Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ Interest/Recruitment! (SLOW APPROVALS!)

Started by persephone325, August 03, 2017, 11:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

I'd prefer a canon male character and I prefer the less than attractive types. I'd like to branch out from playing Toad for a change. I wouldn't mind playing Maggot again. I might consider my OC avian.

Is there anything you need more of? Males or females or even someone non-binary?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Praxis

Hi there.

I was wondering if I'd be able to use an original concept character?

Along the lines of negating mutant abilities.

Starting out at "level 1" and slowly expanding on it over time?

Possibly only being able to negate mutant abilities to start with by touch and ONLY works as long as my character and the target in question are in contact with one another?  Doing so is quite exhausting for him while "power blocking" etc...   I am fine with it being quite limited in scope.

Then over time (at the GMs discretion and with plenty of posts by me)  that power can slowly grow in scope?

Also...I'd like to use Fantomex as the costume claim. (I dig the look)  I know he's X-Men canon though.  Not sure if anyone is using him or if that would be a problem?

Vampyre Valkyrie

*waves and drops this here*

Anna Kendrick/Squirrel Girl reserved for Vampyre Valkyrie

*Scampers off*
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Kokaine

Becky G/Teodora Kane (Evo) reserved for Kokaine

Please and thank you :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

noodlebloom

Quote from: Jagerin on August 09, 2017, 02:55:25 PM
I'd prefer a canon male character and I prefer the less than attractive types. I'd like to branch out from playing Toad for a change. I wouldn't mind playing Maggot again. I might consider my OC avian.

Is there anything you need more of? Males or females or even someone non-binary?

Somebody non-binary would be awesome. :D

noodlebloom

Quote from: Elf on August 09, 2017, 11:55:13 AM
Hello all it has been much too long since I have done any writing and would very much like to get back to it with this group.

That being said I have submitted Stripe and Fixer to the GMs for consideration.

Aaaaaaa I just read back through and saw this! Winnie definitely needs her best kitty friend back! :DDD

Jag

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 09, 2017, 05:19:15 PM
Somebody non-binary would be awesome. :D

I think so too. ^^ Working on the profile now.

Though since they are non-binary, not sure what color to put for the reservation Faceclaim, so I'm going with a mix of the blue and pink and doing purple. >.< Cause Jag has to be difficult.

Jana Knauerova reserved for Jagerin

Black Howling

Quote from: Jagerin on August 09, 2017, 05:28:51 PM

Though since they are non-binary, not sure what color to put for the reservation Faceclaim, so I'm going with a mix of the blue and pink and doing purple. >.< Cause Jag has to be difficult.

Apologies for my late reply, but I was going to echo Noodle. And don't worry, the purple color works awesomely.
Quote from: Praxis on August 09, 2017, 03:20:39 PM
Hi there.

I was wondering if I'd be able to use an original concept character?

Along the lines of negating mutant abilities.

Starting out at "level 1" and slowly expanding on it over time?

Possibly only being able to negate mutant abilities to start with by touch and ONLY works as long as my character and the target in question are in contact with one another?  Doing so is quite exhausting for him while "power blocking" etc...   I am fine with it being quite limited in scope.

Then over time (at the GMs discretion and with plenty of posts by me)  that power can slowly grow in scope?

Also...I'd like to use Fantomex as the costume claim. (I dig the look)  I know he's X-Men canon though.  Not sure if anyone is using him or if that would be a problem?

Be sending you a pm as soon as I can sit to write it out.

noodlebloom

Quote from: Jagerin on August 09, 2017, 05:28:51 PM

Yay! :3 Definitely hit me up for character connections once you're accepted!

Jag

And CS sent. ^^

*waits in the rafters like a good skitter bug*

Opaq

Hi, I was interested in using an OC whose power involves combining powers/splitting them between people but in doing so weakens the powers by a fraction. For example: He can combine the powers of Cyclops and Wolverine so that both are laser shooting regenerating mutants but both powers would only work at half the strength they would normally work at.  Of course this power can't replicate things like Wolverine's adamantium bones.  Please let me know what you think :)

Praxis

persephone325

Jag! I totally didn't even think about non-binary characters. >.< Thank you for bringing that up.

Also, I was at the county fair today. So I have a lot of catching up to do. ^^ Thank goodness Howling was around to answer questions for you guys. <3
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Quote from: Opaq on August 09, 2017, 06:03:39 PM
Hi, I was interested in using an OC whose power involves combining powers/splitting them between people but in doing so weakens the powers by a fraction. For example: He can combine the powers of Cyclops and Wolverine so that both are laser shooting regenerating mutants but both powers would only work at half the strength they would normally work at.  Of course this power can't replicate things like Wolverine's adamantium bones.  Please let me know what you think :)

(I hate when I double post. lol)

Howling and I aren't really comfortable with OC mutants who have the ability to mess with other mutant's powers. It can get really messy, and has the potential to leave some people feeling miffed, like they don't have control over what makes their character unique. Even if the power you suggested would make the powers he/she is messing with quite weaker.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jag

Sean Patrick Flanery reserved for Jagerin

EDIT: Sorry, I keep changing this. It's for the same character. I just can't decide on the actor. But I'm set now. >.<

Elf

Quote from: noodlebloom on August 09, 2017, 05:28:14 PM
Aaaaaaa I just read back through and saw this! Winnie definitely needs her best kitty friend back! :DDD

Agreed, she does need her best kitty friend.

Kokaine: We should work on some sort of connection between Stripe and Wyldkat, after all they are both ferals and feline. They could either be great friends or rivals. They do both like Winnie, she's fun and amusing.

Kokaine

Quote from: Elf on August 10, 2017, 08:34:14 AM
Agreed, she does need her best kitty friend.

Kokaine: We should work on some sort of connection between Stripe and Wyldkat, after all they are both ferals and feline. They could either be great friends or rivals. They do both like Winnie, she's fun and amusing.

Absolutely. Point me at your sheet or tell me about him and we can work it out. At this point Im thinking rivalry could be fun :P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Elf

Quote from: Kokaine on August 10, 2017, 08:43:59 AM
Absolutely. Point me at your sheet or tell me about him and we can work it out. At this point Im thinking rivalry could be fun :P

Here is the link in the old character thread. Stripe

Kokaine

My O/Os

Jag

Elf

Vampyre Valkyrie

*Swings in and drops the thing*

Emma Roberts/Fem!Spidey - Peter Parker reserved for Vampyre Valkyrie

*Lands and waves* Hi guys!
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Desirable Outcome

Lady Lunarius

Storm reserved for Lady Lunarius   Please?? Face claim to be placed soonish...
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on August 10, 2017, 03:41:05 PM
Storm reserved for Lady Lunarius   Please?? Face claim to be placed soonish...

I vote for Mike Tyson.