) Episode CLOSED

Started by Cyrano Johnson, September 10, 2013, 12:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano Johnson

Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Ember Star

I got open and looked at it, (not the easiest thing to do with a PDF vs a epub or something). To be honest, the system is a turn off for me. Not a fan of them unless they're overly simple or the GM does it all. For that reason, I don't think I'll fit. 

I apologize. I saw TOS Star Trek RP and got excited since it's my favorite. I should've looked further before jumping.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Cyrano Johnson

Well to be fair, the game doc does mention that the GM handles the die-rolling, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? But if systems aren't your thing, they're not your thing, you've gotta know what you like...  O8)

Ember Star

I'm in two system games now and have been in one other (a Star Wars one, actually) before. They're not usually my thing, I'm a freeform girl. But, if the plot and characters are enough to drive my interest, I can appreciate a system as long as there's not much I have to actually do/decide besides roll dice occasionally. I find systems boring, often. This just looks like a lot to take in and fill out, and it difficult to read at that.

So, that and given the fact that I am too busy with other RPs, it's best I back out.

I apologize.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Cyrano Johnson

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on September 10, 2013, 07:52:06 PM
Role: Army of Red shirts :P

You know what I just realized: it's in fact possible under the rules to play as an army of red shirts (or at least an interchangeable succession of them), using the Red Shirt talent.

That's too awesome not to make use of, I think I'm going to have to make that a frequent Guest Star role.  O8)

Okay, here's the update: recruitment is maybe kinda getting close to closing for this phase, sorta. I've offered Saria right-of-first refusal on either one of the two remaining positions on account of the trouble she went through to put together a character concept already. I'm waiting to hear back from her about her preference and whether she wants to accept that offer. Once and if I confirm a spot for her, I will wrap recruiting for the bridge crew and move on to the next phase, so if anyone else wants to get in on this -- and arkhos, if you're out there, still happy to have you back if you change your mind -- now is the time to let me know. Thanks everyone!

Cyrano Johnson

Further update: the Captain's chair is now filled, welcome Saria!

I'll leave the Helmsman spot open til tomorrow morning and will then close this phase of recruitment.

Cyrano Johnson

Updated with a possible alternate role to the Helmsman position.

... and that's a wrap for now! Stay tuned to this space!

Cyrano Johnson

Check the main post for details about our Guest Star recruitment opportunity!

Cyrano Johnson

Just noting that the Guest Star role in this RP is still open at this time. I will keep it open until early next week, and will close recruitment for this Episode at that time if we have no takers.

Cyrano Johnson

Recruitment for this Episode is now finalized. Thanks everyone, and I will re-open this thread for recruitment for future Episodes as necessary.

Cyrano Johnson

Due to the loss of a player, we have opened one Role for recruitment for a limited time only. See the update on the first message in this thread for details.

Tagan

Well, color me interested.  You paint a compelling picture, and as a huge fan of TOS, I'm intrigued.

I can play cerebral/empathetic... it should be quite a bit of fun, actually.

I've live RP'd a TOS game, (it was back in the 80's so it's been a while,) but I've been PBPing for over 12 years now, so I have that experience behind me.

Cyrano Johnson

Hey, truly excellent, so glad to have your interest Tagan! I'm just heading out of my local salt mines now but will PM you soon to chat about how you'd like to proceed.