Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Adonis

Of course ! All players are welcome (for the most part, unless you make me want to strangle you with something large and meaty)
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Secretwriter

Welcome, Muse!  And my oh my! I was complaining earlier that there were no males signing up and that I was gonna be all on my lonesome in game... Ladies! Step right up! Poor Adonis! Help a po' boy out! :3 ;D

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Skye

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Adonis

We don't have very many of those. *is very hungry for pearls suddenly*.
O/O's

Pumpkin Seeds

O.O...why would you want to eat pearls?

Also, once tests clear up I could throw my hat in the ring.

Alsheriam

(( I like this idea, and decided to throw my hat into the ring. I'm pretty much pulling this out of my arse here so please bear with me ))

Character:

Code-Name: Mirage
Ethnicity: Irish-American
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Resident Advisor (PhD student working on thesis)

Appearance:

Hair: Short & sandy
Eyes: Green
Build: Athletic
Clothing style: Comfortable and stylish, Michael usually sticks with what works best for his tall, athletic build. Blazers and pants are a large part of his wardrobe - he dresses like a professional.
X-Men Suit: He is rarely seen in it. When he is, however, he dons a skintight protective suit with a load-bearing vest in military kit, exemplifying his ex-military status. He also dons a special pair of goggles to protect his eyes, which are the keystone of his powers.

(Michael's suit looks like this)

Date Of Birth:May 20, 1982
Place Of Birth: Dublin, Ireland
Citizenship: Naturalized US citizen through US military service

Information:

Personality: "Call me Mike."

Michael is popularly known amongst the general student population as the genial, open and intelligently incisive person to go to should any student need someone to talk to, bounce project or papers off of and a shoulder to cry on. More importantly so, Michael isn't a 'snitch' - he won't inform the school authorities if a student explicitly requests it and this has gotten Michael into a ton of trouble over the years. While he knows that his powers are substantial, his experience in The War has taught him that relying solely on them won't do at all, and he continues honing his physical fitness and other non-mutant skills at a razor-sharp edge should the need ever call for it. His position as faculty/staff places the students as his primary responsibility, and his protectiveness of them because of that duty shines through in times of dire need.

Background:
Michael had always led an unremarkable life. His childhood and early formative years were as thankfully boring and typical as anyone could ever ask for, until the economic collapse in his home country of Ireland, on top with the medical costs of his cancer-stricken mother gave him the reason to leave his beloved homeland, friends and family to enlist with the US military, which was desperate for fit, capable and more importantly, non-mutant recruits.

While Michael has always had strange incidents throughout his life of momentarily seeing through solid walls, he had very much often dismissed it and never spoke about it to anyone else. But being in The War forced that latent power to grow abruptly, albeit somewhat painfully. He did not realize that it was an actual mutant power he possessed until his pressing need to seek out the enemy in combat, be it in wide open terrain or in urban close quarters, did he grow to use that power with increasing frequency. This enabled him to find the enemy in the most inexplicable of hiding places, much to their befuddlement whenever they were captured. At one point, over the course of four months, he with his platoon found and captured thirty High-Value Targets which netted a ton of reward money for his whole unit, making him a popular lucky charm to bring along whenever his unit moved out.

He did not reveal this to his platoon-mates, however, always putting it down to sheer luck and soldierly instincts. Prolonged and constant usage of that power however, made his eyes grow rather sensitive to daylight and would not recover for at least half a week, causing him to keep his ballistic goggles on throughout the day. This practice of his caused his platoon-mates to make fun of him at first, because it was considered unfashionable and unmanly in the Army in general to even consider wearing those things, but his continued insistence on keeping the goggles on turned his platoon-mates' amusement to suspicion that Michael could actually, be a mutant. It didn't take very long before he was subject to a blood test, showing the rapid changes in his chromosomes as a result of his accelerated evolution in combat and was promptly medically discharged.

Even though he could keep his Army pay through those three years of service, his mutant status caused him to be exempt from the pension accorded to any veteran. The religious right even made it their business to keep him from marrying another person, and snuffed out the hope of ever landing a decent job. It was a godsend that Professor Xavier sought him out right away and offered him a position to continue the graduate studies he disrupted when he departed Ireland. Now that he has earned his Masters in Political Science, he decided to stay on and repay Professor X's generosity by serving in his school whilst pursuing his PhD as well.

Mother:

Name: Alice Brannigan
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Lucas Brannigan

Other Relatives:
N/A

Powers: 'X-Ray Vision' - Michael can see through any manner of solid objects.

Secondary Powers: Exceptional Agility - Michael has always been a very athletic boy in school, bagging first place and first runner-up medals effortlessly with some amount of training. This ability did not make itself obvious until he was scrambling around in combat like a monkey with his body weight in equipment and armor on his person.

Power Limitations:
1.) Prolonged usage of 'X-Ray Vision' causes his eyes to grow very sensitive to light and will hurt unless he dons a pair of shades that blocks out sufficient light.

2.) His muscles will take on additional strain and fatigue every time he pushes himself to the limit. Physical conditioning and training increases the amount of strain he can take and mitigates that strain.

Hobbies and Interests:
Despite his capabilities, Michael is an absolute bookworm. There's nothing he can ask for more than to bury his nose in a book accompanied with a cup of hot chocolate, which he makes using his own recipe - none of that silly commercialized powder. It's quite popular with the ladies who can be fond of dropping by to say hello. ;)

To top things off, by god, if the man can cook.
A/A

Black Howling

Character:

Code-Name: Nocturne
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Position at the School: Senior Class

Appearance:

Hair: Raven
Eyes: Dark Purple irises, with black where the whites would normally be
Skin: Pale
Weight: 210 lbs
Height: 6'2
Other: Just the previously mentioned eyes.

Date Of Birth: October 25, 1992 (Assuming it takes place in the present.)
Place Of Birth: Wichita, Kansas; United States
Citizenship: US citizen.

Information:

Personality: Nocturne is a quiet natured person who has trouble communicating around large groups of people.  He's artistic minded, and if he can let go of the cynicism he tries to hide behind, this quality tends to come out in his everyday speech. He has a kind heart that he sometimes sees as a weakness, though no matter how he tries he doesn't seem able to let it go, especially in face of someone else's suffering.   

Background: Nocturne's life started on the run, born in the backseat of his fathers old chevy. His father was a mutant that used his powers for the sake of greed, burglarizing buildings and stealing what he could. A life on the road was all he knew for the first ten years of his life, until his father simply walked out on him; leaving his mother to care for a mutant child. She tried enrolling him in school, but found very quickly that his special qualities weren't possible to hide, even behind a medical condition.

This started his descent into social seclusion, and eventually those whom had suspicions about his condition decided to act on them. They confronted his mother when he was thirteen, and after hearing the threats, he decided it was best to do as his father had: so he left. He survived on the streets by plying his fathers trade as a criminal for two years before the police finally caught onto him. He walked right into a sting, and was arrested when they caught him looting vending machines outside a strip mall.

When his mother was informed, she called Xavier's school for gifted youngsters, which she'd learned of from a friend, and asked if they could somehow help. They manage to intervene, and got him taken into their custody for juvenile rehabilitation. He worked out well there, managing schooling, but was moved to the new school when it was opened to make room for younger mutants in need.

Mother:

Name: Angela Carter

Father:

Name: Jared Carter (Nightrider)
Race: Mutant

Other Relatives: None that he has ever met.

Powers: Slightly heightened reflexes, bone density, olfactory and physical strength. He can also see near perfectly in pitch darkness.

Power Limitations: His increase in the five senses is fairly minor. He also has a near allergic reaction to light, with UV rays sapping bits of his energy, while any bright light blinds his sensitive eyes.   

Hobbies and Interests: He's interested in any artistic pursuit, while cooking and writing tend to be his main hobbies.

OOC Ons and Offs:

(For your perusal, sorry if it seems a little stiff. Coffee seems ineffective this morning, and I haven't made a proper character sheet in ages! Look forward to your opinions on it. ^^) PS: Edited because I found a picture, or one that would work anyhow. Just picture the eyes I stated. Lol

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Adonis on November 29, 2010, 04:29:30 AM
*smells lots and lots of sausages...*

~Looks at bewbs~

Is it bad that I want to take Howling's character into an empty classroom....>.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on November 29, 2010, 08:35:03 AM
~Looks at bewbs~

Is it bad that I want to take Howling's character into an empty classroom....>.>

<.< Now that's a compliment. I was afraid the character might have sucked, it's been so long since I made a proper profile. Lol

Lady Lunarius

That character is freaking sexy! ~Daydreams~ >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kendra

Adonis mentioned this game to me in passing and I thought today I'd take a look. Really love the concept behind it and hope my girl here passes inspection. ;)

Character:

Code-Name: Metallica

Sex: female
Relationship Status: single
Position at the School: Senior Year

Appearance:

Hair: long and red
Eyes: hazel
Skin: pale
Weight: 110lbs
Height: 5’ 8”
Other: slender with small breasts,

Date Of Birth: May 12th 1994
Place Of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: She has a typical temper associated with her hair colour. Not keen on making new friends she is usually a tad on the rude side when she first meets any one. She’s smart but has to work hard to get good grades as her attention span wavers a lot and she prefers to slack off usually. Is better with more practical exercises, excels in self defence though she looks wimpy compared to everyone else. Is also very good in her lab associated classes.

Background:
Born on the south side of Chicago to two mutant doctors, Megan was doted on from an early age. Her father Daniel Shields watched eagerly for the day when his only child would reveal her abilities. He had the ability as his name suggested to protect his body, to shield it by any means necessary. He could cause a force field to expound from his very core in times of crisis. When humans were about this shield took on the guise of whatever was nearby. A matching wall, another car, a tree. Her mother, Penn Metling had the ability to turn her fingers into any metal weapons or tools. Very useful in surgery.

Megan was aware from a young age that her parents were different and loved how they never tried to influence her decision on anything. Always trying to get her to see things for herself and to get the full story before forming an opinion on anything or anyone. When she turned ten years of age both parents began to worry about her growth. She was very tall even then but never seemed to put on any weight. They ran procedural checks on her but she was healthy and so they merely watched as she grew up. By her thirteenth birthday she was taller than most girls her own age and much thinner than them as well. On holding a few balloons she felt herself get light headed only to hear some of her friends screaming and pointing at her. She had risen a few inches from the ground.

Her parents managed to convince the adolescents in attendance that there had been too much helium in the balloons and stayed by their daughters side for the rest of the day, effectively holding her down. That night as they sat at the dinner table she reached for her fork, as soon as it touched her hand it melded with it. She began to scream not knowing what was going on. Her parents were out of their chairs like lightening watching bewildered but delighted as their daughters entire body began to encase itself in metal. Bit by bit the iron seemed to click into place until she was covered completely. There was no way she’d be floating off now.

She was enrolled into Xavier’s academy and slowly came to terms with her abilities, though it is taking her longer to bend them to her will. She was given the nickname of Metallica almost instantly.

Mother:

Name: Penn Metling (Slizer)
Race: mutant

Father:

Name: Daniel Shields (Shield)
Race: mutant

Other Relatives: none

Powers:
Major: Metal shield that encompasses her entire body

Minor: Pulse – can raise or slow her pulse – has been used to get her out of classes a few times

Minor: translucent -  Xavier has informed her that this might eventually lead to perhaps invisibility but for now her pale skin becomes ghostly white usually when negative emotions (not anger) are displayed.

Power Limitations:
Major: Has not learned yet how to control this properly. Everything metal she touches has the ability it seems to cause her change. She is trying to learn how to prevent this and to change at her own will. So far unsuccessful and must use plastic knives and forks during meal times. (cost of wooden chairs add up)

Minor: First seen as a side-effect from her transformation from metal, her pulse slowed down considerably. Now she finds she can raise it by will a few notches or lower it herself when the mood takes her. (The school doctor no longer rushes to the class room when she attempts this.)

Minor: Her skin was always pale and almost appears to have a metallic sheen for hours after a transformation but after she broke up with her first boyfriend at the age of fifteen, she became so visibly pale everyone thought they were looking at a ghost. Has never happened for prolonged periods.

Hobbies and Interests:
Loves tinkering with car and motorbike engines.

Black Howling

My compliments, Kendra. I like that character. :)

Rhedyn

I have a character I think may work well here as School Counsellor, if it is still available. I'll get the character sheet up asap for you to have a look over and see what you think :)

Hellion000

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 28, 2010, 11:10:05 PM
What is the expectation regarding power limitations for an original character? It seems fairly obvious that, say, Colossus doesn't have access to his superhuman strength or durability unless he's transformed, and when he is transformed he suffers more or less due to being made of organic steel, but others such as Wolverine seem to have no particular limitations at all.

Cold,

Actually, if you look beyond basic powers Wolverine is one of the most limited characters in the comic.

For starters, he has absolutely no ranged attacks or defensive powers. Healing, while awesome, is NOT a defensive power, it is a support power. Also, he's got the most psychological disadvantages to the entire roster of X-Men with the POSSIBLE exception of Penance from Generation X. He's also got the most enemies- all of whom are roughly as powerful as he is, and the largest roster of gov't groups who would LOVE to 'study' him. All in all, while he's almost impossible to beat in a fight, he's nearly useless outside of conflict and he draws more attention from enemy groups than anyone else. And, really... the fact that he's almost impossible to beat in a fight stems as much from experience as it does Adamantium skeletons and healing factor.

Secret,

I think that tying character weaknesses directly into powers is a very bad way to go. You're leaving out an entire wide range of disabilities that are available to the players to balance their characters. You'd be better off insisting that for every power a character takes they also take two distinct and limiting power weaknesses, character flaws, or social flaws.

For example:

Gregor 'Lash' Monroe.

Gregor is a blatant mutant who finds it almost impossible to hide his powers and 'deformities'. Instead of two normal arms, the tall young black man has several sets of tentacle like pseudopod that sprout from nests at his shoulders. While this does make him an amazing table tennis player, it makes things hard for him at the grocery store. Added to the complication brought about by his 'arms' is the fact that his appendages act like jellyfish tentacles, and can release mildly powerful electrical bursts along with a debilitating toxin. Lash is well known on the west coast, and any attempts to return there with or without an X team will likely result in complication from the gang of modestly powered youthful supervillans he used to associate with. Lastly, Lash has a temper problem that comes from his appearance. Only seventeen years old, the X-Men protoge' is violent and angry when confronted with his 'deformities'.

or

Edgar Santiago.

Edgar wears gloves wherever he goes not as a status symbol or character quirk, but because his hands constantly secrete a complex blend of toxins that combine the best of narcoleptic and paralytic compounds. In addition to being a holy terror in hand to hand combat, Edgar has learned to fling his secretions up to twenty feet with considerable accuracy. Due to the nature of his power he's unable to touch anyone living creature with his bare hands, unless he's willing to babysit them while the toxins work their courses- roughly a 24 hour timeframe in most people. The toxins render the target comatose and also completely disable higher nerve function, leaving the target asleep and only able to breathe. While this is impressive against unarmed foes, he's completely useless against anyone who employs armor or a shield, as the compounds must contact skin or be ingested to work.

Both those characters (which I've played in Marvel Saga in the past) seem to have no 'power weaknesses' beyond basic combat considerations, but the difficulties and problems that stem from their powers are extremely potent, and result in deep characters who are interesting to roleplay and explore.

Angel Fire

Mmm... I do have an idea that is based off of a canon character (Firestar) but she would be of my own creation with her still learning her powers.  I am sure that would cause some havoc around the school?

Do you mind if I give all of the information to you all when I get home from work late tonight?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Black Howling

Quote from: Hellion000 on November 29, 2010, 11:00:27 AM
Cold,

Actually, if you look beyond basic powers Wolverine is one of the most limited characters in the comic.

For starters, he has absolutely no ranged attacks or defensive powers. Healing, while awesome, is NOT a defensive power, it is a support power. Also, he's got the most psychological disadvantages to the entire roster of X-Men with the POSSIBLE exception of Penance from Generation X. He's also got the most enemies- all of whom are roughly as powerful as he is, and the largest roster of gov't groups who would LOVE to 'study' him. All in all, while he's almost impossible to beat in a fight, he's nearly useless outside of conflict and he draws more attention from enemy groups than anyone else. And, really... the fact that he's almost impossible to beat in a fight stems as much from experience as it does Adamantium skeletons and healing factor.

Secret,

I think that tying character weaknesses directly into powers is a very bad way to go. You're leaving out an entire wide range of disabilities that are available to the players to balance their characters. You'd be better off insisting that for every power a character takes they also take two distinct and limiting power weaknesses, character flaws, or social flaws.

For example:

Gregor 'Lash' Monroe.

Gregor is a blatant mutant who finds it almost impossible to hide his powers and 'deformities'. Instead of two normal arms, the tall young black man has several sets of tentacle like pseudopod that sprout from nests at his shoulders. While this does make him an amazing table tennis player, it makes things hard for him at the grocery store. Added to the complication brought about by his 'arms' is the fact that his appendages act like jellyfish tentacles, and can release mildly powerful electrical bursts along with a debilitating toxin. Lash is well known on the west coast, and any attempts to return there with or without an X team will likely result in complication from the gang of modestly powered youthful supervillans he used to associate with. Lastly, Lash has a temper problem that comes from his appearance. Only seventeen years old, the X-Men protoge' is violent and angry when confronted with his 'deformities'.

or

Edgar Santiago.

Edgar wears gloves wherever he goes not as a status symbol or character quirk, but because his hands constantly secrete a complex blend of toxins that combine the best of narcoleptic and paralytic compounds. In addition to being a holy terror in hand to hand combat, Edgar has learned to fling his secretions up to twenty feet with considerable accuracy. Due to the nature of his power he's unable to touch anyone living creature with his bare hands, unless he's willing to babysit them while the toxins work their courses- roughly a 24 hour timeframe in most people. The toxins render the target comatose and also completely disable higher nerve function, leaving the target asleep and only able to breathe. While this is impressive against unarmed foes, he's completely useless against anyone who employs armor or a shield, as the compounds must contact skin or be ingested to work.

Both those characters (which I've played in Marvel Saga in the past) seem to have no 'power weaknesses' beyond basic combat considerations, but the difficulties and problems that stem from their powers are extremely potent, and result in deep characters who are interesting to roleplay and explore.

I have to politely disagree. While those characters and concepts sound interesting, they also seem more fit to an antagonist then anything else. I've seen a lot of people make characters like that, and are completely unable to portray them as anything more than disruptive. I'm sure from how you write that you could manage it fine, but the average person of interest probably could not. It's writing a character with large mental issues, that's hard.

I also didn't see Secret say you needed a combat weakness, simply limitations to your abilities. For example, Wolverine's procedure, the only reason he is the class of mutant he is, leaves him with bouts of psychotic rage at times. It also wipes his memory, thus most of that experience he has, leaving him using it more by instinct then anything else. That's a power limitation that is set from his major power, the adamantine skeleton. Let's face it, he's not very strong without it.

I mean no offense with those comments. I'm just saying that not everyone can portray a character like you described, and Secret's method lists a set down, and simple way for people to get in touch with their power, use it in a creative manner, and even manage to make intriguing role-play elements due to those limitations. I like it, and I think most others here do as well.

Aiden

Character:

Code-Name: n/a
Ethnicity: Unknown
Team Affiliation: Independent
Position at the School: Entering Junior (High)

Appearance:

Hair: Dark Brown, curly and thick
Eyes: Dark Brown
Skin: Light Tan- Caucasian
Weight: 5'11
Height: 157
Other: Played by James Franco

Date Of Birth: April 1, 1993
Place Of Birth: Unknown, but first record of him is dated at Mercy Hospital in San Diego, California.
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: Sean has always been the kind to never back down from a challenge, loving to be in the spotlight as it is there he revives the attention he never got from his parents. He feels jealous and sometimes anger towards others who feel "welcomed" when he has lived his life alone and without anyone to see him, it is not uncommon to catch him staring at a wall when he wants to shut himself off emotionally from the world. Because of his need to be noticed, he acts out and is not above doing something "wrong" if it means he is recognized. Tending to keep to himself he struggles with the urge to want to open himself up to others but has not fully developed the social skills to do so, instead he has tried to impress or be noticed by his abilities he struggles to control. He can be awkward at times, it is rare for him to have a smile on his face unless he is doing something reckless or challenging.

Background:
This first years of Sean's life seemed no different then those of other children, except he was always the "black sheep" of the family when compared to his younger brother Nathan. For reasons he never knew until much later in life, it always seemed as he was the less loved in the family and it was not until much later in life did he learn why. Sean was a product of the "anonymous baby drop" programs hospitals, police stations and fire departments supported and he was quickly placed at the Charmer's household as a foster child. In his younger days he was a little demon, learning to walk way to early for his age and had a tendency to take things and hide them. He never really got out of the "mine" and selfish phase of life, it was a tendency to take things and it got him in plenty of trouble in school. Crayons, toys, snacks if he could take it he would and it did not take long for his behavior to get him in trouble. When his brother Nathan was born, he loved his brother unlike any other brother would and even calmed down as he was entering the teen years.

Nathan and Sean were close but as they aged, the differences between his brother and himself were more noticeable and questions started to come up from their class mates and soon enough he discovered he was just a foster child. Nathan was smart, he was not, Nathan was blond and blue eyed, perfect while he was not. It was not long before kids wanted to hang out with Nathan and ignore Sean, his past behavior resurfaced and at that age he began to get in trouble once more.

Sean did not steal snacks or toys anymore, he began to take wallets, keys, teacher's manuals and toss or torch them. He would take from people who ignored him and favored his brother, he would steal from teachers or his parents as vengeance for ignoring him.  Detention and suspension became common and when his "parents" tried to discipline he would leave and not return for days. Living on the streets for stretched at a time, his schooling suffered as did the relationship with his "parents". The young budding teen was not ready for the world and after being caught stealing he was sent to juvi a few times and was quick to return on more offense. His powers began to surface, making him better at what he did, at first it began with the almost inhumane ability to sprint for long stretches of time or have a quick slight of hand. In a fight he was quick to react but he took many beatings when cornered by the tougher teenagers in Juvi (after stealing their stuff) until the one time he went through a wall and right into a guard's booth. He was unable to do it again, when the guard returned to his post he was cuffed and sent to isolation while they reviewed what had happened and asked the witnesses.

Sean Charmers was a mutant, a mutant with a long criminal record and when he was put before a judge if it had not been for a man who arrived at the last moment to defend him he was going to be trailed as an adult for grand larceny. A deal was made and Sean would be sent to some school for people like himself. The idea of school made him want to sneer but it was either jail or school so he reluctantly accepted.

Because of his years on the streets, he is rather behind in his education. He stopped attending school in 7th grade and his undiagnosed dyslexia had made it much harder for him to learn. But living on his own has made him "street smart" not that it mattered much anymore as he actually had a home. But for how long, he asked himself as he knew that one day he would not be welcomed there anymore either.

Mother:

Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown

Father:

Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown

Other Relatives:
Nathan Charmers- Best friend, not actually related to the Charmers Family.

Powers:
Speed and Reflex- Sean's abilities are still developing but he had noticed he can sprint and run for long periods of time at the cost of fatigue the next day or two. His running speed has yet to be tracked but it is certainly inhuman.

His hands are quick and graceful, making him a natural card player or gambler (if he could actually gamble) but he uses this ability to pick pocket or steal from people in large crowds.

Passing through walls?- Sean has only managed this ability once when he was about to be brutally assaulted. Further attempts to have him recreate this ability have led to failure and comical constant run ins into a wall multiple times, once so hard he knocked himself out.

Cloaking?- Undiscovered 

Power Limitations:
Sean's muscles still fatigue whenever he uses his speed for long periods of time. He seems to burn a lot of energy or have a hyper metabolism as he gets hungry constantly and loves to eat a lot.
His other abilities are unknown to him and some he discovers are nearly impossible to recall.

Hobbies and Interests:
Visuals- Movies and Music, being from San Diego he loved to go to Parks, Zoos and other attractions that let him walk around and just look at things all day.
Hands on activities- building scale models, drawing, painting.
Wanders around at times with no reason for it, just "walking" around the block a few times.

OOC Ons and Offs:   

Rhedyn

Character:

Code-Name: N/A
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: single
Team Affiliation: Independent
Position at the School: School Counsellor

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Amber/gold – see above picture
Skin: Slightly tanned
Weight: 130lbs
Height: 5’ 7”
Other: Slim with a curvaceous figure. Her body is marred with scars from her past.. small ones visible over her back and torso, a particularly large one centred over her womb.

Date Of Birth: 13th March 1982
Place Of Birth: London
Citizenship: British

Information:

Personality: Cass is strong willed, confident and independent, caring but also a tough nut to crack at times. She has spent a long time alone, is intelligent and more mentally focused than physically. She’s practical and dislikes procrastination, preferring to just get things done, as once she’s decided on something she just does it without looking back. She is, because of her power, very alert and conscious of other people’s feelings and has a very strong moral standing. She’s emotionally strong and stable, not prone to extreme mood swings and able to deal with them efficiently when they occur. Loss of control of her emotions can lead to her affecting those around her without meaning to. Because of her need to maintain her control she does not drink or do recreational drugs. She is, however, still haunted by the nightmares of her past.

Background: Cass has very little knowledge or memory of her family. At the age of ten she was taken from her parents by force by the mysterious ‘Institute’ who recognised her abilities and wanted to train her as a weapon to be used for whatever purpose they saw fit. Her step father was killed and her mother put into a long term coma from which she died around a year ago. She knows and has learnt little about who the 'Institute' are, only that they were based in France and spent years scarring her both physically and mentally.

During her time with them she was taught to hone and utilise her powers until she became older…then she was encouraged in different ways. At the age of 18 she was urged to begin stretching her abilities to harm others but her strong moral standing and compassion for others got in the way. She was tortured and scarred before being entered into the Institute’s breeding programme which went horribly wrong, causing her to have her womb removed. Her training continued from then, her mental state at the loss of her baby making her more willing to learn how to use her powers to harm others, if only to aid her assistance in leaving the place.

Finally at the age of 23 she made her escape with the assistance of a ‘friend’ within the institute. He was her lover and died helping her escape. She spent the next few years travelling across Europe, on the run from operatives who were sent to capture her, before finally finding more people like her and being invited to take residence in Xavier’s School where she could use her experiences and gifts for the good of the students and staff in the first semblance of safety she has had since being taken from her mother and step father.

Mother:

Name: Beatrice Eason
Race: human

Father:

Name: Birth father Unknown
Race: N/A

Other Relatives: None.

Powers: She has one main power with several uses. She is empathic, a power that is constant and subtle, though over the years she has learnt to utilise it in different ways by consciously sending out her senses to search for different emotional signatures to recognise the people around her and what they are feeling. She has been taught how to use her gift in two main ways, the first being to sense and help others through emotional disturbances they may be having, in its extreme she can take an emotion away from another bringing them peace and clarity of mind for a short while at least. The second way she has learnt to use her gift is to influence others with emotional responses, lifting or dampening a general atmosphere or in its extreme focusing on one person to make them hate so much they attack someone else or fall in love for example. This is something she is loathed to do and only does in the most extreme circumstances.

Power Limitations: Her ability is passive and as such cannot be ‘turned off’ it is in constant use and makes being in large groups of people for sustained periods very uncomfortable. When she reads a person’s emotional state or helps someone she opens up to their feelings and takes on the bulk if not all of their emotions as her own to deal with along with all the associated pain. When using her gift to sense and influence others she is prone to headaches and in extreme circumstances passing out from the mental and emotional strain, because of this it is something she cannot use constantly and must recover from doing so.

Hobbies and Interests:
Over the past few years she has had no time for hobbies and interests since she has been unable to relax. This is something she is looking forward to discovering and experimenting with now she is in an environment where it will be possible.

Secretwriter

o.o Welcome everyone!  I am very surprised at the turn out this morning and will get to reading your bios just as soon as I get my breakfast down!  *grins widely* Soooo many sexy characters.  When Adonis gets on, we'll discuss the bios and let people know if they should be moved over or if they have to be tweaked. 

Thank you all. <3

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Lady Lunarius

You wouldn't mind cornering Howlings character with me right ;)
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Alsheriam

Very nice, Rhedyn! Something tells me that Mike and Cass might end up working together quite often. ;)
A/A

Aiden

Rhedyn

Thank you Alsheriam, I certainly hope so  ;)

And might I say I love your choice of Simon Baker as a model for Mike *drools*