A Hive of Scum and Villainy - Star Wars RP (Not currently recruiting)

Started by Metalzephyr, April 05, 2012, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallensaviour

Name:   Bragga
Race:   Dug  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dug

Appearance: wears a blaster on one hip and a toolkit on the other

Sexual Preference: heterosexual

Crew Position: Captain/Engineer/Pilot/Hacker

Weapon of Choice: blaster pistol (or mounted ship guns...especially against foes on foot)

Personality:  agressive, ruthless, and quick on his feet.  Not usually a fan of diplomacy when thermal detonators will do.

Bio: Bragga became endebted to The crime lord Jabba the Hutt at a young age.  The small creature's life was particularly hellish, being beaten by the gamorans for even the slightest percieved fault.  Eventually he was able to work his way out of debt by repairing vehicles and pod racing.  Ever since he's been pulling jobs and trying to get his own ship.

RedEve

Fallen: is your character all the things you list in the roles section of your CS? Or is the idea for the GM to pick one?  ???
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

fallensaviour

Quote from: RedEve on April 09, 2012, 11:16:13 AM
Fallen: is your character all the things you list in the roles section of your CS? Or is the idea for the GM to pick one?  ???
those are areas he has skill in, other than captian...thats just me throwing my hat back into the race...since the gm seems to have forgotten it was me who he originally said could captian and not summoner, though, star wars verse pilot/capt are usually the same person on a small ship

but yes, he's good at piloting, fixing shit, and using computers...not that big a stretch i dont think...especially considering how weak he'll be in combat that doesnt involve ship mounted weapons

Ember Star

I was gonna throw my hat in for captain, but I think it should go to one of the two that first asked for it. Now, since hacker is taken, I need a position for mt character. I'm gonna try to remake a favorite character of mine from Jedi to smuggler. Shouldn't be too hard since I lost her profile a long time ago and all I remember well about her is she was raised by Ewoks (don't judge me >_> LOL). I was gonna put her as a cultural expert, but then a weapons expert is interesting too. Or just assassin-type that they bring along to kill people if things go wrong.

I could do something else too though. Do you need anything specific? I'm flexible with what I can do
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Requiem

Actually, I think I am going to pull out before I get committed to something I may not be able to upkeep.  I've got a couple threads going right now, and several more forming - I really don't want to neglect any of them.  This looks like it will be fun, though, and I'll be keeping track of it once it starts.  ^_^

Ember Star

What I really want to be is an Engineer since that was my original character's top skill and I would still like it to be that. But like three people already listed "Engineer" as ship position, so I don't know about that.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

fallensaviour

there's never a case where i'd say having to many people to repair something is a bad thing, kind of like a party where everyone can heal...

Ember Star

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 12:34:28 PM
there's never a case where i'd say having to many people to repair something is a bad thing, kind of like a party where everyone can heal...

Much agreed! But it is a small-ish ship. H'm, I wonder if the group leader would let me be head engineer. H'm. Anyway. Doesn't matter. I'm busy today but I'll try to get my character done and up tonight.

fallensaviour

Ember Star

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 12:53:34 PM
we dont have any kind of doctor i dont think

H'm, I could do a doctor. Or more of a healer that leans towards primitive, natural methods over technology might be interesting. I might do that, thanks for the suggestion! I'll see What I end up with when I'm done.

PhantomPistoleer

Name: Col. Stromm Husk
Race: Corrillean Human Soldier
Appearance: See image to the right

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Crew Position: Primary:  Assault; Secondary: Field Medic

Weapon of Choice(s): Modified Merr-Sonn Model 44 Blaster Pistol w/ Extended Pack and Strengthened Barrel; Modified BlasTech DT-12 Heavy Blaster Pistol ("Greedo's Pistol"); Heavily Modified Imperial Munitions StarAnvil Heavy Blaster Rifle w/ Scope, extended accuracy, extended clip; Merr-Sonn Model C-22 Flame Carbine; Personalized GTU AV-IC Combat Armor;

Personality:  Stromm is a strong, bold, mean son of a bitch.  He doesn't have friends.  He doesn't have family.  He doesn't like anything.  He doesn't do anything.  He seems to enjoy combat.  He loves brutality.  He hates the enemy.  He is merciless.  In short, he is like any other grunt that space has churned up in its maw and spit out into the galaxy.  He is someone's problem.

Bio: Stromm was born into one of the great Corillean military families, and as such, attended and graduated from the Imperial Military Academy at Carida.  He earned a commission as a sergeant for the 341st, a division of stormtroopers that specialized in ship-to-ship boarding actions in zero gravity and near-zero gravity.  Stromm suffered numerous injuries throughout his campaigns, and has turned to robotic augmentations to continue fighting.  Upon his defection (an event that Stromm does not want to discuss), Imperial authorities left Stromm for dead--and he would have been if not for a certain captain from a particular ship.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Metalzephyr

Hey everyone!

Okay looks like I didn't explain some things clearly enough, I'll try to clarify!

First off, the Captain. (And special apologies to fallensaviour, sorry for the mix up!)
Because there are several people interested, I am asking that anyone who wishes to play the Captain PM me. If there is enough players interested, I will probably have a second ship running. Captains will again be selected because of cool characters, quality writing, and potential to encourage a fun RP! (Note, as there looks to be about 8 players, the likelihood of two ships is increasing!).

Okay secondly. Again I want to say, I'm so excited by all the interest! You guys are awesome! (And sorry to see a potential Chiss bow out, but keep an eye on things here Requiem, and if your RP load allows I'd love you back!).

Third. As for multiple people in a role, I'd encourage two things. First, is make a character that has some skill outside that area, so that even if there is overlap, your still going to feel unique. Secondly I would say that I agree with fallensaviour that more than one person who can repair the ship does NOT suck!

Fourth. The type of ship, at least for the first crew, is looking to be something Corellian (YT series probably) used for smuggling and Firefly-style small cargo or passenger jobs. If there is a second ship, which is looking likely, it could be a Bounty Hunter ship if there is enough interest from you guys, as well as a potential Captain.

I'll be waiting until this evening for Captain picking, give people a little more time to PM me, and then I'll be announcing it, and approving characters shortly thereafter.
Any questions I missed? Anything that needs clarification?

RedEve

One question: if we do get two ships, how will the crew members be divided? Do we get a say in which ship our character ends up on?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Metalzephyr

Right! And that reminds me of another thing I wanted to mention ty!

If there end up being two ships, I'll leave it up to the characters and the Captains to figure out who goes where. So it will be up to you folks!

The other thing I forgot  to mention was actually a response to another question from you RedEve!
Quote from: RedEve on April 09, 2012, 07:32:35 AM
Will there be an overarching story-line to tie things all together or will we be making things up as we go along?
If this is set in the Rebellion era, we could say the crew is hired by the Rebel Alliance for a particularly risky mission?

I am planning on running it from a DM sort of perspective, where characters ultimately decide what direction to take, but I will play all the NPC's that would offer them jobs, and narrate/adjudicate what the players actions cause (If the Captain decides they would rather outrun the Star Destroyer than dump their cargo, I would be posting the Star Destroyer following and firing, as well as what damage it caused. If the players fired on it back, I would say what sort of damage they caused). So while I can offer whatever jobs I want, the Captain and crew ultimately decide to take them and accomplish them (meaning any Rebel jobs would be up to you guys!).

So ultimately very player driven (focus on the Captains, as it makes my job easier, they are often the major decision makers, and encourages decisive action).

Oh and this!:
Quote from: KaylaM on April 09, 2012, 06:43:26 AM
Question - what section would this go in? I'm provisionally interested, but it'd largely depend on where the game is going.

Honestly KaylaM, I am not sure. I'm looking over the classifications, and would like the most player freedom I can. This will be character/story focused rather than a smut-fiesta, but sex and sexual relationships are something that can and I hope will happen!

At this point, I am considering placing it in NC: Human-Freeform Small Groups. Exotic, I suspect, covers creatures and non-humanoids, and Extreme seems a little far.
Any info on the classification system, as well as what is going to make you happy, please let me know folks!

EDIT:

One more question I can answer that I realized I missed!
Quote from: Brandon on April 09, 2012, 09:47:32 AM
Are we still going to be workingfor the Hutt cartel's on hutta or going mostly freelance?
Well my thought is that, for maximum player choice, the ships wont be officially part of any cartel or organization. But having a relationship with at least one Hutt would be very useful for a freelance criminal. Of course a given Captain might have affiliations outside their freelancing, not gonna dictate those for you, but I'd prefer it if a ship is only affiliated with the Hutt Cartels directly if the Captain and entire starting crew's players can agree.

Also, Brandon, if you are still interested in a Captain's chair, send me a PM with your pitch! So far I've only received two actual applications, and I'd prefer to be PM'ed about it so I can keep track of those interested.

Also, why the Gran hate?! I mean, they are ugly enough, no need to make things worse :P

fallensaviour

also...if anyone plays a Gran i may space their asses at the first opportunity...just saying *whistles innocently*

fallensaviour

Quote from: Metalzephyr on April 09, 2012, 03:15:38 PM
Also, why the Gran hate?! I mean, they are ugly enough, no need to make things worse :P

the gran stole the dugs homeworld of malastare

elfguy

Star Wars being my favorite universe ever, I don't want to miss this!

Name: Sasha Lika

Race: Human

Appearance:

Sexual Preference: Bi

Crew Position: Slicer, droid repair

Weapon of Choice: Small arms, hand pistols

Personality: Sasha is fairly quiet, not very outgoing, focusing mostly on her work, she isn't the type to go out and openly meet new people, although she likes when others approach her, and loves making new friends.

Bio: Sasha grew up on Hutta as a Hutt slave. Her whole family worked in a droid repair factory for a local Hutt, and she quickly learned to become good at constructing, repairing, and slicing droids. As she became older, she also expended her horizon and started to slice into bigger systems, becoming quite good with communication equipment and other types of security systems. Her mother always insisted that she also learn how to defend herself, and as such she made sure to train every day, which gave her a fairly fit body, and allowed her to get the better of several assailants who tried to take advantage of her throughout the years. She also learned to shoot hand weapons, using a blaster pistol that her parents had hidden in their home. She hates having to fight others, and would rather talk her way out of a situation rather than shoot, but is able to handle herself should the need arise.

At some point, the Hutt that owned their family and many others was attacked and killed by a rival faction. In the chaos, many tried to escape, including Sasha. Unfortunately her parents were killed in the attempt, but she managed to find her way to Nar Shaddaa, where she was now free, and attempted to find something to do for a living, like joining a crew.

Equipment: Armored leggings, belt with pouches and various slicing items, armored top that leaves her midriff exposed, armored gloves with high tech communication equipment in them, blaster pistol.
----

Metalzephyr

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 03:42:31 PM

Right, damn. I think I remember reading that, but back like over 7 years ago, when I really nerded out over Dugs...

Also elfguy welcome! Love the Ganassa drawn pic by the way, love that guy to pieces. In case you haven't read through the whole thread (don't expect you to), gonna be selecting Captain(s) tonight and then approving characters. Hopefully getting the IC thread up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow!

Might sound pretty self-serving, as a mainly het male, but very excited to get another lovely lady on board!

KaraKres

Quote from: RedEve on April 09, 2012, 07:32:35 AM
Nice character Kara. :)

Will there be an overarching story-line to tie things all together or will we be making things up as we go along?

If this is set in the Rebellion era, we could say the crew is hired by the Rebel Alliance for a particularly risky mission?

Thanks.  As with anything Star Wars I've already got a dozen different ideas banging around in my head, but ultimately that's up to the GM.

Me personally, I would like the characters to have some history rather than the cliched you all meet in a cantina on Tantooine and decide to go space faring...

Happy to work with the GM to develop a belivable backstory for how our motley crew came to be together...Zeltronian, Zabrak, Dug, Nautolan, Chiss...what a hoot!

KaraKres

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 03:42:31 PM

I have a friend who is a member of the Gran Retrospective Authority on Naturalisation or G.R.A.N, and they advise the word you're looking for is Colonised.   ::)

Bringing peace, stability and freedom to all Dugdom!   :P

fallensaviour

KaraKres

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 05:32:02 PM
really, seems more like the word is fisted by a rancor

Seriously? You were fisted by a rancor? that's a whole lot of pain...

...on a more serious note, I would like to request that we only have one ship...two ships means a whole lot of confusion and conflicting decision making...and ultimately a bucketload of more work for the GM.  If we're all on one ship its alot easier to keep the story moving.

Metalzephyr

'fisted by a rancor' made me visibly cringe...

As for the two vs one ship... well it has it's up and downsides.
Smaller crews will tend to keep stories moving along faster, as there is less likelihood of posting schedules being too varied.
But larger crews means I have to write less, and keep track of only one scene at a time, not 2+

There is also a practical element. 8 people is pretty much the most a light freighter will accommodate, and in character, why split profit 8 ways when 4 can do the same job? Add in the fact that 8 people being led by 1 of them, is far harder to make everyone feel like they matter, than in 2 crews of 4.

But I am open to ideas, and happy to discuss most anything (not a lot of 'set in stone' here).!

Blobbe

Quote from: Metalzephyr on April 09, 2012, 03:15:38 PM
Oh and this!:
Honestly KaylaM, I am not sure. I'm looking over the classifications, and would like the most player freedom I can. This will be character/story focused rather than a smut-fiesta, but sex and sexual relationships are something that can and I hope will happen!

At this point, I am considering placing it in NC: Human-Freeform Small Groups. Exotic, I suspect, covers creatures and non-humanoids, and Extreme seems a little far.
Any info on the classification system, as well as what is going to make you happy, please let me know folks!

Fair enough; in that case I'll pass. Thank you

fallensaviour

Quote from: KaraKres on April 09, 2012, 06:12:02 PM
Seriously? You were fisted by a rancor? that's a whole lot of pain...

so was the gran "colonization"