Names not showing up in the "To:" field of PMs

Started by Hera, December 15, 2013, 01:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hera

Apologies if this has already been asked or answered; I looked around and didn't find anything.

Usually when I go to send a PM and start typing the Elliquiy member name in the "To:" field, a list of possible names comes up, growing shorter as it narrows down until I type enough that the list is down to just 1 name.  Then I click on the name.

Now when I start typing, nothing happens.  I tried sending a PM to someone just by typing the member name, but then I noticed when I was replying to a PM, the  member name was in the "To:" field with quotation marks around it.

So has something been changed?  And/or do I need to put a member name in quotations for it to be received?

Beguile's Mistress

Have you switched browsers or if not have you tried refreshing your browser?

Hera

Well, that's interesting.  I'm using Chrome, have always used Chrome. I tried refreshing, closing and re-opening, still the same thing.  But I opened Internet Explorer and logged on to Elliquiy and it worked fine.  So not sure if it's Chrome, or just my copy of Chrome (probably the latter).

Thanks!

Vekseid

Chrome breaks things, repeatedly. It might work again next update : /

Beguile's Mistress

Chrome is persnickety.  I don't know why I thought of the browser but I'm glad it worked.

Vekseid

Well, Google plays very fast and loose with updates to it.

Ember Star

They're right about the browser. I use a smartphone on E. But if I use my stock browser or Dolphin, the list shows, if I use Opera Mini, it doesn't show. There's several other things that don't work on Opera Mini. I really only use it because it's a lot faster than the other two. Then if I'm actually posting or doing something that requires coding, I use one of the others.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony