The Quest (StarkDublin & Ranya)

Started by Ranya, January 07, 2009, 10:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranya

Tejina sighed as she finally stopped to rest. She had been traveling all day, making her way toward the Castle of the Vampire King. The sun was setting, and she could have seen well enough to keep going, but she was far too tired. She had left home only a week ago, and the forests were sometimes quite difficult to traverse, so the trip to rescue her brother was taking far longer than she liked. It didn’t help that she was not yet used to the constant walking. She was grateful, however, for Kaze, a wolf she befriended her first night away from home. She would’ve been miserable if she’d had to go all that way by herself.

The young Elf girl, only eighteen, felt guilty for her brother getting kidnapped. He was only ten, and she knew he was the child mentioned in the Prophecy. She had done her best to protect him, but he had been take away while she wasn’t looking. She gave another sigh as she settled herself at the base of a large tree in the middle of a clearing. Using her magic, she started a small, contained fire, just large enough to keep her and her companion warm and keep any other animals away without setting anything on fire. She knew she should eat something, but she was far too tired. She closed her dark green eyes, and rested  her head on her small pack, her long black hair flowing along behind her as she slowly let sleep come to her. “Kaze…” She mumbled to her wolf companion just before falling asleep. “Keep an eye on things…wake me if something isn’t right…” She reached out a slender, pale hand to stroke his fur once before falling asleep.

StarkDublin

A dark figure stood alone, his head lowered as if waiting patiently for his master. A single candle casted no shadows from the figure that stood before it. The figures eyes were closed as if in a solemn meditation hands clasped as if in prayer to a unknown god. What could he want with me...I have better things to be doing than wait her for his royal highness... Just then his thought was cut short as a booming voice echoed around him, reverberating off the walls of the camber. "Ghost! You will wait as long as I desire!" The figure instantly dropped to his knee bowed towards the flame as if it had spoken to him. "Forgive me sire..." The cloaked figure spoke softly, white hair covered his face. "You know of this traveling elf do you not?" The deep voice sounded again, "The one seeking her brother..." Ghost remained silent then spoke, "Yes sire, I have read the reports on her, she doesn't seem a threat to us..." Laughing filled the chamber, "Oh but she is..." Ghost breathed out slowly, "Nothing in her report seems to say so? May I ask why?" There was a roar as a massive figure rushed in slamming Ghost against a wall chocking him as he lifted him up. "You do not question me Ghost!" Ghost grabbed the mans hand tyring to break free, "My...sincerest apologies sire..." He chocked out enough to say those word before the figure threw him back at the candle. "I want her eliminated Ghost...do as I say and you will receive riches beyond your wildest dreams..." Ghost kneeled again coughing slightly, "Why me sire..." He spoke up and looked behind him as the figure moved directly behind, as if he teleported. "Because you are our best, your mastery of the shadow art is incomparable, you have master your teleportation and can do it based on memory, and...Because I said so..." Ghost nodded still kneeled, "It shall be done master..." The shadow man began to laugh, "Good, good...you can find her in the Attica forest, a long journey walked, but for you a matter of hours..." Ghost looked behind him and the figure moved in front of him. "I trust you know it Ghost?" Ghost remained silent, the only movement was his nodding head. "I do..."

-A few hours later in the Attica Forest-

Ghost jumped from branch to branch, his body looking like a flowing void of black mist as it moved, searching, searching for a sign of life. A small campfire caught his eye. He moved closer scouting from the treetops. The woman's record showed little if any magical training a few spells here and there but nothing serious, this should be an easy assignment. He spotted his target she was asleep, the records said she traveled alone making it all the easier. He dropped to the ground without a sound. My talents are being wasted here... He blew into the air creating a strange breeze shifting the winds to extinguish the fire, creating blackness, he stepped forward from the shadows, two daggers held against his for arms a fighting style developed for assassin's and rogues. He would strike quick and retreat killing her in a matter of seconds.
It takes armies to control the world...And one man to make it all fall...Am I that man...

Ons and Offs

Ranya

Tejina awoke to a low growling sound beside her. Kaze sensed something was wrong, and was sure to tell her, just as she had asked. Sitting up suddenly, she noticed her fire had been put out. Because it had been created by magic, it could only be extinguished by magic. Jumping to her feet, she relit the fire with a quickly muttered spell before snatching up her staff, the black wolf at her side still at the ready to defend his Elven Mistress.

Holding her staff in a defensive position, her dark green eyes looked round. She could not see anyone, but that just meant they were hiding outside the area of firelight. She did her best to keep her senses keen, not liking the feeling in the air. She wasn’t the strongest Magic user in her village, but she was sure she could hold her own against whoever was out there. She’d been training for some time to try and improve her fighting skills, and had noticed a minimal, if steady, increase in her magic. Her mother said it was normal for Elves her age to experience Magical growth spurts. She only hoped it was all enough to help her against her unseen opponent.

StarkDublin

Ghost moved quickly as he saw the young woman wake up. Damn dog...never the less this will be quick! He rushed forward his right arm ready to swipe across her throat on his left arm ready to assist if his right failed to connect. His body was dark a silhouette moving in the moonlight. "Prepare to die!" He shouted as he leaped across the the burnt out fire pit coming down to strike her with his full force.
It takes armies to control the world...And one man to make it all fall...Am I that man...

Ons and Offs

Ranya

Yelling before attacking was his mistake, a mistake she planned to take advantage of. Tejina acted quickly, bringing up her staff to block her attacker. She then brought up her left leg, balancing on her right, to kick her attacker away from her. “I don’t know who you are, but I’m afraid I cannot die just yet. My brother needs me.” The dark haired Elf began to mutter a spell, summoning a fire blast in the direction of her opponent. Kaze kept his keen eyes peeled for any signs of a sneak attack, ready to attack, tooth and claw, if needed. “I’ve done nothing to you, leave me be.”

StarkDublin

His first strike was blocked by her arm and was kicked back before the second could land, as he flew back threw his arm out sending an invisible wave which directed the blast away from him into the distance. He landed on the feet and slide back. He rushed in again and in mid sprint closed his eyes, body formed into mist rushing past her and reforming behind his victim his leg coming down upon her with a strong kick.

Ons and Offs

Ranya

Tejina felt some sort of mist rush past her before sensing something behind her. Just as she turned to see what it was, she was met with a hard kick. Thankfully, her movements kept it from being as bad as intended, but it still hurt. Reaching up with her free hand, she grabbed her attacker’s leg, finally able to get a good glimpse of him. He was a vampire, if she was correct, which meant he was probably sent by the Vampire King to keep her from saving her brother.

Using her hold on his leg, she kicked out and knocked his other leg out from under him before focusing fire through her hand into him for a direct burn. The black haired Elf didn’t want to hurt anyone, and she certainly didn’t want to kill, but she hoped she would be able to frighten him away. She couldn’t let anything keep her from saving her brother. She released his leg and jumped back using her powers to bring an earth shield up around herself and Kaze. “Oh Great Goddess…” She whispered in prayer, keeping her eyes peeled for another attack. “See me out of this dark night so that I may save my brother. Rid me of my attacker so that I will not have to harm someone…”

StarkDublin

He slide back as he landed on the ground. "Shadows rush..." He sprinted forward his body leaving no shadow as it moved as he brough up his weapons to bear on the woman his blade was shattered as a wall of stone rose from the ground. The silver bounced back and cut his face slightly as it was impaled into a nearby tree. He grumbled under his breath as he backflipped into a nearby tree. No one beats me... He ran from the battle, his body turning to mist as he retreated for now.

Ons and Offs

Ranya

Tejina sensed her opponent flee, having finally been able to sense his aura. She sighed deeply, relaxing a little. “What was that all about?” She asked Kaze as she slid into her sitting position, her back against the wall she had created as a barrier. She was sure he would not attack again before the next night, at the least, but she was also sure he would attack again. He was under orders, if her guess was right, and he would most not give up until the orders were revoked or one of the two of them was dead.

The raven haired Elf sighed deeply once more. “We should rest a little, and set out as soon as daybreak hits.” She decided softly to herself. Holding her staff close, in a defensive position, she drifted into an uneasy sleep, waking at every little sound. Kaze paced around the small area around his Mistress, ready to alert her, should their attacker return.

The next morning, at daybreak, she set out after a small, quick breakfast. She was even more anxious to cross the distance to the Vampire King’s Castle as quickly as possible. “Hold on, Shinji…I’m coming...” She whispered to her brother as she made her way through the Attica Forest.