Power Rangers Interest Check

Started by Theo, October 09, 2015, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theo

We've all seen how it goes. A group of teenagers, guys and girls alike, chosen by one force or another (that goes on to explain what being a Power Ranger is and what it all entails) to protect the world from a group of monsters hell bent on destroying/taking over the world. And this group, for the most part, know each other in one way or another.

But what if this wasn't the case?

What if these individuals didn't have the slightest connection to one another? (Other than them living in the same city obviously, or the rp would never go anywhere) What if the power to become a Power Ranger just fell from the sky with no indication as to what they truly are or what they were truly capable of? The world is still in danger (otherwise there'd be no point to the rp), but those that can become Power Rangers don't know that. All they know is they've come across whatever their morpher is (I was thinking something simple, like a ring) on the street (Or in a small crater. My initial idea was there's a meteor shower one night, and the rings fall from the sky during the shower. Who doesn't love stuff from space??)

The equipment would be what is usually associated with the Power Rangers. A suit(but not just a spandex suit. I was thinking a combat vest worn around the chest) A gun/blaster, another weapon (sword, pole, etc) and a Zord. I also want to hear your opinion on them having access to motorcycles. The Zords would have the ability to combine with one another, true to Power Ranger fashion, but with the rangers having no initial connection to one another, this isn't known. The story would revolve around the threat of the world being destroyed (or enslaved, whichever works for you) and the rangers being the Earth's only hope of survival.

I have tried GM/DMing in the past, and it never worked out too well. That's why I'm putting this in the thread I am. Ideally I would prefer the cast to be OCs, to truly give the sense of discovery of the individuals newfound powers. Because lets face it. How boring would this scenario be?

Tommy Oliver: Ooh. Look. Another morpher. -sigh- Gotta save th world....again....Better call Kim.

Anyways, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies?!?
Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure.

On and off

Allangar

This idea is really interesting and i could gm that if we have enough players

what i am wondering should we do this freeform or with a system like D20 or something like that.

i will keep an eyes open on this

:)

Theo

That would be cool :)

I prefer freeform myself, but if more people want/like d20 more than we can go with that instead.

I just wanted to get the idea put out there to see if there would be enough people to actually play it or not.

On and off

Allangar

it's ok we'll see if there is other players interested and we will see what we do after that

Batman4560

Did someone say Power Rangers? I'm in before I even start reading the idea.

Allangar

it ok, if we have at least 3 players we will do something.

Allangar

ok then since i have at least 3 person interested i will make the char sheet for this story and i will post it sooner.

Allangar

Name:
Favorite color:
Talisman:
Description:
Measurements:

Ons:
Offs:
Misc:

Here the general sheet i will use, the mythical beast is the type of Zord you have : The list of choice is the next
- Dragon
- Gryphon's
- Manticore
- Unicorn
- Roc

those are basic idea if you have something else in mind, tell me and we will see what we can do.

the talisman is a small item that hold your power.

The on and off are toward sexual situation we will add to the game.

If you have any question dont be afraid to ask or pm me

Theo

Name: Brittania (lil B, B.T.) Tavaras
Sexual orientation: Bi
Mythical beast: Roc
Favorite color: Black
Talisman: ring worn on right ring finger
Description: 5ft 10. Red hair. Blue eyes. Not someone to be taken lightly.
Measurements: None of your business nosey ass

Ons: Will try anything not in the Offs once.
Offs: Blood, Gore, Scat, Humiliation
Misc: Currently a Lieutenant in the Black Viper Street Gang. Always armed with a Glock G21 hidden somewhere on her person.

On and off

Allangar

Lyku

I think I might be interested, solely because it is the concept that they are complete strangers.  It is a different approach on Power Rangers.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Allangar

Lyku, the char sheet is a little back in the post so do your char and submit it and we will be able to start soon.

Batman4560

Sorry it took so long to get this up, I have been super ill.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Alex Stone
Sexual orientation: Straight
Mythical beast: Manticore
Favorite color: Gold
Talisman: Hat
Description: 6'2" Brown hair, Blue eyes, easy going until threatened.
Measurements: We have these?

Ons: Willing to try anything once.
Offs: Will be added to after trying something once.
Misc: Likes playing Board games.

Theo

@Blinkin: what if we had it set up to where their powers would activate automatically whenever the rangers were in mortal danger?

On and off

Allangar

Batman4560, it's better to have some pics for your char, make it anime or not that your choice it's not mandatory.

@Blinkin if you wish to partake in this make a char.

also i was thinking of making it so each player knows they had some power but they are unaware that there is a group of them and that they are stronger together. Thing will push them toward each other.

Ryua

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER.
Seriously. I loved this show so very much as a kid.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/RyuaAlba/Liana%20Chase_zpshalzp5o8.jpg

Name: Liana Chase
Sexual orientation: Pan
Mythical beast: Dragon
Favorite color: Purple
Talisman: Collar tag
Description: Eisha's one of those women who isn't afraid to go walking out after dark by herself. More likely to be taken for a fit, slender man, she works out regularly. She was a wrestler in school, the only female on the team, and she's kept herself in shape ever since, dabbling in various martial arts classes. Her hair's straight and short, a non-descript brown that she often adds random colour to on a whim. Eyes are dark brown, skin is caramel-ish. Not immediately identifiable as any particular race, but faintly Asian.
Measurements: 6'1", 36-30-38

Ons:  BDSM, kink, enthusiasm
Offs: boring, rape, incest, underage
Misc: She's proud of her body, both her physical strength and sexual prowess.

(Image will be forthcoming once I make one.)
ONs and OFFs and existing RPs
Wanted RPs
Rabbit Hole

Bought Pokemon Y. And working overtime. Sorry if I don't respond for a couple days longer than usual.

Allangar

bokotousamurai

What's up?

I've ran a Power Rangers game in BESM before, although it evolved to be my own original Toku-inspired thing when I stoped playing by PR conventions and started doing my own things(red ranger doesn't have to be the leader, it takes place in-universe with other stuffs I do, two rangers are a duo of some kind usually the white and black if it's not two others, etc.)

Since you seem to have a GM picked out though, just thought I'd pop in and let you know I have ideas from other "seasons" I could offer that you can guys can use. Like what build/class your ranger would be(my buddy had a blue range who was a literal mighty glacier), and villain ideas since I don't see any.

I even have a season in mind called Mighty Myth, which has similar setup...though different zords.

What I'm saying is I can be co-gm, or at leas an/co idea guy since I'd like to see some my ideas come to light and I d love to share them with some fellow fans.

Though if I'm coming off as pretentious, feel free to ignore me, I mostly posted this on a nerdgasm/moment of inspiration
I'm the coolest nerd there is, and I don't care that that isn't an accomplishment.

Theo

Hey that's cool with me :) The way I see it, the more GMs we have the better. Send Allangar a pm with some of your ideas :)

On and off

insaneplots

I like this idea though Im not a big d20 system fan interested to see where this goes.

Allangar

Insaneplot,

this is a freeform rp so no D20 for the moment i may had some system later if needed but it wont be d20.

Allangar

here is the link for the RP there is two other thread there for char sheet and out of char chat.
the introduction will follow shortly.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239030.0