[DnD 5e] The Advent of Shadow (Closed)

Started by Naughty Miss Adventure, August 30, 2017, 05:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Caitlin

I saw that yes, but do you realize that point buy means that when you buy 14 points the 1st 13 points from 8 to 13 cost 5 and the 14th point costs 7 to buy? 15 points even cost 9 points to buy. The more points you buy in 1 stat, the more expensive it becomes. You currently ended up spending 35 out of 27 points. ;)

The link I gave is an easy way to calculate them, it's also on page 13 of the PHB.

It confused the heck out of me with my first character, but it's gotten easier to calculate that stuff now.

Snake

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Snake on September 03, 2017, 10:51:16 PM
15,13, 15, 9, 13, 8 

(9) + (5) + (9) + (1) + (5) + 0 = 29.

You're 2 points over. :)

If you drop the 9 to an 8 and one of the 13s to a 12, or both of the 13s to 12, you'll be okay!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Snake

Oh fo rthe love of. This is why I prefer pathfinder point buy....

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Snake on September 03, 2017, 11:51:53 PM
Oh fo rthe love of. This is why I prefer pathfinder point buy....
Lol, yes, there was that!  I was about to go and calculate the scores, but fortunately I looked ahead and realized others have been doing it for me.  What bonus feat did you take, Snake?
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

Snake

Sentinel.

The enemy best prepare to eat lots of Attacks of Opportunity if they open themselves up even a little.

Quasar

Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

Frelance

Kess was among a caravan of settlers that had traveled from the coast inland stopping at Besander for a few days before continuing on. He was still young at the time just barely ten, but even as young as he was curiosity got the better of him and one night he wandered off the path the caravan had been following. Quickly he became lost in the Varrenwood and wandered for a few days. On the third night when he fell asleep he dreamed of a snake that came and curled around him keeping away the chill of the night air. At some point in the night it offered to lead him out of the forest and when he awoke there was a small crystal clutched in his hand.

The crystal itself looked to be nothing more than a good sized ruby but as he stood and  brushed a few scaled off his clothing the crystal would heat up if he were to face a certain direction. Following that direction brought him to one of the well worn paths. When he turned towards the mountains to follow the path back up into the mountains and look for the caravan the crystal lost all its warmth but he did not immediately turn around. The caravan and the people in it were the only family he had known and heading back down the mountain he not been his first choice. After an hour of two of trying to decide he had finally noticed the snow that had started to fall which helped him decide to head back down the mountain to Besander or wherever the crystal would lead him.

Once he made it to town he was taken in by one of the local families for the winter. By the time spring had come he felt at home in the small newly settled town but he had written a letter and waited for the next traveler to come through town heading over the mountains. A few years later when a traveler did come through Kess almost forgot about his letter but was able to remember and was able to convince the man to take it with him as he traveled through the mountains. It was not as important to him as it once was though because he had settled into town and like many of his people he spent sometime with the dwarves of Besander.

Nearing adult hood Kess has watched the town slowly grow over the years and has made a name for himself as a tinkerer. He makes his own devices giving some away to the children of the town and selling others to those interested. When he is not tinkering he is lending a hand in one of the workshops around town or helping fix things around town. While he has never forgotten about his dream of the great snake that gave him the crystal he wears under his shirt as a pendant he has never told anyone the story. It took him a few years to realize what had happened and he knew better than to expect the people of Besander to let him stay in town if he ever revealed what he was. He would be lucky to get out of town with him head still attached to his body. So he only ever practiced his magic when he was far from town and exploring the Varrenwood.

Alright so I changed the patron from fey to a great old one. Let me know if this will work for you setting or if you would like me to tweak it to better fit the world.

Evolution is an arms race

Naughty Miss Adventure

No worries on the patron Frelance.  There would be a place for all the patrons of a warlock in the setting.

Frelance

Sounds good to me. I wasn't sure if the patron would conflict with your story so I was willing to tweak it to fit into the story better.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Okay, so just a reminder to all interested parties, recruiting closes this coming Thursday, as I would like to make a move on.

On a lesser note, I am just tad disappointed for a lack of bisexual male characters, lol

Caitlin

Ah, I hadn't even noted down Carmen's sexuality, but I'm wavering between bi-curious or bisexual, I haven't really decided on that yet. It's probably going to be bisexual since she can also try to seduce female NPC's to get the party closer to their goals, but I'll just wait and see what comes up. :-)

Frelance

Well I knew I had forgotten something. I had not decided on Kess's sexuality. I will toss him in as Bisexual to see what fun I can have with it! :)

Snake

I have a bisexual futa female character on my roster but for male chars bisexuality makes me uncomfortable admittedly.  Everyone's free to play as they want and that's fine but I wont' do it to my chars unless I've been drinking or something.

Elven Sex Goddess

Domina
CN Female Half Elf Warlock

Physical: Beautiful auburn hair half elf maiden, that is a fraternal twin.  Shorter then her brother, as she stands only 5'4" to his 6' in height.   Through he says his hair is the color of maroon,  she proscribes own hair as being auburn.   Like her brother's her eyes are a rich emerald hue.

Personality: A dark mysterious side. Who seems to relish in power and holding sway over others.  Outwardly a malevolent spirit.  Who uses her wiles to gain those unsuspecting.  Yet a hidden compassion that is drawn out by her twin.  A dark soul with a flicker of light tethered to her twin brother.   As Kyras skin hue is pale in complexion.   Like her soul, Domina's skin is a dark tan hue.  Almost as if with her brother a ying yang dynamic is represented.

Sexuality:  Predominately heterosexual, through will engage in bi-sexual endeavors.

Background: Twin fraternal sister to Kyras.  As he her twin followed in their father's footsteps.  Domina is drawn towards the life of a gypsy.   Those mystics that range from prophets, soothsayers to fortune tellers that travel from town to town.   Such gift is awaken within Domina.   A other worldly patron. That awakens within her such mysticism. 

So as Kyras path leads towards being a champion of the people, a hero.  Domina path is led towards using others.  With the inherent belief that such is destine because it is so with others weaknesses.   While Kyras trains with their father.   The otherworldly patron whispers into the mind of the young dark soul that is Domina.   As a old gypsy woman tutors her in the way of the pact. In becoming a fortune teller that reads palms and casts rune stones to read.

Like her brother, she came to live in the peaceful region in the Varrenwood, near the Misthorn mountains.  As their father had brought the family to the region.

Priapus89

clonkertink

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 05, 2017, 12:59:04 AM
On a lesser note, I am just tad disappointed for a lack of bisexual male characters, lol

I could potentially bump Damien up to bi-curious. Especially if a lady he has a thing for talks him into it, or if there's some genderbending elements in the mix. I've written guy on guy before, but I kinda have to ease into it.

Caitlin

Quote from: clonkertink on September 05, 2017, 12:42:33 PM
I could potentially bump Damien up to bi-curious. Especially if a lady he has a thing for talks him into it, or if there's some genderbending elements in the mix. I've written guy on guy before, but I kinda have to ease into it.
*Hands you some lube for easing into it.*

Wut?

:P

1651Leviathan

Question: do dragonborn have dragonborn parents? Or are they born to humans with some dragon blood in their lineage?

clonkertink

Caitlin

-grins-

That's probably something Carmen would have done, haha

AndyZ

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on September 05, 2017, 01:15:51 PM
Question: do dragonborn have dragonborn parents? Or are they born to humans with some dragon blood in their lineage?

Unless this game is different, dragonborn have dragonborn parents, hatch from eggs, etc.

Humans with literal dragon parents are half-dragons, which are similar but not their whole separate race, and a far less common occurrence.  A human who is 1/256 dragon and 255/256 human might be a Sorcerer but otherwise seem entirely human.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: AndyZ on September 05, 2017, 02:09:31 PM
Unless this game is different, dragonborn have dragonborn parents, hatch from eggs, etc.

Humans with literal dragon parents are half-dragons, which are similar but not their whole separate race, and a far less common occurrence.  A human who is 1/256 dragon and 255/256 human might be a Sorcerer but otherwise seem entirely human.

Miss Adventure's done up a whole backstory for the world, including changes to dragonborn. Hence my question!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.